Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South (1149 Views)

Youth Groups In Sokoto, Kebbi And Zamfara Rally Against #endsars / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Binikingdowm: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2020
I think these are all the igbos clans in "south south" region of nigeria.

But I think opopo and bonny claim ijaw.

1]Abi/Legbo(Cross river state)
2]Ekpeye/Ekpāhia(Rivers state)
3]Ogba(Rivers state)
4]Ndoni(Rivers state)
5]Egbema(Rivers state)
6]Ikwerre(Rivers state)
7]Etche/Omuma(Rivers state)
8]Obigbo(Rivers state)
9]Opobo(Rivers state)
10]Bonny(Rivers state)
11]Ika(Anioma state)
12]Enuani(Anioma state)
13]Ukwuani(Anioma state)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by JonDon12: 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
Please educate me on where ise ulukwu, asaba, ibusa , agbor stand. Also there is no anioma state yet.
Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by warripekin(m): 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Where is igbanke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Binikingdowm: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
warripekin:
Where is igbanke
I think they added it with ika(anioma state)

2 Likes

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by LabDNA: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
I thought yorubas claimed there are no Igbo/Igboid groups in Rivers and Delta. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Chimaraymond455: 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Please my Igbo brothers and lovers of igbos please learn to ignore thread like this,,, so have sworn an oath never allow the igbos to be especially in nairaland. it's high time for igbos to start ignoring all this childish thread,,, we know who we are,, igbos have gone beyond all this childish thread,, please whenever you see South South this, Southeast that, igbos this Niger Delta that,,, please let's begin to show them seniority by ignoring it....enemies of the igbos are everywhere now trying their best to divide the igbos and cause hate between the igbos and their riverine brothers against 2023 presidency.... Thanks.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Ekwutox: 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
Binikingdowm:

[s]1]Abi/Legbo(Cross river state)
3]Ogba(Rivers state)
4]Ndoni(Rivers state)
5]Egbema(Rivers state)
6]Ikwerre(Rivers state)
8]Obigbo(Rivers state)
9]Opobo(Rivers state)
10]Bonny(Rivers state)
11]Ika(Anioma state)[/s]
12]Enuani(Anioma state)
13]Ukwuani(Anioma state)

You this bini boy, stop posting nonsense here.
Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
warripekin:
Where is igbanke

The igbankes are settlers and not indigenes of Edo state.
No Igbo sub group in Niger Delta

2 Likes

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
Stop deceiving yourselves.
There are no Igbos in south south but rather there are sub Yoruba groups in south south like the Itsekiris and the Okpe of Delta and Akoko of Edo state.

2 Likes

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by AsabaIjaww: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
[s]
Ebenezer2O2O:

[/s]
Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by AsabaIjaww: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
[s]
Ebenezer2O2O:
Stop deceiving yourselves.
There are no Igbos in south south but rather there are sub Yoruba groups in south south like the Itsekiris and the Okpe of Delta and Akoko of Edo state.
[/s]
Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2020
Binikingdowm:

1]Abi/Legbo(Cross river state)
3]Ogba(Rivers state)
4]Ndoni(Rivers state)
5]Egbema(Rivers state)
6]Ikwerre(Rivers state)
8]Obigbo(Rivers state)
9]Opobo(Rivers state)
10]Bonny(Rivers state)
11]Ika(Anioma state)
12]Enuani(Anioma state)
13]Ukwuani(Anioma state)

One message I have been trying to pass since last year is "not every group or clan is homogenous, in Nigeria"

I am from Imo state and I need you to know that Bonny and Opopo nkoro is not pure Ijaw or Igbo.
Those groups are mixture of both the two ethnic groups, above.

Ndoni, Ukwuani, Ndokwa are one Igbo clan like Onicha, Owerri, Nnewi, Ohafia, Nsukka.
Forget the fact that river Niger separates their land, and the different name they bear.

Again, the Igbo groups in southeast, such as Onitsha and Oguta that claim Bini Kingdom origin are right and wrong the same time.

NB: Bini and Bini Kingdom are two different things, though the Binis were the chairmen in the kingdom.

It is well known that the old kingdom of Bini was made of different ethnic groups; Ikas, Urhobos, Esans, Afemais, Etsakos, Oguta, Onitsha were all part of it.
So, if Oguta or Onitsha tell you that the are from Bini Kingdom just believe it, but if they tell you that from Bini ethnic group, believe me they are lying.

2 Likes

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by fairwayboy: 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
There is no place called Obigbo in Rivers State. You can visit Oyigbo if u want to, must u pronounce everything in ur village language and then claim it as ur own?

1 Like

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kwon1999:

[s]One message I have been trying to pass since last year is "not every group or clan is homogenous, in Nigeria"

I am from Imo state and I need you to know that Bonny and Opopo nkoro is not pure Ijaw or Igbo.
Those groups are mixture of both the two ethnic groups, above.

Ndoni, Ukwuani, Ndokwa are one Igbo clan like Onicha, Owerri, Nnewi, Ohafia, Nsukka.
Forget the fact that river Niger separates their land, and the different name they bear.

Again, the Igbo groups in southeast, such as Onitsha and Oguta that claim Bini Kingdom origin are right and wrong the same time.

NB: Bini and Bini Kingdom are two different things, though the Binis were the chairmen in the kingdom.

It is well known that the old kingdom of Bini was made of different ethnic groups; Ikas, Urhobos, Esans, Afemais, Etsakos, Oguta, Onitsha were all part of it.
So, if Oguta or Onitsha tell you that the are from Bini Kingdom just believe it, but if they tell you that from Bini ethnic group, believe me they are lying. [/s]

Go back to school.

Nobody empowers nkogheri this days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by ahaz: 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chimaraymond455:
Please my Igbo brothers and lovers of igbos please learn to ignore thread like this,,, so have sworn an oath never allow the igbos to be especially in nairaland. it's high time for igbos to start ignoring all this childish thread,,, we know who we are,, igbos have gone beyond all this childish thread,, please whenever you see South South this, Southeast that, igbos this Niger Delta that,,, please let's begin to show them seniority by ignoring it....enemies of the igbos are everywhere now trying their best to divide the igbos and cause hate between the igbos and their riverine brothers against 2023 presidency.... Thanks.
my brother you are so on point..the name Igbo is killing them faster than we taught

1 Like

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Tripoli(m): 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chimaraymond455:

Until Igbo realise that they are the enemy of themselves, Niger Delta people and Nigeria and free themselves they will remain slave in this country.

You have no brothers in the riverine

1 Like

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Tripoli(m): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:

Don't mind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Tripoli(m): 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
ahaz:
my brother you are so on point..the name Igbo is killing them faster than we taught

As the name Niger Delta has ravaged your minds anytime you hear it

1 Like

Re: The List Of Igbos Groups In The South South by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 09, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Go back to school.

Nobody empowers nkogheri this days.

I have been reading your posts here for months and I am not surprised that your mental illness could allow you to cancel my post.

I have seen where you insult Efiks, Ndigbo, Yoruba, People from Akwa Ibom, Ijaws and Edo people, but I keep on acting as if I didn't notice it.

Today, I will advise you to ask your people to take you to a mental asylum to examine you.

I just hope the workers in the psychiatrist will collect this phone you have been typing nonsense with, for years, once you are giving room there.

Juliusmalema, Meleszenawi, Osagyefo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Probe: N28million Payment To Falana, Interest Earned On Recoveries Re-loote / Is Geoffrey Onyema Nigeria's Most Ineffective Foreign Minister? / 1 Year After Yakubu The Pap Producer Was Mocked For Doing Pap Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.