Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,347 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died (65071 Views)

FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / 5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Coronavirus: Is Face Mask The New Goldmine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Alexk2(m): 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
salford1:
Why would anyone not believe that Cvd 19 is real? The numbers being reported are real numbers and not some made up figures.
The cases are even far underreported in reality. I pray we're not overwhelmed by the time reality done on us as a country.

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by foleskay(m): 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
kayzeesoft:
Your friend died of malaria parasite not covid-19.
May ignorance no kill you. Visit gbagada general hospital to see d difference btw malaria and covid 19. Anu mi se e

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Excel70: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Then covic 19 does not exist , if 800 people can die a day and someone there knew nobody.
The total population affected in Nigeria is around 10000 in a ccountry of 150 million people. Probability of knowing someone is very low.. Think!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by oodua1stson: 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
kingi777:
Good day Nairalanders. Since March this year, Covid-19 has been the major issue in Nigeria as it led to the shutingdown of the economy.

Many people don't believe the existence. My dear people, I was having a double opinion about the existence too. For the first time, I'm beginning to believe the pandemic does exist. My friend who was a Medical Laboratory Scientist with Kaduna State Ministry of Health and the head of the laboratory unit, Gwantu General Hospital was down with malaria like symptoms and treated himself for several days with no improvement.

Though he was a high blood pressure patient. The fever increased and symptoms of Covid-19 started manifesting. He was taken to Kafanchan Gen Hospital but no Doctor agreed to come close to him when they saw his critical condition. He was advised to check into the isolation centre but when they got there, there was nothing on ground as everywhere was dirty with no facility. The family was advised to take him to Kaduna isolation centre but he gave up the ghost as he was under distress all these while.

His samples were taken and it came out positive for Covid-19. His corpse is deposited at Kafanchan Gen Hospital at the moment. The people that were running up and down to save his life were helpless as they watched him dying. Their samples had been collected yesterday, taken to Kaduna today and are awaiting the outcome of the results.

The question they are asking is: why is government saying they have spent huge sum of money with nothing to show for it especially in other parts of the state/country? Should preparation for Covid-19 management be made only in the state capitals? What about towns that are very far from the isolation centres in the state capitals? Government should do something to accommodate the people by creating and equipping more centres in the hinter lands.

Corona virus (Covid-19) is real!
Do you know anybody anywhere in Nigeria who has died as a result of Covid-19?
while I understand the reason for your message, the reason why you posted his picture I will never understand.

1) his family might be discriminated against.posting his picture here is not the right thing to do.please remove it , sir.

2) there is nothing you're saying here that we have not heard or read b4. Your friend is on the high risk side. A bit old and has an underlying illness. If not for the 2 factors there is like 0% chance he would die.

Anyway R.I.P to him

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Angelfrost(m): 6:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
Covid-19 didn't truly kill him... The negligence and corruption of your health ministry killed him!!!

No sensible person has said the virus is not real!!!... The issue most have with the pandemic here is the widespread lying!!!.. Just imagine what you just reported. Your state government officials will still pocket billions claiming everything was put in place across the state.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by adexoramo(m): 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Does this mean people are not dieing before the existence of covid-19?.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by greall12(m): 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Listen to your self , it’s not affected people in Nigeria, who told you is not real . It’s not in Nigeria.

Kobicove:
Of course the Chinese virus is real.

Only foolish people here in Nigeria say it's not real cos we have been lucky not to be having the kind of casualties they had in Europe and America! undecided
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by solaiphones: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
kingi777:
Good day Nairalanders. Since March this year, Covid-19 has been the major issue in Nigeria as it led to the shutingdown of the economy.
Oga na malaria kill am
Many people don't believe the existence. My dear people, I was having a double opinion about the existence too. For the first time, I'm beginning to believe the pandemic does exist. My friend who was a Medical Laboratory Scientist with Kaduna State Ministry of Health and the head of the laboratory unit, Gwantu General Hospital was down with malaria like symptoms and treated himself for several days with no improvement.

Though he was a high blood pressure patient. The fever increased and symptoms of Covid-19 started manifesting. He was taken to Kafanchan Gen Hospital but no Doctor agreed to come close to him when they saw his critical condition. He was advised to check into the isolation centre but when they got there, there was nothing on ground as everywhere was dirty with no facility. The family was advised to take him to Kaduna isolation centre but he gave up the ghost as he was under distress all these while.

His samples were taken and it came out positive for Covid-19. His corpse is deposited at Kafanchan Gen Hospital at the moment. The people that were running up and down to save his life were helpless as they watched him dying. Their samples had been collected yesterday, taken to Kaduna today and are awaiting the outcome of the results.

The question they are asking is: why is government saying they have spent huge sum of money with nothing to show for it especially in other parts of the state/country? Should preparation for Covid-19 management be made only in the state capitals? What about towns that are very far from the isolation centres in the state capitals? Government should do something to accommodate the people by creating and equipping more centres in the hinter lands.

Corona virus (Covid-19) is real!
Do you know anybody anywhere in Nigeria who has died as a result of Covid-19?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Proffessorr: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
If it is real , why don't i know someone who know someone that have the sickness.. .. Anyway u needed to be checkup,, who know's if you yourself is safe.wink

Sometimes, it’s better not to learn through experience. e.g. about the existence of the coronavirus.

I can tell you for free, you will pray and fast like the world is coming to an end.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Movicq(m): 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
If it is real , why don't i know someone who know someone that have the sickness.. .. Anyway u needed to be checkup,, who know's if you yourself is safe.wink
Na talk bdis abi na so ur mouth be?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by foleskay(m): 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jabioro:
Your friend died of another thing ..it is not convid19.Convi19 doesn't kill like that..
undecided
''Doesn't kill like that ''. undecided. Visit yaba isolation centre and let's see how it actually kills... In you
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by onlyhuman: 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Nobody is arguing that it doesn't exist in Nigeria. All we're saying is our government is blowing it out of proportion for their own personal gains and also using the media as a tool for fear mongering.
Don't bother to quote me if you have issues decoding simple English please

When the figures were minimal Nigerians cried that the figures are too small compared to what we may have out there. And that for every case reported, there is 100* more unreported. Everyone urged the govt to scale up testing. After testing is scaled up and large figures are recorded, same Nigerians are crying that figures are out of proportion.... My opinion; No one knows the extent of covid 19 in Nigeria, we thank God that many of our people are asymptomatic to it. However, live responsibly according to the guidelines given, be very observant and always pray. Don't be a statistical count for new cases or worst still, number of deaths. Live responsibly, practise the new personal hygiene methods and healthy living. RIP to the doctor, my condolences to his family and the people of Nigeria for such a loss.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by galadima77(m): 6:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kobicove:
Of course the Chinese virus is real.

Only foolish people here in Nigeria say it's not real cos we have been lucky not to be having the kind of casualties they had in Europe and America! undecided

My guy make your points without insulting anybody.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ceejayluv(m): 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jabioro:
Your friend died of another thing ..it is not convid19.Convi19 doesn't kill like that..
Please run your own test And determine the real cause of death. You don't negate claims by blind doubt.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by buJu234: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
Covid-19 is real but which kills faster and more people..

Covid-19 or hunger..

Cos hunger kills fast and more people..
that is why everyone is ignoring covid-19, telling covid-19 to go to hell..

If u have covid-19 u may die but if u have hunger u must die..

So choose..lol
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ceejayluv(m): 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
galadima77:

My guy make your points without insulting anybody.
The insult is warranted. It's a called a pandemic for a reason but somehow some people feel the virus has spread to all countries of the world except Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by farem: 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Then covic 19 does not exist , if 800 people can die a day and someone there knew nobody.

Well, since you are a stubborn Thomas, when you become a victim, we will continue to be helping you to tell others that Covid-19 is real.
How about that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by BABAawoo47: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
KingAzubuike:
It's real but doesn't thrive well in Africa because of our stronger immune system. We've seen worse, y'all been down with malaria so I believe Corona virus should be a big deal here. Moreover that your friend could have died of any other thing.

That's doesn't mean there are Nigerians who don't get infected tho. But if it's that bad, many people would have had this thing and died in this country because no one seems to give a damn about the virus 80% of the population ain't taking precautions.
its nt because of stronger immune system oo...blacks in US die disproportionately to white

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by kayzeesoft(m): 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
foleskay:

May ignorance no kill you. Visit gbagada general hospital to see d difference btw malaria and covid 19. Anu mi se e
Ma tan rẹ.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ceejayluv(m): 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
NOwazobia:
Who said is not real before, we are only saying that politics has come in and we can't trust the officials again, as such they may be overblowing the whole scamdemic. Is that too hard to understand?
Precaution is key. The president of Brazil took it for granted And now Brazil is topping the league.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Karlifate: 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
The people that took your friend to the Hospital should go for a test too.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Bahamas95(m): 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
RIP to him.

So because your friend is a lab scientist and he died I should now believe there is audio COVID-19 in Nigeria shebi?

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by alphaRego01(m): 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
Who says its not real? I lost a very close uncle at lagos on the first day of this month .the truth is that we dont have de correct info about dis virus and how it works.if only we had even upto 40 percent of the real knowledge of tackling a virus as this.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by apexx3928: 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
[color=#] 1758727[/color]
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Bolubaba(m): 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
I'm also a laboratory scientist. I don't believe he died of Corona. We medical personnel tend to take care of people ignoring our own health issues until it's late. I've been feeling kinda weak lately and had a cough which resulted from eating corn. Only for me to run some test on myself and discovered I had malaria +++. They would have added me to their list if I didn't run the test myself.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ceejayluv(m): 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
aragonchuks:
Yea coronavirus is real but the media is exaggerating the figures and make it look like a death sentence but it’s not ..
The media (mainstream mass media) never made it look like a death sentence. They gave out guidelines on social distance and hand washing. It's the market women and beer parlour media that gave it another hue.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Jelzin2412(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Livelyguy:
Fake news.

I discovered that from time to time, the government or NCDC looks for a poster candidate to spread fear of COVID. They usually appear on twitter or other social media to say that they know someone who has been a victim of covid so as to personalise the whole thing.

Of all the diseases he suffered from, why must covid take the blame?

Covid in Nigeria is nothing but malaria

You are a brainless wimp! People like you are the true problem of Nigeria. And pls stop this ignorant comparison btw COVID-19 and Malaria! They are not thesame...
Damn!!! I don't even know if Nigeria and the people in it are cursed with Ignorance...

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Luckydubby7(m): 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
Alexk2:

The cases are even far underreported in reality. I pray we're not overwhelmed by the time reality done on us as a country.
. Sir I would like to know your reasons of saying the cases were under reported. Thank you.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by SirWarlock: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
Grandmeister:

The "opportune" US has damned the virus and are protesting and rioting on the streets for days now...as far as the USA is concerned that chapter is closed lol.
And their numbers are still going up. Or you think there won't be consequences of the protests?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Karlifate: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
BABAawoo47:
its nt because of stronger immune system oo...blacks in US die disproportionately to white
You can't compare blacks (born & bred) in Nigeria with blacks (born & bred) in the US of A.
The diet, harsh environment, daily stress, anxiety etc. It's not by complexion.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by apexx2305: 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Zoleka, Nelson Mandela's Granddaughter Dying Of Cancer / I Might Be Impotent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.