Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad (105181 Views)

I Now Have One Hundred TRILLION Dollars, So I Am A Celebrity (with Full Proof) / If You Are Asked Not To Talk For A Year And Get 1 Million Dollar? / Nairaland So Addictive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:12am On Jan 27, 2011
fstranger1:

The info I posted is non-identifying

There are tons of people with that same profile in OAU.

OAU is notorious for that

Only few  smart people like DK (reason why I call him Oga) and Seun got what they want exactly

What info did you post?  In that same link from Dayo?

dayokanu:

SO Isale gangan which of my questions do you want to answer now

I gave you a name but don't say it.  Doesn't matter anyway.  I don't want anyone putting it all together and identifying me.  smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 7:16am On Jan 27, 2011
Jenifa_:

wale is not a girls name fool. she's talking about his last name

You know that is really brave of you.

Stick with what you know best ok!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:16am On Jan 27, 2011
Stranger,

Are you in med school?  You said something about psychiatry practice.  You don't have to say if you don't want to.

dayokanu:

Did you see this link

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-191518.800.html#msg3138398

Dayo,
Yes.  Wow.  All personal info for the whole world to see.  I can't even do Facebook.  Old school.  smiley
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 7:17am On Jan 27, 2011
I have nothing to hide

SOme people on NL actually know me real life. E.g Seun was in my faculty in college. I know some people here
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 7:18am On Jan 27, 2011
i know someone who know you very well too
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 7:21am On Jan 27, 2011
On Nairaland? Might be true. SOmeone like No2atheism was my roomate in Ife, tkb417 we lived in the same area in lagos and went to Ife together, Nyabinghi we used to argue together while we were in sch, Xavier we worked together, etc
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:22am On Jan 27, 2011
dayokanu:

I have nothing to hide

SOme people on NL actually know me real life. E.g Seun was in my faculty in college. I know some people here

Oh, okay, Dayo.  So you're all age-mates then.  I think Seun started the site in 2005 when he was 25, no?  That's all I know about him.  So I extrapolated and guessed Stranger was about the same age.  Then I saw somewhere where he said he finished university in 2007.

See I thought I read somewhere where Stranger said he went to school with Seun.  Then he didn't like it when I mentioned it the other day.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:24am On Jan 27, 2011
fstranger1:

i know someone who know you very well too

Somone who knows Dayo? You don't know anyone who knows me. The name I implied is not my last name though. Remember that.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 7:24am On Jan 27, 2011
isale_gan2:

Oh, okay, Dayo.  So you're all age-mates then.  I think Seun started the site in 2005 when he was 25, no?  That's all I know about him.  So I extrapolated and guessed Stranger was about the same age.  Then I saw somewhere where he said he finished university in 2007.

See I thought I read somewhere where Stranger said he went to school with Seun.  Then he didn't like it when I mentioned it the other day.

npt true

i said that to threaten sort off that slut!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:26am On Jan 27, 2011
dayokanu:

On Nairaland? Might be true. SOmeone like No2atheism was my roomate in Ife, tkb417 we lived in the same area in lagos and went to Ife together, Nyabinghi we used to argue together while we were in sch, Xavier we worked together, etc

Oh, I don't really know those posters. Xavier posted in Wikileakin thread and had his "bio" leaked. grin
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 7:29am On Jan 27, 2011
isale_gan2:

Seun wasnt 25 in 2005, younger. Stranger is younger than Seun, Stranger should be like 25-26 now
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:29am On Jan 27, 2011
Did I miss something?  I still don't have a name for Stranger, right?  That's fine.  The most important thing I want to know is his age.  But he doesn't have to say.  I'm certainly not going to say.  Not now anyway.

I could always lie.  It is the internet afterall.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:31am On Jan 27, 2011
dayokanu:

Seun wasnt 25 in 2005, younger. Stranger is younger than Seun, Stranger should be like 25-26 now
Why are you. . . ? Let him say it. He didn't want to tell me, I know. hahahaha.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by fstranger1: 7:33am On Jan 27, 2011
dayokanu:

correct!
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:37am On Jan 27, 2011

Dayokanu:

Most embarrassing moment:

On my way home in the Bus, two obviously drunk AA(Akata) boys heard me speaking Yoruba on the phone and they started screaming “Mutombo”. I was like STFU!!!!! people in the bus found it very funny and  everyone joined in the “Mutombo” chorus I was laughing but really embarrassed.

hahahaha
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:40am On Jan 27, 2011
Stranger, so are you going to stay in New Jersey or move to a warmer climate once you finish school? Or are you finished?

Dayo, What's Houston like? I had a stopover in Dallas/Fortworth, and visited Texas Tech at Lubbock when a friend was graduating. That's the extent of my knowledge of Texas.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 7:42am On Jan 27, 2011
I live in Dallas now but still go to Houston very often.

Houston is hot during summer and very humid. Lots of Nigerians there, Yu can hardly miss home when in Texas.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 7:47am On Jan 27, 2011
Okay. Cool. We'll talk another time. smiley Good night.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Jenifa1: 7:49am On Jan 27, 2011
yeah good night guys
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia6: 12:09pm On Jan 27, 2011
Single or Married: Single and up for grabs to the prettiest bidder

since 2008, haba.

before sef.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by tpia6: 12:12pm On Jan 27, 2011
I just wanted to have a conversation.  Guess I was anxious how it was gonna go since the last time.  Oga Kilode can attest. 

What accolades?  Stranger knows why I didn't want any friction?  (Another thread, and older thread, you don't know about Tpia)

did dayokanu get in a fight? 

that's unusual.

he doesnt normally fight- he just raises people's blood pressure [bp].
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2011
Stranger,

How was your night?  You stopped talking.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2011
tpia*:

that's unusual.

Giiiiiirrrrrl,

He was doing incantations and s#*%.  shocked ::scared::  cry embarassed   cheesy
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 3:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
Jenifa_:

yeah good night guys

smiley  Who's the girl in your profile?  Are you Naija?  African?
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2011
fstranger1:

The info I posted is non-identifying

I still don't know what info.  I'm not gonna go through 70-odd pages of the link DK posted to search for you - and you change your moniker often anyway.  We had a convo when you were "justise," remember?  On Christmas eve.  What a butthead!!!  tongue

Here's a message I composed about you, but never posted.  I can imagine when I did this - was for one of those "why is NL so mean" threads.  You had changed to Fstranger by then.  hehehehehe
"NL is weird though.  I do not know what to tell you.  I don't engage in tribe-bashing, but a crazy boy from my tribe has decided to attack me all the time ever since I told him to stop bashing others.  I don't know what to say anymore."
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 5:44pm On Jan 27, 2011
Some Nigeria Abroad news:

Update on Uche Okafor, former footballer found dead in his home in Texas.  Initial reports were that he committed suicide (God Forbid!) but they're investigating further and authorities now believe he may have been murdered.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/evidence-shows-okafor-was-murdered-says-cousin/85402/

Uche Okafor is Dead: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-581067.0.html

Family Accuses Police of Racism: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-589834.0.html

Uche Okafor Was Murdered (says FBI): https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-592817.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=592817.msg7609147#msg7609147
isale_gan2:

I wait anxiously for a resolution to this case. That said . . .

We really need to have a stronger community and political/interest group presence.  There's strength in numbers.  Nigerians in the USA need to come together under one umbrella so we can infuence things to our benefit.  That's the way every other group does it.

All these craziness: envious people thinking they can get away with doing harm to us and feeling secure they can get away with it; undocumented Nigerian residents who are victims of crimes afraid to go the authorities, etc.

I'm really pissed.

They almost got away ruling that homicide a suicide! 

Things need to change.  Seriously.  Regardless of how it ends up.

Even if we plan on being here temporarily (which is no longer the case for most) we just need to start participating in grassroots Nigerian organizations in our community.  Regardless of your visa or residency status.  I just would like everyone to look into that.  There's strength in numbers.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:10pm On Jan 27, 2011
Foreign Affairs News:

The wave of protests is moving rapidly.  From Tunisia to Egypt.  Now Yemen.  Not sure the motivation for this one.  I don't know much about Yemen.  Other than (from memory):
1) Used to be 2 countries, unified about a decade or more ago;
2) They hate the Saudi Royals (American Puppets); they dispute territory where the Ka'bah is, believing it is really their country not Saudi Arabia;
3) USA claims they harbor Al_Qaida.

Thousands in Yemen Protest Against the Government

“I fear Yemen is going to be ripped apart,” said Mohammed Naji Allaw, coordinator of the National Organization for Defending Rights and Freedom, which was one of the organizers of the protests. “The situation in Yemen is a lot more dangerous than in any other Arab country.”

He said a phrase often heard these days is that Yemen faces “tatasawmal” — the Somalization of a country that witnessed a civil war in the mid-1990s.

Part of Mr. Allaw’s worries sprung from the inability of the opposition to forge a unified message. Some are calling for secession, he said, while others are looking to oust the president through popular protests. Yet others, he said, simply wanted Mr. Saleh to undertake a series of reforms before elections in April.

Khaled Alanesi, a colleague of Mr. Allaw’s at the human rights group in Sana, said: “The opposition is afraid of what would happen if the regime falls. Afraid of the militant groups, Al Qaeda, the tribes and all the arms here.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/world/middleeast/28yemen.html?_r=1&hp
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2011
tpia*:

since 2008, haba.
before sef.

You know say na you dey delay me sha.

tpia*:

that's unusual.

There is a scientific explanation for that.

1) When i come around girls, Their hear skip and causes a momentary increase in Blood pressure.

2) When it the act due to a lot and prolonged jigijigi, The friction raises the body temperature and the flow of blood increases and might cause High blood pressure for the rookies.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2011
This is from another thread.  If you wanna reeeally fight it out with Ileke and the other women, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-593543.0.html  please.  I just want to harass her a little.

Ileke-IdI:

You have Yoruba men with chicken feet.
Igbo men with flat head
Edo men with unnecessary potbelly.
etc.  . . . this is a huge concern.
P.S OP is married with 6 children, so swallow the "you're looking at the wrong places" drama. Sometimes a woman just wants to see a Nigerian man she can say "God def took his time creating you" and joyfully exhale.

Ileke, Bad Girl!  Is your husband Nigerian?  Or, since you live abroad (foreign affairs) wink are you married to a foreigner? ::spit!:: hahahahaha.  I kid I jest. 

P.S. Still dunno if she is really married. We'll just play along. Whatever Ileke wants.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by chic2pimp(m): 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2011
Ileke Idi is a young'un oooo.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2011
Finding marriageable love is definitely the single challenge with living abroad.

No matter the yahns, at the end of the day, you really just wanna marry a sweet naija girl.
Re: Buzugee/Nairaland, So I Want To Talk About Living Abroad by isalegan2: 8:32pm On Jan 27, 2011
More Nigerian Abroad [/b]News:

Article about a 19-yr-old Naija entepreneur, residing in Canada.  I'm not sure what in the world a 19-yr-old can tell me, but here it is.  Yeah, yeah, whatever!  I had a B.A. in my pocket at 19, but what I knew then and what I know now are worlds apart. wink All right, Good lad!

[b]Nigeria’s Got Hope! – Meet Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, 19-year-old Co-founder of promising Online Startup, Bookneto

Born on March 28, 1991, Iyinoluwa Samuel Aboyeji, more popularly known as “E”, is really just another overtly optimistic 19 year old itchy for a gale of change in Nigeria. He has served in various leadership roles within several local and international organizations, including the World Youth Alliance, Imprint Publications, Harambe Africa and Empowerment Squared. Recently, he has co-founded Bookneto, an online initiative which promises to be the world’s best study tool. In this insightful interview with BN Editorial Assistant, Gbenga Awomodu, “E” talks passionately about education,

Have you encountered any major challenges and how have you overcome them?

The Canadian system has its own problems, just like other countries. The system is largely publicly funded so there could be a standards issue at times. Since the government just wants its citizens educated, there might be issues as to whether certain students deserve to be in the University or not (as University placements are a political issue, rather than a merit issue). A side-effect of this problem again is crowded classes. It is a lot better than Nigeria though, but sometimes you wonder about the value of attending lectures where there isn’t a lot of time to really concentrate on critical material or ask much more introspective questions. There is also the somewhat moot issue of discrimination. It hasn’t really registered in Canada that Nigeria is an English-speaking country so they keep asking you for annoying English tests. If you know your stuff though, it isn’t that big of a deal. As for overcoming challenges, given my Nigerian educational background, I have mastered the art of studying on my own so it is very easy coping in class. However, there are a lot of students who struggle with the class material because they are not getting the help they need. Bookneto is actually one of the tools that might really help institutions and students facing such problems.

What are some of your thoughts about Nigeria and do you plan to return any time soon?

Nigeria is an economic miracle waiting to happen; the economic facts reveal it. I am confident that, somehow, sometime soon, “UP NEPA” will be a thing of the distant past. We are moving quickly from the days of recycled military men in borrowed Agbadas to younger public intellectuals with relevant leadership and policy credentials. Also emerging are young and savvy Nigerian entrepreneurs whose creative engagement will yield much of Nigeria’s progress in the next decade. I don’t think government can or should create jobs for young people, especially because these “jobs” are rarely meritocratic, thanks to a unique combination of our ‘federal character’ and ‘arrangee’ system. The government should make it easier for young people to do business in Nigeria. As for my coming back to the country, it is only a matter of time. Even if I was a foreigner, it would be silly for me to see all the amazing market opportunities that exist in Nigeria and not, at least, keep an eye on them. I just need to learn as much as I can here so I can bring home some badly needed experience and capital, instead of a looting bowl and an empty belly.

Any other thing you want to tell our readers?
We are coming. Nigeria is coming. Young people are coming.

More here: http://www.bellanaija.com/2011/01/27/nigerias-got-hope-meet-iyinoluwa-aboyeji-19-year-old-co-founder-of-promising-online-startup-bookneto/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

How To Get Your BVN Code Straight From Your Phone / This Was Killed In My Compound Tonight (pics) / Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.