Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers (411 Views)

You Are Not An Engineer: Tinubu Aide Replies Obasanjo On Port Harcourt Refinery / 2023: Onanuga Urge Buhari To Repay Tinubu's Support, Atiku's Aide Replies / Paul Ibe: Lai Mohammed Smoking Weed – Atiku’s Aide Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers by InoutNaija(f): 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2020
Salihu Tanko Yakasai, a media aide to Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, has responded to a statement by Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, about some states reporting ‘fake’ Coronavirus (COVID-19) figures.

Earlier, Governor El-Rufai had responded to a Twitter user who suggested that some state governors influence the COVID-19 figures being reported in their states.

The Kaduna governor had said “not all states want ‘fake’ low numbers”, while mentioning the Federal Capital Territory, Lagos and Kaduna as examples of states that care about their citizens.

El-Rufai added that “We want to save lives not have “unexplained deaths”,” a statement some people believe was directed at the Kano State Government.

Another Twitter user, Ahmad Tijjani Maigoro (@MallamTeejay), had asked the governor: “How about Kano and Katsina Sir? Are the Governor’s faking Numbers too?”

El-Rufai responded:-

“You are asking the wrong GOVERNOR. I decide, act and speak ONLY for Kaduna State. I can mention Lagos because we are in touch with LASG to Learn from their experiences. And the FCT I used to administer (2003-3007) so their staff keeps updated of their efforts”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11686248_1_jpeg_jpegb14275b5f78bece688542a179cd8bd1b

But Yakasai, who is a staunch defender of Governor Ganduje on the social media platform, reacted to El-Rufai’s statement directly under the governor’s tweet.

He said the Kano State Government valued lives of its citizens, adding that “that’s why Kano has been peaceful for the past 5yrs. Mysterious deaths have been resolved, testing is still ongoing as we have the highest number of tests done in the North and if anyone has any proof of fake numbers we are waiting for it.

“The same way my Governor handled kidnapping, banditry, cattle rustling, armed robbery & religious extremism in Kano is the same way we will handle Covid-19 In Sha Allah madame Lolly. Kano remains on the right track to development with peace & security of our people,”
Yakasai added.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11686249_whatsappimage20200607at9_19_54pm_jpeg_jpeg77c5577621ea17d079e0c946f8d260b9

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers by Busch: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers by RuddyFusion(m): 10:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
Should we fix a boxing match for Elrufai and Gandollar?...both men are tactically at war and 2023 is in the mix of it
Re: Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers by Vyzz: 10:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
Aboki news Don tire me
Re: Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers by Mynd44: 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
So Dawisu couldn't insult El-Rufai?

Loool
Re: Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers by dkdmy: 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
No big deal in this! Both of them are right
Re: Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers by FlordFlorez(m): 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
That was classic! Clash of...........
Re: Ganduje Aide Replies El-rufai Over Comment On ‘fake’ COVID-19 Numbers by sammychimex(m): 12:06am On Jun 08, 2020
Very sound response by el rufai. I can say I give it to him when it comes to handling covid-19, he has done well unlike his kano .counterpart

(1) (Reply)

Edo APC Primary: Court Sustains Order Restraining Oshiomhole, INEC, Others / COVID-19: Is Abiola Ajimobi Truly Dead? / Obaseki's Full Speech As He Formally Joins PDP Friday, June 19, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.