Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 (21537 Views)

573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by 300wayne: 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
saraki2019:
May God help us, apart from provision of PPE for covid 19 all other issues are monetary, when you think we have heatless leaders, then the so-called populace are worst,
Come to think of it ASUU are on strike and now NMA are.going amid a pandemic.
When other country like new Zealand are coming out of the pandemic Nigerians doctors and suppose researchers are on holiday
oga keep kwayet money is a motivational factor anytime anywhere the countries u mentioned dnt u see how well they take kia of there medical personnel......
Na we be our own problem very anyhow country with anyhow human beings politicians thief money no problem but labourer ask for wetin be in own u de rant 2 month ago nasarawa state government took delivery and sheared toyota cars Worth millions to it lawmakers amid the pandemic dat same month health workers i. Doma LGA are protesting unpaid working allowances
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by sassiemyk: 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
They should strike. Nonsense politicians looting our money and the health care sector is dieing a shameful death.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by OscarJaden(m): 2:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
buygala:

Since you have pasted her number here, just forget about the girl Bro grin ...Men will pursue and overtake you...

One konjified guy here fit don call her and even propose to her grin

Chisom, I am sorry for your loss grin
sorry for his loss...lmao grin
buygala:

Since you have pasted her number here, just forget about the girl Bro grin ...Men will pursue and overtake you...

sorry for his loss...lmao
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Decimus: 2:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
Tupaq:
'Yeye dey smell. What's their usefulness before and during d pandemic. Nigeria doctors arent doing anything special, let not the govt be intimidated or buoyed by their strike threats. Most people with covid 19 are recovering by themselves without d help of any fvcking doctors.
The only doctors doing great are d European and d US doctors. Our doctors here ain't doing shvit. Infact let them go on eternal strike, Nigeria version of covid 19 is not lethal. We're OK undecided'

Stop deceiving people. Don't add the growing number of people with corona virus. Please take responsibility.
can you tell us some of those things EU and us doctors did during the pandemic that Nigerian doctors are not capable of?

Your politicians have used the pandemic to enrich themselves massively. All the donations made to the country to fight the pandemic can't even be accounted for, they looted the money and looted the materials sent all together. Or are you one of the beneficiaries of the home school feeding program?

In Nigeria, Doctors have lost many patients to small things like lack of electricity. Hold your Government responsible.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Decimus: 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
300wayne:
oga keep kwayet money is a motivational factor anytime anywhere the countries u mentioned dnt u see how well they take kia of there medical personnel......
Na we be our own problem very anyhow country with anyhow human beings politicians thief money no problem but labourer ask for wetin be in own u de rant 2 month ago nasarawa state government took delivery and sheared toyota cars Worth millions to it lawmakers amid the pandemic dat same month health workers i. Doma LGA are protesting unpaid working allowances
Many people are like him, they are not even aware of what's going on. Politicians are sending Millions to their side chicks all the time. They Will borrow money in Nigeria's name and loot it again.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
michoim:
All your demands cannot be met...there is no where all demands are met...
this is what happens when doctors strike, the doctors negotiate with government, the government makes promises, the doctors go back to work, the government doesn't fulfill the promise. The doctors become patient after many months of no show, and promise and fail. The cycle starts again
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by omokab: 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
oyeb15:
Nigeria my country. Only Jesus can fix this country.
what has he done to Jerusalem when he was alive.How many followers did he had there not to talk of condition of living in Jerusalem where he was born.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by omokab: 3:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
omokab:
what has he done to Jerusalem when he was alive.How many followers did he had there when he was alive not to talk of condition of living in Jerusalem where he was born.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Yello1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
jayworld15:
Why is it that all these unions go on strike immediately there’s an emergent situation? Even though they’re half-baked doctors, teachers, lawyers, engineers, etc. immediately there’s an emergency, that’s when you’ll see these mofos going on strike. Wickedness of the highest order. In order not to absolve FG from these crimes of negligence, inconsideration, wickedness, corruption and myopic thinking; I think FG should, even though I know it is not feasible, sort things out with them, otherwise, things would escalate beyond the “normal levels”. This will be too bad for the already SUFFERING and SMILING citizens.

It takes a half-baked individual in his or her career to spot other half-baked individual or group in his or her or their career. Let's be guided. Peopl on nairaland who are not really doing well for d country find it easier to castigate peopl wen they demand for dere benefit.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chinkos99:

+ Don't do something stupid Thanks
Done.. Mission accomplished
I hope she stays true to her promise

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
buygala:

I don chat the babe sef.. No be every guy be like dt

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Picardor2: 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
[quote author=ferdvict2 post=90441495]

Like how much? [/quot
how much are they paid
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by DonroxyII: 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
heykims:
Blame ur govt not the doctors
And nobody should talk nonsense about doctors not putting patients first, they should work with empty stomach?
27 billion naira was just approved to renovate the legislators house in Abuja.
Meanwhile hazard allowance for all doctors in Nigeria is a meagre 5000naira.
The House of Rep too bought cars immediately we welcome Covid19....
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by joyandfaith: 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
gambia:
They are not serious.
they are very serious
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by NisforNicky: 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2020
buygala:

cheesy grin

chisom ti lose iyawo loun loun
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by urchcoded(m): 3:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chinomonkey:

No..you're ignorant
There is nothing like a student doctor, either you're a doctor or you're a student ..the joke is on you..go and check out the meaning of a houseofficer..I don't need to school you further
I don't need more schooling. I agree with you. I'll replace the student with inexperienced.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by rotadeco27: 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
thaotech:

I'm lost

How much are they actually collecting? :-
Help me ask him oooo
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by NisforNicky: 3:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
timekeeper1:

I don chat the babe sef.. No be every guy be like dt
you be human being..
kudos!
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by rotadeco27: 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
-It is rumoured that the presidential task force (PTF) receives #450k per day ( not month) as allowance per person . Whereas health workers , pre covid 19, are on 5k hazard allowance per month ( flat rate ) for all, irrespective of your status.
When the pandemic started , with heat from the senate president , the hazard allowance was reviewed as follow
* 70% of basic salary for all front line workers
* 50% of basic salary for other clinical staff that are not front line workers
* 10% of basic salary for non clinical hospital staff.
The government promised to kick off the payment from March and review it again after the pandemic ( till now nothing has been paid)
- life insurance for health workers was also part of the demands
More than 10 doctors have died from this virus with hundrends exposed ( even myself ) and over 300 infected ( figure of the infected health workers are surely under reported)
In my centre currently, about 5 resident doctors are receiving treatment in our isolation unit
No PPE , most of the time ,we buy face shield, mask etc out of pockets ( some people are smiling at their bank accounts every blessed day )
* You need to know that many of the resident doctors are young , with little children , wives , husband , old parents at home , experience with LASA FEVER has shown that this country is not worth dying for
Most of the structures in our secondary and territory hospitals are dead . surgeons, most of the time we bring our Instruments to operate patients ( if not you will contaminate the wound with your sweat!)
- When the pandemic started federal government ordered that the retired but still viable health workers should be temporarily called back to service to support in fighting the virus ; alas , Jos university teaching hospital (JUTH) sacked about 26 resident doctors claiming they have out stayed their welcome in the training
- WHAT NOW PROMPTED THIS ACTION ?
About 3 days ago, the PTF , had a meeting with NARD , the out come of the meeting was that there is no money in the federation purse to pay the health workers as promised , life insurance ,not done.
They claimed they have to revisit the agreement , however that the federal government is planing something robust for the health workers .
27billion naira was just approved, to renovate the national Assembly
Very huge amount of money was just given out to renovate NTA
It is obvious that this pandemic has not taught us any lesion as a nation .
Obviously when the boarders are opened, they will resume the medical tourism as usual.
The only language they understand is industrial action!
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by DEADALIVE: 4:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
Smart dude...dem wan cashout...
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by jayworld15(m): 4:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
Yello1:

It takes a half-baked individual in his or her career to spot other half-baked individual or group in his or her or their career. Let's be guided. Peopl on nairaland who are not really doing well for d country find it easier to castigate peopl wen they demand for dere benefit.

You typed good until I got to the last sentence to realize you are such a great half-baked. It is “when” and “their” not “wen” and “dere.

You can’t be using a constructive English in your write up with two inappropriate pidginized words in the above. It is illogical. I understand CODE-SWITCHING and CODE-MIXING but yours above belongs to none of them.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by stanvesco(m): 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
jayworld15:
Why is it that all these unions go on strike immediately there’s an emergent situation? Even though they’re half-baked doctors, teachers, lawyers, engineers, etc. immediately there’s an emergency, that’s when you’ll see these mofos going on strike. Wickedness of the highest order. In order not to absolve FG from these crimes of negligence, inconsideration, wickedness, corruption and myopic thinking; I think FG should, even though I know it is not feasible, sort things out with them, otherwise, things would escalate beyond the “normal levels”. This will be too bad for the already SUFFERING and SMILING citizens.

Before we engage you kindly show us ur Nce certificate and if it's better than mine,we can den go ahead to match ur bsc with my mbbs!

Mtchewwww
Half baked kill u dia....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by jayworld15(m): 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
eni4real:
Empty rant undecided

Do you know the meaning of rant?
That’s no rant there if you know its meaning.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by DicksonMax: 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
I sincerely blame you... When Nigerians ask for their right.. You rant.. I am in support of NARD strike action.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by jayworld15(m): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
O

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Lovelypet28: 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
urchcoded:
he's a student doctor
Your very ignorant, he has finished six years of schooling, he is under compulsory 1 year medical training and the so called student doctor is the first person that will attend to you as there is hierarchy, have some respect.
I support this strike, there are so many doctors that cant even pay rent anymore, lives first, yes but that why it's called employment, there is meant to be a form of remuneration, calls everything, being exposed to all sorts of hazards shouldn't be free.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Aksnoopy: 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
urchcoded:
is it only doctors that are paid in naira? Is it only medical school that is costly to graduate from? Is it only doctors that are owed salaries? Why use sick patients as a ransom to get money? Especially when all the patients both in private and public hospitals pay outrageous bills.
So #200k for an house officer and #200k + for a medical officer or junior reg is money to you abi? Do you know how much medical doctors and other healthcare practitioners are paid in some other African countries? Going on strike is the only way NMA can press home their demands and how can you strike without downing tools? Don't blame doctors and other healthcare practitioners whenever they go on strike, rather blame your irresponsible government. In saner climes, the government doesn't wait until worker start pressing for demands before they do the needful, they have a designated ministry for that, and that's the ministry of Labour. Haven't you read about how physicians in Canada rejected an increase in their pay? No government or employer has the right to deduct arbitrarily from the wages or salaries of their employees without their prior consent, it doesn't happen anywhere Stop defending an irresponsible government.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by urchcoded(m): 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aksnoopy:
So #200k for an house officer and #200k + for a medical officer or junior reg is money to you about? Do you know how much medical doctors and other healthcare practitioners are in some other African countries? Going on strike if the only way NMA can press home their demands and how you you strike without downing tools? Don't blame doctors and other healthcare practitioners whenever they go on strike, blame your irresponsible government. In saner climes, the government doesn't wait until worker start pressing for demand before they do the needful, they have a designated ministry for that, and that's the ministry of Labour. Haven't you read about how physicians in Canada rejected an increase in their pay? No government or employer has the right to deduct arbitrarily from the wages or salaries of their employees without their consent, it doesn't happen anywhere Stop defending an irresponsible government.

The problem is medical practicioners think they are d only people dat deserved to be payed more. My brother I ask again. Is it only medical practicioners that are underpaid?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
jayworld15:

Do you know the meaning of rant?
That’s no rant there if you know its meaning.
Ok
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Lovelypet28: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
jayworld15:

You’re talking about MBBS? Oh damn shit! You got me remembered when a doctor here in Ibadan diagnosed me of what I didn’t have. I spent a lot of money doing ECG, ECHO and other tests, only for results to come back normal. All the best in your practice.

Yes you have to undergo all these investigations, so he can take an informed decision, medicine is not magic and sometimes errors are made, it happens even in the western world.
Stop castigating doctors in nigeria, they work with so little, get paid peanuts and sometimes are physically abused, most nigerians are just ungrateful.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Aksnoopy: 4:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
urchcoded:

The problem is medical practicioners think they are d only people dat deserved to be payed more. My brother I ask again. Is it only medical practicioners that are underpaid?
They ain't the only people who deserves to be paid more, but they know how to press home their demands bearing in mind their value and what they have to offer to the society. Medical and healthcare practitioners are different from others, because they are trained based on a global standard of practise. Their is a fundamental aspect of practising that you have to know as a medical or healthcare practitioner and it's a global standard, that's why they practise with license. As a matter of fact no one wants to stay in Nigeria and practise in a long run, most wants to make some money to fund their movement to where their services and skills are in high demand and well appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by jayworld15(m): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Lovelypet28:

Yes you have to undergo all these investigations, so he can take an informed decision, medicine is not magic and sometimes errors are made, it happens even in the western world.
Stop castigating doctors in nigeria, they work with so little, get paid peanuts and sometimes are physically abused, most nigerians are just ungrateful.

I castigated not only them but others holding this nation backward. I really did not want to generalize but in a case where generality is used, it means most are to be checked. The nation needs them in this pandemic or scamdemic (as the case may be) not for them to just abandon the poor victims of the disease (if it is real). Well, STRIKE is a weapon in the hands of individual or individuals to make known his/her/their demands. I understand that but we should not politicized lives with our demands. Like I said, the generality is mostly on individuals, even in the universities, there are many lackadaisical professionals who ought not to have been there but due to the loopholes in Nigeria, we now see them there managing the affairs of citadels of learning.
If at all you’re enraged, I beg for your pardon. I’m sorry for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

High Cost Of Medical Care: Asthmatic Patient Cries As Seretide Sells For ₦52,000 / Lockdown: Abia Government Gives 7-Day Extension / Madagascar's Covid-Organics Can’t Cure COVID-19, Only Cures Cough – Ehanire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.