Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,968 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help (60642 Views)

Help: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Tremple8v: 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
I have this same symptom for complete 4 days and I went to a private hospital and they have to direct me to a general hospital, but I refuse to go and I started taking some malaria med the private hospital gave to me . In the next 3days I started feeling alright and I can taste anything even a pussie grin

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by richnsexy25: 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
How do u spill what you dont have resounding knowledge of...alcohol has more sugar thank Coke?...mehn even if u are so naive u could have at least gone online now...dont misinform people here...You obviously dont know anything on the fermentation process in beer production...read and learn...Cke has considerable more sugar than most alcoholic drinks...READ MORE!!!
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Sugar boy

You smoke too much niggarrr and too much alcohol

Alcohol contains the greatest amount of sugar
More than our so called coke, pepsie, fanta and Sprite
I know you won't understand

Keep yourself hydrated

They don't know my dear
Humans hate what they don't understand
Although am addicted to alcohol
But i know this very well

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Diesel1(m): 6:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

Doctors in the house please help
You're suffering from Anosmia
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Austino50: 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
That is covid-19 for really.....this is the time you need to cry like a baby to your maker (GOD) for healings, then (1) grind Ginger and Lemmon, mix with warm water and start drinking it morning and night, (2) along with vitamin C (3) Zithromax antibiotics to clear the infection from your respiratory tract to enable you get back your lost of test and smell.......this I did when it happened to me today I am very okay but I must tell you its not an easy experience, am sure by now you must have lost appetite for eating and you will be stooling
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by wesley80(m): 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
daddytime:

I've done so you might want to check through on the thread.

Shiiit wasn't funny oh. Literally saw my life flash right before me.

Na so I dey beg doctors to just give me injection even if na the one wey go just make me sleep and not wake up. I was in severe pains. Could neither seat up on the bed nor lay still.

People who follow me on here would have noticed my absence or lack of activity in the last month. I was battling to stay alive and I won the battle.
I have, thanks.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Jakumo(m): 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
Tremple8v:
I have this same symptom for complete 4 days and I went to a private hospital and they have to direct me to a general hospital, but I refuse to go and I started taking some malaria med the private hospital gave to me . In the next 3days I started feeling alright and I can taste anything even a pussie grin

It was your dedicated eating of fresh pussy that cured the Corona virus, and NOT the malaria medication you took.

To boost your immunity and that of your woman, it is imperative that you must feast on pussy AT LEAST five times per week without fail.

Thank you and God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Investnow2017: 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
Some here talk away as if those suspecting the OP might have coronavirus have committed any offence.
I think why people are concerned is because we are in the middle of a pandemic which bears similarity with OPs complaints. When one comes down with ailment with symptoms akin to those of coronavirus, wisdom dictates that one should take advantage of the free intervention in place to run a test to rule out Covid-19 in order not to endanger innocent ones.
Those who do not believe in the reality of the novel virus are unwisely putting others in harm's way and that is most unfair. And to be in the habit of airing this in the public is most unwise. Such carefree and baseless bravado has accounted to why this contagion is still spreading wildly all around the world.
Someone said that the spread has abated; I think such an individual is living in a different planet. If anything, what has abated is the initial fear because not much was known about it at the first. But now there is an increased and improved understanding of the contagion unlike as at first when it emerged on the world stage. That does not, however, minimize it's lethality. Those who have experienced a severe case of the novel coronavirus know that malaria is no match for it. Those that have succumbed to it are not necessarily weak people. At it's advanced stage, the use of ventilator is merely to postpone the evil day - 400,000+ are already gone, it is unfair to the bereaved for anyone to try to trivialize the novel coronavirus to which they had already lost their loved ones. Enough is enough please!
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by KaptainAfrika: 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Call NCDC !
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by sholly28(m): 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Malaria
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Jeffy1206(m): 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
daddytime:

I thank God for your life.

The shiit almost killed me during this lockdown.

I kept feeling empty from the inside, would eat, and still feel as if I am starving. Lost all sense of smell and taste. Whatever the smell and taste of water I got would make me go nauseous. Stooling seized for over 10 days. Was killing myself with all sorts of fruits to ease my stooling.

I frigging almost died by the time my wife got me to the Hospital.

The first hospital had rejected me due to my labored breathing for fear of COVID 19.

When the last hospital finally accepted to take me in after what seemed like an eternity of monitoring me outside their premises for any signs of COVID and ran a test on me, my blood sugar level was tipping already at 51.5 when a normal level should be in the 4-7 region.

The doctors were shocked and concluded that 30 minutes later than I had come in and I'd have gone into a coma and possibly death.

I did almost three weeks in the hospital and still recovering.

A very very silent killer.

Stay away from sugar and sodas guys.

Diabetes is real.

Now I have become an advocate for this cause too.

I wished I had spoken out while I was going through the same symptoms and gotten swift advice like you just did.

A health informative thread as this should be making the FP particularly at this time of a pandemic and the lockdown.

I had similar symptoms like yours but mine was typhoid... I would have to eat almost every 1 to 2 hours... I almost open a thread for fear of Covid19 but I'm healthy and back to normal now. However, fruits must always be by me...
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by betterpikinn: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
SirMichael1:
These are symptoms of covid-19. These pose no threat as you're asymptomatic. Just take surplus vitamin c, fruits and ginger tea. If your health deteriorate further, please contact the NCDC but right now, you've got nothing to panic about.
You don't know anything!

Someone complained of not being able to taste or smell and you said the person is asymptomatic!

Are you for real?

What are symptoms

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by daddytime(m): 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mordecai:
Stay alive, bro. And stay strong. Your loved ones need you around...

Thanks a ton, boss, getting my mojo back.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by ayemip(m): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
I had d same symptoms last week but am fine now (covid 19 witch small for 9ja)

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by JoshuaAkinmi(m): 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

You need to be quarantine, that is a confirmed symptom of corona
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by potbelly(m): 7:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
You sabi as e dey go... cool
lilbarracuda:

you forgot to mention one big bottle of origin
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Mozino007(m): 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Na strong malarial bro...go boil dogoyaro or basil leaf drink.....im experiencing same here....
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Areaboyfriend(m): 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

If truly the 1 full spoon of salt you put inside your mouth this morning was tasteless, then please go to a teaching hospital and see a doctor.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Mospring(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
Did they give you galvos and glucophage?

Mine is from birth I don't have the ability to perceive smell; but my taste bud is well active
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Chainex(m): 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

Get yourself checked into a hospital ASAP. Being human requires control of your 5 senses. U might be evolving grin
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by EvansU: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

Reach me via WhatsApp on ‪+234 805 399 4329‬
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Studio247: 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Last month I had a similar experience I lost my sense to smell and my mouth became bitter

It was so bad that I bought a room freshener I spray it in my room yet could not perceive anything

I had to return it to where bought it and told them is fake .

Until after two days I started feeling somehow and I was advised to treat malaria and typhoid.

So it could be malaria and typhoid

Doctor or nurse
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by nedekid: 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

Take p alaxin, after a few days take lonat. They are two different composition of anti maleria medicine. Add paracetamol while taking. You will get better.
Had Same issues weeks back. Ok now.
Note, do not take fruits containing citric acid ie vitamin c while taking maleria medicine.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by greggng: 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

Go for covid19 test .,,you might be one of the Asymptomatic carriers infesting people up and down. The good news is that you won't die but you would 've killed a lot .
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
pyro62:

Shut up. It even happened to me last week. Keep laughing when you notice this symptom, you'll know that heaven and hell is real. It's the most uncomfortable thing in the world to loss to important senses completely

sharaaaaap!
small boy
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by frowland(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
SirMichael1:
These are symptoms of covid-19. These pose no threat as you're asymptomatic. Just take surplus vitamin c, fruits and ginger tea. If your health deteriorate further, please contact the NCDC but right now, you've got nothing to panic about.

You failed to advice him of the most important of all, SELF ISOLATION.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by oxochlorate(m): 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

that is a symp. Of convid-19 either u recovering 4rm d virus cos i had similar experience while i was also treating malaria some few weeks back
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by unitysheart(m): 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
I just regained my own sense of smell few days ago. Plus I was very ill.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Yes, I just did, my sugar is high, that's the cause, drugs has been issued to me

Thanks

Lol... See how Op quickly embraced high sugar level over covid. grin

Everyone has experienced this loss of Smell and taste this period and recovered from it. So i wonder why you're scared. Mind you, high sugar level is more deadly. * what am I even saying**? Let me come and be going.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by unitysheart(m): 8:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
Studio247:
Last month I had a similar experience I lost my sense to smell and my mouth became bitter

It was so bad that I bought a room freshener I spray it in my room yet could not perceive anything

I had to return it to where bought it and told them is fake .

Until after two days I started feeling somehow and I was advised to treat malaria and typhoid.

So it could be malaria and typhoid

Doctor or nurse

I sprayed my perf in my nose and perceived nothing.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by ikorodureporta: 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mosquitoes finally free from Malaria accusations cheesy
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
you are 100% correct, I went for one today, doctor shouted when my result came out

My sugar level is too high to send someone to state of coma according to the doctor

Drugs have been given to me

Please to everyone saying covid 19, it is not, my sugar level is the cause
Good. Try and get a glucometer to monitor it ok?
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:

Take Dr Meyer Vitamin B Complex, Dr Meyer Folic acid + Vitamin B 12, take them morning afternoon and night 1 tablet each before reverting to once a day after 2 weeks, eat lots of vegetables, take Citrus fruits.... You will be back to normal in 3 weeks, it's happening to lots of people these times, and I think it's Corona Virus symptoms. I'll advise u take Orheptal too to boost your immune system to fight it off.

Stay Safe Man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How To Correctly Wear A Condom: Ugandan Nurse Gives Practical Demonstration / Beautiful Lady Drops Suicide Note On Facebook (Photos) / Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.