Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba (49608 Views)

Emeka Nwajiuba: Striking ASUU Members Shouldn’t Be Paid – Education Minister / IPPIS: Some Lecturers Got Excess Salaries, Had To Refund – Emeka Nwajiuba / WAEC Conducts Exams In Chibok Schools After 6 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by ijustdey: 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
The Federal Government has said that schools may reopen in the country after the ban on interstate movement has been lifted.

The government said that it was been careful not to lead Nigerians into danger as Nigeria continues to record increased cases.

It pointed out that some countries that opened schools hurriedly shut them when their cases spiked.

Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba stated this during the briefing by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja on Monday.

He stated that the government had not published any date for school reopening as being speculated on the social media.

The federal government had in March shut all schools in the country as part of measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

The minister said: “We want to open when it is safe to do so. We have heard about neighbouring countries that opened and shut. We have heard about cases spiking with children getting into school. Of all the things I will like to do, I will not like to experiment with your children.

“We want a situation where once we are sure it is safe, we can then take them into school.

“I have just finished a meeting with the representatives of WAEC and NABTEB and I understand how that worries our parents at the moment and how anxious our children are to know what next.

“As soon as those in charge of the blockade lift it because there is no way we can open our schools if teachers can’t come.

“So, we are looking at somewhere after the interstate lockdown is lifted. Because we will need that kind of openness for the children to move.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-considers-reopening-schools-after-interstate-travel-ban/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
God bless buhari and Boss Mustapha.
If it was a PDP government in power by now Nigerians would have gone extinct.
Even with new cases they only need one motto
"TO LOOT"

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by AsabaIjaww: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
[s]
Ebenezer2O2O:
God bless buhari
[/s]

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Amotolongbo(f): 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:
[s]God bless buhari and Boss Mustapha.
If it was a PDP government in power by now Nigerians would have gone extinct.
Even with new cases they only need one motto
"TO LOOT" [/s]
But Nigeria didn’t go extinct when Ebola, a deadlier disease than COVID19, got to Nigeria?

You surely need the intervention of the Incredible Dr Pol of the Nat Geo Wild

428 Likes 29 Shares

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by iKingsley(m): 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hmm, the irony of life.

When we had less than 200 cases of coronavirus we went on lockdown; now, it's over 12k cases and we are disengaging the lockdown.

Las las, we go dey alright!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:
But Nigeria didn’t go extinct during Ebola
That is because Ebola wasn't a pandemic and wasn't as viral and contagious as COVID-19

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Amotolongbo(f): 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:
That is because Ebola wasn't a pandemic and wasn't as viral and contagious as COVID-19
You seriously lack the knowledge of how the virus ravaged Congo and other places in Africa.

The reason why Ebola wasn’t pandemic bores down to the origin of the virus. It was easy stopping the citizens of the ravaged countries from traveling out of the countries to another country. It was easy placing ban on DR Congo, Liberia et el cos they don’t really contribute to the economic development of other countries. How many of their citizens are investors outside their countries?

National origin of Corona virus is China. The Chinese are present in almost every nations on earth as expatriates and investors. They have infiltrated every nation with their investment and so difficult for countries to lay ban on them immediately the virus broke out last year.

If corona virus has started in an economical insignificant country, there is a very high tendency that it may not spread out to all continents to be declared a pandemic

260 Likes 15 Shares

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by FlordFlorez(m): 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
So anytime after June 21. Thank God. Where are my books sef.

14 Likes

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by AsabaIjaww: 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
[s]
Ebenezer2O2O:
[/s]

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 09, 2020
Be4 ucredit then on this move, just HV it in kind that, their children doesn't attend schs here.
Which mean, their families are safe. Most of their children sch abroads, etc.. and USA, etc hvnt yet open sch.
Which means, the masses here are the real ones exposed to this great risk.. so be4 u credit them of this action.. dear kindly think well/ deep.
Shallom

17 Likes

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Nobody: 3:51am On Jun 09, 2020
And remember, Sch here are damn congested. Except few schs.
If USA, open sch now. Believe me you, Nigeria will also open asap undecided undecided undecided.
Comparing USA's steps to Niger steps is like comparing life to death undecided undecided undecided.
Their schs there are not as congested as we hv here, they are orderly..etc.
But here undecided undecided lipsrsealed, no think am at all.. I repeat, this step, na masses go suffer am most lipsrsealed undecided undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by youngblaq: 5:14am On Jun 09, 2020
Of all the things I will like to do, I will not like to experiment with your children.

“We want a situation where once we are sure it is safe, we can then take them into school.

Charlatans!
Of course his/their children are not in the public schools.

12 Likes

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by helinues: 5:16am On Jun 09, 2020
And no clues about the resumption date... undecided
Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by edo3(m): 5:19am On Jun 09, 2020
Hmmmmmm
Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by ThatFairGuy: 5:28am On Jun 09, 2020
My fear is on those primary school pupils, the older one can indulge themselves well on PREVENTIVE MEASURES as it's the ONLY option now. We can't continue locking everything down.

4 Likes

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by ignis: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2020
Let them continue deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Ipromote: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2020
I only hope all precautionary measures are in place and taken seriously.

Boost sales through Social med marketing. Hit me up
Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Slawormir: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Nasir123(m): 7:53am On Jun 09, 2020
Finally the eye dey clear small small.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by espn(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2020
Open tertiary institutions first...

5 Likes

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by EzzyCarter: 7:54am On Jun 09, 2020
Hopefully, reopening schools will not lead to a second wave sad. Imagine a lecture theater meant for 500 students with 1500 students squeezed in. It is well!

11 Likes

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by iCauseTrouble: 7:54am On Jun 09, 2020
angry
Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Chinomonkey: 7:54am On Jun 09, 2020
They should just do
Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by gambia(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2020
Its long over due.

1 Like

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by sageer1706(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2020
It overdue biko

1 Like

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 09, 2020
.. Better
Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by IbrahimSkiba(f): 7:55am On Jun 09, 2020
cry

Pls it's time they removed the interstate ban.

No be small suffer I see for road while I was traveling...

In order words...

PLEASE HELP ME

2 Likes

Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by NaijaFutbol: 7:55am On Jun 09, 2020
Hmmm
Re: We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba by Elslim: 7:55am On Jun 09, 2020
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bad Things You Did In Secondary School? / 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches / Student Enters In A Tunnel Because Of Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.