Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) (5641 Views)

Martins Emeka Nwagu Is A Good Person Not A Fraud / Man Scammed By Fake Bank Representatives Who Promised 1 Million - Pictures / Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2020
On the 1st of June 2020, I stumbled on a thread where a Nairalander was looking for someone to help create an Amazon Mechanical Turk account (Mturk) for him. On that same thread, Mr. Nwagu Martins Emeka (Truthfulperson) claimed that he has an old Mturk account which he had created but wanted to sell. He also said that he was willing to part with the Mturk account for ₦10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) and subsequently dropped his email at my request for further negotiations.
He claimed that he was not on Whatsapp and as such I could only contact him via email or call him. We conversed further via email and he sent me his details
(Account Number: 0019850253.
Bank: Union Bank
Account name: Nwagu Martins Emeka)
On Tuesday 2nd June 2020, I made a payment of ₦10,000 to Mr. Nwagu Emeka and on the same day he gave me the details (email and password) of his “Mturk” account.

1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2020
To my utmost chagrin, when I logged into the “Mturk” account, it turned out that it wasn’t actually an Mturk account rather it was just an ordinary Amazon account. Just like with Google, when you create an Amazon account, you get access to some of their services like Mturk, but you still need to register on Mturk and get your account confirmed before you can actually do any tasks on Mturk.
In light of this, I told Mr. Nwagu Martins Emeka that the account he sold me was very USELESS as it wasn’t actually an Mturk account. I called him on the same day that I made this discovery and told him about the state of the account and told him that I want my money back and he was like OK. After that call, he (like a typical scammer he has) refused to answer my call or reply my text messages or email.
Yes, I know that some of the blame lies with me because a part of me knew that this deal was too good to be true, but from his picture that I pulled from Whatsapp, he seems like a matured individual whom I thought should have been above succumbing to theft.

Attached to this post as the conversation I had with Mr. Nwagu Martins Emeka.

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2020
The irony of this whole situation is not lost on me. Imagine getting scammed by a someone whose username is Truthfulperson?

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2020
N/b: Mr. Nwagu Emeka Martins, I’m speaking to you personally. You may not know me, but I’m an incredibly petty and vindictive person. I don’t mind spending more money to ensure that at the very least your Bank account is blocked.
Thank you.
(Account number: 0019850253.
Phone number: 07081199075

Cc: Tabbaz. Please help me to add him to the scammers list

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by etibaba(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2020
Moniker- Truthfulperson
Reality - Dubiousperson

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 08, 2020
Gmajor:
On the 1st of July 2020, I stumbled on a thread where a Nairalander was looking for someone to help create an Amazon Mechanical Turk account (Mturk) for him. On that same thread, Mr. Nwagu Martins Emeka (Truthfulperson) claimed that he has an old Mturk account which he had created but wanted to sell. He also said that he was willing to part with the Mturk account for ₦10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) and subsequently dropped his email at my request for further negotiations.
He claimed that he was not on Whatsapp and as such I could only contact him via email or call him. We conversed further via email and he sent me his details
(Account Number: 0019850253.
On Tuesday 2nd June 2020, I made a payment of ₦10,000 to Mr. Nwagu Emeka and on the same day he gave me the details (email and password) of his “Mturk” account.
We are still I June op. Or this your post will happen in the future?
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2020
BLUELemon:
We are still I June op. Or this your post will happen in the future?
Thanks for pointing that out. I've done the needful
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Or11: 9:41am On Jun 08, 2020
Opening an Mturk account is free and easy. I never heard of it until I saw your post and decided to open one. Why did you not open one yourself?

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 08, 2020
Gmajor:

Thanks for pointing that out. I've done the needful

He has a 2014 Nairaland account..NIJJAking. He also doubles as...cleanking.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2020
Or11:
Opening an Mturk account is free and easy. I never heard of it until I saw your posted and decided to open one. Why did you not open one yourself?

About three years ago or so, it was possible to open an working mturk account. These days, your application will be denied in about two days after creating the account.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2020
BLUELemon:

He has a 2014 Nairaland account..NIJJAking.

That was one of the reasons why I thought he was trustworthy. How wrong I was.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Freestainworld(m): 9:49am On Jun 08, 2020
you where lucky, it was only 10k, we should be careful not everybody in Nairaland have the same positive motives that you have, some of them came to steal and destroy.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Or11: 9:53am On Jun 08, 2020
Gmajor:

About three years ago or so, it was possible to open an working mturk account. These days, your application will be denied in about two days after creating the account.

OK, what reason do they give to deny the application?
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2020
Or11:

OK, what reason do they give to deny the application?
They don't give any reason. They just tell you that your application was denied.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Toma2: 10:32am On Jun 08, 2020
truthfulperson:

You are very stupid and an idiot for writing all this rubbish about my person,
You are a foolish stupid slowpoke , you contacted me that you needed an mturk account and i told you i have one , you asked to see the screen shot of it and i sent it to you. You said you needed it and paid payment. Same day i sent you the gmail and password for the mturk account. I dont know how it failed to meet your demand because you dont know how to make use of you it. Probably you thought of making instant millions from it. I sold you what you asked for . You are crazy to say i scammed you . I will make sure i make physical contact with you and have you severely dealt it . Idiot.
Na wa 4 U ooo.
See the way you are insulting your client.. why can't you put him through since he's a novice..
Na U be the real idiot

39 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Tabbaz(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2020
Gmajor can you expantiate please. the accused is claiming innocent
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 10:39am On Jun 08, 2020
truthfulperson:

You are very stupid and an idiot for writing all this rubbish about my person,
You are a foolish stupid slowpoke , you contacted me that you needed an mturk account and i told you i have one , you asked to see the screen shot of it and i sent it to you. You said you needed it and paid payment. Same day i sent you the gmail and password for the mturk account. I dont know how it failed to meet your demand because you dont know how to make use of you it. Probably you thought of making instant millions from it. I sold you what you asked for . You are crazy to say i scammed you . I will make sure i make physical contact with you and have you severely dealt it . Idiot.

The thief/ scammer has finally spoken up. So you can talk abi? I called you more than a million times after I told you that the account you sold to me was not registered to mturk and you never picked my call. When I called you from another number you picked and then when I introduced myself you quickly cut the call.

You created an Amazon account that could view mturk but could not accept any tasks and thus could not earn any money. Which in reality is useless.
You did not register with Mturk and your account was not accepted. So how exactly did you think it would be of use to anyone?

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by truthfulperson: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2020
Gmajor:

The thief/ scammer has finally spoken up. So you can talk abi? I called you more than a million times after I told you that the account you sold to me was not registered to mturk and you never picked my call. When I called you from another number you picked and then when I introduced myself you quickly cut the call.

You created an Amazon account that could view mturk but could not accept any tasks and thus could not earn any money. Which in reality is useless.
You did not register with Mturk and your account was not accepted. So how exactly did you think it would be of use to anyone?
You are the stupid thief and scammer, i am glad you did not deny i sold you what you demanded for , i did not scam you in any way. I sold you the mturk account and added gmail account which you demanded for. You carried out due examination of the account before you paid for it , only to call few days later that you dont want it any more. And till now you never communicated me that you wanted a refund. just watch out for me you idiot i will surely deal with you.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2020
This is what the account you sold to me says when I try to complete any task.
Mr Martins Emeka aka truthfulperson, you have a lot of guts to come here to insult me on top of my money wey you thief.
Shameless man. I'll be posting your pictures here soon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 10:47am On Jun 08, 2020
Tabbaz:

I have provided screenshots of the account. It was not registered to mturk yet he charged me money for it and has since refused to pick my calls.

I can even provide you with the login details so you can view the so called mturk account for yourself.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by truthfulperson: 10:52am On Jun 08, 2020
Gmajor:

I have provided screenshots of the account. It was not registered to mturk yet he charged me money for it and has since refused to pick my calls.

I can even provide you with the login details so you can view the so called mturk account for yourself.
Every registration that was made was done as an mturk account . It was my personal account and i sent you the password and username of both the mturk account and my personal gmail account registered with it . You should vent your fustration on yourself . You are the thief and scammer who is dubiously trying to dube me. Is not my fault in any way
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by letitrainnow(m): 11:05am On Jun 08, 2020
Hmmm, let this be settled peacefully please.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by teemotee: 11:07am On Jun 08, 2020
Gmajor:

give the details to @tabbaz or Dominique to see if the account is truly not registered on mturk and he will be added to scammers list. Nigerians Sha. call yourself truthfulperson and you dubious as fück undecided

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by mattyrukee(m): 11:13am On Jun 08, 2020
truthfulperson:

Every registration that was made was done as an mturk account . It was my personal account and i sent you the password and username of both the mturk account and my personal gmail account registered with it . You should vent your fustration on yourself . You are the thief and scammer who is dubiously trying to dube me. Is not my fault in any way

Oga truthfulperon

Have you used the account to work before?

With the screenshot he made...that account is not verified in any way.

Just a regular Amazon account.

Please confirm and log into the account yourself then make screenshot like he just did...let's see if the account is truly verified.

It's wicked to sell a Normal Amazon account to someone Na.

Reason ham urself

17 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by truthfulperson: 11:16am On Jun 08, 2020
mattyrukee:

Oga truthfulperon

Have you used the account to work before?

With the screenshot he made...that account is not verified in any way.

Just a regular Amazon account.

Please confirm and log into the account yourself then make screenshot and he just did...let's see if the account is truly verified.

It's wicked to sell and Normal Amazon account to someone Na.

Reason ham urself

Seriously i did not set out to scam or do evil to this guy. he asked for the screen shot and i sent him all details , he should have at least sent me a private email or called to say he needed his money back , i would have reasoned it with him, he only called me twice complaining that he cant use the mturk account, i felt he wanted me to start lecturing him on how to start taking surveys somthing i dont have time for . His coming now to tarnish my name is him going extreme.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 11:27am On Jun 08, 2020
Tabbaz:

Can I send you the mturk details so that you can login and see for yourself?
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Gmajor(m): 11:30am On Jun 08, 2020
truthfulperson:

Seriously i did not set out to scam or do evil to this guy. he asked for the screen shot and i sent him all details , he should have at least sent me a private email or called to say he needed his money back , i would have reasoned it with him, he only called me twice complaining that he cant use the mturk account, i felt he wanted me to start lecturing him on how to start taking surveys somthing i dont have time for . His coming now to tarnish my name is him going extreme.

After I told you about the issue with the account, I called you more than a million times and you ignored my calls. When I called you with a different number you picked it and then cut the call when I introduced myself. I also sent you emails and text messages asking for my money back.

If this is just a "misunderstanding" like you want everyone to believe, then give me back my money. It's as simple as that.

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by mattyrukee(m): 11:36am On Jun 08, 2020
truthfulperson:

Well, I understand you might be busy and coming out means something "You don't want your name to be tarnished"

It's just best to settle the issue now.

If the account isn't verified and he wants his money back then give him

As for Glamour

Maybe you aren't used to mturk cos he said ha sent you screenshot of the account before you paid.

You should have gotten one or two quarrels from there.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by Elzakzaky: 11:38am On Jun 08, 2020
A particular tribe in Nigeria is well known for its exploits in 419, scams, and drug peddling.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by otipoju(m): 11:58am On Jun 08, 2020
Scammers of this days, they will scam you and still blame you for trusting them.

That's why any Nigerian that talks business with me online or in real life ...I just ignore the person.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nwagu Martins Emeka (truthfulperson) by WalkerMichael(m): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
Sorry bro. I actually contacted him to get his mturk account but I sensed something was not right somewhere so I backed off

truthfulperson:

Drop the approval email you got from amazon as regards the successful approval of the account. I believe this should solve it.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cashapp Account With Routing Number 073 Needed / Nigeria: External Reserves Fall By $177m In 2 Weeks / Naira Appreciates, Sells At N361.5 Per Dollar At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.