Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,481 members, 7,781,439 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:24 PM

How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial (50928 Views)

Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me / Couple’s Wedding Turned Into Funeral After Both Die Hours Before Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by ijustdey: 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
On Monday 25th, a day after Sallah, some dance videos trended on social media.

It seemed to have started after one Aisha Falke, the owner of Northern Hibiscus, a page on Instagram, saw the video of a woman dancing for her husband.

The challenge, known as #danceforhusbandchallenge, was widely shared with some thrilled by it and others showing stiff reservations, saying it’s not in the culture of northern Nigerian women. Daily Trust gathered that the challenge required participants to record a video of a wife dancing for her husband in a large and beautiful parlour.

The woman must wear a bubu lace with bangles on her hands. Also, the husband would be seated and the song of Jaruma by Hamisu Breaker will be played. All efforts to reach singer Hamisu Breaker for his comment proved difficult because his line was unreachable.

Reacting, Kannywood actress Saratu Gidado, known as Daso, who shared many of the videos on her Instagram page, said on social media, “This year’s Eid we have seen love on social media.

Do you think I should also share my own video?” she asked and tagged actors like Mansurah Isah, Baballe Hayatu and Abba el-Mustapha. Another actor, El-Mustapha said, “If she is not showing this kind of love to her husband, she can lose him.” In a different video, Mansurah wrote, “This man is used to attending wedding ceremonies.

The way he is spraying money, you will understand.” However, a prominent Facebook user, Sanusi Bature Dawakin-Tofa, said one of his former bosses divorced his wife after she shared their video. He said, “Innalillahi wa inna ilaihirrajiun.

I just realized that one of my former bosses divorced his wife for releasing to the public, the #Dancingforhusbands challenge last night. “The most unfortunate thing is that it’s a marriage of 19 years with three kids; she has been the only wife in the house.”

The Editor-in-Chief of Daily Nigerian Newspaper, Jafar Jafar wrote, “though I don’t subscribe to this kind of nonsense, but if this is actually the reason, I think it’s undeserved.” The comments continued, with some supporting the husband’s actions while others criticised it.

Reacting to the development, Aisha Falke said on Instagram: “We are giving too much energy to things that don’t affect our lives in any way. “The energy from yesterday was misplaced if you ask me.

Where is this energy when grown men rape babies? “Where is this energy when our young girls are being molested with false hopes of marriage? “Where is this energy when our young teenage girls are being divorced per second?” In a video she posted, Falke said she did not start the challenge, adding that the purported issue of divorce was actually a lie.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-online-dancing-challenge-turned-controversial.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWrqLBAeZAE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by SecretSpy666: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Arewa

2 Likes

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by JasonScoolari: 5:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
If our Northern brothers were to be a subject in school, I think they would have been "FURTHER MATHS"

These people are too complicated, you either use a Four Figure Table to understand them or you just try and avoid the subject.

443 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Shenseaa(f): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
Dancing is not for them

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Slawormir: 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

JasonScoolari:
If our Northern brothers were to be a subject in school, I think they would have been "FURTHER MATHS"

These people are too complicated, you either use a Four Figure Table to understand them or you just try and avoid the subject.
Not true brother
They are the simplest to understand

I know you won't understand
Humans hate what they don't understand
Na only for north person go give you accomodation and food without you nor get money
They are too simple and easy
The simplest people on planet earth

The only thing you should say is that when they are angry they take it to the extreme

157 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by iCauseTrouble: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
Their dance, their problem... Next topic please

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
The owners of Nigeria I hail o, make ona remember us for the promise land. The southern boys loyal. Fine mamas dem, looters of our darling Nation ona weldone o

JasonScoolari:

Who tell you, Abeg bros calm down Jor. We understand them and we like them like that. You dey here dey worship failed Ibori, even Ibori self worship abacha dat year o. Bros come worship the real owners of Nigeria na here money dey o. Ibori dn pack all e money give ayiri, hope you know?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Sirheny007(m): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
I cannot possibly give a phvck about people whose social life is greatly impaired by their religion.
To eat in Islam is subject to some rules,
To make love to your wife,
To dance for your husband?

What could possibly anger Allah about that?

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
Rabbish

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by crackhouse(m): 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
Arewa this Arewa that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Sunnycliff(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Islam lacks tolerance and fun I don't no why

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Badonasty(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
I no Dey like read aboki news again...their matter don tire me

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Apologize(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Chineke ka anyị tụkwasịrị obi

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Firstandonly(m): 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
this post no get meaning

18 Likes

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by KaptainAfrika: 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
They're all a bunch of hypocrites.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Realresk(m): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
Rushes to say something cos it's front page grin

1 Like

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
NOTHING WEY LALASTICLALA NO GO SEE FOR SNAKE HAND.cool

M

5 Likes

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Ejiphill09(m): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
cool
Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by philip0906(m): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hypocritical clowns!

11 Likes

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
One of the most useless threads ever. Mod should ban himself!

43 Likes

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by amalab30(m): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
Their Controversy. Their Headache.

1 Like

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by fatymore(f): 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lol
Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Chronicle222: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Coder2Client(m): 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Controversial indeed
Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by JBoss25(m): 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
JasonScoolari:

lol

6 Likes

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Reading
Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Chronicle222: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Firstandonly:
this post no get meaning
It won't get meaning since its not about nudity, killing from the NORTH, poverty, bandits, boko haram attacks, herdsmen attacks, Southern kaduna killing, sokoto killing, etc...
Northerners are human just like you too and their happy moment should not be a point of sorrow for you.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by Goldenfinger: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Bt y d Bleep dis fuckin news made fuckin front page.damnnn nigggar stupid post

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by babyfaceafrica: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
Their problem

5 Likes

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by prestige101: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
PRETENDING under the cloak of religion and doing worse things....WICKEDNESS.

So because a man is a NORTHENER, or a MUSLIM, he shouldn't dance for the wife...PRETENCE

If he danced for a woman outside wedlock, you guys would still say it's wrong, which truly, it will be wrong....CONFUSION.

NOW, CAN YOU ALL ALLOW PEOPLE EXPRESS WHAT THEY FEEL FOR EACH OTHER ESPECIALLY WITHIN THE LEGAL AND MORAL CONDUCT
OF MARRIAGE.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Arewa Husband Dance Challenge Turned Controversial by wendixx(f): 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hmmmmm...

Well, dancing for one's husband is always an lovely and joyful thing. However, sharing for the world to watch should be a decision both of them should make together IMO, to avoid stories that touch since northerners are very conservative.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Gosiame Thamara Sithole Who Gave Birth To 10 Babies In South Africa / Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome / I Want To Give My Daughter Up For Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.