Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira (29336 Views)

Get Specialized & Personal Help Buying Electronics In U.s.a And Pay In Naira. / Pre-order Your Items/goods From U.S.A & Pay In Naira ( %50 Deposit ) Hurry Now! / Pls Where Can I Get A Very Good Phone Shop In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 10:14pm On Jan 22, 2011
Ever wanted to buy an item online in the US and no way to do it? That was then.

Our unique online shopping tool lets you shop online at several stores in the US and pay in Naira, all from one browser window. We accept Nigerian credit and debit cards, as well as direct deposits at designated banks. Check out for yourself: [size=14pt]www.circuitatlantic.com[/size]

Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by irohadis: 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2011
I have been to your site. cool. but how does it work?
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 11:41pm On Jan 23, 2011
From the homepage or the shopping section, click on the link "how to use." This will explain the process clearly. There are also basic instructions at the top of the shopping section.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2011
We are happy to see all the people viewing this post and visiting the site. Please let us and other users know what your impressions are.

Thanks
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 5:58am On Jan 26, 2011
Circuit Atlantic: redefining the future of e-commerce in Nigeria?
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 4:05am On Jan 27, 2011
Is Nigeria ready for e-commerce? We say yes!. Visit us today.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by Draniel: 10:06am On Jan 27, 2011
please can I get a used Blackberry Empathy to buy??
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by LadyZee1: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2011
Is it possible for me to buy school toys for my creche section of my school using your company?and what are the conditions of purchase?,because i like this idea of shopping in the US and paying in Naira.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 3:37pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Draniel

Please search for that item on Ebay or Amazon. Just type the name of that item into the search field of the respective sites. If you find it, you can certainly buy it. Follow the process like in your last order.

I hope this helps.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 3:39pm On Jan 27, 2011
@Lady Zee

You need to speak to our business procurement unit. Please call the office to set up an appointment.

Thanks
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by goldincome(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2011
When some makes a payment, how soon will you order for the product and the period it takes to arrive to Nigeria
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2011
We order your items as soon as we confirm payment and delivery happens between 10 - 17 working days.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by Draniel: 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2011
@Catlanta,I couldnt get a used one on the suggested sites please do help with more sites.I will appreciate that.
Thanks.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
@Draniel,

Na wah for you o! This phone is still a concept phone and not yet on the market here in the US and you wan buy am for second hand? Even the new one I can't find.

I am sorry you have to wait for a while.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2011
We wen no go obodo oyibo go fit get anything wen we want now.Is a good one.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by FEMARY(m): 2:53am On Feb 01, 2011
HOW DO YOU COST THE SHIPPING.E.G. A LAPTOP SHIPPING COST TO LAGOS.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by jposuagwu: 11:42pm On Feb 01, 2011
I have searched your website only to discover that there is absolutely no advantage of buying from you compared to buying from a Nigerian shop. For example, I shopped for a samsung LCD television and the total price is about N67,000. The same samsung LCD TV I got for N70,000 at park and shop. So tell me why I should send my money to someone I dont know with uncertain delivery date plus attendant risk of such internet transaction just because of a difference of N3000? Does it make a  logical sense? So tell me where is the advantage of dealing with you with such price difference? The point is you have so many hidden charges not dislosed and that increases the cost of doing business with you. Again its funny that the samsung LCD i got from your website for N67,000 is a 3 series while the one I got at park and shop for N70,000 is a 4 series. What do you say about this?
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by Draniel: 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2011
Catlantic thanks for your response.I will really appreciate if am alerted when the used one is available .Meanwhile,Can I get a blackberry torch that is not branded?
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2011
I have searched your website only to discover that there is absolutely no advantage of buying from you compared to buying from a Nigerian shop. For example, I shopped for a samsung LCD television and the total price is about N67,000. The same samsung LCD TV I got for N70,000 at park and shop. So tell me why I should send my money to someone I dont know with uncertain delivery date plus attendant risk of such internet transaction just because of a difference of N3000? Does it make a logical sense? So tell me where is the advantage of dealing with you with such price difference? The point is you have so many hidden charges not dislosed and that increases the cost of doing business with you. Again its funny that the samsung LCD i got from your website for N67,000 is a 3 series while the one I got at park and shop for N70,000 is a 4 series. What do you say about this?

@Josuagwu: thanks for your comments. First you need to state clearly the exact model of TV you compared so readers can know if we are comparing apples to apples. Secondly, we have no hidden charges. All our charges are published on your order (shipping, service charge, wire transfer fees, and insurance for your item). We are constantly revising these charges to answer to the contingencies of the market. However I am glad that you pointed out the savings of N3000. For most items the percentage you save is more. Customers have saved up to N30K on laptops for example. There is also the advantage of placing the order and receiving it in your home in most parts of Nigeria. No traffic wahala! Customers have found this to be true and that is why they use us. In addition it is possible to find the same product from other US vendors at a cheaper price. You also have the option of a broader choice of products that are rare or just not obtainable in Nigeria. What if you wanted a Sony High-Def TV or one of those 3D TVs? You also have the option of getting a factory refurbished version of the same item for a lower cost. So, we really open up a lot of opportunities. We offer real value for money to most consumers.

We are not an unknown entity. We are a fully registered company in Nigerian and the United States. We have a permanent office off Allen avenue in Ikeja and an international office in Boston MA USA, which you can visit any time to meet our staff. Where you are not comfortable with online transactions, contact us directly and we will deal with you personally through our business procurement unit. Our delivery time is not "unspecified." It is 10 - 17 business days (please read the FAQ). In global e-commerce post-purchase delivery is standard practice. In fact e-commerce is overtaking brick and mortar retail methods. This is the future.

I hope I have addressed your concerns and please feel free to raise issues with us.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by collymanze(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2011
Hello CATLANTIC, I just read your response to Josuagwu and I'm glad to say you guys are really here to make a difference. Most Nigerians are so afraid of improvements and innovations. I don't blame them much shaa, considering the battered value and trust system we find ourselves in. Again most Nigerians place little or no value over "little change" as in the case of this guy who sees no reason for saving off 3k in just one purchase. It really is a marvel. Go to the US or Europe, people queue up in lines and even cross roads to buy stuff for even as low as $5 discount. It can buy you lunch at least.

However kudos guys! For those who wish to join the moving train, the journey to the bright future, those who wish to be part of this innovative ingenuity, here is a very valuable opportunity. We can live better lives, we can restore the lost hopes, values and trust of our people as long as the promises made here are met. We do not have to continuously depend on the substandard products that have flooded our local markets, which is still one of the gruesome acts of our merchant brothers who go to China and give them such specifications for our local markets. Here is an opportunity for those who want enjoy the value of their hard earned money by shopping for their desired products from the US and having them delivered at their door posts.

I am proud to witness and take advantage of this ground-braking innovation of one of our own. Spread the good news guys, we can do even better than this. This is what is meant by re-branding Nigeria.

Nigeria - Good People; Great Nation!
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by GTay(m): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2011
First of all, let me commend you guys for having the best e-commerce site in Nigeria (my opinion).

The Good
Site is very informative! I never had the need to even call your numbers as the FAQ had all the info i needed.
Ability to browse top retail sites (e.g bestbuy, ebay, tigerdirect) within your website is just perfect.
All charges are clearly shown to the purchaser on the confirmation page
Product Safety and Guarantee with return policy in case the item is damaged in transit. (I hope this works though)

The Not So Good
Inability to browse Amazon.com within your website (if Electronics category is chosen)
A standard Freight fee of $200 regardless of weight / size / cost of item is quite unfair (my opinion). Seriously? what if i want to buy a $100 item?
Your online support (GTalk, Skype) is actually offline.

Summary
Great for purchasers who want to buy large quantities of various items. Not so great if you just want to buy a single inexpensive item.
For e.g i tried to purchase a $150 item, it came up to $400 lipsrsealed. Next time i tried several items of $1500 approx and it came up to $1900 which makes more business sense.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2011
@GTay

The Not So Good
Inability to browse Amazon.com within your website (if Electronics category is chosen)
A standard Freight fee of $200 regardless of weight / size / cost of item is quite unfair (my opinion). Seriously? what if i want to buy a $100 item?
Your online support (GTalk, Skype) is actually offline.

Summary
Great for purchasers who want to buy large quantities of various items. Not so great if you just want to buy a single inexpensive item.
For e.g i tried to purchase a $150 item, it came up to $400 Lips sealed. Next time i tried several items of $1500 approx and it came up to $1900 which makes more business sense.

Thank you very much for your objective observations. We need more of these.

We also just noticed that Amazon is missing from the electronics store. We will restore it ASAP. You can access Amazon through other categories while we fix the bug.
Gtalk and Skype are active. We are training Nigerian staff and transitioning customer support to them. So when you buzzed via Gtalk, we saw missed messages that came during working Nigerian hours but while we were asleep in the US. Starting from Friday, it will work from 9am to 5pm Nigerian time.

Our minimum charge for Freight is $20 and not $200.

Our system is designed for the everyday Nigerian in mind. We are also modifying our shipping price algorithm to serve people shopping for books and other small items even better. For illustration I have displayed a screen shot of two transactions.

One is for an item of $100 of unspecified weight and the other is for an item of $1500 (say, a video camera and accessories) where weight is set 10 Lb.

In your trials you did not specify the weight of the item on the order form. If it is an expensive light weight Item, you can save a lot of money by looking for the weight in the product details and selecting the equivalent in the weight drop-down menu on our order form.

See the results here. If you are getting a different result, please send us screen shots of your order form and order summary.

Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by GTay(m): 1:26pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^^ CATLANTIC

As regards the CHAT OPTIONS, i could work with the U.S timing. I just thought it was one of those gimmicks added that never really works.

Actually i entered the weight in the 'drop down list'. Both items were 50lbs each. One was a T.V, the other was a furniture item (Pix below)
Now does this mean the $200 i'm seeing in both orders is uniform because of the estimated weight? regardless of dimensions e.t.c

I'm curious to know who handles your shipping? Do you do this yourselves or use a shipping company.
Also could you shed more light on your return policy - Would like to know what happens when an item is received broken/damaged for e.g a TV.
Your team would also do well by providing a customer review portal so those who have used your services can comment about their experiences.

Cheers.

Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 2:07pm On Feb 04, 2011
@GTay

Actually i entered the weight in the 'drop down list'. Both items were 50lbs each. One was a T.V, the other was a furniture item (Pix below)
Now does this mean the $200 i'm seeing in both orders is uniform because of the estimated weight? regardless of dimensions e.t.c

I'm curious to know who handles your shipping? Do you do this yourselves or use a shipping company.
Also could you shed more light on your return policy - Would like to know what happens when an item is received broken/damaged for e.g a TV.
Your team would also do well by providing a customer review portal so those who have used your services can comment about their experiences.

In response to your first question, you are getting the same shipping cost because you selected the same wight for both items, irrespective of dimensions. There are times when dimensional weight costs us more than the client pays. We make up for these with the predominantly regular items. We have an excellent internal logistics system that will deliver your items within 10 - 17 working days. Exceptions are when you order a back-ordered item or you order in the second week of December.

If your item is broken or gets lost in transit, We pay in full. Your PS&DG (product safety and delivery guarantee covers this.) But if you order the wrong item and decide you don't like it, you will be subject to our return policy.

We will be attaching a customer blog next week. Thanks for reminding us. Meanwhile here are some comments from some of our customers: http://circuitatlantic.com/testimonials
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by GTay(m): 6:36pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^^ CATLANTIC

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by goldincome(m): 10:33am On Feb 05, 2011
@CATLANTIC

When you select "Site in View", it returns you without selecting the site you selected.
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2011
When you select "Site in View", it returns you without selecting the site you selected.

This is only happening when you try to select Amazon from Electronics section. We are fixing that ASAP. Let me know where exactly you experienced this.

Thanks
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by edwintey: 7:33pm On Feb 06, 2011
Hi Catlantic,can your company help to buy cars from the US?
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by edwintey: 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2011
@catlantic,am still waiting for your response.Thanks
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by CATLANTIC: 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2011
@Edwinty
Hi Catlantic,can  your company help to buy cars from the US?

Please contact our business procurement unit by using this form: http://circuitatlantic.com/business-product-request-form
You can also send email here: http://circuitatlantic.com/contact
Or call our office.

Thanks
Re: Live! Shop In The US, Pay In =N=aira by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 07, 2011
online shopping made easy!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Techtragadgets *hot* - redmi note 3, doogee f5. Xiaomi, Elephone, Umi, tablets / Pickup Services(offerup,letgo Etc) In Newark, New Jersey!! Shipping To Nigeria / New 360 Degree Pouch For Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tab2 7.0 And Note 8.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.