Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Religion Is Not Our Problem, We Are. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Not Our Problem, We Are. (196 Views)

Mbaka Speaks About Killing Of Father Offu, Insists Buhari Is Not Our Problem / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion Is Not Our Problem, We Are. by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2020
As a Muslim and in real practice, you are supposed to be tolerant, not just to human beings, but also to animals because we have the same reaction to "Love and hate, brutality and niceness, cold and hot, in fact we both show togetherness with our kind, we both have female maternal instinct" but what separates us is how developed our brains are. That's what the holy prophets have come to world to teach us.

Prophet Mohammed was a Muslim and a human being, he won the hearts of many with his humanness, he didn't impose Islam on people who converted to Islam, people then converted to Muslims because of who he was, meanwhile as good as you can be, not everyone is going to like or accept you, he made us know that the best way to know if our salats (5 daily prayers) are accepted by God is in our behaviors towards fellow human beings and animals, Prophet Mohammed didn't judge people, he rather understood them, he frowned at snitches, he encouraged alms giving, attended funerals. Jesus Christ, the son of Mary taught us a lot of things too, including the act of giving to the needy at crucial times, Jesus was more in love with people who would give out of little than those who have plenty to give from, meanwhile he didn't have problem with those giving out of plenty. Jesus Christ accepted everyone, he accepted the atheists, the whores, he was kind to animals, he showed us and taught us the act of tolerance and frowned at corruption. These are the practices that are missing among us, there has been a lot more emphasis on going to Mosque and going to Church than all these major practices.

Ask yourself this question, as a Muslim or Christian, when was the last time you looked for someone less privileged to give life to out of what you have, when was the last time you made someone happy out of what you have, perhaps you are one of the people who say "I worked for my money". God doesn't give to everyone, he gives to people who have so they can give to people who don't have. During the lockdown, how many less privileged did you look for, to give to, to aid financially. Do you know that there are rich people whose rate of income can feed up to 50 households but they don't, yes they are out there.

Atheists seem to blame religion for our problems, this is because what the religion preaches is different from what we practice, seemingly they are right, that's logical, isn't it? You can't convince me to practice your religion if it has to me, made you more miserable, more hateful, more merciless, more divisive, more stingy and greedy, more difficult to relate to, at least I have to see an example in you before giving it a shot.

We were having fun at a fellow Muslim outlet early on a Sunday morning and this girl came to ask if he could fix her phone because he sells phone accessories, he said no and after the young lady left, damn he was more about the lady's indecent dressing, load of insult on her, though she had gone far, is that really necessary? Were the prophets like that? Where is the religion of tolerance here?

You are either closer to or farther from God in doings than in attending Mosque and Church. Who told you that you can't sponsor your poor neighbors children education when you have enough, who said you can't play vital role in the success of people who are not related to you by blood or family? I have heard of a man who collapsed his house and rebuilt it because he thought it was old and archaic, imagine this where there are thousands of people languishing in poverty.

Among other things that God frowns at is idolizing fellow mortal human being or something that doesn't even have life, like we have seen today, a lot of people believe more in Hustas and the Bishop than in the God who created them. I'm not making this up ( God punish me if I am), I was at GTBank one Thursday and this Catholic clergyman entered, and I think one of the members was there, as he saw the man enter, he said "The Lord Bishop", An ordinary mortal human being like him is the "Lord". A lot of homes have gone dead because of religion malpractices, the control some clergymen have on some people's family is more than that of the family man, where is this from, did Jesus also teach us this?

Where did you read in the Holy Quran that you can't help a Christian and vice versa? Where did you read that all prostitutes will go to hell fire? That all oloshos are not going to make heaven? Who told you that all Bet9ja players are sinners? As much as we Muslims have been forbidden from eating some animals, there are conditions that allow us eat them, conditions like no other other means, there are a lot of people who don't know what to do to survive, who don't have a choice. God has told us to not judge people. Do you know why? Because we are not in their shoes, God is the only one who understands them most, let's practice religion of love and humanity and we will have peace.

Re: Religion Is Not Our Problem, We Are. by SirMichael1: 10:01am On Jun 07, 2020
Too much story.
Re: Religion Is Not Our Problem, We Are. by orunto27: 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
OUR LEADERS ARE JEALOUS OF THEMSELVES AND THAT IS CONTRARY TO THE LAW OF GOD. GOD IS THE ONLY SPIRIT THAT IS JEALOUS AND HAS TOLD HUMANS NOT TO BE JEALOUS.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hello / Inside Life / Full Prayer Points Of MFM ‘power Must Change Hands’ June 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.