Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Hyundai owners Discussion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai owners Discussion (50269 Views)

O2 Sensors Spacers Discussion-Effective or not On 07 & Above Vehicles. / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed - Be The First To See The First Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hello my people, welcome to this thread.

If you own a Hyundai or owned one before, drove one before or plan to get one....welcome.

We can share experiences and any other information.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
I own a Santa Fe and it surely is a good drive. I hope to enjoy the car without much issues.

Share your experience if you've driven a Santa Fe before

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nonhuman(m): 7:06am On Jun 09, 2020
I own a Tucson its a rugged car powerful engine

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by blackbone989(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2020
Don't own but like those � eyes on 05 but was told it's expensive to maintain. I no b Toyota fan
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 11:18am On Jun 09, 2020
nonhuman:
I own a Tucson its a rugged car powerful engine
Nice one. I almost got a Tucson before I finally went for Santa Fe

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 11:20am On Jun 09, 2020
blackbone989:
Don't own but like those � eyes on 05 but was told it's expensive to maintain. I no b Toyota fan
Yea I'm not a Toyota fan either. The Santa Fe is a good car and IMO I don't think it's expensive to maintain. It is a V6 SUV, so maintenance cost shouldn't be compared to a Corolla of same year
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nymphomaniac(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2020
Turn the thread to a Hyundai thread jor. I own an accent. OP, where do you service your car?

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
nymphomaniac:
Turn the thread to a Hyundai thread jor. I own an accent. OP, where do you service your car?
Hey bro, I've modified the topic to accommodate all Hyundai owners.

As for servicing, I just got the Santa Fe a few weeks ago so I am yet to decide.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by DadR: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hi, trust you're good.

Please do you have an idea of the general cost of maintenance for a 2015 Accent, cost of engine and gear ? Any typical issues with it?

Thanks

nymphomaniac:
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by thaqib(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
I need advice on Hyundai Elantra 07 / 08. Anything to worry about as I m about to get one...

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nymphomaniac(m): 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
DadR:
Hi, trust you're good.

Please do you have an idea of the general cost of maintenance for a 2015 Accent, cost of engine and gear ? Any typical issues with it?

Thanks

I use an 08. I’ll mention Gazzuzz so he can talk more on this but speaking from my tiny experience, the maintenance is pocket friendly though it depends on the state of the car when bought.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 11:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
thaqib:
I need advice on Hyundai Elantra 07 / 08. Anything to worry about as I m about to get one...
My colleague owns an Elantra, though I ain't sure of the year.

She hasn't had issues with the car from what I know and she's been driving it for about 5 years now.

Just make sure the car is in a good condition before you buy and service it regularly

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by DadR: 12:38am On Jun 10, 2020
Thanks for the feedback.

nymphomaniac:
I use an 08. I’ll mention Gazzuzz so he can talk more on this but speaking from my tiny experience, the maintenance is pocket friendly though it depends on the state of the car when bought.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by supaflex: 1:21am On Jun 10, 2020
I own a 2014 Hyundai elantra...solid and rugged car, not even a shock change..at almost 6 years..just normal oil change..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 11:00am On Jun 10, 2020
blackbone989:
BHyundai:
Yea I'm not a Toyota fan either. The Santa Fe is a good car and IMO I don't think it's expensive to maintain. It is a V6 SUV, so maintenance cost shouldn't be compared to a Corolla of same year

Una never start Una want start beefing mode.

When Toyota fans invade Una thread Una no go find am funny.

6 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Mokelu: 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
kingreign:

Tell them mbok
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by 9icetoo(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
kingreign:

I swear. I don't know what pains them about that brand. The hate eh. grin

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by SchoolPedia: 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
supaflex:
I own a 2014 Hyundai elantra...solid and rugged car, not even a shock change..at almost 6 years..just normal oil change..

Bought brand new or a toks?

How is the fuel consumption in comparisons with corolla?

I am believing God to get one by God's grace soon.

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
SchoolPedia:

Insecurity again. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
I'd gladly derail this thread personally.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
kingreign:

lol @ beefing.

Toyota is a good brand, that's why it must be mentioned in almost all car discussions......no beefing at all

4 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nurey(m): 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
DadR:
Hi, trust you're good.

Thanks

if your accent isn't the 2.0L then your engine cost around 650k, I don't know the gear cost sha. Also thise lower litre engine especially bought brand new in naija with 1.6L engine, the engine was built not to be repaired so any overheating that is severe, that is the beginning of the end.

Then the compressor of those years give up the ghost anything around 100k km mileage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
BHyundai:
lol @ beefing.

Toyota is a good brand, that's why it must be mentioned in almost all car discussions......no beefing at all
damage control ehn?
grin

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by SchoolPedia: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
kingreign:

Insecurity again. grin

I am seriously asking bro as i own a corolla.

I am looking at another one.

4 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by mustydeen(m): 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
DadR:
Hi, trust you're good.

Thanks

grin

You want to know the general cost of maintenance. Then boom, the cost of engine.

You wouldn't need to buy another engine if yours is well maintained.

And maintenance, is such a easy thing to follow through with if one is dutiful about it.

- Use the right Engine oil and change as at when due

- Don't let your brake pads get to see the last inch before replacing them

- Ensure all fluids are changed after service lives. Brake fluid, transmission fluid, Coolant, Power steering fluid, axle oils etc.

- Don't ever drive your car with any MIL light on the dash. No it is not normal. Check engine, abs, srs, vsf, AFs, caution, etc.

- Your engine won't last forever, there are specific millages you will need to Change timing chains, water pumps, rollers, tensioners, etc And yes they dont need to break before you do.

- Get at least a generic obd2 diagnostic tool. Start from one.

- Get a professional to handle your repairs. If you need to tell him what to do, then he is not one.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by DadR: 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
Thanks for the feedback nurey & mustydeen.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by supaflex: 6:05am On Jun 11, 2020
SchoolPedia:

Bought brand new bro

4 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2020
kingreign:
damage control ehn?
grin
Nope
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by bendovex: 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
thaqib:
Nice car. I own the 08/09 Elantra, I've had it for a while now. Was actually bought brand new in 2009. Awesome fuel economy, better than corolla in that regard. Very reliable car.

12 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
bendovex:

Nice car. I own the 08/09 Elantra, I've had it for a while now. Was actually bought brand new in 2009. Awesome fuel economy, better than corolla in that regard. Very reliable car.
Nice review, thanks

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by iokpebholo: 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
nurey:

if your accent isn't the 2.0L then your engine cost around 650k, I don't know the gear cost sha. Also thise lower litre engine especially bought brand new in naija with 1.6L engine, the engine was built not to be repaired so any overheating that is severe, that is the beginning of the end.

Then the compressor of those years give up the ghost anything around 100k km mileage
This what I hate in hyandai cars,engine too dey cost joor
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by PrinceDave001(m): 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
thaqib:
Oga nurey,please what's the cost of the engine and gearbox of this car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood / Working On A Clients Car, An Then I Saw This / Is Innoson IVM G80 A Rebadged Chinese-Made BAIC BJ80 SUV? See The Similarities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.