Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List (28167 Views)

37 Directors Fail Exam For Fg’s Permanent Secretary Jobs / 21 Directors Fail Exams To Become Permanent Secretaries / Nine Directors Fail Re-sit Exam For Four Perm Sec Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Islie: 6:04am On Jun 07, 2020
The Federal Government has shortlisted 41 directors for the final round of examination towards becoming permanent secretaries in the civil service.

The 41 directors emerged from the 91 candidates who sat an Information Communication Technology proficiency test on Thursday in Abuja.

This means 50 senior government officials who sat examination did not succeed.

Our correspondent on Saturday obtained a copy of the memo announcing the 41 successful candidates.

The memo dated June 6, 2020 was signed by the Director Overseeing the Office of the Permanent Secretary, I. A. Mairiga, on behalf of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan.

Mairiga noted that the 41 successful candidates would now take part in the final examination which is an oral interview slated for Monday.

The memo marked “HCSF/CMO/AOD/012/VOL. VI/42 read, “Following the conduct of the ICT proficiency test for the appointment of permanent secretaries in the federal civil service on June 4, 2020, I am directed to invite the following 41 shortlisted candidates to the oral interview/interactive session.

“Accordingly, the candidates are to report for the interview on Monday, June 8, 2020 at the Olusegun Obasanjo Hall, Federal Secretariat Complex, Phase II, Abuja by 8am prompt.”

Only 16 out of the 41 final candidates are expected to become permanent secretaries.

Yemi-Esan had in an earlier circular issued in March indicated that examinations would be conducted to appoint 16 new permanent secretaries.

She had said 14 of the new permanent secretaries are meant to replace existing ones that are billed to retire this year, while the remaining two are meant to fill existing vacancies.

According to the March 23 circular, the 14 states with permanent secretaries that will retire this year are Kebbi, Kwara, Abia, Anambra, Cross River, Kaduna, Kano, Oyo, Rivers, Sokoto, Adamawa, Yobe, Gombe and Jigawa.

The two states with existing vacancies are Zamfara and Kogi.

Yemi-Esan had reiterated that only officers in the mainstream of the federal civil service who attained the substantive rank of director on Salary Grade Level 17 on or before January 1, 2018 and who have updated their records on the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System verification portal are eligible to sit for the examinations.

She added that to be eligible, such officials must hail from Abia, Adamawa, Anambra, Cross River, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Oyo, Rivers, Sokoto, Yobe and Zamfara States and should not be retiring from service earlier than on December 31, 2021.

She wrote, “Accordingly, the following officers shall not be accredited: directors that did not update their online records on the IPPIS verification portal (from April 5, 2017 up until it closed on May 23, 2018).

“Those that shall not be accredited also include serving directors retiring earlier than or on December 31, 2021; serving directors promoted in the last one year (2019); and directors undergoing disciplinary procedure.”

The last time permanent secretaries were appointed was in December 2019 when the Federal Government approved the appointment of nine new permanent secretaries.

Those appointed then were Musa Hassan from Borno State; Ahmed Aliyu from Niger State; Olushola Idowu from Ogun State; Andrew Adejoh representing the North–Central zone; Umar Tijjani representing the North–East zone; Nasir Gwarzo from the North–West zone; Nebeolisa Anako representing the South–East zone; Fashedemi Peter representing the South–West zone; and Evelyn Ngige from the South–South zone of Nigeria.

The nine permanent secretaries were picked from the 48 directors who participated in the final stage of the selection process.

The 48 senior officials had earlier emerged successful among the 87 candidates who sat for the second set of examination for applicants.

https://punchng.com/50-directors-fail-perm-secs-exam-41-make-final-list/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by JosEast(m): 6:08am On Jun 07, 2020
Too bad...most of the questions are very simple. Some of them will be blaming their wives and kids for their failure.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by TUANKU(m): 6:08am On Jun 07, 2020
Out of the 41 i bet you more than half made it due to the Nigerian factor.

54 Likes

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Freestainworld(m): 6:12am On Jun 07, 2020
hope the people who passed didn't come through the back door

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by helinues: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2020
Awon olodo's

The 41 successful candidates, padi padi go still dey inside that as well

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by kerry57: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2020
Federal govt wey dey set exam, them fit write and pass exams? Both the setter and the writer of that exam na olodo. Well the failers will never tell their children that they have ever failed an exam in their life, the grown up children now have testimony to that effect.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2020
Ok. I hope that puts them in the shoe of the masses searching for jobs. Politicians seeking political offices should be made to take aptitude tests from dragnet let's see how many of them can scale through.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Cryomancer: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2020
Exam is just for formality sake here in Nigeria... Quota system and Nepotisim is the real deal.

Just apply Quota system and see how many of them will make the list sharp sharp grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Redoil: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2020
if you check their names I bet you almost all of them are northerners
I Nigeria i hail Una promoting olodo and mediocre since Nigeria was created

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by zeal22(m): 6:16am On Jun 07, 2020
Olodo brigade
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by BLESSICA: 6:18am On Jun 07, 2020
Please someone help me with subscription. Please guys am pleading. Airtel pls guys.
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by serverconnect(m): 6:18am On Jun 07, 2020
Nothing for those perm sec.
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by saheedbadmus(m): 6:20am On Jun 07, 2020
Ehen
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Kingpele(m): 6:21am On Jun 07, 2020
But if called to steal money now by our politicians, they won't fail to upgrade to the next level of looting... Unintelligent directors
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Crofton: 6:22am On Jun 07, 2020
cheesy
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Benjanni(m): 6:22am On Jun 07, 2020
Illiterates everywhere you go
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by SmartProf(m): 6:23am On Jun 07, 2020
Is it not Nigeria again? Even those who set the exam questions, if given exams to write, may not pass. U will be ashamed if u are made to go through most of the files of these so called 'big men' in the civil service. For most of them, their only qualification could even be a secretarial study course, that have pushed them to becoming directors. Some can't even send text messages on their own, talkless of being able to check emails or print confidential documents, but they are heading to become permanent secretaries after which they will sew big babariga and go for thanksgiving should they succeed. Meanwhile, the exam questions may have been some very simple MCQs which one can use residual knowledge to pass, but these quota system directors cannot pass. These are the type of dumb bosses we have in government offices, and they are always the first to shout 'get out of my office' at any given opportunity, yet most of the current crop of unemployed youths are more qualified and certified than them

17 Likes

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by ForeThinker: 6:24am On Jun 07, 2020
It is called education because it is learned. You do not have to have had an experience in order to sympathize or empathize with the subject. That is why books are written: so that we do not have to do the same things. We learn from experience, true; but we also learn from empathy

1 Like

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 07, 2020
Declare their seats vacant, I need to occupy it.

1 Like

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:24am On Jun 07, 2020
Ok so

Maybe we need exams for the presidency too don't you think? Certain people would never get there and certain sections will never control the country again

1 Like

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by rawtouch: 6:24am On Jun 07, 2020
airheads
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by tayebest(m): 6:25am On Jun 07, 2020
My dear, always pray for Grace!
It's necessary! smiley

1 Like

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Jakemedg(m): 6:25am On Jun 07, 2020
Lol
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 07, 2020
Damn Niggarrrrs

FG and to scam it citizens are 5&6 grin

Which YEYE exam, is it Advanced Mathematics or Physics

Isoright
SmartProf:
Is it not Nigeria again? Even those who set the exam questions, if given exams to write, may not pass. U will be ashamed if u are made to go through most of the files of these so called 'big men' in the civil service. For most of them, their only qualification could even be a secretarial study course, that have pushed them to becoming directors. Some can't even send text messages on their own, talkless of being able to check emails or print confidential documents, but they are heading to become permanent secretaries after which they will sew big babariga and go for thanksgiving should they succeed. Meanwhile, the exam questions may have been some very simple MCQs which one can use residual knowledge to pass, but these quota system directors cannot pass. These are the type of dumb bosses we have in government offices, and they are always the first to shout 'get out of my office' at any given opportunity, yet most of the current crop of unemployed youths are more qualified and certified than them

Real Niggarrrr

Oil dey your head

Isoright

1 Like

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by tayebest(m): 6:25am On Jun 07, 2020
We go dey alright, las las
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by jay7(m): 6:26am On Jun 07, 2020
Redoil:
if you check their names I bet you almost all of them are northerners

I
Nigeria i hail Una promoting olodo and mediocre since Nigeria was created

Not true, permanent secretaries has a special way of selection, it is selected based on your state of origin, i.e when there is a vacancy from a state then automatically a new permanent secretary will be selected from that state, an Ekiti man cannot take the slot of Ondo same with other states.

6 Likes

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Sunnycliff(m): 6:26am On Jun 07, 2020
So people still fail civil service promotion exams
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by oluemmakay(m): 6:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Right step in the right direction
Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by Imustreturn(m): 6:28am On Jun 07, 2020
E go be

1 Like

Re: 50 Directors Fail Perm Secs’ Exam, 41 Make Final List by WalkerMichael(m): 6:28am On Jun 07, 2020
TUANKU:
Out of the 41 i bet you more than half made it due to the Nigerian factor.

Sure. Padi padi govt

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Tell My Boss About It / 16 Things You Can Relate To If You Ever Worked In A Bank -Zikoko! / My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.