Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Hyundai owners Discussion - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai owners Discussion (50260 Views)

O2 Sensors Spacers Discussion-Effective or not On 07 & Above Vehicles. / 11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed - Be The First To See The First Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by PrinceDave001(m): 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
bendovex:

Nice car. I own the 08/09 Elantra, I've had it for a while now. Was actually bought brand new in 2009. Awesome fuel economy, better than corolla in that regard. Very reliable car.
11 years,wow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nurey(m): 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
PrinceDave001:

Oga nurey,please what's the cost of the engine and gearbox of this car.

no idea for that, ask gazzuzzlogistic and be specific about the engine 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by bendovex: 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
PrinceDave001:

11 years,wow.
Awesome car. Still rides like it was just bought yesterday. Every component still works.

9 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by PrinceDave001(m): 12:46am On Jun 12, 2020
nurey:

no idea for that, ask gazzuzzlogistic and be specific about the engine 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0
Engine size 2.0, I'm really interested in getting that car if I choose economy over luxury,although I know I wont get the power of my accord from the Elantra. But if I choose luxery,I'm thinking of either a lexus es330 or 09 accord-2.4 engine.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by thaqib(m): 4:49am On Jun 12, 2020
PrinceDave001:

11 years,wow.
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nurey(m): 6:38am On Jun 12, 2020
PrinceDave001:

Engine size 2.0, I'm really interested in getting that car if I choose economy over luxury,although I know I wont get the power of my accord from the Elantra. But if I choose luxery,I'm thinking of either a lexus es330 or 09 accord-2.4 engine.

I believe the 2.0L should be around 350k for replacement.

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nonhuman(m): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2020
Has anyone used the Hyundai sonata 2007 - 08, I looking to get one soon does it have any issues of note

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by DadR: 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
Chief, can someone switch from 1.6L to 2.0L engine?

nurey:

I believe the 2.0L should be around 350k for replacement.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by NaijadrivaCars: 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
There is a 2012 Sonata that people I know who own Toyota, Mercedes etc still add to their fleet.
And I learnt it is expensive, even Toks.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nurey(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
DadR:
Chief, can someone switch from 1.6L to 2.0L engine?

yes you can if the vehicle in question was offered with one. you just buy the engine, ECU and fuse box and you swap.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by DadR: 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thanks for the feedback.

For clarity and to be sure I understand you clearly.

If one uses a 2015 Accent 1.6L engine and the engine gets damaged, one can purchase a 2.0L engine, ECU and fuse box, and swap without any issues or side effects?

2.0L engine costs how much please?

Regards,

nurey:

yes you can if the vehicle in question was offered with one. you just buy the engine, ECU and fuse box and you swap.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by nurey(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
DadR:
Thanks for the feedback.

For clarity and to be sure I understand you clearly.

If one uses a 2015 Accent 1.6L engine and the engine gets damaged, one can purchase a 2.0L engine, ECU and fuse box, and swap without any issues or side effects?

2.0L engine costs how much please?

Regards,

yes you can swap without issues it would fit nicely but you may still need other minor addition like radiator, engine seat, AC units etc only the technician will determine that.

I don't know the price of the 2.0L engine but should be cheaper than the 1.6L engine
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by DadR: 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thanks a bunch.

nurey:

yes you can swap without issues it would fit nicely but you may still need other minor addition like radiator, engine seat, AC units etc only the technician will determine that.

I don't know the price of the 2.0L engine but should be cheaper than the 1.6L engine
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kavey10(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2020
I am a fan of the Hyundai Sonata of 2007-2010. I love the luxurious look.

I see Toyota Corolla everywhere but it doesn't give the satisfaction a Sonata gives personally.

I intend getting this soon, is there anything I should be looking out for and what to avoid.

Please share your experience and views, thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2020
kavey10:
I am a fan of the Hyundai Sonata of 2007-2010. I love the luxurious look.

I see Toyota Corolla everywhere but it doesn't give the satisfaction a Sonata gives personally.

I intend getting this soon, is there anything I should be looking out for and what to avoid.

Please share your experience and views, thank you.

This trash of a car is what you're comparing with a lower classed Toyota?
Lol
This car compares with a Camry and a Camry is miles ahead of this car.
And o yes, there's nothing luxurious about that tin can scrap.

Continue, I'm loving this comparison.

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kavey10(m): 9:45am On Jun 13, 2020
[s]
kingreign:

This trash of a car is what you're comparing with a lower classed Toyota?
Lol
This car compares with a Camry and a Camry is miles ahead of this car.
And o yes, there's nothing luxurious about that tin can scrap.

Continue, I'm loving this comparison.
[/s]

You'll be ignored, you're not worth my time.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 10:06am On Jun 13, 2020
kavey10:
[s][/s]

You'll be ignored, you're not worth my time.
You're pained and groaning for the obvious truth I said. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kavey10(m): 10:08am On Jun 13, 2020
kingreign:

You're pained and groaning for the obvious truth I said. Lol.

k

13 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 10:14am On Jun 13, 2020
kavey10:

k
Whatever!
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2020
As long as a Toyota is brought to compare any Korean brand, I'd be invited upon to slam my sledge hammer.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2020
Thread isn't up to 3pages yet, over 5 mentions of Toyota. This goes to show the inferiority of such brands comparing with toyota

1 Like

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by kingreign(m): 10:17am On Jun 13, 2020
Thread isn't up to 3pages yet, over 5 mentions of Toyota. This goes to show the inferiority of such brands comparing with toyota.
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by mejai(m): 10:29am On Jun 13, 2020
kingreign:
Thread isn't up to 3pages yet, over 5 mentions of Toyota. This goes to show the inferiority of such brands comparing with toyota.
king,leave them nah

life is about comparison

Toyota attacked Mercedes

now

Koreans wan attack Toyota

life goes on

7 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by BHyundai(m): 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
One thing I like about SUVs in general is the ground clearance. The Santa Fe is quite good in ground clearance.

I love saloon cars but for now, I can't totally avoid waterlogged streets in this Lagos. That's why I opt for SUV

4 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by theoilguy: 9:43am On Jun 15, 2020
USA import Mobil extended performance now available in all variants..

Contact on signature..
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by chukel(m): 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
There is a 2012 Sonata that people I know who own Toyota, Mercedes etc still add to their fleet.
And I learnt it is expensive, even Toks.
this uses a gdi engine. You wouldn't want to go there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Carfreak966: 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
Has anyone used the Hyundai sonata 2007 - 08, I looking to get one soon does it have any issues of note
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by SWORD419(m): 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
Is it true that hyundai also have a timing belt?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by idtwo: 10:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carfreak966:
Sonata is a good deal mostly, just be careful to pick one that has not been manhandled by the previous owner. It makes sense to have it checked out by a competent mechanic before you make your final decision. However, avoid sonata 2011- 2012/2013. I read on the internet sometime back that the 2011 sonata was one of the worst cars Hyundai made. Had some many complaints by buyers. You may check this up on owners review of Hyundai sonata 2011. It should still be available on the net. But Hyundai has since then learnt her lesson and made good corrections. Availability of parts maybe a small issue if you aren't in Lagos or Abuja but the Hyundai sonata is a reliable, affordable car with very good fuel economy. I so testify. grin

6 Likes

Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Conductor261: 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
nonhuman:
I own a Tucson its a rugged car powerful engine
Powerful compared to what...corolla?
140-173 horsepower powerful?
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by Conductor261: 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carfreak966:
Flee
Re: Hyundai owners Discussion by chukel(m): 7:00am On Jun 21, 2020
idtwo:

Sonata is a good deal mostly, just be careful to pick one that has not been manhandled by the previous owner. It makes sense to have it checked out by a competent mechanic before you make your final decision. However, avoid sonata 2011- 2012/2013. I read on the internet sometime back that the 2011 sonata was one of the worst cars Hyundai made. Had some many complaints by buyers. You may check this up on owners review of Hyundai sonata 2011. It should still be available on the net. But Hyundai has since then learnt her lesson and made good corrections. Availability of parts maybe a small issue if you aren't in Lagos or Abuja but the Hyundai sonata is a reliable, affordable car with very good fuel economy. I so testify. grin
it's the engine. They introduced the gdi engine in 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood / Working On A Clients Car, An Then I Saw This / Is Innoson IVM G80 A Rebadged Chinese-Made BAIC BJ80 SUV? See The Similarities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.