Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) (49905 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Additional ₦3.3 Billion To Fight COVID-19 / 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 / Coronavirus: Robots Spraying Disinfectant In China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by gistsmill04: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_wPwJLide4

(CNN) Rwanda has introduced robots as part of its fight against coronavirus.

With 314 confirmed cases of the virus as of May 22, the East African country has enlisted the help of five anti-epidemic robots to battle the virus.

The robots were donated by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) to the Kanyinya treatment center that treats Covid-19 patients in the capital city, Kigali.

The robots -- named Akazuba, Ikirezi, Mwiza, Ngabo, and Urumuri -- were received by the country's Minister of Health and Minister of ICT and Innovation last week.

They will be used for mass temperature screening, monitoring patient status, and keeping medical records of Covid-19 patients, according to Rwanda's Ministry of ICT and Innovation.

Keeping healthworkers safe
The robots perform a number of tasks relating to managing coronavirus. They can screen up to 150 people every minute for symptoms of the virus such as high temperature and dry cough.

According to Dr. Daniel Ngamije, Rwanda's minister of health, they also have the capacity to capture sound and visual data of patients and can notify health workers on detected abnormalities.

"These robots will perform temperature screening in our treatment centers. The robots will detect people walking in not wearing masks so that with the voice, the command post can quickly be informed and respond," he said.

More than 90,000 health workers worldwide have contacted the Covid-19 in the course of treating affected patients. To reduce these numbers, the Rwandan government wants its health workers to have limited physical contact with patients under their care.

The robots have the capacity to deliver medicine, food, and other essentials in place of frontline workers to Covid-19 patients undergoing treatment, Ngamije said.

They are programmed to communicate properly and can also educate health workers and patients on the dangers of the virus and how to stay safe, he added.

Robotics engineers from the UNDP will train staff of the Rwandan Ministry of health on how to use the robots so they can put them to work.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/25/africa/rwanda-coronavirus-robots/index.html

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Cutefergieee: 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nice

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
What a forward-thinking country. With the way they're going, I see them competing with BRICS member countries in development

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Shenseaa(f): 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
Wow they are creating robots in rwanda

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Slawormir: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Shenseaa:

Read baby girl!

Think before you speak. Read before you think

Reading brings us unknown friends

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The woman or baby girl who never reads lives only one.

Reading is a discount ticket to everywhere

Make i light my last tie for the evening. There is always light and fire at the end of our weed.

155 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Pidginwhisper: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by NOwazobia: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
All these nairaland stupid mods think they can bully me by banning me? You don't bleeping bully me in a place that doesn't contribute to my feeding nor my finance, ediots. I am just here to catch fun, when you ban me is either i get the Bleep out of this bleeping forum or i simply activate another account. I won't change my normal narrative because of some bleeping mods who leave and work in a none define environment. Nonsense.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by JBoss25(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
U
Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Donvictor2015: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Best African president... I duff cap for Kegame

2 Likes

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by afroniger: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
But many Nigerians don't even believe we have COVID-19 in the country so even if the government buys the same Robots they will call it a waste of money, an avenue to loot funds, or audio. undecided

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Righteousness89(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
If it's by Robots, Covid-19 will not be in The IS, UK, China, South Korea, Japan ,etc..

It's not by Robot!!!

Except The LORD watches over a House, The Watch men Watch but in Vain..

Tz is a Perfect Example on How Nations should Attend to things as these

Humans are naturally Stubborn so The KING of Kings allows us to keep going in Circle, until we Return to HIM

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Avedonn: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Paul Kagame has been in power for almost 20 years just like many African leaders, but he has really transformed his country positively.
Although he has so many human right abuses charges against him, but considering the level of accelerated development he brought to his country after a bloody genocide, one can easily overlook all his atrocities against opposition.

Before some of you start comparing Nigeria with Rwanda, I want you to know that Rwanda's landmass is not bigger than Anambra state. And its population is about 13 million people. So Nigeria has many challenges compare to Rwanda.

18 Likes

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Akazuba, Ikirezi, Mwiza, Ngabo, and Urumuri why the names wan resemble those people for south east own

See the way Rwanda dey move, dem go soon overtake us. Both Igbo & Yoruba no wan allow us move. Owners of Nigeria abeg make ona do something fast o, if na cow go dey transfer drugs & foods nothing bad o

I know most of ona no read this post, no be dem produce am o, na dash o, lazy Nigerian youths. Read na problem na make who read agric for school dey work for bank

3 Likes

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Celly2020: 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Africa country is fast developing but Nigeria we are just talking of what PDP did years back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
Okk
Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by myfan: 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
sad
Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by XXLMANDIGO: 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
Kigame is the face of New Leadership in Africa innovative and abreast with the current realities of the 21st Century.

Kudos cool
Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by blowjohn(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
The lady in red is pretty and shapely

1 Like

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by paddyofboss(m): 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
We have a robot in nigeria he is somewhere in AS ROCKA

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by RealEzee(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
The difference between us and them is just how the media tells stories.

3 Likes

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Juell(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
shocked
Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Yankee101: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Privacy issues
Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by olaoye15(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Wow. Rwanda is a story of from Zero to Hero. It is obvious that no country is destined to fail. Rwanda is gradually walking on the path of greatness.

4 Likes

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Seetto: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Which one be robot again, when we are talking of herbal medication for covid-19 cure,l undecided undecided..
Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Sabadon(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Rwanda is always in the news for the right reasons

3 Likes

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by JosephXavier: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
G

1 Like

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by depremore: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Please send to the front page
Good day every one my name is Joshua i seriously need help am calling on medical practitioners or any one with solution to save a brother.
Am 25 years of age and for as long as i can remember i have been living with CHRONIC DEPRESSION mine is genetic cause my dad has it too but handicapped by the situation cause his not a learned person.
To cut it short, i came to realize i have depression during my Industrial training as that stops me from performing well and associating with people around me ,all i do is to sit alone, see nothing good about my self, sad and lack of motivation.It has been like that since my primary and secondary school i wasn't disturbed as at then because i never knew what was wrong with me until last year during my I.T when i was sacked as a result of my cold attitude and inability to perform. Am seriously disturbed cause i see no better future for me living with depression as it deprives me of the ability to talk, express my self and be confident.
I have tried so many doctors and have been placed on different antidepressants such as SSRI, SNRI and others but none seems to work for me apart from TRAMADOL which has a very high tolerance speed.i have google all i keep getting is that it has no cure but the effect of tramadol has kept be going, cause i strongly believe that if i can feel normal with tramadol there is hope.Apart from that ,life is not worth living for me .
So i deemed it fit to write here.please if you have any idea of what i can do weda by traditional pills or foreign to help me out of this hole of depression i will sincerely appreciate and will forever be grateful to you for the rest of my life. Please help

This my contact 0708 589 4543 depremore@gmail.com
Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by hamid6249: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
We still mixing sniper and water here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by visijo(m): 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Where do our pictures go when we delete them? ���
Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by maxjax(m): 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
Shenseaa:

they were donated to them by UNDP ....u didnt read

6 Likes

Re: Robots Fight COVID-19 In Rwanda (Video) by Sweeetheart(m): 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
Angel that place me in Nigeria boarder really don't feel for me

this useless country aboki don spoil finished with their nepotism and illiteracy

hopeless and useless country of hypocrites and foolish citizens

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Harmattan: Two Friends Die In Jos From Charcoal Smoke (Photos) / Help! Am I HIV Positive? / My Last Days. Death, Funeral, Pains, Xraying the Life Of A Ymodulus, A Psycho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.