Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad (105196 Views)

I Now Have One Hundred TRILLION Dollars, So I Am A Celebrity (with Full Proof) / If You Are Asked Not To Talk For A Year And Get 1 Million Dollar? / Nairaland So Addictive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:36am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

where is the link?

It's an easy assignment.  I should have thought of something harder.

Answering an earlier post, Obama is not stu-pid.  Far from it.  But you propably just say that when you disagree tongue  You called me stu-pid. No, wait. ."stupit."  I just remember, I actually don't like you at all.  Not one bit.  angry
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 3:50am On Jan 26, 2011
Borefest. Wake me when it's over. The fact is the president has let-down a lot of his supporters. He is not what he claimed to be. Where is Immigration Reform? Is the Iraq war over? What about the practice of "Rendition" or the offshore bases (Guantanamo) that were supposed to be closed? Fact is , Obama lacks credibility. And this coming from a (former) supporter!

So, give me the snooze galore that is the SOTU speech. Never mind that I've already read the president's full speech online. We'll all pretend we're just hearing it for the first time and that the president will do what he promises. Let his party members jump up and applaud at the end of each sentence, nay, at the end of each code word even. Then the talking heads can tell me what the president meant, not exactly what he said. "So, are you gonna believe me or are you gonna believe your own lying eyes?" I'll pretend to wait with hope that the promises will turn to ideas and ideas into reality. We'll play this game until we all tire. Or the next "much anticipated" State of the Union address.

Peace in our lifetime.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 3:51am On Jan 26, 2011
That is you "epiphany"

Am I right?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:54am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

That is you "epiphany"

Am I right?

Easy assignment.  I used a couple of the same words in my first post of Today's News.

It was all stream of consciousness.  I didn't really outline my message before I posted.  Hence, if it sucks, it sucks.  embarassed  I don't post there often.  Don't have the time.  In case you want to search other posts.  tongue
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 3:57am On Jan 26, 2011
Am I smart or what?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:01am On Jan 26, 2011
isale_gan2:

It's an easy assignment.  I should have thought of something harder.

Answering an earlier post, Obama is not stu-pid.  Far from it.  But you propably just say that when you disagree tongue  You called me stu-pid. No, wait. ."stupit."  I just remember, I actually don't like you at all.  Not one bit.  angry

Can I get a reaction to the above or should I let sleeping dogs lie?

Also, we'll address the following at some point:
- Is Obama an "elitist"?
- Is Obama "stupidd"?
- Is Obama an "eediott"?
- Is FStranger a *%!@#$%^&*!$#* ?  hehehehe.  Too much?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:02am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

Am I smart or what?

I practically spoon-fed you the answer. Come on Stranger!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:04am On Jan 26, 2011
^^^

How?

I had to do detective work to come up with the right post.

Anyway, i dont need your validation

I can tell from my pay-check! grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:05am On Jan 26, 2011
Are you listening to the speeech?

American imperialism at her best?

Talking about Sudan. . . I am so sad!

America is too powerful and it does not augur well for the world
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:06am On Jan 26, 2011
See how he is covertly supporting chaos in Tunisia?

How is that fair, now why would I not support Osama to blow up this goddamn country
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:10am On Jan 26, 2011
This Obama is an hypocrite

He ran to Harvard because harvard does not allow the Military on their campus

Now that he is president, he wants them to be allowed on campus to recruit innocent students

You see why I dislike this guy.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:11am On Jan 26, 2011
Now some stupidd sob story!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:11am On Jan 26, 2011
Is the phuccing speaker crying?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:11am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

^^^

How?

I had to do detective work to come up with the right post.

Anyway, i dont need your validaation

I can tell from my pay-check! grin

Oh, really?  You don't?  You'll eat your words.

fstranger1:

Are you listening to the speeech?

American imperialism at her best?

Talking about Sudan. . . I am so sad!

America is too powerful and it does not augur well for the world

You confuse me.

fstranger1:

See how he is covertly supporting chaos in Tunisia?

How is that fair, now why would I not support Osama to blow up this goddamn country

You confound me.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:13am On Jan 26, 2011
Are you listening to the speech?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:13am On Jan 26, 2011
Why is Brandon at the SOTU, if not for attention?

This guy is a slowpoke!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:19am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

This Obama is an hypocrite

He ran to Harvard because harvard does not allow the Military on their campus

Now that he is president, he wants them to be allowed on campus to recruit innocent students

You see why I dislike this guy.

American foreign policy is the same no matter who's president.  You best believe that!  Repub or Dem.

fstranger1:

Now some stupidd sob story!

hehehe.  

It is hard to reply here.  I want some sympathy.  Can't even concentrate on speech. No regrets there though.

fstranger1:

Is the phuccing speaker crying?

Neh, He's just really tanned. Obama took a cheap shot.  "You used to sweep a barbershop." nananananan nah nah.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:22am On Jan 26, 2011
isale_gan2:

American foreign policy is the same no matter who's president.  You best believe that!  Repub or Dem.

hehehe.  It is hard to reply here.  I want some sympathy.  Can't even concentrate on speech. No regrets there though.

Neh, He's just really tanned.  Obama took a cheap shot.  "You used to sweep a barbershop." nananananan nah nah.

I understand that the foreign policy is same irrespective of who is in power

The problem is that he is trying to sell it as some sort of benevolence act, like America has nothing selfish to gain from supporting chaos in Tunisia

The guy is a fucktad.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:26am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

Why is Brandon at the SOTU, if not for attention?

This guy is a not-so-smart person!

Brandon who?  Missed it.  

The only fun part of the SOTU is always watching the drama on the floor when they're entering and jostling for attention and handshake, the human interaction, the jumping up and down and the fake clapping after every bullet point, the dour face of the opposition, the president's aides with their talking points and the talking heads and their one-upmanship. . .

I do like to switch to C-Span though, cos that's the only place where you'll hear the public viewers calling in.  Let's switch there. Or back and forth cos that can get boring.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:28am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

I understand that the foreign policy is same irrespective of who is in power

The problem is that he is trying to sell it as some sort of benevolence act, like America has nothing selfish to gain from supporting chaos in Tunisia

The guy is a fucktad.

Well, I'm sure you surmised how I feel as well. But I'll let you vent. smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:38am On Jan 26, 2011
The guy doing the Repub's rebuttal is better than the clown governor from Louisiana that did last year or the year before.  This one is a committee chairman, congressman Paul Ryan. 

And then Chris Matthews' favorite congresswoman Michelle Bachman is gonna deliver the Tea Party rebuttal.  Oh, it's getting good. 

Or not.  What are you doing?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:39am On Jan 26, 2011
That indian guy from last year is an eediot!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:40am On Jan 26, 2011
When you do fingerprinting for criminal background check, does it cover everything?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:44am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

When you do fingerprinting for criminal background check, does it cover everything?

Where'd that come from? I've done it. I believe it has to be done in each state you live. Have to do it again for something else. Clean record. Only lived in one state so far.

I'll check so I can give correct info, ok?

P.S. Some weirdo is calling into C-Span. Don't know wtf he's talking about. He's freaking out too. Freak!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 4:52am On Jan 26, 2011
isale_gan2:

Where'd that come from? I've done it. I believe it has to be done in each state you live. Have to do it again for something else. Clean record. Only lived in one state so far.

I'll check so I can give correct info, ok?

P.S. Some weirdo is calling into C-Span. Don't know wtf he's talking about. He's freaking out too. Freak!

This is just by the side

I am supposed to do it and my organisation want it to cover 7 yrs plus sex offender's record.
So i got the result back and it was clean, but they did not say that they checked the sex offender's registry and 7 yr crap. they only wrote that they searched the master fingerprint file of my state and that they found nothing on me.

Just wondering If i need them to change the wording or not. May be i am just worrying too much!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 5:01am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

This is just by the side

I am supposed to do it and my organisation want it to cover 7 yrs plus sex offender's record.
So i got the result back and it was clean, but they did not say that they checked the sex offender's registry and 7 yr crap. they only wrote that they searched the master fingerprint file of my state and that they found nothing on me.

Just wondering If i need them to change the wording or not. May be i am just worrying too much!

They've checked everything.  Sex offender is also included in criminal history.  It's done.  Why are you worrying?  You should know if you . . .  Anyway, I know how it feels.  I never so much called the police when I had to get a Criminal background report, and I had done a job where they did it.  But the fact that I had to go get it myself was freaking me out, cos I didn't know what would be on there.  So the guy gave me the report, and I ask him, "where is it, where is the info?"  He said, "That's it. If you have no records, there is nothing on the page."  It says "No Record Found."
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 5:04am On Jan 26, 2011
isale_gan2:

They've checked everything. Sex offender is also included in criminal history. It's done. Why are you worrying? You should know if you . . . Anyway, I know how it feels. I never so much called the police when I had to get a Criminal background report, and I had done a job where they did it. But the fact that I had to go get it myself was freaking me out, cos I didn't know what would be on there. So the guy gave me the report, and I ask him, "where is it, where is the info?" He said, "That's it. If you have no records, there is nothing on the page." It says "No Record Found."

I see

Thanks
Ofcourse, i am clean. i am just worried that they did not put it in wording that : we searched so so and so record"

They just wrote he is clean and thats it.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 5:09am On Jan 26, 2011
fstranger1:

I see

Thanks
Ofcourse, i am clean. i am just worried that they did not put it in wording that : we searched so so and so record"

They just wrote he is clean and thats it.

Okay, I didn't mean anything by it. If you were a criminal, you wouldn't be nervous. You'd know what to expect.

So, I really don't know if they list all or some of the below. Since I had nothing, I'm not sure.
- Arrests
- DUI
- Indictments
- Convictions
- Imprisonments / Jail
- Probation
- etc

P.S. I'm gonna check your posts. I feel you're up to no good. I'm gonna check on Ileke too and what else is going on out there on NL. I do like my little thread though. smiley cool
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2011
hmm
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:48pm On Jan 26, 2011
Today abroad:

News in USA all about Obama's SOTU address.  Been there done that.  I didn't get the full Chris Matthews though. sad  We'll get some more today.  Sure he has a lot to say since last night.  And his favorite tea party rightwinger Congresswoman Bachman would have given him so much ammunition.  ::Rubs hands with glee anticipating cranky old man::

Caught a bit of NBC's Today Show.  They're not even pretending to be journalists anymore.  Is Matt just picking the ones he fancies?  Lovely girl in thigh high boot in favor, Natalie's old news now?  And Meredith still hanging in there.  And before that was Ms. Campbell Brown.  Just rename it The Today Show with Matt Lauer and his Groupies.  Won't hurt the ratings any.
Speaking of groupies, Stranger, keep yours out of this thread, and in the Romance section where they belong.  wink

Other foreign news:
30 years and counting, Mubarak is still holding on to power in Egypt, propped up by the biggest lovers of freedom, self-determination and democracy in the whole wide world, the good ol' USA.  Go on Sam's army!
The natives are restless though.  Yes, it's spreading all over. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/27/world/middleeast/27egypt.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp

. . . In the days leading up to the protests, more than 90,000 people signed up on a Facebook page for the “Day of Revolution,” organized by opposition and pro-democracy groups to be held on Police Day, a national holiday. The organizers framed the protest as a stand against torture, poverty, corruption and unemployment. The Muslim Brotherhood said it would not officially participate, though some members were among the protesters in Cairo.

But many people said they did not belong to any particular group and were attending their first demonstration. They included Ramy Rafat, 25, who said he lived in El-Marg, an impoverished neighborhood in north Cairo. Mr. Rafat, who has a master’s degree in petroleum geology and is unemployed, said he learned about the protest on a Facebook page for Khaled Said, 28. Mr. Said’s family says police officers fatally beat him last year.

“There are a lot of things wrong with this country,” Mr. Rafat said. “The president has been here for 30 years. Why?”

Aya Sayed Khalil, 23, brought her sister, her mother and her father to the protest. “I told them the revolution was coming,” she said. Asked about their political affiliation, Ms. Khalil’s mother, Mona, said, “We’re just Egyptians.”

The marchers came from all social classes and included young men recording tense moments on cellphone cameras, and middle-age women carrying flags of the Wafd party, one of Egypt’s opposition groups. A doctor, Wesam Abdulaziz, 29, said she had traveled two hours to join the protest. She had been to one demonstration before, concerning the treatment of Mr. Said.

“I came to change the government,” she said. “I came to change the entire regime.”
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 12:33am On Jan 27, 2011
From Ileke-Idi:
Will holla later tonight, got a paper to finish. . . . I know you get brain, se e fe ba'mi ko?  wink embarassed

Ileke, What's your paper on?  Shoot.  Maa ba e se.  smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 12:45am On Jan 27, 2011
fstranger1:

What?
Why are we inviting Oga Dk again?

Haramu!
Haramu!!
Haramu!!!

I didn't want to derail the other thread.  And I've already established this is a hangout thread.  If you read the whole exchange, you'll see it's all innocent.  I'm posting here cos I don't want to post anymore in the other one.

P.S.: As you can see above, I also invited Ileke. Was bored. Also, was glad DK wasn't mad at me. Probably mad at you though. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

How To Get Your BVN Code Straight From Your Phone / This Was Killed In My Compound Tonight (pics) / Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.