Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? (61418 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Name You Saved Someone's Number With? / What's The Best Phone You've Ever Used Or You're Currently Using? / [Updated] All type of Phone brand & their Price in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Offpoint: 9:28am On Jun 08, 2020
Homeboiy:

Lol no be lie oo
I'm a phone technician
The names of phones wey I de see de make me laugh.
The Susan de here now sef
SUSAN? gringrin
Nothing homeboiy no go see for him shop

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by eROCK247(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2020
seanwilliam:
Mine were 1. Kilishi 2. Funtum 3.pritin 3. Coppa
Only you these unknown brands? Abi dem give you to test-run?

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Babawon1: 9:35am On Jun 08, 2020
Satan66:

Stay strong bro grin
I don accept fate. my phone spoil, that's y I panic go buy new phone without investigating. that 25k I plan to contribute it to 90k to buy a photocopy machine. that's y it dey pain me that I buy wrong tin
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 08, 2020
riches4me:

Used d phone 4 2 yrs when my Lg g3 was stolen. Still have it though only that d battery is bad.
bros please can u dash me, my phone was stolen recenty while transiting. I am typing with an operamini powered itel now.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Ufedolove: 9:39am On Jun 08, 2020
The worst phone is used got to be Tecno Camon 8.

First, I believe I was just unlucky to get that unit. (The phone wasn't cloned, fake or refurbished though)

As usual na, everything was rosy in the first few days. Three or four days later:

1. This phone, with its original charger took exactly 4 hours to completely charge. Any other charger took 5 or more hours.

2. It was a taboo for the phone to run more than one app at the same time. (This included music players in the background; just forget about uploading pictures to Facebook or any other site using chrome cos the RAM space was never enough to open Chrome browser and Gallery at the same time).

3. In a day, the phone restarted itself at least 4 times. This included when the phone was idle and when I was using it, regardless of whatever I was doing.

4. Hanging, overheating and lagging were the hobbies of the phone.

5. The selfie camera was super bad for a phone that was marketed for its supposed camera prowess.

6. Etc

This f0cking phone frustrated the sh1t out of me I had to sell it off even without the hope of getting a new one soon.

The only good thing was that I got a fair deal. Sold it for 26k on efriitin dot com cos of the hype around it. (The hype that made me choose it over Samsung S4 2/16 duos).

From that moment, I vowed to NEVER use a Tecno phone again.

Mumu me, I didn't know that Tecno, Infinix and Itel were the same piece of trash bearing different names, na so I go buy Itel S something: when I finish crying, I'll write about it.

But thank God, I'm now a Xiaomi Note 8 Pro user. I ported after I was bitten again by Infinix Hot 6x. I no dey learn sha but never again will I look Transsion way.

7 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by grandstar(m): 9:44am On Jun 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

Dude, phone's phone.... Whether transsion or Hi-Tech....

Nigeria is yet to produce a pin....Until you can even assemble and couple finished products... you don't even have rights to criticize.... All you have to do is buy what you can afford....

Nigeria does not have to produce a phone. We don't even have comparative advantage in it.

Germany does not produce phones neither does Italy.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Veebliz(m): 9:51am On Jun 08, 2020
Mine is Leagoo, it's been working fine for over 1 year. cool
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 08, 2020
Mine was a used techno p9 I bought back in 2015...the most annoying thing in that phone was " unfortunately launcher has stopped" .

3 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nexusvibes(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2020
Oga is like you have signed deal with this Chinese companies never to use better brand grin grin
Umdigi F1 your main phone
Bontel phone X2
darelar:

Am using the small ones as my second phone for about 5 year's now of different model. I have bought more than 6 use and dash some out while some lost. The small ones are very good and I still have two with me now.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by rhames(m): 10:53am On Jun 08, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Mine is Gowin (even the name sounds like Godwin) .

First time I heard the name but still went ahead to buy it because it was cheap and the specs looked enticing. That was around 2013.

Well to cut the story short, the phone gave me a whole lot of problem within 24hrs. They even write 3G for the manual but e no get 3g o.

I bought it for 30k, 2 days later I had to sell it to computer village boys for 12k. The ones that even bought it 12k tried. Some wicked souls were pricing it 5k lol. I just accepted my loss and moved on. I no fit dey use something wey go dey give me frustration coz it wouldn't be long before I smash it on the floor out of anger so it was better I quickly sold it for whatever price.

Always save up and buy a new phone no matters WHAT. It saves you a lot of headache.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by hanson27(m): 10:54am On Jun 08, 2020
kingPhidel:
And no body is mentioning INNJOO MAX3G. . .
My friends INNJOO didnt last a week. If u carry bottle nack d screen na d bottle go break.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by mindtricks: 11:01am On Jun 08, 2020
Vulcanheph:
To anyone that buys "Coolpad" And thinks he has bought an android phone is Lying to himself.....mine showed me hell.

grin It's so you can fight to make heaven.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by WannaHowzit(m): 11:06am On Jun 08, 2020
Some cool. Some weird.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Thane(m): 11:07am On Jun 08, 2020
Flytime:
Although it is now known on Nairaland,it was umidigi I wasn't sure then I just risked it although I didn't regret it except in the camera department and a little heating up.

I'm replying you with an umidigi A5 pro, the phone has mad specs for the price. The only downside is the weight. it's x2 the weight of infinix Hot 8 but way better specs except for d 4000 mah battery

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by nightbuzzer: 11:09am On Jun 08, 2020
Ufedolove:
The worst phone is used got to be Tecno Camon 8.

First, I believe I was just unlucky to get that unit. (The phone wasn't cloned, fake or refurbished though)

As usual na, everything was rosy in the first few days. Three or four days later:

1. This phone, with its original charger took exactly 4 hours to completely charge. Any other charger took 5 or more hours.

2. It was a taboo for the phone to run more than one app at the same time. (This included music players in the background; just forget about uploading pictures to Facebook or any other site using chrome cos the RAM space was never enough to open Chrome browser and Gallery at the same time).

3. In a day, the phone restarted itself at least 4 times. This included when the phone was idle and when I was using it, regardless of whatever I was doing.

4. Hanging, overheating and lagging were the hobbies of the phone.

5. The selfie camera was super bad for a phone that was marketed for its supposed camera prowess.

6. Etc

This f0cking phone frustrated the sh1t out of me I had to sell it off even without the hope of getting a new one soon.

The only good thing was that I got a fair deal. Sold it for 26k on efriitin dot com cos of the hype around it. (The hype that made me choose it over Samsung S4 2/16 duos).

From that moment, I vowed to NEVER use a Tecno phone again.

Mumu me, I didn't know that Tecno, Infinix and Itel were the same piece of trash bearing different names, na so I go buy Itel S something: when I finish crying, I'll write about it.

But thank God, I'm now a Xiaomi Note 8 Pro user. I ported after I was bitten again by Infinix Hot 6x. I no dey learn sha but never again will I look Transsion way.
Your own done too much they said just experience not article

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by hanson27(m): 11:15am On Jun 08, 2020
Mine was SENDO X.......the phone mad gaaan.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Unlimitk(m): 11:16am On Jun 08, 2020
Kenny9857:

Where do you stay ?
Can you work as a casual worker I a snacks and beverages company ?
sir, i live around ojota in lagos,i can do any job you av sir,im also very broke,my numba is 08126602040 flash
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 08, 2020
NNAMDIII:
this phoned showed me hell 4 years ago
I still ask myself what made me to buy that horrible phone
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by whitemand4(m): 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
Satan66:

You must be joking
Which superb camera and fast charging?
Something that takes almost 3hrs to fully charge?

Are you sure your phone is itel p15 ? Mine Doesn't take more than 1hour 50 minutes to reach 100% from 0% even with data on. It's 4000mah ba3 is stronger than other phones' with same ba3 capacity. Don't let me talk about the camera because itel is known for their superb cameras. The problem with most people is that they expect a phone with just 1gig RAM to perform that of 2 to 4gig RAM. Stop bombarding your phone with so many heavy apps without minding the RAM ! Why won't it lag that way ? Maybe the phone is scared of your moniker grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by greenskittles: 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
oluwadabira111:
Bontel that phone is from the pit of hell!!
You gan, why would you buy a phone called "bontel" grin grin grin The name sef grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by whitemand4(m): 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Babawon1:
I don accept fate. my phone spoil, that's y I panic go buy new phone without investigating. that 25k I plan to contribute it to 90k to buy a photocopy machine. that's y it dey pain me that I buy wrong tin

You no buy any wrong thing. just don't overwork the phone you will enjoy it
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by lisa286: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Viciheaka:

Mine was archos hmmmm if I take selfie pictures with it I appear as a red alien from Mars, the heats up like crazy

Hahahaha
Hahahaha @ red alien
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
lisa286:

Hahahaha
Hahahaha @ red alien
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
it was that bad
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Ufedolove: 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2020
nightbuzzer:
Your own done too much they said just experience not article
My own pass experience ni grin
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by degab148(m): 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
Sendo grin grin grin grin..... That phone that year was so strong, i could use it to stone a goat that entered my compound...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by darelar(m): 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nexusvibes:
Oga is like you have signed deal with this Chinese companies never to use better brand grin grin
Umdigi F1 your main phone
Bontel phone X2

Have you use ummidigi F1 before or have anyone using it with bad review? Google the phone and know about it before you talk.

Which better phone are you referring to? Apart from Samsung, iPhone.
My Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition is still at home till now without solution. The phone I bought at #122k in September 5th 2014 and went off in 2016 with panel problem. Spend your money on what makes you happy and don't complain about what I spend my money on.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Babawon1: 12:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
whitemand4:

You no buy any wrong thing. just don't overwork the phone you will enjoy it
k
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Younggeek03(m): 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2020
OPSSON
Not bad though.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

Dude, phone's phone.... Whether transsion or Hi-Tech....

Nigeria is yet to produce a pin....Until you can even assemble and couple finished products... you don't even have rights to criticize.... All you have to do is buy what you can afford....
Don't be ridiculous. He has every right to criticize it. Guess why? Because he pays for it

1 Like

Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by Nexusvibes(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
No fight me oo grin grin grin grin
darelar:

Have you use ummidigi F1 before or have anyone using it with bad review? Google the phone and know about it before you talk.

Which better phone are you referring to? Apart from Samsung, iPhone.
My Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition is still at home till now without solution. The phone I bought at #122k in September 5th 2014 and went off in 2016 with panel problem. Spend your money on what makes you happy and don't complain about what I spend my money on.
Re: What's The Weirdest Phone Brand You've Ever Seen Or Bought? by DivineTurnAroun(f): 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
alramon:
anything called itel that red colored logo..
I don't want to know the model..

itel is crap

Itel is a good one. The one I bought is a year plus now and is still cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The 10 Cheapest Android Phones In Nigeria Lowest Below ₦15,000 / Some Of The Most Ridiculous Selfies Ever Shared By Nigerian Youths Online (pics) / 10-Year-Old Italian Girl Accidentally Kills Herself By Trying Tiktok Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.