Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

What's the cure for Nyctophobia? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's the cure for Nyctophobia? (751 Views)

Meaning Of Nyctophobia And How To Conquer It / Meaning Of Nyctophobia And How To Conquer It / How To Use Scent Leaves (efinrin) As Cure For Malaria | Daily Family NG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by AiteeAitee: 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
I suspect it has do with the fact that I've always slept with mum in my room from childhood up to secondary school level (asthma attacks at night were frequent).

Now, at university level I can't sleep alone. I get extra scared when it rains. It's raining now and my earphones are blasting music to block out the thunder outside.

I need the light to fall asleep too else my head makes up pictures from darkness.
It's really childish at my age and I don't want this stuff to go on till marriage (how would I dispel my kids' fear when I fear too?)

What do I do to end this?

1 Like

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Righteousness89(m): 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
What you need is to do away with the Spirit of Fear! Fear is a tool of the devil to torment and deprive you of Rest

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Come to JESUS in Total Repentance and Surrender!

Read your Bible and pray in the Name of JESUS before you sleep!

You will begin to enjoy a New you

4 Likes

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by lilbarracuda(m): 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
just get sleeping pills
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by SUPERPACK: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Get a solar lamp of 3500 and your problem will be history.

1 Like

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by FlordFlorez(m): 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2020
lilbarracuda:
just get sleeping pills
not advisable. Frequent use is harmful. Op, ur case is not even spiritual. Its just something that's part of u from childhood. Im sorry to say, u might live with it forever or atleast for very long time. Maybe u start staying/living with someone close to u.

2 Likes

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
What you need to disperse is the Spirit of Fear!

For GOD has not given us the Spirit of Fear, but of Love, of Joy and a Sound Mind..

You are wrongly quoting that scripture. I'd have left you alone but misrepresenting the truth is worse than no truth at all,hopefully understand that my intent is one that is good. Paul here warns of those who through their fear of missing out on life in eternity indulge and advice others to add onto the faith we have in Christ through their religious practices. The hope we have is a sure one and is seen by the spirit of Christ which is the power, love etc that we are able to live through and for him and so we need not fear that our salvation is not certain after all we have and live through the spirit of Christ and hence the hope of sharing his glory is a certain one.

Please curb and sanctify some of your comments henceforth so that the truth of God would not be taken for granted or misconstrued by unstable minds.
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Righteousness89(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
Dignity5:

You are wrongly quoting that scripture. I'd have left you alone but misrepresenting the truth is worse than no truth at all,hopefully understand that my intent is one that is good. Paul here warns of those who through their fear of missing out on life in eternity indulge and advice others to add onto the faith we have in Christ through their religious practices. The hope we have is a sure one and is seen by the spirit of Christ which is the power, love etc that we are able to live through and for him and so we need not fear that our salvation is not certain after all we have and live through the spirit that life of Christ and hence the hope of sharing his glory is a certain one.

Please curb and sanctify some of your comments henceforth so that the truth of God would not be taken for granted or misconstrued by unstable minds.

Thank you and GOD BLESS U!

But to be Sincere sir, it seems u are Confused!

I don't know how ur Summation relates to mine..

All the same GOD Bless you

1 Like

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Righteousness89:

Thank you and GOD BLESS U!

But to be Sincere sir, it seems u are Confused!

I don't know how ur Summation relates to mine..

All the same GOD Bless you

You are quoting Paul on her thread no? How does that relate to her Fear of the dark? Or do you not know that what you quoted earlier is from 2 Timothy 1:7?

What Paul said is not for Child-like adults who have not out grown their fear of sleeping in the dark.
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Vyzz: 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
Stop watching supernaturals
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Shinny1: 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
Op everybody gets scared of the dark one or twice in his/her life but what matters is how you handles it...

In the midst of the dark always imagine the positive things instead of the negative things...

Consciously speak in tongues in the dark if you can speak in tongues...

And most importantly never stop praying about it

1 Like

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Righteousness89(m): 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Dignity5:

You are quoting Paul on her thread no? How does that relate to her Fear of the dark? Or do you not know that what you quoted earlier is from 2 Timothy 1:7?

What Paul said is not for Child-like adults who have not out grown their fear of sleeping in the dark.

Bro!That's why I say u seem to be Confused!

How does quoting a passage in the Bible become a crime?

Is your Bible a Story book? Or just a Literature?

I really don't understand the Christianity some of u claim to be..

Be blessed bro..

2 Likes

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
Righteousness89:

Bro!That's why I say u seem to be Confused!

How does quoting a passage in the Bible become a crime?

Is your Bible a Story book? Or just a Literature?

I really don't understand the Christianity some of u claim to be..

Be blessed bro..

The Bible is not a bedtime story for those who are afraid of the dark. It should be revered as the Holy word of God that it is and taking it's words out of context is the worse thing you can do. How can i be your bro if you do not see this>?

I think my point is made, enough comment on this.
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Righteousness89(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Dignity5:

The Bible is not a bedtime story for those who are afraid of the dark. It should be revered as the Holy word of God that it is and taking it's words out of context is the worse thing you can do. How can i be your bro if you do not see this>?

My Brother you need Some Help and Counseling!

I don't think you know what The Bible is!

Awake from grammar...

devil , Challenges of life do not listen to grammar.. what they understand is Power!

The Bible is Power of GOD To Save, to Deliver, to Heal, to Bless, to do all things!

Grab any passage in the Bible that relates to your Matter, Belive it apply it, Hold on to it! It Will surely Come to Pass

Stop all these unnecessary grammars and dead Christianity!

1 Like

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by JOACHINpedro: 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
You are mommy's girl. Not bad thou. cheesy
Try doing evening jogging it will help you fall asleep at night.
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by mrkings84(m): 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
What you need is to do away with the Spirit of Fear!

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

.si

So does this answer his question on "how do I deal with fear"?
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by crazygod(m): 11:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
@righteousness 89 and dignity5 I don't know what you guys are debating about? There is no contest here biko.
@Op there is a guy that said he you should get a solar lamp or you buy a dim light rechargeable lamp or the ones that uses battery. Don't worry, its not a sickness, you are just used to sleeping that way. I'm sure you also have phobia for horror movies abi? wink
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by mrkings84(m): 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
Fear is a spirit. You can't overcome it without involving a stronger spirit which is the Holy Spirit.
And the only sure way is always asking Jesus to be with u. Remember you can only do this if u have surrendered your life to him.

Don't allow the devil to cage u with the spirit of fear for too long.

In case u want to surrender your life to Him just quote and me and I will lead you through. Have a peaceful night!
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by LordShiva97(m): 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
“do the things you fear, and the death of fear is certain.”
I have forgotten the name of the person who made this quote.
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by AiteeAitee: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2020
LordShiva97:
“do the things you fear, and the death of fear is certain.”

I have forgotten the name of the person who made this quote.

Hi, I tried this many times in thd past and I always feel like something or someone is about to appear in the dark and harm me. The last time I tried it, I ran out of my bed for no reason and went to my mum's room.
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by AiteeAitee: 9:46am On Jun 09, 2020
mrkings84:
Fear is a spirit. You can't overcome it without involving a stronger spirit which is the Holy Spirit.
And the only sure way is always asking Jesus to be with u. Remember you can only do this if u have surrendered your life to him.

Don't allow the devil to cage u with the spirit of fear for too long.

In case u want to surrender your life to Him just quote and me and I will lead you through. Have a peaceful night!
I doubt this is spiritual sir because I'm a born again Christian and I don't live in secret sin.
I think it is more mental.
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Mariangeles(f): 9:46am On Jun 09, 2020
Dignity5:

You need to learn how the power of the word of God works and how to use it to your advantage.
A WORD OR VERSE CAN BE APPLIED IN DIFFERENT SITUATION, so long as it addresses it.
2Peter 1:20 says "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation"

1 Like

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by AiteeAitee: 10:02am On Jun 09, 2020
Vyzz:
Stop watching supernaturals
My dear, I've never had the heart to watch horror movies. When I was twelve years old, I and my friend watched Witches of East End at night. There's a scene at the end where Ingrid's brother came out of hell to earth. It wasn't even scary to my friend as she slept off once nepa took the light.

You needed to see me that night. I kept seeing the hell on the opposite wall and the person walking to maybe grab me off the bed grin . I think I died that night. That scene still haunts me sometimes.
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Vyzz: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2020
AiteeAitee:

My dear, I've never had the heart to watch horror movies. When I was twelve years old, I and my friend watched Witches of East End at night. There's a scene at the end where Ingrid's brother came out of hell to earth. It wasn't even scary to my friend as she slept off once nepa took the light.

You needed to see me that night. I kept seeing the hell on the opposite wall and the person walking to maybe grab me off the bed grin . I think I died that night. That scene still haunts me sometimes.

. There is another solution....

grin

Due to me understanding what you are passing through

I will ask u to sleep with me

It helps sleeping with people, loneliness can also put fear in people's mind
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by LordShiva97(m): 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
AiteeAitee:

Hi, I tried this many times in thd past and I always feel like something or someone is about to appear in the dark and harm me. The last time I tried it, I ran out of my bed for no reason and went to my mum's room.

Hilarious, you probably have an overactive imagination or you always overthink. It's very easy for the human brain to make out very convincing weird shapes and forms in the dark which scares us. It's all our imaginations and none of them exist, it's very common, especially in childhood but most people outgrow it, it seems you haven't.

You have to convince yourself, you have to tune into your rational side. There is nothing in the dark, there are no demons lurking in the shadows, waiting for you to close your eyes so they'll snatch your soul, there are no otherworldly creatures with fangs and claws hiding under your bed. It's all in your head, inside the TV or on the pages of books. It's just darkness, it's just the lack of light photons, it's just the deprivation of our most reliable and dependable sense organ.

You have to face it though, the only way to defeat your fear is to confront it. Not run away.

1 Like

Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
Mariangeles:

You need to learn how the power of the word of God works and how to use it to your advantage.
A WORD OR VERSE CAN BE APPLIED IN DIFFERENT SITUATION, so long as it addresses it.
2Peter 1:20 says[b]"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation"[/b]

Mariangeles, you are quoting Peter here and still do not understand where am coming from? The bolded concludes that if prophecy or the word of God did not come by sheer human will then how can it be interpreted as such as it's being done here?

The Word, not you or me alone reserves full clarity of it's context. Put it out of your heart to arbitrarily decide what to interpret it as suit your condition. If you do not see in context what is not about you, you will guaranteed miss what is about you for it is one and in the same spirit that gives this understanding.

I have much to say concerning this, i do not mind if you can pm as well as @Righteousness89.
Re: What's the cure for Nyctophobia? by mrkings84(m): 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
AiteeAitee:

I doubt this is spiritual sir because I'm a born again Christian and I don't live in secret sin.
I think it is more mental.

Nice then, get someone close to counsel you. You will be fine. Cheers!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Often Have Neck And Shoulder Pains? See The Solution / How Many Types Of Sleep Disorders Are There? / 20 People Found Dead On Boat Drifting In Turks And Caicos, Authorities Say.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.