Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire (73700 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2013 For Sale_manual / Registered Toyota Corolla 2013 For Grabs!!!! / Very Clean Toyota Corolla 2013 For Sale 3.8m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by alezzy13: 8:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Adebola143:
Toyota company really need to be sued for this.
I experienced the same this just February this year with my Toyota Corolla 2012.
The car was parked as well, nobody inside, engine not running and it's been parked for more than 5hours. The car in question has never been worked on and no warning or error indication on the screen.
We were in the house when suddenly a passerby raised the alarm that the car was on fire. Could never have imagined it was my car but behold it was.
Pictures are attached herewith

Na wa o. Sorry for the loss.

But the bolded is cause for serious concern.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by mejai(m): 8:28am On Jun 07, 2020
kingreign:

Lie, they do.
Police work go fit u o. U no dey give people breathing space when they talk without facts grin
I was called by Toyota Nigeria Ltd (elizade) about abs
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by kingreign(m): 8:32am On Jun 07, 2020
mejai:

Police work go fit u o. U no dey give people breathing space when they talk without facts grin
I was called by Toyota Nigeria Ltd (elizade) about abs
Glad you were here to say this, cos I know a number of folks who received the calls and didn't want to go I had to urge them to take it back for their own safety. Most won't honour the calls because, they feel Toyota approved dealerships will bill them heavily.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by mejai(m): 8:37am On Jun 07, 2020
Myer:

If you ask Op, I'm sure an igbo man imported this.
Igbos don't care if they destroy nigerian lives as long as they make money.

What else do you expect from a tribe with a culture that does not respect elders but only respects money?
Telling you you are fuc.ked and stupid on a Sunday will be crime against humanity.
Stop tribalism. Lack of common sense won't let u understand that every incident that happened....the cars were bought brand new from south Africa.
Let me report ur comment and get it hidden. U r looking for cheap likes. Tolotolo.

2 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by dhejykeane: 8:48am On Jun 07, 2020
AllenSpencer:

Stop saying trash you have no idea about!

Really? so we have proper regulations in this country and the market is filled with substandard products. Seems like you're not in Nigeria.

I was speaking generally and not just referring to that post

1 Like

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Bobbydell(m): 8:49am On Jun 07, 2020
mejai:
Ah ah! How come?
And to think mine is showing check abs on the dashboard for some years and i am planning to fix it recently. Toyota at lekki even called me for abs recall and fixing, but this lockdown couldn't let me travel to lag.

Either I continue using the normal brake system or I may have them fix it for free(according to them).

Who knows? Mine could have been burnt by now had it been it was active.

Una sorry o. To those affected.
Convert your south africa ABS to American version call or whatsapp: 07033059769
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by coolbode1: 8:56am On Jun 07, 2020
You don't need to panic when you have comprehensive insurance in place...Contact me for shikkinni money... I'm an insurance brokers to the core....08029012147...
JAWBONE:
Toyota, this is unacceptable!

I bought a new Toyota Corolla 2013 (South Africa) back in 2015. I have since been driving it without issues. However, something mysterious happened on the 3rd of June, 2020.

Thread.

On the day before (2nd of June), I returned home around 7:30pm, and parked the car without any issue. To my utter shock, my neighbours woke me up around 7:00am the following day (3rd June) to inform me that my car was on fire.

It sounded like a joke; for a car parked twelve hours ago to catch fire all by itself. "This has to be a sabotage", I whispered to myself before I quickly got dressed and went to check, and alas, she was on fire!

But my very good neighbours were already ensued in a fight with the fire, and the only thing I did was to open the car for them to finish the last flame with their extinguishers. I'm deeply grateful to their good neighbourliness.

When the emergency was dealt with, I began to search for answers to this mystery, and what I learned was more shocking than the mystery.

My mechanic told me that that particular version (2012-13, South Africa) of Toyota Corolla had a flawed breaking system design, which caused it to catch fire by itself, even if the car was off for a long time.

Not entirely convinced, I called another mechanic for a second opinion, who drove me to his workshop, where he showed me another burnt Toyota Corolla like mine, and told me the same thing happened to her.

He also told me about another one that caught fire in the middle of the night, which eventually burnt another vehicle and an adjoining building. He said "Oga, all countries rejected this car, but Nigeria allowed it. It is sad".
He told me many people were changing the breaking system to American version of the same car.

I have decided to put this here so that others don't become victims of this professional negligence by Toyota, and regulatory failure by Nigeria.

I also want to put this here so that our government will understand the cost of not having an efficient regulatory system for quality and standards.
I also want this here so that Toyota's brand will pay for their design error, they way we paid with our resources (and probably, our lives). This type of error should not be allowed to happen again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_abba_g/status/1268982247702646784

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by DipoToyo(m): 9:11am On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=Greensquard post=90392089][/quote] Kindly and a msg to 08102754724 via WhatsApp for more info
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by DipoToyo(m): 9:12am On Jun 07, 2020
Greensquard:
Battery Powered Cam
08102754724 on WhatsApp
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by litaninja(m): 9:15am On Jun 07, 2020
First, the Nigerian mechanics you asked, what are their qualifications? Are they the same people that have been running maintenance on it for you? Roadside agberos & uncertified mechanics that are not factory trained are not in a position to give you such a verdict or work on the vehicle.

Two, is that regions model allowed for export to nigeria? The design might be within spec for SA but not fit for Nigeria. This would have been stated in SA and as usual, unscrupulous Nigerians have exported to their country. That is NOT on Toyota.

Three, if indeed there is a widespread design flaw in that vehicle, it is almost certain that there is a recall out on it. Now sir, did you check for recalls before buying & during the time you have been using it?

He say na disappointed in Toyota. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Lincolnburrows(m): 9:15am On Jun 07, 2020
mejai:
Ah ah! How come?
And to think mine is showing check abs on the dashboard for some years and i am planning to fix it recently. Toyota at lekki even called me for abs recall and fixing, but this lockdown couldn't let me travel to lag.

Either I continue using the normal brake system or I may have them fix it for free(according to them).

Who knows? Mine could have been burnt by now had it been it was active.

Una sorry o. To those affected.

Bros we need to talk. I have the same issue.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by redsun(m): 9:22am On Jun 07, 2020
You have to get in touch with Toyota nearest head office to address the issue. i know there is no customer after-sales service and support in Nigeria, so your best chance will be in South Africa. Gather your facts from other victims to make your case. They should not be allowed to get away with, not even in lawless Nigeria.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by litaninja(m): 9:29am On Jun 07, 2020
Guys...ABS is AntiLock Braking System.
Not accelerated...not Advanced...not Automatic...not Acclaimed.....

ANTILOCK!!!

3 Likes

Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by koluray: 9:32am On Jun 07, 2020
Well, come to think of it, a car u that has served you for a couple of years without such issues, and suddenly goes ablaze, that should mean that there must have been a recent malfunction or recent tampering with the vehicle, while the car was serving you , you could have praised it to be the best vehicle on Nigeria road, and now things fall apart, you now condemn d manufacturer, i just have reasons to believe that prior to the fire, there was a repair on the car that was poorly executed
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by toprealman: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2020
Autojosh your technical input will be appreciated.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by mejai(m): 9:34am On Jun 07, 2020
Lincolnburrows:

Bros we need to talk. I have the same issue.
check ur mentions
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by dangoteinlaw: 10:08am On Jun 07, 2020
alramon:
this is the crap car that yahoo boys in ilesha carry up and down...crap
what's ur issue with yahoo and all that must u derail all threads or did they steal ur girl, besides I have always warned ppl against this corolla of a car. Forget those fuel economy crap a lot of corners were cut to make that happen.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by dangoteinlaw: 10:13am On Jun 07, 2020
SolidLight:
Lol. I was at Bassa, Kogi state yesterday and one idiot was mounting pressure on me to buy this exact model for 2.4m. Thank God say I japa. The low price was abit suspicious.

Guys, don't buy toyota from the dealer at bassa T junction....close to that filling station, can't recall the name
stay away from corona but cars with better vAlue, its not all about year model little features are always added, a year or 2years earlier Camry is till cool
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by MCIU: 10:34am On Jun 07, 2020
tonididdy:
wtf...i don't believe this a braking system malfunction.
usually such occurrences will make Toyota recall all Julius Dein Girlfriend this models back for corrections or refunds.

I will like to read a scientific or mechanical proof to this happening, it's quite weird.

anyway I have never been a fan of this car.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by dangoteinlaw: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2020
PaulH07:

So much for "reliability" cheesy

Na so so Cheap-ey na hin go finish my Naija people.

The way they badmouth Benz sotey, person go think sey Benz no be motor again, just to force someone to buy this headache.

Imagine the nonsense...
no mind them but las las u wey wise go observe the person badmouthing a particular tin before u listen to am. Quality will always remain quality, someone that can't afford a Benz telling u that Benz is just hype u should be wise enough to know that person wey no fit afford beer go call am bitter. You have things that will always remain at the top eg benz,Audi, iphones,Panasonic AC,etc. don't let one poor person tell u otherwise. I for one hate corolla infact the only Toyota I ever bought was envelope and I still sold it less than a year
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by dangoteinlaw: 10:44am On Jun 07, 2020
Unrated900:
Benz any day any time

Good thinking good machine
mentioning Benz in a Toyota thread is a very big insult, benz has maintained quality even before my father compared to this Toys that came out yesterday.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by PaulH07: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
no mind them but las las u wey wise go observe the person badmouthing a particular tin before u listen to am. Quality will always remain quality, someone that can't afford a Benz telling u that Benz is just hype u should be wise enough to know that person wey no fit afford beer go call am bitter. You have things that will always remain at the top eg benz,Audi, iphones,Panasonic AC,etc. don't let one poor person tell u otherwise. I for one hate corolla infact the only Toyota I ever bought was envelope and I still sold it less than a year

cheesy why na? cheesy
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by PaulH07: 10:51am On Jun 07, 2020
promotervickky:

ViNchecks exposes the car history, if it was accidented, flooded, recalled or stolen, it also reveals every hidden history about a car including past owners.

But it can't show anything for Nigerian users na...
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Raymeg7(m): 10:51am On Jun 07, 2020
JAWBONE:
Toyota, this is unacceptable!

I bought a new Toyota Corolla 2013 (South Africa) back in 2015. I have since been driving it without issues. However, something mysterious happened on the 3rd of June, 2020.

Thread.

On the day before (2nd of June), I returned home around 7:30pm, and parked the car without any issue. To my utter shock, my neighbours woke me up around 7:00am the following day (3rd June) to inform me that my car was on fire.

It sounded like a joke; for a car parked twelve hours ago to catch fire all by itself. "This has to be a sabotage", I whispered to myself before I quickly got dressed and went to check, and alas, she was on fire!

But my very good neighbours were already ensued in a fight with the fire, and the only thing I did was to open the car for them to finish the last flame with their extinguishers. I'm deeply grateful to their good neighbourliness.

When the emergency was dealt with, I began to search for answers to this mystery, and what I learned was more shocking than the mystery.

My mechanic told me that that particular version (2012-13, South Africa) of Toyota Corolla had a flawed breaking system design, which caused it to catch fire by itself, even if the car was off for a long time.

Not entirely convinced, I called another mechanic for a second opinion, who drove me to his workshop, where he showed me another burnt Toyota Corolla like mine, and told me the same thing happened to her.

He also told me about another one that caught fire in the middle of the night, which eventually burnt another vehicle and an adjoining building. He said "Oga, all countries rejected this car, but Nigeria allowed it. It is sad".
He told me many people were changing the breaking system to American version of the same car.

I have decided to put this here so that others don't become victims of this professional negligence by Toyota, and regulatory failure by Nigeria.

I also want to put this here so that our government will understand the cost of not having an efficient regulatory system for quality and standards.
I also want this here so that Toyota's brand will pay for their design error, they way we paid with our resources (and probably, our lives). This type of error should not be allowed to happen again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_abba_g/status/1268982247702646784

it happen to me, I travel to a neighboring state, when I came back, I park the car at a branch I was working, the next morning being Sunday the security of the branch called me that the car is on fire, when I arrive there, the car has gone.
The problem is the ABS no matter how u fix it, it will always gum together, and when is start to smoke ,if nobody is there to remove the battery head, it will catch fire, so the best solution is when u park the car, remove the battery head, that is the solution
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by sevo(m): 10:58am On Jun 07, 2020
Corroro:
Sad one, what a big loss undecided, good news though is you can now open an account online from the comfort of your home with FCMB for free grin, how cool is that? Now you don't have any worries going to the banking hall for anything

To open fcmb account online is now good news??
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2020
sad
dangoteinlaw:
what's ur issue with yahoo and all that must u derail all threads or did they steal ur girl, besides I have always warned ppl against this corolla of a car. Forget those fuel economy crap a lot of corners were cut to make that happen.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by madamori9: 11:02am On Jun 07, 2020
That’s probably as a result of overheating. The problem now is that this car would be sold as a cheap car on Jiji after it has been fixed. They would do the body works and sell it as a foreign used car.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by dangoteinlaw: 11:09am On Jun 07, 2020
PaulH07:

cheesy why na? cheesy
poor driving experience joor, the car was good AC okay but always this tail shaking experience while on high speed besides I felt It wasn't classy enough. I didn't sell it I swapped it for a better ride. Let me honest someone insulted me with it lol grin
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by hanod(m): 11:16am On Jun 07, 2020
Factory error on ABS. Common to corolla ranges from 2008 to 2012and some 03camry
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by mofedamijo(m): 11:21am On Jun 07, 2020
South African cars have been having fire issues. Even the ford kuga had same issue, they seriously need to look onto this issue. It happened with BMW, parked BMW cars have been going on in flames over the years...... This needs to be addressed ASAP.
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by PaulH07: 11:33am On Jun 07, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
poor driving experience joor, the car was good AC okay but always this tail shaking experience while on high speed besides I felt It wasn't classy enough. I didn't sell it I swapped it for a better ride. Let me honest someone insulted me with it lol grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Which insult the person give you, and which ride you swap to?
Re: Man's Toyota Corolla 2013 Caught Fire by haywhy80: 11:34am On Jun 07, 2020
Badonasty:
Sorry man...God will provide a better one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Airless Tyres Set To Go On Sale - Flat Tyres Would Be A Thing Of The Past (Pix) / Cars From Cotonou ! / 2010 LEXUS RX 350***Time Left:3days 0hours 10mins**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.