Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) (475 Views)

SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) / DEAD END By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Short Christian Story.) / DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
(A Christian Story about a struggle for leadership position in the Church.)

All rights reserved.

This story is an excerpt of the Book "Blueprints" by Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi. A free copy of the E-book can be gotten on the blog. (Link is provided as the story source.)

No part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without permission from the author: Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi. (adebisimercyfunmito@gmail.com)

Avoid Plagiarism...

Do enjoy this story and most of all be Blessed.

-----------------------

“Is he the only one in the Church?”

“What is so special about him?”

“What can he do that we cannot do too?”

Those were the words murmured from a corner in the Congregation as soon as the Pastor David finished Announcing that Brother Tunde was going to be the one to preach at the next special combine Service since he the General Overseer was going for a Conference outside the Country.

Most of the Congregation seemed to accept it with gladness as many people were witness to the fact that God had greatly using the Brother. Yet, some had this look on their face that said they weren’t in support of what was just announced.

Pastor David looked at the workers with a smile as he continued; “He might be a young and newly appointed Pastor but you all will testify to the fact that God has been using him greatly. I know the Service will be great. So let’s all trust God to take Control. Shall we share the Grace in Unison?” He asked as the meeting was rounded up.

Pastor David watched the workers silently as they dispersed.

Pastor Bode, one of the older branch Pastors was still sitting down with a look on his face that said the announcement didn’t go down well with him.

The Pastor shook his head as he thought. “Always struggling to get a role when the role should get him. Always wanting to do what he is not capable of doing. His ministry is lying dormant, but he desires another when it’s not even the right time.”

His gaze shifted to Bro Tunde who came towards him, confusion carved on his face.

“Sir, about what you announced?” he began slowly; “do you think I can do it?”

“I don’t think you can.” he replied as Bro Tunde looked at him in shock.

“But... Why?” Bro Tunde asked stammering.

“I don’t think so, I know so. I didn’t give you that assignment; God did. I say he chooses as he wills.” The Pastor said looking at the young man who seemed not so sure of himself.

“You’ll understand later Bro; let’s go to my office. You should get the Topic I was lead to give you to work upon.” He said as he led him out of the auditorium.

“Sir, it’s not a prepared outline?” the young man asked in surprise.

“No, you’re preparing it yourself. Follow me.” He said bluntly.

Tunde followed the Pastor silently as they went to his Office, a lot was on his mind.

So many things had happened so fast for the past few months, he had always been the one leading special prayers, even seminars.

The opportunity to handle one thing or the other seem to only be for him. Yes, God had told him he was an instrument but he didn’t realize how fast things was going until now. God was not wasting time at all.

“Please help me, I can’t do this on my own. You chose me. Take control Lord.” he prayed silently.

The Pastor’s Secretary stood up to greet them as they entered.

“Pastor Bode was here few minutes ago; I think he’ll be back to see you any moment from now.” she said as they moved towards the office.

“Hmm... Alright. Show him in when he comes.” the Pastor replied without looking back.

Bro Tunde followed silently behind him. Sooner had they entered the office, did the door opened and in came Pastor Bode. He greeted the Pastor as he looked at Bro Tunde with disgust.

“Oh! Pastor Bode, I heard you wanted to see me.” the Pastor said looking at him slightly as if to read his thoughts.

“Sir, I...” he began.

The Story continues...
Re: An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
“Don’t sound too desperate.” his wife’s advice came to his mind. She had noticed his face as they got up to leave the Church.

“Tell the Pastor what you think. Just don’t sound too desperate. It’s high time someone spoke up about this issue. This is a good opening.” She had said.

He smiled. That woman understood him so well.

“Sir,” he started again a bit calmer;

“I feel something as important as this should be handled by someone who has had so many experiences on the Pulpit. This is a Combine Service, and you are not even going to be around to monitor things. Why don’t you give it to someone matured, not someone who is just sometimes lucky to do things right.”

“Well, you mean someone like you?” the Pastor asked.

“Yes... I mean No. Anyone but him will do.” He replied as Bro Tunde stared at him at his words.

“Oh!! Well, I don’t know what I will say about that. But am quite shocked. Hmmm...” he said thoughfully.

“Lord, what do I do?” He asked within him.

Give him the topic, let him go and prepare for it.

“Oh!!!” he muttered silently as he looked at the young and older men in front of him.

“Well, it’s alright. The topic is “A Divine Encounter that transforms lives.” You can take it. Prepare, pray and plan.” the Pastor finally said shocking both men.

Pastor Bode definitely wasn’t expecting that as he stared at the Pastor in surprise. But still…

“Oh! Alright Sir. Thank you Sir. Take care, Bro Tunde.” he said as he rushed out with a smile.

Bro Tunde stared at the Pastor before struggling to say “I’ll be going Sir.”

As he stood up to go, the Pastor said “I don’t really know what to tell you but I’ll get back to you.”

“No problem, its God’s work. He chooses as he wills. Who am I to question him?” he said smiling.

“It’s alright. I will reach you later.”

The next morning found Pastor Bode checking through various versions of the Bible, Dictionaries, Concordances and previous messages of the Pastor.

By the time he was done, it looked to him like it was perfect but somewhere within he knew something was missing. He explained to his wife and she ever the supporting woman she was told him, it was alright.

Metres away, in his office, the Pastor sat preparing for his Ministration at the Conference, when he felt lead to tell Bro Tunde to also prepare for the message.

Bro Tunde dropped the call in awe and amazement. Despite the Questions he really wanted to ask, he quickly got to work. By the time he was done, he himself had experienced something new.

He knew in his Spirit that God was determined to move in the Service.

“But am not the one preaching.” he said almost dejectedly. Then sat up immediately and said “God should just move amongst his people, whosoever is doing the preaching does not really matter.”

“But it might matter to God.” he said shrugging.

The next Sunday morning, members trooped into the Church expectedly because the news had spread that the Pastor had announced Bro Tunde would be preaching. As the Sunday school was going on, Pastor Bode’s children began to tell the youths sitting around them that: Actually, Bro Tunde was not ministering again. It was going to be their Father.

The Service began proper and a note was passed to Bro Tunde from the moderator telling him to come sit on the podium. Pastor’s instruction, it said.

Amidst stares and glares from people around, he gently stood up and moved up to the podium.

It was soon time to listen to the message and the moderator invited Pastor Bode to the pulpit.

Murmurings were heard as he stepped to the Pulpit.

As soon as he stepped to the front, all his built up confidence seem to melt away.

He began to stammer as soon as he began to speak. He led the congregation in prayer in a bid to build up the confidence again. As he struggled, it only became worse.

The Story still continues...
Re: An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
His wife stared at him from where she sat knowing things were not turning out fine.

“God help me.” He called out silently.

“I didn’t place you there. You did. You are on your own.” he heard silently.

“But your people?” he said, almost in tears as he looked at the congregation as they struggled to pray.

“They are always on my mind.” was the reply.

And as if on cue, an usher brought him a note from his wife which read:-

“It is better you get off that Pulpit now before it’s too late. Ask Bro Tunde if he was given the message. Let him handle it. I can only conclude that where you are standing was never yours to begin with.”

He looked up at his wife from where he stood. She was right.

He quickly signaled to the Moderator and simply said “Tell Bro Tunde to come and handle the teaching.”

The moderator stared at him as he asked, “what if he isn’t prepared?”

“His unprepared emergency message is far better than my prepared one. Get him here.” He replied as if in pain as he left the pulpit for the midst of the Congregation.

Bro Tunde stared at the happening as the Moderator quickly ran over to explain things to him and to tell him take position on the pulpit.

As he stepped on the pulpit, a hush fell on the congregation. The people became lively once again and it was a refreshing time in God’s presence.

As the report reached the Pastor that night, he smiled and said; “God, you are just unpredictable.”

Few days later, Pastor Bode stood before the Pastor with heads bowed down.

“I am sorry Sir. I was Covetous and determined to have the shoe when the shoe does not fit. I felt like I was been replaced.” He said to the Pastor’s disappointment.

“Replaced? No! That place was never even yours.” The Pastor said as he dismissed him.

As he turned to go, the Pastor called out and said “You know what? I feel like am watching the ACT of KORAH live. Only that you experienced a bit of God’s Mercy.”

Ever since then, the people in the Church most especially the youths would describe Pastor Bode as “the man who wanted Recognition so badly that he failed.”

The End.

REFLECTION CORNER.

Do you remember Korah, Dathan and Abiram?

They rebelled and they were swallowed by the earth. Their wives and children who could have corrected them, probably didn’t and they all suffered for the act together.

What influence do you have on the people around you?

Do you just watch them do things without correcting them when you know their act of rebellion will definitely take it’s toil on you?

Imagine being called “the wife or child of that man who caused problem in the Church sometimes ago”! How would one feel?

Never try to put yourself in a position not for you.

The shoe will be too big for you to fit in, and failure is usually so drastic.

Avoid people who you have noticed always want to oppose a decision in the Church.

Do not provide them support in any way because when God’s wrath takes its toll, you will not be spared.

Learn from the 250 men who supported Korah and ended up getting burnt with fire, they definitely would have thought twice before joining the coup.

Avoid being a Korah.

Avoid the Korahs.

Prayer: - Heavenly Father, may I Never be a Korah in the household of faith in Jesus name. (Amen.)

Stay Blessed...

Source: https://peculiarinspiro./2018/07/10/the-journey-begins/

E-book story Source: https://peculiarinspiro./2019/07/10/peculiar-inspiro-is-1/
--------------

Thanks once again for reading.

Remember to drop your comments and share.

Cc: Lalasticlala, lolaspen, TemidayoRiches, Peculiar2020, ScientistGood01, Clemency24, TripleOne, Honymix, Geniusepoxy, glo03, Aymee, Adekemi01, fumsin, TheEdenPlace20, Eunice112, Faithfulwrites2, Ruthina1, Beccawumi, Debbyboboye, trophygracie, Fayodamilola, omeizadeborah, ShalomA, Oluwamarytalabi, nueltosin1, treasuretaiwo, Botapreneur, ASHSALT, Olajhidey22

Lalasticlala Come and do the needful on a Day like this.��

1 Like

Re: An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
Story Source: www.peculiarinspiro.
Re: An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) by Kindoo: 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
God only use those he ordain and called. May He help us all as we serve in His vineyard.

1 Like

Re: An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) by Kindoo: 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
Wow! Mercy, you are doing good. I was on your blog and it was good. May the gift of God spread wide in your life.
You can follow me so when you post new stories I will know.
Keep writing!

1 Like

Re: An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) by PeculiarInspiro(f): 2:29am On Jun 08, 2020
Kindoo:
Wow! Mercy, you are doing good. I was on your blog and it was good. May the gift of God spread wide in your life.
You can follow me so when you post new stories I will know.
Keep writing!

Glory be to God. Thanks for reading and dropping your comment.
Amen.

Thanks.
Re: An Act Of Korah By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (a Short Christian Story.) by Zara20(f): 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
more grace my beloved.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Paying ₦1/word Is Wickedness / Professional Ghostwriter Needed. / The Firstbloods 2 (blast From The Past)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.