Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas (4971 Views)

The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship / Benins Were The First Educated Nigerians. Dr Okafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by gregyboy(m): 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
TAO12:

(1) Your first claims here have been dealt with beyond remedy.

In fact, you eventually agreed that all the so-called Benin conquests are simply imaginations in the head of the Edos.

(2) You've tried this nonsense before on another thread where you were eventually disgraced.

See the attached screenshots for the 2nd half of your disgrace. grin

cc: RuggedSniper, gomojam, MetaPhysical, Moneywomen17, babtoundey

Letme see tye author of the book ths lies must be coming from a Yoruba author... Lies dahomey did the conquering and brought oyo collapse

I want to see the author of the book
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]#Pained
Lol, another one pained here ....
With your smelly mouth youre using to say shut up.... Mumu woman abi man[/s]

Let me scare this little poor boy!

Watch out! Watch out!! Watch out!!! Awolowo is at your back. grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
gregyboy:

Letme see tye author of the book ths lies must be coming from a Yoruba author... Lies dahomey did the conquering and brought oyo collapse

I want to see the author of the book

Hahaha! E pain am! cheesy

Remember where you admitted that you're foolish, after being disgraced?? grin

See link here for a fresh reminder: https://www.nairaland.com/5858411/oyo-successor-state#89563875

Those pages above are from Professor S.A. "Akintoye's "A History of the Yoruba People" -- The same professor you cited some days ago while trying to spin his words. wink

His writting which I attached above is simply a restatement of the eyewitness account of the European slave trader Archbald Dalzel who lived in Dahomey in the 1700s.

Archibald Dalzel's "History of Dahomey" -- published in the year 1793 -- has the following to say on Oyo's ascendancy over Dahomey. See attachments.

Poor Edo liar boy is already being soaked in his tears today again. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by gregyboy(m): 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2020
TAO12:

Hahaha! E pain am! cheesy

Remember where you admitted that you're foolish, after being disgraced?? grin

See link here for a fresh reminder: https://www.nairaland.com/5858411/oyo-successor-state#89563875

Those pages above are from Professor S.A. "Akintoye's "A History of the Yoruba People" -- The same professor you cited some days ago while trying to spin his words. wink

His writting which I attached above is simply a restatement of the eyewitness account of the European slave trader Archbald Dalzel who lived in Dahomey in the 1700s.

Archibald Dalzel's "History of Dahomey" -- published in the year 1793 -- has the following to say on Oyo's ascendancy over Dahomey. See attachments.

Poor Edo liar boy is already being soaked in his tears today again. cheesy

Rubbish, get me a dahomey source agreeing to oyo dominanc
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by gregyboy(m): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=TAO12 post=90697877]

Let me scare this little poor boy!

Watch out! Watch out!! Watch out!!! Awolowo is at your back. grin cheesy grin cheesy[/quotje]

No he drank poison remeber..... He was a weakling and puppet to his hausa master which betrayed him and had to commit suicide.....

TAO11 have sense dead men dont act
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by babtoundey(m): 10:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=gregyboy post=90701992][/quote]

The same Awolowo who brainwashed your forebears and made of them worthless puppets

The same Awolowo whose integrity and sagacity your forbears bowed to and respected so much that they risked being cursed, being tagged fools and liars by you their worthless and unreasonable children.

Tell me one man in your clime, dead or alive, that can be compared to or can achieve the feat of Awolowo.

Oranmiyan colonised you
Britain colonised you
Awolowo colonised you
You're born to slave for others and you shall not die until you accomplish that goal.

Don't you see you how worthless and very unreasonable you can be and have always been?

2 Likes

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 12:56am On Jun 16, 2020
gregyboy:
No he drank poison remeber..... He was a weakling and puppet to his hausa master which betrayed him and had to commit suicide.....

TAO11 have sense dead men dont act

(1) No, it's only in Edoland that people get poisoned, bewitched, and sorts of evil you can think of. According to you, Awolowo maltreated your fore-parents. grin

(2) Dead men don't act, yet you are dead-scared of the name "Awolowo" to the extent that you attribute all your problems (including your impotence) to Awolowo.

I won't stop scaring you with that name. Watch your back, Awolowo is coming. grin

1 Like

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 1:01am On Jun 16, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Rubbish, get me a dahomey source agreeing to oyo dominanc[/s]

The same one right in front of you -- Archibald Dalzel, "History of Dahomey", 1793.

Guess what! They even speak Yoruba till date. grin

E pain am!
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by Nobody: 1:32am On Jun 16, 2020
So is it true that Yoruba and binin are culturally related?

If so, in what ways. Please can someone enlighten me a little bit?
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 1:45am On Jun 16, 2020
sammyfrosh:
So is it true that Yoruba and binin are culturally related?

If so, in what ways. Please can someone enlighten me a little bit?

Take your time to read through this thread. It's about one of such cultural relation.

You may check out my comments particularly if you wish to.
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by gregyboy(m): 9:41am On Jun 16, 2020
babtoundey:

The same Awolowo who brainwashed your forebears and made of them worthless puppets

[s]The same Awolowo whose integrity and sagacity your forbears bowed to and respected so much that they risked being cursed, being tagged fools and liars by you their worthless and unreasonable children.

Tell me one man in your clime, dead or alive, that can be compared to or can achieve the feat of Awolowo.[/s]

Oranmiyan colonised you
Britain colonised you
Awolowo colonised you
[s]You're born to slave for others and you shall not die until you accomplish that goal. [/s]

[s]Don't you see you how worthless and very unreasonable you can be and have always been[/s]

You spoke out of hate...... I left the truth and erase the lies

I wont be speaking with hate but blunt painful truth lol....

I would rather recon with Anthony enahoro a very bold edo man, who spoke out on the need of independence when even your suicide awolowo couldn't say shit this how bold edo men are, and thats how we edos bleeped you all in the ancient past and took your lands.........

2) you see pop limited us, democracy run on population regardless of that edos are still top notch in the affairs of nigeria both home and abroad if we have the population you fucking yoruba have now, the north will be leaving at our shadow while we rule... And edo man loves dominating and that's what the yoruba people lack

3) the first thing i striked out is fairytale oromiyan
Lol...... Our oba said he gave you guys izoduwa ekaladeran, even if i want to agree with the mythism, oromiyan is a good fairytale story

The last paragraph got me laffing....... Abeg this is morning please chill on your lies
You guys can be fool accepting myth as real but don't rub it with us..... Take your lifelesss oromiyan story out of your head.... We did all the influence to yoruba people

I know TAO11 will quote me on your behalf, she is insane anyway.......

If you want to debate oduduwa existence come clean and tell me
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by babtoundey(m): 11:29am On Jun 16, 2020
gregyboy:

You spoke out of hate...... I left the truth and erase the lies

I would rather recon with Anthony enahoro a very bold edo man, who spoke out on the need of independence when even your suicide awolowo couldn't say shit this how bold edo men are, and thats how we edos bleeped you all in the ancient past and took your lands.........

2) you see pop limited us, democracy run on population regardless of that edos are still top notch in the affairs of nigeria both home and abroad if we have the population you fucking yoruba have now, the north will be leaving at our shadow while we rule... And edo man loves dominating and that's what the yoruba people lack

Lol...... Our oba said he gave you guys izoduwa ekaladeran, even if i want to agree with the mythism, oromiyan is a good fairytale story

The last paragraph got me laffing....... Abeg this is morning please chill on your lies
You guys can be fool accepting myth as real but don't rub it with us..... Take your lifelesss oromiyan story out of your head.... We did all the influence to yoruba people

If you want to debate oduduwa existence come clean and tell me

Your stupidity has ascended an incompressible level. Under what party did Enahoro advocated for self-rule for colonised Nigeria? That party AG was formed from what is called "egbe Omo Oduduwa". Who was Enahoro's master? Who was he responsible to?

I even heard the Portuguese also colonised you. According to you and you "The name oba was coined by the Portuguese" ( What a preposterous claim)

As an Edo man that you are how many medals and glory have you won for Edo nation? Even to know your root and history is difficult what else would you find simple?

Did you just said our Oba said that he gave you izeduwa.. You are a joker and an inconsistent braggart. Do you now belief "your oba"? The same oba that you claimed distorted Edo's history to curry favor from Awolowo, the same oba you called traitors and deceivers. By the way, have you gone to the Oba palace to tell him the history he told you are fabrications. Please do and tell him your mind. Perhaps, the wise one will help the world tame a growing ignorance and stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]You spoke out of hate...... I left the truth and erase the lies

If you want to debate oduduwa existence come clean and tell me[/s]

Three people Edo Nairalnders are dead-scared of:

(1) Oranmiyan, (2) Awolowo, (3) Tao.

The day I would leave Nairaland will be a day of great celebration all over Benin Kingdom. grin

May name has been engraved in gold on their minds. grin

Thank you babtoundey for drilling his thick skull.

1 Like

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by gregyboy(m): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2020
TAO12:

Three people Edo Nairalnders are dead-scared of.

The day I would leave Nairaland will be a day a celebration all over Benin Kingdom. grin

Funny you.... Lol....... You only debate to kill boredom and just lie uncessarry

Youre bored go and sleep
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by gregyboy(m): 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
TAO12:

The day I would leave Nairaland will be a day a celebration all over Benin Kingdom. grin

You truly came to rescue him

One day i will be refrenced internationally and nationally when the truth behind the ife myth spills out.......

Trust me........
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
TAO12:

FACT! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
gregyboy:

You truly came to rescue him

One day i will be refrenced internationally and nationally when the truth behind the ife myth spills out.......

Trust me........

Hahaha! You're already been referenced internationally.

My friends here see your comments, and they challenge me like: But you said young guys back in Nigeria are smart. grin cheesy

cc: MetaPhysical
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Funny you.... Lol....... You only debate to kill boredom and just lie uncessarry

Youre bored go and sleep[/s]

No diatractions allowed.

You must tell us why Benin Kingdom continues to pay homage to Ife even in modern times.

If you have no answer, then ask EwuareII. grin
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by gregyboy(m): 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
TAO12:

No diatractions allowed.

You must tell us why Benin Kingdom continues to pay homage to Ife even in modern times.

If you have no answer, then ask EwuareII. grin

Your are always joking, cant you be serious for once
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by gregyboy(m): 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
TAO12:

Hahaha! You're already been referenced internationally.

My friends here see your comments, and they challenge me like: But you said young guys back in Nigeria are smart. grin cheesy

cc: MetaPhysical

You need to leave Somalia, is like dehydration is worrying you,, your brain nor get water again
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
gregyboy:

You need to leave Somalia, is like dehydration is worrying you,, your brain nor get water again

Somalia is not even a state in NorthAmerica. How did you pass Geography?

2 Likes

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
gregyboy:

Your are always joking, cant you be serious for once

No diatractions allowed. 

If you have no answer, then ask EwuareII.
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by gregyboy(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
TAO12:

Somalia is not even a state in NorthAmerica. How did you pass Geography?

I never said you were in America
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
gregyboy:

I never said you were in America

Of course you didnt.

You only thought Somalia was a state somewhere in North America. grin grin
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by babtoundey(m): 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
TAO12:

Three people Edo Nairalnders are dead-scared of:

The day I would leave Nairaland will be a day of great celebration all over Benin Kingdom. grin

Believe me, you have done him "STRONG THING". He will always think twice and maybe smart before he creates his junk posts on Nairaland. Anywhere he comes by letter T he will instantly turn into ghost mode.

And baba wants to be referenced internationally. I think he is right. His nonsenses will be needed as references when there is need to teach smart and intelligent kids how unbaked historians are made and the wrong approaches to being an historian.

3 Likes

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
babtoundey:

Believe me, you have done him "STRONG THING". He will always think twice and maybe smart before he creates his junk posts on Nairaland. Anywhere he comes by letter Tao he will instantly turn into ghost mode.

And baba wants to be referenced internationally. I think he is right. His nonsenses will be need as reference when there is need to teach smart and intelligent kids how unbaked historians are made and the wrong and stuoid approaches to be an historian.

I swear! grin cheesy

His worst regret is the day God created me, babtoundey and others.

1 Like

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by davidnazee: 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
TAO12:

I swear! grin cheesy

His worst regret is the day God created me, babtoundey and others.

Lol �.. you guys are just jokers... it’s clear to everyone that you are trying to change what is generally known (with evidence and witnesses accounts) about your little history and it’s not working for u.
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
davidnazee:

Lol �.. you guys are just jokers... it’s clear to everyone that you are trying to change what is generally known (with evidence and witnesses accounts) about your little history and it’s not working for u.

I can't remember asking you for ocean of tears and sorrows.

In case you've forgotten, I asked for evidence, proof, and reason.
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by davidnazee: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
TAO12:

I can't remember asking you for ocean of tears and sorrows.

In case you've forgotten, I asked for evidence, proof, and reason.

why do u keep asking for evidence when u don’t understand what it means.. go sleep Awori woman
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by TAO12: 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2020
davidnazee:

why do u keep asking for evidence when u don’t understand what it means.. go sleep Awori woman

Again, no tears is required.

Only evidence, proof, and reason.

2 Likes

Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by Ideadoctor(m): 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
Edeyoung:

Oba gha to kpere.... Ise!!!

After god( osanoba) , is our oba.....

Bleep you slaves....
I will create thread adressing how we use you all as human sacrifice just watch, yorubas will never have peace on culture thread because of me
Re: Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas by Ideadoctor(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
yeye boy, dey there,Yoruba has been using your anscenstor as slaves for long through the Benin royalty that pays homage to ife the home of 400 deities,your anscenstor were used to feed these deities sequentially, and the slavery continues with your generation, Today Yoruba's has overpowered and overshadowed you in all ways,we are respected everywhere, Brazil, Cuba,Caribbeans, Togo, Benin, Ghana,Trinidad, Haiti and USA, our culture had soared beyond the shores of Nigeria,can you imagine,your people pussy has been the most offered pussy in Nigeria, Libya, Italy and Arab Emirates, dey curse una

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gur People Of Burkina, Mali, Cote D'ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Niger / Is It Right For 2nd/3rd Daughter To Answer ADA / Beauty Of Our Yoruba Future. . . Our Children!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.