Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,743 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language (1198 Views)

Learn How To Speak Yoruba Language For Free / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video) / Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
Greetings to you all. I'm new to nairaland. My reason for creating this thread is because I'm finding it hard to hear and speak Yoruba language. Please can the men and women here advice me on how i can go about to learn the Yoruba language?

Is there some sort of language school i need to go to? I live in Lagos, Ajah to be precise.

I will appreciate all the suggestions/advice i will get from you all.
Re: How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by matrix199(m): 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2020
Move to Mushin, and make friends with ibile.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
matrix199:
Move to Mushin, and make friends with ibile.

I know many yoruba people. I can only hear a little of the language. Isn't there a school where the language is taught for a fee?
Re: How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by RejoiceAlways: 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
michaelpop50:
Greetings to you all. I'm new to nairaland. My reason for creating this thread is because I'm finding it hard to hear and speak Yoruba language. Please can the men and women here advice me on how i can go about to learn the Yoruba language?

Is there some sort of language school i need to go to? I live in Lagos, Ajah to be precise.

I will appreciate all the suggestions/advice i will get from you all.
Listen to Yoruba speaking radio stations. Yoruba bible and hymn book are also resourceful.

Treat yourself to an improved radio listening experience with Nigeria Radio app!

Get it at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getjoydev.nigeriaradio

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
RejoiceAlways:
Listen to Yoruba speaking radio stations. Yoruba bible and hymn book are also resourceful.

Treat yourself to an improved radio listening experience with Nigeria Radio app!

Get it at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getjoydev.nigeriaradio

Alright I will do as you have suggested.
Re: How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by NaijadrivaCars: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
You don't "hear" a language. You "understand" a language.

If na broken (pidgin), eh heh, you go de correct to say, "hear Yoruba".
Re: How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
You don't "hear" a language. You "understand" a language.

If na broken (pidgin), eh heh, you go de correct to say, "hear Yoruba".

Na another man language from a foreign land nai you dey come here come form champion. If na my native language i take write or even if na your native language, you for ignore the error oh. Na your type dey post black square for instagram dey say black lives matter but you nor dey talk about the killings and tribalism when dey scatter Naija.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by Emilokoiyawon: 2:21am On Jun 23, 2020
michaelpop50:
Na another man language from a foreign land nai you dey come here come form champion. If na my native language i take write or even if na your native language, you for i
gnore the error oh. Na your type dey post black square for instagram dey say black lives matter but you nor dey talk about the killings and tribalism when dey scatter Naija.

grin grin grin Savage reply. grin grin grin

Anyway, my own suggestion will be to download the lyrics of the songs of your favorite artists who have some Yoruba lyrics. That way you can easily remember the sound of the words.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

grin grin grin Savage reply. grin grin grin

Anyway, my own suggestion will be to download the lyrics of the songs of your favorite artists who have some Yoruba lyrics. That way you can easily remember the sound of the words.

Yes, i get some olamide songs for my phone. I dey hear small small yoruba sha. But i need learn more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Learn To Hear And Speak Yoruba Language by mumumugu(m): 3:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
Date Yoruba babr

(1) (Reply)

Aba4life: Classical Exhibition Of A Moronic slowpoke / Any Gambians Online? / Amole(dududu)festival In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.