Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,888 members, 7,798,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help (60612 Views)

Help: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by lastchild: 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
fairfora:
Not all symptoms you mentioned are peculiar only to covid-19 . Please go for blood sugar test( know your sugar level)
you are 100% correct, I went for one today, doctor shouted when my result came out

My sugar level is too high to send someone to state of coma according to the doctor

Drugs have been given to me

Please to everyone saying covid 19, it is not, my sugar level is the cause

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by lastchild: 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
timekeeper1:

Try Giving a lady a head.... U go surely smell sumtin grin
ok
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Eta22seconds(m): 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

Doctors in the house please help
I experienced same for few days, you will be fine take antibiotics and malaria drugs.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by BetterMan247(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Corona knocking
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by lastchild: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
angelusbrut:

Experts said it's symptoms of Covid19!
no, it's my sugar level, I have been to lab

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Jakumo(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
BABANGBALI:
go and lick mad woman pusssasy for 21 days and everything will be ok. That's the only cure.

If you FAIL to make the woman climax after eating her beaver for some minutes, then Papa God will not approve your recovery from Corona virus.

If on the other hand, the woman enjoys multiple climaxes due to your dedicated feasting on her promised land, then it is assured that your recovery from Corona virus symptoms will be rapid and complete.

Be advised that some women do know how to fake a climax, so you will need to eat that kitty-cat like your very life depends on it, with seriousness and dedication that befits the onerous task at hand.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Olodo24: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
I had it for like 7 days. I bought malaria drugs of #200 and I'm fine now. Nigerians are strong people

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by apexx270: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
[color=#] 1918158[/color]
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Epicwande: 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
Treat typhoid bro, the samething happened to me last two weeks.
Buy this drugs and use them...

Ciprofloxacin 500mg bd, 5days, diclofenac 50mg bd 3days.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Thiijhay(m): 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
That's conc malaria bro.. I experienced that weeks ago.. Just get local herb and u are free. Nothing to worry about..
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Angelfrost(m): 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
Not just you... I have heard more than 20 patients complain of these same symptoms. A lot of them confirmed this started after they were treated for malaria and/or typhoid.

While I believe some of these people across the nation probably have the virus (I believe not less than 10 million Nigerians are infected, with at least half infected since April), still not everyone with such symptoms alone has the virus.

Maybe most of you have forgotten that there are other viruses in the air other than Covid-19.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by egopersonified(f): 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
This thread made me cry while laughing. Lastchild please update your first post, before they will ask when is your burial

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Jax1: 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
Some days ago I lost sense of smell... I was feeling cold too even though I had treated malaria with herbal solution.

Decided to stop consuming cold drinks and more especially Zero Coke. I started bathing with lukewarm water for 5 days with my diet regimen totally changed.

Now I'm better. Can feel that sense of smell again
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Investnow2017: 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nicklaus619:

I will not insult you, but when next you are quoting someone be diplomatic about it, I had only catarh before I couldn't perceive or taste and my sense of tasting came back aftwards
and my girl contracted the catarh from me, no other symptoms thats suggest it's covid 19,

I was fine but couldn't smell nor taste, the fact is when someone has catarh it is often common you cant smell nor taste but phobia of covid 19 will keep you unrest as it has been correlated to having the virus. Since the virus broke out, having headache or common cold and fever will keep u up at night, thinking it's covid 19, but those are normal sickness we experience even before now.

I see what you mean.

I think why people are concerned is because we are in the middle of a pandemic which bears similar symptoms. When one comes down with ailment with symptoms akin to those of coronavirus, wisdom dictates that one should take advantage of the free intervention in place to run a test to rule out Covid-19 in order not to endanger innocent ones. I am happy you are fine now.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by uni69(f): 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Mine started last week but my case is that i have been perceiving an odd smell and this smell make me not to perceive other things. The smell is strange and i also cannot taste. Pls I am really concerned.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Angelfrost(m): 6:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
daddytime:

I thank God for your life.

The shiit almost killed me during this lockdown.

I kept feeling empty from the inside, would eat, and still feel as if I am starving. Lost all sense of smell and taste. Whatever the smell and taste of water I got would make me go nauseous. Stooling seized for over 10 days. Was killing myself with all sorts of fruits to ease my stooling.

I frigging almost died by the time my wife got me to the Hospital.

The first hospital had rejected me due to my labored breathing for fear of COVID 19.

When the last hospital finally accepted to take me in after what seemed like an eternity of monitoring me outside their premises for any signs of COVID and ran a test on me, my blood sugar level was tipping already at 51.5 when a normal level should be in the 4-7 region.

The doctors were shocked and concluded that 30 minutes later than I had come in and I'd have gone into a coma and possibly death.

I did almost three weeks in the hospital and still recovering.

A very very silent killer.

Stay away from sugar and sodas guys.

Diabetes is real.

Now I have become an advocate for this cause too.

I wished I had spoken out while I was going through the same symptoms and gotten swift advice like you just did.

A health informative thread as this should be making the FP particularly at this time of a pandemic and the lockdown.

You see what I keep talking about??!... Most people here are already shouting Covid-19 up and down, as if we have no other ailments in this universe.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by emmanski: 6:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Yes, I just did, my sugar is high, that's the cause, drugs has been issued to me

Thanks

please what drug was issued to you??
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by apiski(m): 6:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
destinychildolu:

Use dongoyaro leaf too.
Thanks. That's part of my mixture. I use lemon grass, the mango(the bark), guava leaves moringa bitter leaf, pawpaw leaf and other ones I cannot name them in English. I inhale the vapour after boiling them together and drink some of it.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by busariabeyx24(m): 6:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Surely a symptom of covid-19.
You have nothing to worry about just try to eat enough fruits and drink some ginger tea.
Stay indoors and stay away from people.
If it gets worse contact NCDC straight.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by nanizle(m): 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
apiski:
First, it was pains all over my body and joints. Thought it was the normal pains I used to have (been managing some health issues on my own for a while now). Few days later it became a serious headache, and then runny nose and sneezing. I quickly gathered some herbs and boiled them. I've been taking it for day now and I'm feeling better plus the ginger and garlic have really dealt with my fever a lot. However, this is the first time in my life I'm experiencing loss of taste and smell. It's been like three days now. I just finished eating indomie before I started typing; I really needed my sense of taste/smell back as the food was so tasteless. No sore throat but when I caugh ( at very long intervals), it's always dry. I go just rush drink plenty water, clear my throat and I go dey alright again. I just dey eat fruits vegetables, beta beta food. Coconut water be say na steady. I bin dey reason to call NCDC but the whole tin dey waka sha. Na only d headache dey prove stubborn. I never see dis kind tin b4.

Go to a hospital if you can to get proper diagnosis.

Even if it's covid, you'll recover just fine.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by mamaafrik(m): 6:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
GeoandSONSLTD:
I know of three people that complained of this recently, is this a symptom of Covid-19 because this is getting rampant this days.

a topic on it recently was discussed on Nairaland,more than 50 people suffered such too from different locations in the country.
I learnt it a recovery sign of covid 19

1 Like

Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Call the NCDC. Whether they take any action is another matter. But this seems to be one of the onset symptoms of covid-19
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Oracle20: 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Go to the nearest testing center and get tested, if it's positive, you will be taken to isolation centre to stop further spread. You have covid 19 until proven otherwise. All those advising you to remain calm are talking trash. You need to know what you are dealing with first so that you can take the right measures. I gave this same advice to my girlfriend 3 days ago, she had exactly the same symptoms. She's at the treatment centre in Abuja now. Covid -19 is real.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by apiski(m): 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
BABANGBALI:
go and lick mad woman pusssasy for 21 days and everything will be ok. That's the only cure.
Sorry, I don't do pussy.

BTW It seems you are talking from experience. Well, good for you.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by mechanics(m): 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
Go for medical check up.
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Nuelstar(m): 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
lastchild:
Since 2 days now I just realized that I can't smell nor taste anything,no scent, no odour, no taste, this morning I poured 1 full spoon of salt inside my mouth but couldn't taste anything

am healthy, I don't have any headache nor malaria but I don't just know what is going on

Doctors in the house please help
My guy it's a symptom of COVID-19,if you tell the doctor they will telling you have Corona virus
It happend to me,my colleague and even my brother last week...but now I'm fully okay after A-week of tastelessnes

My advice to you is that you don't think of it too much,take vitamin C[white one especially] like 3 times daily,you will be fine
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by LeonOgu(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
The case of smelling and tasting deficiency is very common this days. About 3 weeks ago, I was unable to smell or taste anything with serious fever. But all thanks to God my sense of smelling and tasting has been fully restored to normalcy. Even a friend had the same symptoms, now sound and good. But we're saved!
Re: I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help by Angelfrost(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Danhumprey:

What's the alternative to sugar, please? embarassed

For sweetening teas and others, you can use Stevia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Dies Two Hours After His Wedding In Plateau State - Pictures / Cancer Patient Sneaks Out Of Hospital To Drink Beer, Says It Might Be His Last / Doctor Slept With Multiple Women In GP Consulting Room During Work Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.