Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) (99898 Views)

Hemingways Safari / Lion Opens Car Door At Safari Park / Yankari Tourist Resort & Safari Ed-el Fitr Preparation Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Tywo2018: 11:28am On Nov 28, 2018
platiniumxg:
OH they are SCAMMERS. I got a text from them that i won an all expense paid trip to any country of my choice and i had a voucher worth $1200 waiting for me, when i got there the story changed to paying $8000 (eight thousand dollars) membership fee for 20 years. That was like 4.8 million naira, there i was thinking....... i came here to get a free voucher and now i have to pay for something that was suppose to be free?? They said the fee was for accomodation spanning 20 years with $350 yearly maintenance fee. They had this soft intimidating idea of you not leaving until allowed. So i agreed to pay the money but told them we needed to go to my bank, the agent (Very attractive Tracy) handling my voucher agreed to follow me to my bank where i met with my account officer (Teju) and planned with her to frustrate Agent Tracy for days saying that my account had BVN issues and she kept paying cab fares for like three days for me 1000 Naira per trip trying to get my $8000, i stopped picking her calls on the fourth day. Beware they are SCAMMERS.
SCAMMERS.
SCAMMERS.
SCAMMERS.
SCAMMERS.
SCAMMERS.
SCAMMERS.
Oh boy I say to their ordinary biscuits and water you must. They waste time ehnn
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by kunzzy4me(m): 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hahhahaha.. Yes so.. I was there last year with my wife.. They serve us Tea I drink ooo and after they start their usual Marketing ..then beinging they market is to pay to visit some certain country... For where
They even offer we can pay via POS when I told him I don't have cash on me...

1 Like

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by hollo: 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2019
The thieves also called me yesterday. Thank God I checked them out on nairaland. Im surely gonna curse dem if I get any further calls from them.
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Spyetv: 11:02pm On Jan 30, 2019
Thank you for this beautiful Information here.
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by mikylon(m): 8:39pm On Feb 05, 2019
This guys called me this evening , congratulating and telling me how i won a voucher with a family trip to any 5 countries of my choice. I didnt even let him finish when i interupted him and told him that if his company is not sponsoring the whole trip without me spending any kobo, he should get out of my phone cos i got no time.

5 Likes

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by endureson: 4:35pm On May 03, 2019
Lovexme:
People hate what they do not understand undecided

I can bet most of you shouting scammers can't even afford a self paid trip for a vacation abroad. All I'm saying is don't bring down someone's business just because of another's supposed 'bad experience'. Go find out for yourself first!

Go and afford it and forget about those who can't afford it.

1 Like

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Lovexme(m): 4:56pm On May 03, 2019
endureson:

Go and afford it and forget about those who can't afford it.

People like you, eh?
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Ashabbiiee: 10:34am On Jun 05, 2019
Thanks Nairalanders. I got a call today,I wont even go at all..

1 Like

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Asquare84(m): 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
There is one travel agency called VIP travel in Abuja they have scanned alot of people of their had earned money. After initial deposit you make to them the money will be transferred to their pay master in south African and no more refund , two years ago the case came up in Abuja popular radio show brekete family and alot of Nigerian came to the studio to complain how they were scam without refund, they case was reported to EFCC then , Nigeria guess what ? after the bad image of the company the re-brand, change name and continue with their scan
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by buymyride: 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2019
Thank God for nairaland ooo. I was already planning on paying them a visit but decided to make a brief background checks and then gbolaaaaa ..... I landed on this thread. grin grin grin

God bless you all for saving my head, hard earned money and most especially my time. I cant wait to pick their next call, God didnt bless me with this sharp mouth for nothing grin

Check my posts, i sell cars at check rates. Aurovire

2 Likes

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by ceasare: 9:54am On Jun 18, 2019
I was at HSA office on June 12 with my wife and after d presentation and all that I told d agent I don't hv that kind of fund for a family vacation regardless of how badly I wanted it.i told him I will hv to go home and do my math before I can take a decision even though he wanted me to deposit something as d case maybe.i found it interesting that two of d family during my section decided to subscribe to d #4.8mil package on d spot ! Where they rented crowd to mk we d invited to part with our fund ? I wouldn't know but my six sense doesn't fail me.
Now back to whether they are scam or not I don't think they are.2ndly is their package affordable and worth it? Affordability is relative ,but Worthing it is left to those who hv subscribe but I bliv I can get same service for my self without a tour packager for less than what's been offered.however a good d business they r running might sound like I think the Nigerian factor is just their like arm twisting,subtle lie and coercion and all that.....from them I J's found out d easiest way to cheat a Nigerian give him free things! D ticket they gv was to Cayman island ,thailand and 3 other funny countries where d ticket cost outweighs d 5nights given and they know most people won't use it given d 6months validity on it.in a nutshell it's just a worthless tissue paper.

My humble opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by harqinhola(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
[Lies lies lies!!!!! I'm a victim.i got scammed big time quote author=thaemm post=31710782]now I can comfortably comment here after a month of torment from the posts of "therealdeal777" or phema.. whatever your name is. the truth is that those that are quick to call people crooks are the real criminals. I googled hemingways safari after my mum told me they were going for.their presentation. obviously I had my doubts by I asked her to tell my uncle in lag to do a background check on them. well, when they came back to enugu, I was told they registered. two things came to my mind... it's either these guys are quick to grab whatever they can or they want to make sure they have gotten u as a client by commitment. well, I called a friend to do visit their building and do a thorough check and also check with corporate affairs commission. everything came up clean(this is what a learned person does, not some stupid theory and speculations online). after this, the next headache was hemingway giving my parents an appointment for coaching on how to answer questions for U.S embassy application. the delay was endless till 2 weeks ago, they were booked for a meeting for 16th with hemingway and 17th for the embassy interview. at the meeting, they were coached on every aspect of the interview and were given their hotel accommodation paid bookings by hemingway in Florida. they went for the interview this morning by 9.30am and information just reaching me now is that they got it and are traveling next month.
the point here is that it's a very foolish and stupid. thing to do, coming online to rubbish people's businesses without any reason or verification of details but just based on a distorted view about people in general. it's really bleeped up.for real. For the record, I have absolutely no connections with hemingway or their affiliates. check and verify for yourself. I'm a Med Doctor not a business man, check Chibuzo Ndiokwelu on Facebook. If u are in lag check for yourself at hemingway office at Lagos Chamber of Commerce Conference and Exhibition Centre Alausa ikeja. [/quote]
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by perma: 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2019
They are scammers!!! Beware of those criminals....They just duped my parents...We make sure they brought to books...

thief's!!!!!!!!!!
They stage crowd to their office.
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Franciscoli2: 12:28am On Nov 13, 2019
Am still shocked,just on the 13th of November, 2019, I went with my wife to this so called Hemingway here in Abuja and saw a lot.

The desperate nature of this guy's wanting me to cough out millions instantly is really amazing. At a point I told d young man attached to me that how can he Jst call me here today and wants me to pay that kind of money even after I told him we would com back next week instead he insisted that i should make deposits and that got me so mad and my wife was pleading with me, and while I was punching my phone he was looking at my phone in panic thinking I was recording our discussion. I laughed because they don't even know who they are dealing with yet, u want to force me to register immediately, for crying out loud I plan and budget myself these days before I spend but as it unfolds a man and his spouse left earlier immediately because they smelled rat but one Hausa man fell for their trap. They are even there with their POS machines about 5 of it to make sure u pay something, am really on d watch out for u. I will confirm Hemingway, watamu in Kenya wit a friend of mine based there to keep more. This is magnified scam
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Franciscoli2: 12:38am On Nov 13, 2019
Infact at first, no sign post, the way d lady was dressed with tight pants revealing all her curves, the guys putting on a suit with a jumped trousers and looking so hagered and unprofessional and I asked my wife what is this? U need to see the way u will be welcomed, infact u will be convinced but my worry was why d desperation for me to pay half a million or more at the spot, who does that in this world? I know their agents are here monitoring but I will deal with u guys because u don't even know who u are messing with
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Olori121: 4:09am On Dec 02, 2019
Believe it they are scammer,I was this week at southern sun hotel,I regretted wasting my precious time going there,I had to call someone to take care of my kids for me which I have never done before yesterday.
Personally I don't believe in any free things and I told my hubby they are scam that who will just tell you they have free voucher for you just like that in this Nigeria where most people want to collect the little you have and add to there own but he said we should go that if they say we should pay will they force us and I said No,that was how I went there wasted my precious time and they are still even explaining rubbish when I stood up that I am going but my husband been a gentle guy was still trying to scope them and giving them reason why he can't pay(who have time for that one again when they have already wasted my time)I didn't even collect there usesless voucher again.
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by kunzzy4me(m): 7:55am On Dec 02, 2019
They are scam...the same thing happen to me and my wife ...we left Ibadan to Lagos just to listen to their nonsense...they serve us tea..and after their ranting ..they told us to pay n register... And in fact they brought out their pos machine that we need to pay part of the money but I just told am sorry ..we can't pay now ..we need to go and come back ...they do all sort of thing to ensure we pay ..I insisted that we are not paying now...its not done that way...they gave is their useless voucher dough...I think I still have it ...will upload it next time ..its already expired dough..
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by SlowlybtSurely: 8:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
mbhs139:

Unfortunately, in the year of our Lord 2018, my elder brother has fallen victim with his 1.1million gratuity money. I'm crying right now, because the consequences is already affecting my own finances, if you know what I mean.

He never consulted me before taking this action. In fact, when I asked him what's the name of the company he paid money into, he said he can't remember. To tell you how dumb some people could be if you cannot remember the name of the company you paid a whopping 1.1million naira into.

Now, how do I tell him that he has been scammed?

Chai! How are people this gullible though?! embarassed embarassed
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by SlowlybtSurely: 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2019
Olori121:
Believe it they are scammer,I was this week at southern sun hotel,I regretted wasting my precious time going there,I had to call someone to take care of my kids for me which I have never done before yesterday.
Personally I don't believe in any free things and I told my hubby they are scam that who will just tell you they have free voucher for you just like that in this Nigeria where most people want to collect the little you have and add to there own but he said we should go that if they say we should pay will they force us and I said No,that was how I went there wasted my precious time and they are still even explaining rubbish when I stood up that I am going but my husband been a gentle guy was still trying to scope them and giving them reason why he can't pay(who have time for that one again when they have already wasted my time)I didn't even collect there usesless voucher again.

Epele.
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by mbhs139(m): 9:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
SlowlybtSurely:

Chai! How are people this gullible though?! embarassed embarassed

No, it is plain stupidity!

This is December 2019, he's still no believe that he has been duped. He's still looking for money for ticket, just to travel to Dubai. After giving 1.1m naira to some lousy agency to help process multiple visas and holiday package, according to him ó. It's a shame!

1 Like

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by CHARLOE(m): 11:32am On Dec 14, 2019
Interesting!
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Jogada(m): 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
But why are there using Interview Invitation treaks to make people go for the presentation I don't think they are displaying any form of honesty here. Just received a very long SMS from them, inviting me for an interview. With what I just read here, don't think am going anywhere. Thanks to Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by harqinhola(m): 8:22am On Jan 01, 2020
newhaven:
Please i'd like to know if anyone knows about the company here in Nigeria and if they have a proven track record.
This is because i have a relative who recently registered with them as she wants to travel to South Africa this year and the company promised her some benefits including free accommodation for her and her spouse.
thank you

My honest advice , don’t go there . I regretted it .

2 Likes

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by harqinhola(m): 8:28am On Jan 01, 2020
Franciscoli2:
Am still shocked,just on the 13th of November, 2019, I went with my wife to this so called Hemingway here in Abuja and saw a lot.

The desperate nature of this guy's wanting me to cough out millions instantly is really amazing. At a point I told d young man attached to me that how can he Jst call me here today and wants me to pay that kind of money even after I told him we would com back next week instead he insisted that i should make deposits and that got me so mad and my wife was pleading with me, and while I was punching my phone he was looking at my phone in panic thinking I was recording our discussion. I laughed because they don't even know who they are dealing with yet, u want to force me to register immediately, for crying out loud I plan and budget myself these days before I spend but as it unfolds a man and his spouse left earlier immediately because they smelled rat but one Hausa man fell for their trap. They are even there with their POS machines about 5 of it to make sure u pay something, am really on d watch out for u. I will confirm Hemingway, watamu in Kenya wit a friend of mine based there to keep more. This is magnified scam

I fell for that “make an advance payment” nonsense and I regret it . They have my 450k and they’ve refused to pay me back stating no it is no refundable .
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by ihnomechengr(m): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
How would you give someone 450k on the spot my God!!! Where do people see this type of free money. It pains me so much, to see people give out free money. They have been calling me for more than 1year now, I am still looking for ways to even get money from them. They are just useless people, I will show them pepe.

harqinhola:

I fell for that “make an advance payment” nonsense and I regret it . They have my 450k and they’ve refused to pay me back stating no it is no refundable .

1 Like

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Namzy(m): 3:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
Just called by Vip express tourism limited with same format. Funny thing when I googled them I saw they were once arrested by EFCC and charged to court for defrauding customers but they won the case "The long dispute between VIP Express Tourism and the Consumer Protection Council,CPC, over an alleged misconduct and wrongful dealings by VIP Express towards its customers has been resolved.
A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja delivering its Judgement on 10-04-2018 in suit no: FHC/ABJ/CS/55/2017, VIP Express Tourism Limited v. Consumer Protection Council & Anor, held that the tourism firm has not been involved in any wrongdoing or unscrupulous activity in its relationship with customers as alleged, and consequently quashed the decision and recommendations made by the Consumer Protection Council (CPC).

Recall that in September 2015, CPC, began investigation into the operations of VIP Express Tourism following complaints, alleging gross abuse of consumer’s rights.

In December 2016, whilst there was a pending suit in court, the CPC released an Order for VIP Express Tourism to refund N25 million to some aggrieved clients who could no longer meet their contractual obligations towards the tourism firm.

But putting the matter to rest, the Federal High Court, ruled that the CPC had no power to determine the rights, legality, propriety or otherwise of any contract between VIP Express Tourism ltd and its clients".
Really sad. Well won't be going
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by iamprofralph: 12:54pm On Feb 12, 2020
Please can I have your number I want to ask you a personal question or you can WhatsApp me on 07068056174
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by dav704(m): 11:36am On Feb 24, 2020
The word Safari is from the Swahili and it means “journey“. Originally, it’s from the Arabic adjective “Safar” which means “journey, travel, tour or voyaging”.

https://roundtripholidays.com.ng/african-safari/

African safari
African Safari
According to history, safari refers to the long journey people had for migration, trade purposes and so on but now, the game has changed, the experience has gone from the former underdeveloped experience to what we can term ” an evolutionary voyage i.e to describe a holiday tour to Africa in order to experience the wildlife parade and culture of the continent.
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Ojugunrege(f): 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2020
Dear Guest, A table has been reserved for you and your spouse on SATURDAY 29TH FEBRUARY,2020. TIME:11:30AM PROMPT. Venue: THE ODUDUWA HALL,
SOUTHERN SUN HOTEL, off Alfred Rewane Road BESIDE GOLDEN GATE RESTAURANT,IKOYI, LAGOS. We look forward to meeting you BOTH. FOR ENQUIRIES
(JONATHAN 08075891571) www.myhemingways.com

Our invite for tomorrow grin grin...won't be going though. Thanks for all the info kiss

1 Like

Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by harqinhola(m): 11:10am On May 09, 2020
Thueves, scammers..... Plw dont fall for their tricks.
Re: Hemingways Safari(who Knows?) by Chidx(f): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dear Mr&Mrs Bleep, A Table has been Reserved for you at HEMINGWAY'S SAFARIS AFRICA. DATE: fri. 21st Aug 2020 TIME:10AM PROMPT.
VENUE: 3RD FLR,(LCCI ),Lagos State Chambers Of Commerce And lndustry 10A NURUDEEN OLOWOPOPO DRIVE,BEHIND M.K.O ABIOLA GARDENS ESTATE, ALAUSA-IKEJA.
We look forward to meeting you Both. www.myhemingways.com Call Chinyere 09062623711.

Nairalanders, thank you soo much for not allowing me go waste my time tomorrow. grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Air Peace Crew That Flew In The Medical Supplies From Turkey(photos) / Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.