Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Does God Exist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (1546 Views)

Does God Exist? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by illicit(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

YET THE WORLD HIGHLY DEPENDS ON PHYSICAL, OBSERVABLE, REPEATABLE, EXPERIMENTAL POWER.

NO COUNTRY EVER THINKS OF WINNING A WAR WITH MAGIC. AS JUJU FILLED AS AFRICA IS, WE HAVE NEVER WON THE WORLD CUP. WE CAN'T EVEN TOUCH THE MOON.. YET WE CLAIM JUJU AND JAZZ. ORDINARY MALARIA SEF IS KILLING US ALL WE HAVE TO DEPEND ON FREE BILL GATE DRUGS. ABEG. SUPERNATURAL IS BS.

No now

The existence of supernatural power can not be limited to the healings alone. It might not even have to do with healing.
I know you are thinking about what the pastors and alfas say about what their God's can do but I wasn't referring to that.

There is an higher power, I am convinced of that. it I can't really tell you all the things it does or doesn't do, because I don't know but I am sure there is an higher authority.

I once witnessed the efficacy of Okigbe charm.
My police friend was involved in a bike accident and was rushed to the hospital, we were called too, on getting there, a nurse was attempting to stitch him but do you know that his skin couldn't be penetrated and the guy was semi conscious, I have to search his clothing and I removed a talisman from a cut in his underwear. That was when he could be stitched. I tell u.
So is that physical? It's supernatural and am convinced

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by kingxsamz(m): 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
illicit:

No now

The existence of supernatural power can not be limited to the healings alone. It might not even have to do with healing.
I know you are thinking about what the pastors and alfas say about what their God's can do but I wasn't referring to that.

There is an higher power, I am convinced of that. it I can't really tell you all the things it does or doesn't do, because I don't know but I am sure there is an higher authority.

My police friend was involved in a bike accident and was rushed to the hospital, we were called too, on getting there, a nurse was attempting to stitch him but do you know that his skin couldn't be penetrated and the guy was semi conscious, I have to search his clothing and I removed a talisman from a cut in his underwear. That was when he could be stitched. I tell u.

Eyah, stories upon stories.
We only hear these things but no evidence.
If your story is true, Bokoharam won't be killing our soldiers. The charm would have spread across the army. But no.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
illicit:

Cool! grin
So how come the Okigbe charm did not keep his skin from tearing in the first place? undecided
Re: Does God Exist? by illicit(m): 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
kingxsamz:

Eyah, stories upon stories.
We only hear these things but no evidence.
If your story is true, Bokoharam won't be killing our soldiers. The charm would have spread across the army. But no.

Well for real, personally I don't have any charm but for real I saw what I saw that day.

Why the armies don't use charm,I don't know but I know that Sergeant Dogas skin couldn't be pierced by a needle that day.

Now remember that I said that he had an accident despite having the charm on him, yes.

When he regained consciousness, he thanked me for rescuing him, he said he would have died of bleeding as no pointed object can penetrate his skin once he has that charm on him but that the charm is not effective against blunt force, trauma, bruises which results from accidents
Re: Does God Exist? by illicit(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Cool! grin
So how come the Okigbe charm did not keep his skin from tearing in the first place? undecided

It only works against pointed and sharp objects.

His skin tore because he was dragged on the asphalt by the bike
Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
illicit:
It only works against pointed and sharp objects.
His skin tore because he was dragged on the asphalt by the bike
Interesting! grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Nitah1: 1:22am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Are you implying that He ought to favor those who claim to love Him over those who don't ?

What does the statement "God is Love" mean to you?
You tell me....using the current realities as yardstick?
Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
You tell me....using the current realities as yardstick?
Tell you what? undecided undecided At least answer the first question?
Re: Does God Exist? by Nitah1: 1:29am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

What in the world are those? undecided
Certificate obtained in Bible school....only winners members can relate to it.
Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 1:31am On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
Certificate obtained in Bible school....only winners members can relate to it.
Oh! I am sorry to break this to you but as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned, they don't mean diddly squat. lipsrsealed
Re: Does God Exist? by Nitah1: 1:31am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Tell you what? undecided undecided At least answer the first question?
And where in my comments have I said that?
Do you have answers to my questions?
Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 1:33am On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
And where in my comments have I said that?
Do you have answers to my questions?
Nitah1:
For God so loved the world that He sent his only son to die for us ( paraphrase).
If God loved us as enshrined in john 3:16,why allow terrible things to keep happening to his love ones?

Are you implying that He ought to favor those who claim to love Him over those who don't ?
Re: Does God Exist? by Nitah1: 1:34am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Oh! I am sorry to break this to you but as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned, they mean diddly squat. lipsrsealed
pls,I was only answering ur question bro.
Re: Does God Exist? by Nitah1: 1:36am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

And how does that implies that he loves others and hate some....love ones there refers to us the human he created......are you for real?
Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 2:04am On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
And how does that implies that he loves others and hate some....love ones there refers to us the human he created......are you for real?
Considering your use of the word "Christian", I felt I needed to be sure.
Anywho,

The statement that "God is Love" reveals to us that God is the embodiment of Love. Everything about God, of God, His every action is Love itself.
What does this really mean? It means Love in action is seen when God...

* drowned the world sparing only Noah and his family, along with the animals
* rained fire and brimstone from the skies to burn the entirety of Sodom and Gomorrah
* setting confusion into the midst of the people at the tower of Babel
* caused manna to fall from heaven to feed his people in the wilderness
* caused quails to fall to feed Israel, and then caused all those who had eaten it to choke to death
* caused the grounds to open up and swallow about 14,000 Israelites in one day
* caused all generations of Israelites, 20 years and older, who came out of the land of Egypt to perish in the wilderness
* signed His first covenant with His Children Israel, right before they entered the promised land of Canaan
* handed his Israel over to the enemy so many times over the many millennia whenever He needed to have Israel punished for their sins
* sent Jesus Christ, His new Covenant for all the world
* sent His only Son to die so that man might be redeemed
That is just a bit of what Love means. The God of the Bible does not apologize for who He is. He is Love and Love is He.

So, my question to you is, is this the love you had in mind when you created this thread asking if God exists ? grin
Re: Does God Exist? by Vic2Ree(m): 6:37am On Jun 07, 2020
Efe94:
[s]I was praying sometime ago when this thought came to my mind.

"Our parents loves us so much, yet they beat and insults us. Knowing that these actions can inflict pains emotionally, physically and otherwise, yet it doesn't stop them from doing such.

Has their LOVE for us stop them from beating us?

Whatever is happening in the world today is simply man's orchestration, in collaboration with the principalities that rule the dark work.

What would happen if all men decide to only collaborate with God by obeying His precepts without giving room to the other power to subdue them?

Things will be much better, not without some difficulties though because ever since the fall of man, alot happened and everything will go back to it normal state in the second coming....[/s]
Ogbeni carry your Stockholm syndrome waka loss abeg. Are you a masochist? For your information, Nigerian parents are some of the most abusive parents you can think of.

Good people are suffering everyday and your supposedly "omnibenevolent" god will choose to seat back and let it happen? Do you know the implication of being "omnibenevolent"

Another glaring contradiction in the Christian doctrine

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Roycemadeit(m): 8:10am On Jun 07, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

IF WE STOPPED SINNING TODAY AND START LIVING LIKE ANGELS, WE'RE ALL STILL GOING TO DIE TERRIBLY. NOT FROM ACCIDENTS, BUT FROM NATURALLY OCCURRING DISEASES AND NATURAL DISASTERS. OUR HOLINESS WON'T TAKE AWAY A TIGER'S HUNGER FOR FLESH OR MAKE ALL SNAKES NON-VENOMOUS.

THE EARTH WASN'T DESIGNED FOR US, AND WE'RE JUST HERE BY MISTAKE. THERE'S NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE SPECIAL AND YOUR GOD PUT YOU HERE FOR A PURPOSE. THAT'S A FALLACY.

We are here for no purpose, but for the purpose, we choose for ourselves. This purpose isn't subjected to building houses or having many wives etc. It's the total experience of all you could be.

The earth is yours, your body is earth, the food you eat is earth. Don't go saying you are not of the earth because our consciousness, polarized perspectives, and culture has made the earth this way. If only, we could understand that the problem of this world would end the moment we see each other as one, direct our consciousness towards what serves the whole of humanity best and stop seeing anything as evil or good, but a thing, we would have us a better world.
Re: Does God Exist? by shachris02: 9:16am On Jun 07, 2020
illicit:
Supernatural powers exist

Prove it
Re: Does God Exist? by illicit(m): 9:19am On Jun 07, 2020
shachris02:

Prove it
Do you believe in Karma?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
Before i ask some teething questions here that have existed in my head for sometime now,i want you all to know that i am a born again child of God....i did my BCC,LCC,and LDC respectively.

For God so loved the world that He sent his only son to die for us ( paraphrase).

If God loved us as enshrined in john 3:16,why allow terrible things to keep happening to his love ones?

Bokoharam killed thousands and displaced many Christians in the North East,arm robbers are killing on daily basis.
Bandits are on the rampage,rapists are rapping and killing innocent women,eg Uwa and co.....

Isis invaded iraq in a broad daylight and massacre thousand and almost wipes out Yazidi Christian minorities in that country,....

Rituals kill and butcher human like animals in the name of quick money...

God,where are you?

Or are we deceiving our selves that you exist?

Can a father stand and watch his children maltreated without action?

China produces virus that almost wipes half of the world population.....where is our protectors.?

Good morning Bro. I understand how you feel. Intense suffering can make us wonder where God is at times. Even faithful men like Elijah, Job and Habbakuk all wondered the same. God made sure it was all recorded in the Bible so we too can be able to identify with their feelings.

The Bible shows clearly that God does not cause suffering. Not only that, it hurts him to see us suffer and soon he will act to save us. Please read the following verses. Proverbs 6:16,17 to see that God hates to see innocent blood shed. James 1:13 to see that God does not cause suffering. Psalms 37:9-11 to see that God will remove wicked people. And Revelation 21:3,4 to see his plans for his righteous servants.

I will like to talk with you more in private via WhatsApp? Is that OK by you?
Re: Does God Exist? by Nitah1: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Anywho,

The statement that "God is Love" reveals to us that God is the embodiment of Love. Everything about God, of God, His every action is Love itself.

* rained fire and brimstone from the skies to burn the entirety of Sodom and Gomorrah
* caused quails to fall to feed Israel, and then caused all those who had eaten it to choke to death
* caused all generations of Israelites, 20 years and older, who came out of the land of Egypt to perish in the wilderness
* signed His first covenant with His Children Israel, right before they entered the promised land of Canaan
* handed his Israel over to the enemy so many times over the many millennia whenever He needed to have Israel punished for their sins
That is just a bit of what Love means. The God of the Bible does not apologize for who He is. He is Love and Love is He.

So, my question to you is, is this the love you had in mind when you created this thread asking if
God exists ? grin
This does not in any way address my question....God destroyed sodom and Gomorrah and save the righteous among them......why kill little kids?

He hands Israelites to its enemies cos they refused to heed His warnings as seen in Exodus.
What are the promises he made for the redeemed man?

Cause the ground to swallow 1400 cos they anger God on their way to the promise land
What's the offense of those girls that are rape and murdered?

Oga,i am a student of bible....answer why God look the other way while bad things happen to kids,innocent and co?
Re: Does God Exist? by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 9:53am On Jun 07, 2020
SILVERLINES:
Interesting

Sometimes I often ponder on the issue of God existence, but deep and truly to my soul I can't find an answer.

It is Ok to feel how you feel. But there are answers. Please at your spare time go thru the following article along with your Bible to find proof of God's existence.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-no1-2019-jan-feb/

As the pandemic rages on, people wonder where God is and if he is comfortable watching us go thru this difficulties. The short answer is NO. He will soon act. Please find proof here that God is not cruel and not the cause of our suffering. He will put an end to it.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/awake-no2-2020-jul-aug/
Re: Does God Exist? by ThatFairGuy: 9:55am On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
Why did HE allow bad things to happen to HIS people that have created in HIS image?
If you want to understand it well, you will have to ask for ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE AND CHRISTIAN PERSPECTIVE DIFFERENTLY.
In Islam, God doesn't created the creatures in His image.
To your question, Allah created paradise and hell fire so that, followers of shaitan (devil) will enter hellfire with him.

He warned us, with His commandments, to be patient in this World, worship Him solely, do goods etcetera for us to be favoured (enter paradise), but whoever go against all these(transgressed) by causing attrocities in the land will lose in the hereafter.

Holy Prophet clarified this for us with this statement "THIS LIFE IS PRISON FOR WHOEVER WANTS PARADISE(WHO BELIEVES) BUT PARADISE FOR THOSE THAT WILL DWELL IN HELLFIRE".
Prison in the sense that, they're not permitted to ACT ANYHOW (they're guided by laws) while PARADISE in the sense that, they do what they want, they're lawless, they can act anyhow they want, they doesn't believe in Allah, they kills without justification and other attrocities till death caught up with them. HENCE what we experiences today (your question)

NOTE: God is capable of making all His creature doing as He wants, He's just observing one of His Mightiness. That's why even his Prophets and Messengers faced hardship (just to test their Faith in Him) but ultimately made them prevails.
Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 9:57am On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
This does not in any way address my question....
God destroyed sodom and Gomorrah and save the righteous among them...... why kill little kids ?
He hands Israelites to its enemies cos they refused to heed His warnings as seen in Exodus.
What are the promises he made for the redeemed man?
Cause the ground to swallow 1400 cos they anger God on their way to the promise land
What's the offense of those girls that are rape and murdered?
Oga,i am a student of bible....answer why God look the other way while bad things happen to kids,innocent and co?

Because He is God! God is not for the faint of heart, my friend! All of what He is recorded to have done, and continues to do, He does because He is God. God is Love, so know that His every action is Love itself.
If you cannot even wrap your mind around that, then you probably shouldn't even worry your head about Him and what He does. Live your life showing yourself better than Him if you can. grin
Re: Does God Exist? by Nitah1: 10:06am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Anywho,

So, my question to you is, is this the love you had in mind when you created this thread asking if God exists ? grin
In 2011 why i was preparing for my wedding,i was asked to do genotype test,it shows both of us AS,the pastor asked us " whose report do we believed" we said that of God.....The first baby came breached,we prayed more than eight hrs yet she left......
My mom was a born again Christian that thru out her life time she wrote songs yet not educated,when she sick,she prayed about it till she died.....

So,mrs man,you have not experience a bit of what i have gone thru in my life......that's y u wrote what u put up ☝️ there.

I lost my father at 12,my mom at 18.......you have no idea of what i have been thru in life... .
Any one that have it good in life will say same as you.....

But yet again,i said you will not understand.
Re: Does God Exist? by Nitah1: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Because He is God! God is not for the faint of heart, my friend! All of what He is recorded to have done, and continues to do, He does because He is God. God is Love, so know that His every action is Love itself.
If you cannot even wrap your mind around that, then you probably shouldn't even worry your head about Him and what He does. Live your life showing yourself better than Him if you can. grin
God love us,Uwa raped and murdered.
He loved us and bokoharam are killing and raping Christian.
He loved us and innocent day old babies are been raped.

Isis is alo killing in the middle east.

If you are a pastor...i put it to you that u are a poor type...

Thank you.....
Re: Does God Exist? by Nitah1: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

If you want to understand it well, you will have to ask for ISLAMIC PERSPECTIVE AND CHRISTIAN PERSPECTIVE DIFFERENTLY.
In Islam, God doesn't created the creatures in His image.
To your question, Allah created paradise and hell fire so that, followers of shaitan (devil) will enter hellfire with him.

He warned us, with His commandments, to be patient in this World, worship Him solely, do goods etcetera for us to be favoured (enter paradise), but whoever go against all these(transgressed) by causing attrocities in the land will lose in the hereafter.

Holy Prophet clarified this for us with this statement "THIS LIFE IS PRISON FOR WHOEVER WANTS PARADISE(WHO BELIEVES) BUT PARADISE FOR THOSE THAT WILL DWELL IN HELLFIRE".
Prison in the sense that, they're not permitted to ACT ANYHOW (they're guided by laws) while PARADISE in the sense that, they do what they want, they're lawless, they can act anyhow they want, they doesn't believe in Allah, they kills without justification and other attrocities till death caught up with them. HENCE what we experiences today (your question)

NOTE: God is capable of making all His creature doing as He wants, He's just observing one of His Mightiness. That's why even his Prophets and Messengers faced hardship (just to test their Faith in Him) but ultimately made them prevails.
Can you as a father stand and watch your daughter rape and murder?
Can you wait for your children to pray and fast before you will do ur fatherly duties them?

what have the little kids done wrong to test death?
Can the dead prevails at the end?
Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
In 2011 why i was preparing for my wedding,i was asked to do genotype test,it shows both of us AS,the pastor asked us " whose report do we believed" we said that of God.....The first baby came breached,we prayed more than eight hrs yet she left......
My mom was a born again Christian that thru out her life time she wrote songs yet not educated,when she sick,she prayed about it till she died.....
So,mrs man,you have not experience a bit of what i have gone thru in my life......that's y u wrote what u put up ☝️ there.
I lost my father at 12,my mom at 18.......you have no idea of what i have been thru in life... .
Any one that have it good in life will say same as you.....
But yet again,i said you will not understand.
Do you think your life story is the saddest ever? Your stories are a child's play compared to mine. Yet, no story of woe will change the fact of what I have stated so far.
God is not for you if you are not willing to accept Him as is. I learned that myself just a couple of years ago. And until you accept that fact, you will likely continue to wonder. So rather than wonder about Him, I suggest you work instead on letting go of your hangups over God, and living your life, the way you think it best to. The worst way to live is being bitter about all of this. smiley
Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
God love us,Uwa raped and murdered.
He loved us and bokoharam are killing and raping Christian.
He loved us and innocent day old babies are been raped.
Isis is alo killing in the middle east.
If you are a pastor...i put it to you that u are a poor type...Thank you.....
LOL... I am not your pastor. I am not that kind. I will not lie to you or feed you bullpiss to draw you towards a God you are obviously not able to understand at this point ... it is not worth it. grin
Re: Does God Exist? by ThatFairGuy: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nitah1:
Can you as a father stand and watch your daughter rape and murder?

Do not compare God with human. Meanwhile, Both the rapist and victim are His creations, He will justify between them afterlife

Can you wait for your children to pray and fast before you will do ur fatherly duties them?
We were told in the Qur'an that, WE'RE ON EARTH TO WORSHIP GOD, the freedom where we won't be doing those acts of worship that are very hard for us on Earth IS IN THE HEREAFTER

what have the little kids done wrong to test death?
In ANY which way, we're all destined to die. Even the assailant is just UNFORTUNATE to have aid his victims death. Have you ever ask yourself why gun shielding juju(charm) works and fails? When the it's time to die, IT WON'T EXCEED A SECOND
Can the dead prevails at the end?
YES! The dead will prevails in afterlife with paradise(there is NOTHING as rewarding other than this), while his assailant will now be punished in hellfire FOREVER
Re: Does God Exist? by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Does God Exist? by Image123(m): 12:06am On Jun 08, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

IF WE STOPPED SINNING TODAY AND START LIVING LIKE ANGELS, WE'RE ALL STILL GOING TO DIE TERRIBLY. NOT FROM ACCIDENTS, BUT FROM NATURALLY OCCURRING DISEASES AND NATURAL DISASTERS. OUR HOLINESS WON'T TAKE AWAY A TIGER'S HUNGER FOR FLESH OR MAKE ALL SNAKES NON-VENOMOUS.

THE EARTH WASN'T DESIGNED FOR US, AND WE'RE JUST HERE BY MISTAKE. THERE'S NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT YOU'RE SPECIAL AND YOUR GOD PUT YOU HERE FOR A PURPOSE. THAT'S A FALLACY.

You're a mistake? No wonder.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Doubt In The Existence Of God / General Butt Nakd, Genocidal Liberian Warlord, Spared By The Grace Of God? / The Bitter Truth About Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.