Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,492 members, 7,801,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents (12510 Views)

3 Lessons To Learn From The Parable Of Wheat And Tares / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / Bible Parable And Sermon: The Prodigal Son and what it really means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by JourneytoEL(f): 12:04am On Jun 07, 2020
Parable of talents Matt 25:14-31 NIV
“Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag,aeach according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more.

So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money. “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them.

The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’ “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

“The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’ “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed.

So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’ “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. “

‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by JourneytoEL(f): 12:05am On Jun 07, 2020
1. You have a gift from God

Every Christian has a gift from God and these gifts are unequally distributed. Dele can have the gift of prophecy,deliverance and healing while his twin brother Chike can have the gift of singing. Esther can have the gift of evangelism and composing songs while her best friend Dinma can be good at interpreting dreams. No matter how big or small you are you have a gift. Your position and career can also be God's gift to you and you have the responsibility of using the gift/career for the Glory of the God. Been a doctor can be God's gift to you and you have the responsibility of giving the hope of Christ to your patients in despair.

Been a lawyer can be yours and you have the responsibility of fighting for justice. Same with the actors, musicians, lecturers, graphic artists, writers, policemen, instrumentalists, and the list is endless. Even if you are great at swepping and cleaning, use that gift to work for God. Been alive alone is a gift. Your youth and health is also a gift. Ask yourself now, what is my gift and how can I use it to win souls for God.

2. Don't be jealous over your neighbour's gift.

God will only give you what you can handle.
Vs 15 says and He gave each according to his ability. God gave you your gift because in His wisdom he knows you can handle it. So, why get jealous over another's. Can you handle the cross that comes with his gift? Can you withstand the challenges he faced while growing his gift? Don't be envious of another's gift rather praise God for yours and for others too and work towards using yours for His kingdom. Remember, the spirit of envy comes from the enemy, repent of every envious thought you have ever had towards others and pray for the Grace not to do it again.

3. How you use your gift can affect your journey in life.

You have been praying for a promotion at work or more clients and when it does not happen as you wish you say, there is no God, if he exists he hates me. But, the message from God to you today is, how did you work for him with what you had.

Vs 23 says “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. The more you labour for God, the higher your elevation according to His wish. Repent from lukewarmness and pray for the anointing to work for him.

4. You will give an account one day.

Always remember that the day is coming when you will stand before His throne and give an account of how you used your gift.

John 15:2 says, He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. Refuse to be he that bears no fruit today. The best time to make that decision is now. Pray to God for the strength to work for him and he will answer you.

Share other lessons you learnt from this parable.

36 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by ipobarecriminals: 12:51am On Jun 07, 2020
sad
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by JourneytoEL(f): 7:28am On Jun 07, 2020
happy Sunday to us all
emperorzz:
I learnt a lesson from this parable of the talent.

When you are working for someone, no matter if the someone is a fair boss or not, do your job to satisfy your conscience, prove your diligence and to please God!

The 3rd servant said "i know you are a hard man, reaping where you did not sow". He was right! but all of the other servants knew what he knew yet, they both set about their assignment soon(immediately) as they received their talents regardless of the nature of their boss, to prove thier own capacity, satisfying themselves, pleasing God (which automatically translates to pleasing their master), "for if a man be at peace with God, He will make even his enemies to be at peace with him"

And so they were rewarded. The 3rd servant got the boot!

Let's be diligent wherever or in whatever job position God has placed us, "bloom wherever you are planted) while also being diligent in our self discipline, advancing our knowledge and aiming for a better and more secure standard of living attending seminars or watching on YouTube, taking up relevant courses to your chisen discipline, applying for better offers (your family is expanding on a daily you know?).

Don't struggle with whoever God has placed above or ahead of you in your career for now (they are a necessary test in your current phase of life, it's part of your growth (we grow from glory to glory remember?) Be courageous, be focused, be disciplined in managing your limited finances and time. Time us of the essence!

When the 3rd servant buried his talent, he stagnated his career, bought idleness, lost credibility, strangulated his potential. Redundant, he lost favour with God, and therefore, man.

Don't be like the 3rd servant!

It's risky not to focus on your on self. Its risky not to push yourself, it's risky to be cautious of what another man can do to you, its risky not to venture, to be too comfortable with your present state. IT'S RISKY TO LIVE WITHOUT HAVING KNOWN GOD! In Him is growth, favour, speed (real speed, I'll talk about this some other time) wisdom and understanding, forever and ever.

*Wisdom is the principal thing, in all thy getting, get understanding!

happy Sunday to us all

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by money121(m): 8:44am On Jun 07, 2020
Noted
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by Slawormir: 8:44am On Jun 07, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Let me read
Real niggarrrz always seek for knowledge

Damnnnnn
We are alive is not a gift
It is by chance or rather serendipity

1 Like

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by Jestin: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2020
So people are unproductive even if you give them 50milllion. Them go just flex and carry olosho till the money is finished

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by ForeThinker: 8:46am On Jun 07, 2020
To whom much is given much is anticipated

To whom much is given, much will be required (Luke 12:48).

If you have heard that line of wisdom, you know it means we are held responsible for what we have. If we have been blessed with talents, wealth, knowledge, time, and the like, it is expected that we benefit others.
♥️♥️❤️❤️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by Igbojihadist: 8:47am On Jun 07, 2020
happy birthday to my mum

7 Likes

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by unmask: 8:47am On Jun 07, 2020
JourneytoEL:
1. You have a gift from God

Every Christian has a gift from God and these gifts are unequally distributed. Dele can have the gift of prophecy,deliverance and healing while his twin brother Chike can have the gift of singing. Esther can have the gift of evangelism and composing songs while her best friend Dinma can be good at interpreting dreams. No matter how big or small you are you have a gift. Your position and career can also be God's gift to you and you have the responsibility of using the gift/career for the Glory of the God. Been a doctor can be God's gift to you and you have the responsibility of giving the hope of Christ to your patients in despair.

Been a lawyer can be yours and you have the responsibility of fighting for justice. Same with the actors, musicians, lecturers, graphic artists, writers, policemen, instrumentalists, and the list is endless. Even if you are great at swepping and cleaning, use that gift to work for God. Been alive alone is a gift. Your youth and health is also a gift. Ask yourself now, what is my gift and how can I use it to win souls for God.

2. Don't be jealous over your neighbour's gift.

God will only give you what you can handle.
Vs 15 says and He gave each according to his ability. God gave you your gift because in His wisdom he knows you can handle it. So, why get jealous over another's. Can you handle the cross that comes with his gift? Can you withstand the challenges he faced while growing his gift? Don't be envious of another's gift rather praise God for yours and for others too and work towards using yours for His kingdom. Remember, the spirit of envy comes from the enemy, repent of every envious thought you have ever had towards others and pray for the Grace not to do it again.

3. How you use your gift can affect your journey in life.

You have been praying for a promotion at work or more clients and when it does not happen as you wish you say, there is no God, if he exists he hates me. But, the message from God to you today is, how did you work for him with what you had.

Vs 23 says “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. The more you labour for God, the higher your elevation according to His wish. Repent from lukewarmness and pray for the anointing to work for him.

4. You will give an account one day.

Always remember that the day is coming when you will stand before His throne and give an account of how you used your gift.

John 15:2 says, He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. Refuse to be he that bears no fruit today. The best time to make that decision is now. Pray to God for the strength to work for him and he will answer you.

Share other lessons you learnt from this parable.
Does this apply to money too, do we only get what we can handle?

1 Like

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by Slawoomir: 8:48am On Jun 07, 2020
Damn Niggarrr

Issorait.
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by Finnese001: 8:48am On Jun 07, 2020
okay
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by danielbello(m): 8:49am On Jun 07, 2020
Pls go to Living Church
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by XXLMANDIGO: 8:52am On Jun 07, 2020
Succinctly put. My talent is my 10" Mandigo

Na joke o tongue
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by paulolee(m): 8:52am On Jun 07, 2020
thats nice and have gone through all points and av learned alot from them but my question is...
based on that point4...i do hear pastors say that we would all give account of everything that we have done in this life, pls i want to ask..does it involves giving account of the things we did even when we were at the infant stage and not aware of what we were doing??...and also does it involves the dirty sins that i have done maybe due to ignorance of temptation and not proud of but have confessed and cleaned off?? thats meaning does it mean that on that day i would stand before the lord and give account of all the girls i have bed with when even not married and all the poorn that i av consumed( e no go easy o, watin i go gv as excuse?? mayb i go say na research projects)....seriously i think it would be better if they are erased and not asked because they were done out of ignorance and when still in the world..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by Owolabi10: 8:52am On Jun 07, 2020
God will only give you what you can handle not really correct... God sometimes gives more than you can handle.. Moses.. Elijah.. Paul.. Had more they can handle.. Moses even looked for a excuse to avoid the arduous task ahead.. While the latter at a certain point in their life, yearned for death.. Even Paul admitted he laboured more than the apostles..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by Triangles1(m): 8:54am On Jun 07, 2020
Religion
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by sammysneh(m): 8:54am On Jun 07, 2020
Happy sunday to every one
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by TheMohican(m): 8:55am On Jun 07, 2020
@JourneytoEl, is it possible to loose ones gift and anoiting because of sin, and is it possible to bring it back after repentance?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2020
Good morning, Jesus. Good morning, Lorrrrrrd.

Thank you, Father.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by hopefulLandlord: 9:08am On Jun 07, 2020
Bull
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by madayaya: 9:19am On Jun 07, 2020
Insightful!!!! Thanks for sharing! God bless you

1 Like

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by madayaya: 9:22am On Jun 07, 2020
unmask:
Does this apply to money too, do we only get what we can handle?
is money a talent?
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by CAPSLOCKED: 9:24am On Jun 07, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Bull
PISS
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by surequality: 9:24am On Jun 07, 2020
I agree and concur. More grace!
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by joviegghead: 9:31am On Jun 07, 2020
Yea. Whatever
We actually don't need the Bible to learn these lesson. We know them already.
Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by yemionline(m): 9:37am On Jun 07, 2020
Nice one. Happy sunday everyone.

1 Like

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by scriptures01: 9:49am On Jun 07, 2020
5. The parable of the talents can also be likened to the gift of children.
The talent belonged to the master and was given to the servant and upon his return found out that some of the
servants had doubled their talent. Children belong to God and have been given to us and when the master
returns, he will ask you what you did with his talent (children).
Some people out of selfishness decided to bury (abort) the child, denying that child the opportunity to reproduce
(double). When the master returns, he will require an account of how the talent was used.
Caution: Abortion is a serious sin and a sin unto death, no amount of crying, remorse will remove that sin.
As a result of the choice of the parents, the spirit leaves the baby's body and returns back to God,
that spirit had been deprived of the experiences of earth life, at the 2nd coming of Christ, the atonement will cover that
spirit.
NEVER ABORT A CHILD, NEVER! NEVER!! NEVER!!!
and the suffering after this life for those who have committed abortion
—how sore the suffering you know not, how exquisite the suffering you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Lessons From The Parable Of Talents by MCIU1: 9:49am On Jun 07, 2020
I Tought this was Julius Dein Girlfriend

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Mike Bamidele: COVID-19 Is From Hell, Not From God / What Will It Mean For Religion When Humans Create Conscious Robots? / Should We Miss Church Because Of A Heavy Rainfall.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.