Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? (732 Views)

What Is Happening To My Solar Installation & Inverter? Please Help!!!! / Our First Giveaway Is Happening Today, Sunday 20-03-2022; Be The Lucky Winner! / Nigerian Churches And Their Amazing Sign Post And Program Themes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by AiteeAitee: 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
I've wanted to say this for a while. The pentecostal church has turned something else. Too much reverence of their daddy G.O.
Gossip and say unkind words about each other's church eg Deeper life folks may say Christ embassy members are sinners etc.
Each church has rules that seem to clash with others and may not really be biblical. Then they mock each other for not believing the same thing - why?

I mean, aren't we supposed to be one in the body of Christ?

What about pastors raping miracle seeking members?

Also, the morden day robbery and mental manupulation of gulible members is shocking.

1 Like

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by athaboi(f): 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
You better stay there..don't come and disturb us in Catholic, no space for new members

3 Likes

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by AiteeAitee: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
No unity in the new generation churches.
Fake pastors living flamboyant lifestyles while the members sweat to pay tithe money.
The hypocrites I've seen are just too much.
Too much jaga jaga and madness.

A man just wakes up one day, picks a bible, and boom! He owns a church. There is so much I want to say but I'll stop here.

I was invited to a service in a catholic church Feb this year. I felt some kind of unusual peace during the service and a startling connection to God.

Since then, I have not been the same. I crave that peace. This is my opinion.
Drop yours.

1 Like

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by AiteeAitee: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
athaboi:
You better stay there..don't come and disturb us in Catholic, no space for new members
grin I am already on my way. I realized catholics from differnt parishes don't bad mouth each other's parish. Unlike the norm here where most pentecosal church goers are almost always at war.

1 Like

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by ojun50(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
My dear you have ur heart, ur body and soul with you so you decide what makes you be at peace.

1 Like

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by phemmyfour: 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
AiteeAitee:
I've wanted to say this for a while. The pentecostal church has turned something else. Too much reverence of their daddy G.O.
Gossip and say unkind words about each other's church eg Deeper life folks may say Christ embassy members are sinners etc.
Each church has rules that seem to clash with others and may not really be biblical.

Also, the morden day robbery and mental manupulation of gulible members is shocking.
Catholic has its own unbiblical doctrine

From the "holy Mary pray for me" prayers to baptizing infant etc

1 Like

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by Vivian16: 8:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
Catholic church is the real deal, I am a born catholic I came to Lagos and started Pentecostal but I never found real peace until I went back to Catholic church everything you need is in Catholic church but many Catholics don't know and they are jumping from one Pentecostal church to another.

1 Like

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by Ejaisky: 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Try Anglican. You will like it.
Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by AiteeAitee: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ejaisky:
Try Anglican. You will like it.
Yeah, I love the UNIBEN All Saints church too. It's also nice sha.

1 Like

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by btoks: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2020
phemmyfour:
Catholic has its own unbiblical doctrine

From the "holy Mary pray for me" prayers to baptizing infant etc

Those practices are not unbiblical and have been in the church from the beginning.
Check out prayer of saints in Rev 8
Plus the wedding in Cana John 2

Entire Households were baptised in Acts 10 and 16.

Besides the bible itself came out of Church Tradition.
Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by phemmyfour: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
btoks:

Those practices are not unbiblical and have been in the church from the beginning.
Check out prayer of saints in Rev 8
Plus the wedding in Cana John 2

Entire Households were baptised in Acts 10 and 16.

Besides the bible itself came out of Church Tradition.

In each example of “household baptism,” the people who were baptized were ones who had been taught what they needed to do in order to receive salvation (Acts 10:34-43; 16:14, 32; 1 Corinthians 1:16-18; 16:15-16). They were the people who could hear and understand the Word of God

Prayer of "saints" not prayer of Mary or prayer of a saint. Besides, prayers of believers and prophets of God are all "prayers of faith"

On wedding in Cana, Mary was expecting Jesus to start manifesting his messiahnic nature and that was the ONLY time she was in line. It has nothing to do with prayers, in fact Jesus has not started teaching his disciples about prayers or how to pray.

2. Even Mary didn't know HOUR according to Jesus' reply

Jn 2:4 The Lord’s reply is most significant. He said, “Woman, what have I to do with you? Mine hour is not yet come”

Not all traditions were followed by Christ. Christ separated the laws from the new covenant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by LordShiva97(m): 11:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
Try atheism, you can thank me later.
Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by evansjeff(m): 7:25am On Jun 09, 2020
it's always greener on the other side until you see for yourself. I have so many Catholic friends, from what I've heard and known from them, I can never think about going to Catholic.

Better look for a good church to attend and while you are there, study your bible extensively and have a good personal relationship with your God and not your pastor. Do only that which your spirit tells you to and ignore others.

2 Likes

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by AiteeAitee: 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
LordShiva97:
Try atheism, you can thank me later.
shocked
Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by Albert0011(m): 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
AiteeAitee:
shocked
Pentecostal churches these days is something else o...the last time my mum dragged me to her church i vowed never to visit the church again,they contribute money for everything, the last one that pained me most was that pastor's car is now old and all the members should endeavour to contribute money for the new car.
For my mind i was like WTF is happening here,since this year my leg never reach church o.
I even like Jehovah witnesses more than any church's around now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? by Richhard(m): 8:56am On Jun 19, 2020
AiteeAitee:
Each church has rules that seem to clash with others and may not really be biblical. Then they mock each other for not believing the same thing - why?

I mean, aren't we supposed to be one in the body of Christ?

What about pastors raping miracle seeking members?

Surely there are bad eggs in every denomination, but generally saying ". The pentecostal church has turned something else. Too much reverence of their daddy G.O" I think is rather myopic missus.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigerian Woman Richer Than Dangote, Two Others / Bonic Coin / Nigeria printing more money could lead us to Germany 1922 (pic included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.