Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years (53377 Views)

Suspected Killers Of Uwa Omozuwa Paraded By The Police / Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Rape Of Uwa Omozuwa, UNIBEN Student In Edo RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Report has revealed that late Uwaila Omozuwa had been using church where she was murdered as her reading house for five years until the news of her death broke seven days ago.

The church at Osa-Amadasun Street, Ohovbe Quarters, which she attended and about five minute-walk from her residence was considered a safe spot for her to assimilate and enjoy reading, it turned out to be where her attackers took carnal knowledge of her and left her for dead.

Uwa’s aggrieved mother, Mrs Joy Omozuwa, explained that “She is my second child, the most gentle of all my children and was always interested in her book. What happened to my daughter is so painful; I never knew this was how she will die. On that fateful day, May 27th, I left home with her and she went to the church to read. For over five years now, she had been going to the church to read, so, that day she did the same thing.

“When the schools were shut as a result of COVID-19 pandemic, she (Uwa) had been going there to study because she said she didn’t want to have any carryover in her examination. I waited till in the evening when I normally called her if it was getting late although she didn’t have a fixed time that she would come. Sometimes she came home at 5 pm, sometimes 6 pm or 2 pm depending on her mood.

“By 5 pm, I tried to call her but her line was not going through. There was a boy who was also a member of the church staying near the church whom she said sometimes came around and she had told me that I should not panic if I didn’t see her on time but unfortunately,

“I didn’t have the boy’s number so I was becoming worried. I saw off a member of our church who came to visit me and by the time I returned, I missed three calls from Mrs Osula who is also a member of the church and stayed close to the church. She asked to come to the church quickly and when I got there, I was told that Uwa had been rushed to the hospital.

“They said they met her with her eyes blindfolded, her mouth tied and her hands tied behind her like a criminal. She was untied and when they noticed that she moved her hand, they quickly took her to Enoma hospital. When I saw my daughter, there was blood all over her body, the white top she wore had turned red with her blood; I looked at her ear, there was blood coming out of it as well as her nose while she had a swollen eye…”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/late-uwa-read-at-church-where-she-was-murdered-for-5-years-%25E2%2580%2595-report/amp/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
Too bad undecided

even in the damn house of god she was still not saved.

29 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by merit455(m): 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Too bad undecided

You have a problem

184 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by HappyPagan: 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
merit455:
You have a problem
Don't blame him. Blame God. God failed as usual.. like he failed all those Christians Boko Haram killed with bombs.

Sad story.

51 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
merit455:
You have a problem
Everybody has their own share of problems. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by illicit(m): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
merit455:
You have a problem
You are the one with a problem here

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by merit455(m): 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
HappyPagan:

Don't blame him. Blame God. God failed as usual.. like he failed all those Christians Boko Haram killed with bombs.

Sad story.
Your own God fail..... certainly not my own GOD.

My GOD is big and Large

364 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by Freestainworld(m): 8:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
tragedy, it's painful
Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by HappyPagan: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
merit455:
Your own God fail..... certainly not my own GOD.
Yeah. I am sure all your hopes, dreams and wishes have been granted by your Sky Daddy.

merit455:

My GOD is big and Large
I agree. A big and large failure.

39 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by decatalyst(m): 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
This is quite sad and heartbreaking to read.

The killer(s) have murdered sleep, they shall not know peace or rest till justice is served hot on them.

May God Comfort the family. Quite sad.

26 Likes

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by BlowYourMind: 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
HappyPagan:

Sad story.
God failed you, it is obvious

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by BlowYourMind: 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Too bad undecided

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

35 Likes

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by HappyPagan: 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
BlowYourMind:
God failed you, it is obvious
Yes, He did. In hindsight, it it was I who failed myself, for God never existed. He was just a figment of my imagination, a part of me.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by HappyPagan: 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
BlowYourMind:

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
Obviously just a proverb. Thankfully not a promise, cos this poor girl will probably be at Heavens Gate asking God why she had to leave her mom so early... And in such terrible circumstance, right inside God's house.

E reach to ask question, and to be honest, I don't think God understands suffering the way the human mind does. Staying in heaven can give you wrong perspective of stuff going down on earth.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by FarahAideed: 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Attacker had been studying her for a while ..That why should never be predictable in your movt

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by BlowYourMind: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
HappyPagan:

Yes, He did. In hindsight, it it was I who failed myself, for God never existed. He was just a figment of my imagination, a part of me.
Well I understand you are depressed, embittered, devour by hatred and consumed by blindness and delusion. Better turn back when there is still time.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by BlowYourMind: 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
HappyPagan:

Obviously just a proverb. Thankfully not a promise, cos this poor girl will probably be at Heavens Gate asking God why she had to leave her mom so early... And in such terrible circumstance, right inside God's house.

E reach to ask question, and to be honest, I don't think God understands suffering the way the human mind does. Staying in heaven can give you wrong perspective of stuff going down on earth.
GOD is GOD, you can't dine with the devil and ask for protection from GOD when your sins are running after you.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by CAPSLOCKED: 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Too bad undecided

DURING THE PEAK SEASONS OF BOKO HARAM IN NIGERIA, THEY HAD THE HIGHEST HITS IN CHURCHES IN THE NORTHERN PARTS OF NIGERIA.

IT WAS REALLY EASY FOR THEM. INSTEAD OF STRUGGLING TO GARNER SCORES FROM MARKETS WHICH WHERE BECOMING LONELY DUE TO THEIR PRESENCE IN MOST CITIES, THEY SIMPLY WAITED TILL SUNDAYS TO GO BOMB CHRISTIANS WHEN THEY ASSEMBLED IN CHURCHES TO PRAY FOR PROTECTION AGAINST BOKO HARAM. THEY ALSO HAD BIG SCORES FROM BOMBING MOSQUES IN KADUNA AND KANO.

MILITARY PRIESTS AND PASTORS BEGAN GOING FOR SUNDAY SERVICE WITH THEIR PERSONAL RIFLES, IN CASE. BECAUSE ALL POWER BELONGS TO MAN. THERE'S NOTHING GOD CAN DO FOR ANYBODY. BELIEVING IN HIM IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME BECAUSE HE'LL LET YOU DOWN LIKE HE DID TO ALL THOSE CHRISTIANS, AND THIS YOUNG LADY.

27 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by HappyPagan: 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
BlowYourMind:
GOD is GOD, you can't dine with the devil and ask for protection from GOD when your sins are running after you.

That is true.

What is also true is you can dine with God only, and God will still Bleep you up, ask Job. It's a reason my greatest character in the Bible is not Jesus, but Job's wife.

That woman was brutal and direct, the kind of human qualities I cherish and admire. A God whom you honor should honor his words and promises. If God fails, why should you continue to waste your power of belief on him?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by HappyPagan: 10:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Well I understand you are depressed, embittered, devour by hatred and consumed by blindness and delusion. Better turn back when there is still time.
Na. It's just the clarity of my thoughts, and the logic of my position that has blown your mind.

You really have nothing else to say.

6 Likes

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by BlowYourMind: 10:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
HappyPagan:

That is true.

What is also true is you can dine with God only, and God will still Bleep you up, ask Job. It's a reason my greatest character in the Bible is not Jesus, but Job's wife.

That woman was brutal and direct, the kind of human qualities I cherish and admire. A God whom you honor should honor his words and promises. If God fails, why should you continue to waste your power of belief on him?
It obvious you don't know what you are saying, Job was tempted by the devil.

Job 42:12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses. Job pain was less than 15 days and his enjoyment after was about 90years

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by BlowYourMind: 10:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
HappyPagan:

Na. It's just the clarity of my thoughts, and the logic of my position that has blown your mind.

You really have nothing else to say.
Clarity of your thoughts and the logic of your position? Grunting pig wallowing in the mire speaks more wisdom than you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by tgirlblaze(f): 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
The pastor, church workers and members should all be among the primary suspect

4 Likes

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by Image123(m): 12:01am On Jun 08, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

DURING THE PEAK SEASONS OF BOKO HARAM IN NIGERIA, THEY HAD THE HIGHEST HITS IN CHURCHES IN THE NORTHERN PARTS OF NIGERIA.

IT WAS REALLY EASY FOR THEM. INSTEAD OF STRUGGLING TO GARNER SCORES FROM MARKETS WHICH WHERE BECOMING LONELY DUE TO THEIR PRESENCE IN MOST CITIES, THEY SIMPLY WAITED TILL SUNDAYS TO GO BOMB CHRISTIANS WHEN THEY ASSEMBLED IN CHURCHES TO PRAY FOR PROTECTION AGAINST BOKO HARAM. THEY ALSO HAD BIG SCORES FROM BOMBING MOSQUES IN KADUNA AND KANO.

MILITARY PRIESTS AND PASTORS BEGAN GOING FOR SUNDAY SERVICE WITH THEIR PERSONAL RIFLES, IN CASE. BECAUSE ALL POWER BELONGS TO MAN. THERE'S NOTHING GOD CAN DO FOR ANYBODY. BELIEVING IN HIM IS A WASTE OF YOUR TIME BECAUSE HE'LL LET YOU DOWN LIKE HE DID TO ALL THOSE CHRISTIANS, AND THIS YOUNG LADY.

Unbelief in God protects one more you suppose?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by Omar09(m): 3:13am On Jun 08, 2020
It's quite a pity we failed to see that this girl kept doing the wrong thing for a really long time that it felt right. It was just a matter of time for her to take correction, which she did, but can no longer implement it (rest her soul and may her killers be brought to justice).

To those arguing the existence of God on both sides (whether he exists or not) should understand that doing the right thing, in the right place and at the right time goes a long way in keeping one safe. And like physics taught me, nothing is ever 100% work efficient. But 60% one puts goes a long way in keeping one safe.

Our government failed us in providing security does not mean we should fail ourselves in giving ourselves security.

Modified
N:B Please if you are an emotional train wreck that will come here to call me names or accuse me for what I do not know, don't mention me. Ignore this post. I am not blaming the girl for being raped, nor am I blaming her dying, and neither will I absorb her killers of any blame or sin, but rather pointing out where you and I can take correction because it's late for the said girl to take correction. What is that correction, NEVER TAKE YOUR SAFETY FOR GRANTED. True it can happen to anyone, but let us first do what's in our hands and leave the rest to whoever we believe in. And those saying people do get raped at home or wherever, need I remind you that people also die at home and even in the hospital, does that mean we should stop taking care of our health?

Thanks for understanding me and not attacking me instead. And to those who asked a reasonable question instead attacking me in the likes Bukatyne, kudos to you all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 08, 2020
You don't stick with a particular habit for 5 years... Or even 1 year. Be fluid.

As my uncle used to say, "Rule #1: Be unpredictable. At all times."

Sometimes, those looking to track you down or harm you simply take a peek at your lifestyle and then build their obnoxious plan around it, thereby making you a sitting duck.

P.S. So, there was a "boy who was a member of the church" in the picture smiley

I hope they've called in the kid? He might have a thing or two to say about this. That's standard procedure.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by gbadexy(m): 8:28am On Jun 08, 2020
To those frustrated and angry with God, why do you think there would be judgement, punishment and reward after death?
If God were to be interfering in everything then no one would be accountable for their actions.
He has given us ability to know right from wrong and warns against evil.
You should actually be very afraid for the creator that is patiently waiting for your return.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by HappyPagan: 8:32am On Jun 08, 2020
Image123:

Unbelief in God protects one more you suppose?
Nice flip there. No wonder you're Christian.

1 Like

Re: Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years by HappyPagan: 8:33am On Jun 08, 2020
tgirlblaze:
The pastor, church workers and member should be first suspect
That was my first thought when I read the story. But stranger explanations may exist.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

14-Year-Old Housemaid Poisons Her Boss With Rat Poison In Ondo (Photo) / Boy Caught Stealing At Computer Village (Video) / Woman Caught After Hiding Stolen Item In Between Her Legs In A Shop. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.