Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,860 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:00 AM

My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum (2449 Views)

I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Auladimeji(m): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
If your daddy/mummy had trained your elder brother not to be a simp,this rubbish won't had happened
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by frozen70(f): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
TimmyEEE:
My elder brother has a girlfriend whom I can call his fiance , because our parents know about it and they are getting married very soon

We live very close , his girlfriend's parent house is directly opposite ours,so she comes to our house virtually everyday

It happened that last Sunday , the girl, her younger sister , her mum , and my mum had to come home together after the Church service. Both mums were carrying bags , her younger sister collected from her own mum. Courtesy demands that she collects the bag from my mum not because she is her mother-in-law to be , but she is also well older than her mum. She didn't collect the bag from her.she once did the same thing and I heard my mum reporting her to my dad.she does other things that show she doesn't have respect for my mum

This one she did last Sunday got my mum to report her to my brother and I was even surprised that my brother couldn't even say what I expected him to say. He was like " she(my mum) should have called her and correct her rather than coming to him"

They ( my bro and his girlfriend) went somewhere together on Sunday and they came back later at night. He actually told her about what my mum said.when they got back at night
, they both went inside the room before she could even come out and beg my mum( she didn't even kneel down)

Since then, my brother hasn't been talking well to my mum.I wonder why.

Also,I expected the girl to come and beg my mum to show she was actually sorry , but she didn't even mention about it

I'm really pissed off right now
What do you say about this please?

Some ladies can be naughty and if their men are weakly, it makes it worse
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by kamez(m): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
I have a cousin who is married to a woman that acts just like ur mum...

the thing about such women is that they always stir up Uncecessary trouble..

as an elder when someone young enough to be your daughter offends you, the right thing to do is to call her to order as calmly as possible just the same way you would have acted towards ur own daughter.. instead of trying to sow seed of discord in ur sons mind and to all and sundry ...

what would it have cost ur mum if she had called ur brothers fiancee right there, hand over the bag to her and "say plz my daughter help me carry it"

of course she will go ahead and carry it, and even feel guilty that it never crossed her mind to do so earlier. and next time she will probably use her head so as not to be called out again...

if ur mum had asked her to carry the bag and she refused then y'all would have had good reasons to react..

u guys should stop making a mountain out of a mole hill

10 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Oladayo12(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Your mum is the problem here @OP, she has no business reporting her to her son. the moment your mum start seeing her as her own daughter then i guess the problem is half solved. why can't she call her to order in a calm and loving manner? even her son told her exactly the same. @OP please dont have that mentality that your brother's wife to be is a slave o, she's someone daughter o. Pls don't quote me out of context, i never said the lady in question is not guilty, but i strongly believe if there's love peace will outrightly reign, make her your friend, see her as your sister. and see if peace will reign or not. you guys should please erase that thought off your mind including your mum o, i mean the thought of your brother should not marry her becos she's not a good wife to be, leave that to your brother to decide no be una. FINALLY, please tell your brother to move out of that place, he should not marry there o to avoid see finish, let him get accommodation else where with his wife to be and live peacefully.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by dominique(f): 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2020
If the lady loves herself she will flee from this family. What stopped the mum from telling her daughter in-law to be to help her carry her bag right there? She had to go and do family meeting on top carrying of bag. This is a kind of family that will be expect a woman to worship them because she married into them

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Ishilove: 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
When I see elders on the road I have to physically restrain myself from going over to them to help carry their bags, especially when I'm rushing to work. If i can do this with total strangers, how much more my own prospective mother in law? Then the said mother-in-law complained to your brother and she didn't have the humility to apologise (even if she didn't mean the apology but there are certain things you need to do for peace to reign. Call madman 'husband' so he can allow you pass) This your brother's girlfriend no get home training plus she is not humble. If this is what she is doing now, I wonder what she will do when she eventually marries into the family... The mama is obviously not even close to the girl, which is why she didn't chastise her directly but had to report to her son instead. Not a good sign.

As for the kneeling down, I don't subscribe to that shit_. Don't push it.

Modified- The girl apologised, but seeing the kind of family she is entering into, she needs wisdom to handle them. Girls of nowadays no dey hear word. When entering a difficult family, don't 'give them chance to enter you' (even though they will always find fault. All these talk could have been avoided if she had just simply carried the fvcking bag. Be humble!!)

The bitter truth is when you are marrying into a family, you aren't marrying the man alone. You also have to contend with the people who raised him and you're going to be dealing with them for the rest of your married life so avoid things that will give them an avenue to accuse you of bringing division into the family.
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by extremelygolden: 11:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
Even in this 21st Century?

Let's assume she's Otedola's daughter or a high profile Politician's daughter, will you still expect her to run, carry bag and also kneel to say sorry?

Ogbeni, respect yourself ooo.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by mission08: 1:14am On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:
When I see elders on the road I have to physically restrain myself from going over to them to help carry their bags, especially when I'm rushing to work. If i can do this with total strangers, how much more my own prospective mother in law? Then the said mother-in-law complained to your brother and she didn't have the humility to apologise (even if she didn't mean the apology but there are certain things you need to do for peace to reign. Call madman 'husband' so he can allow you pass) This your brother's girlfriend no get home training plus she is not humble. If this is what she is doing now, I wonder what she will do when she eventually marries into the family... The mama is obviously not even close to the girl, which is why she didn't chastise her directly but had to report to her son instead. Not a good sign.

As for the kneeling down, I don't subscribe to that shit_. Don't push it.

She actually apologised but didn't kneel down while doing it.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by cococandy(f): 2:11am On Jun 10, 2020
The fact that she apologized but it wasn’t enough for you guys tells me all I need to know.
Y’all are the ones with the problems.

I was reading all what you posted and trying to see what was disrespectful about her behavior but then someone said it’s a Yoruba thing so I thought to myself ‘oh well, maybe it’s a valid thing in your side’ . I can’t relate but I guess she also thought she had done something wrong for her to apologize for.

Her apology is not accepted because she didn’t kneel down? And her offense is not even that she fought with your mom or insulted her? Sigh.

9 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Ishilove: 4:07am On Jun 10, 2020
mission08:

She actually apologised but didn't kneel down while doing it.
Oh, I saw this part below before commenting.

Also,I expected the girl to come and beg my mum to show she was actually sorry , but she didn't even mention about it
I had to go and read it again. So, OP is complaining that she didn't kneel down to beg after she beg the beg?? The op and his mama get their own blame too. Negodu fuckery.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Billionsclub: 5:39am On Jun 10, 2020
Some women like to create unnecessary quarrel that might lead to discord to the whole family. Imagine she has succeeded in putting hatred in your mind. I feel sorry for you bro.
She should have given her the bag to carry or call her when they get home and correct her politely. The mouth she has used to narrate her to her husband and children,if she channels that same mouth to call her and speak to her politely, she will understand. Women like sowing discord. You should call your mom and talk to her and as for your brother he should leave that house because familiarity breeds see finish

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by sayisayi(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2020
Keep on loading wahala for your head. By the age of 30, your forehead go look like yam surface.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Corporate2020: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
We4all:
You guys seem like the petty type (your mom inclusive). I guess this is what plays out when your would be mother in-law is your next door neighbour. Let the poor girl be, and stop making a mountain out of a mole hill!

You will make a bad husband
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
Na Dusty family members get wahala pass!!! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:06am On Jun 11, 2020
kamez:
I have a cousin who is married to a woman that acts just like ur mum...

the thing about such women is that they always stir up Uncecessary trouble..

as an elder when someone young enough to be your daughter offends you, the right thing to do is to call her to order as calmly as possible just the same way you would have acted towards ur own daughter.. instead of trying to sow seed of discord in ur sons mind and to all and sundry ...

what would it have cost ur mum if she had called ur brothers fiancee right there, hand over the bag to her and "say plz my daughter help me carry it"

of course she will go ahead and carry it, and even feel guilty that it never crossed her mind to do so earlier. and next time she will probably use her head so as not to be called out again...

if ur mum had asked her to carry the bag and she refused then y'all would have had good reasons to react..

u guys should stop making a mountain out of a mole hill

Apt!!!

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:14am On Jun 11, 2020
extremelygolden:
Even in this 21st Century?

Let's assume she's Otedola's daughter or a high profile Politician's daughter, will you still expect her to run, carry bag and also kneel to say sorry?

Ogbeni, respect yourself ooo.

Otedola's daughter will carry the bag and also kneel to say sorry, why? Because she is Yoruba and it shows respect, case in point Cuppy, if you've seen her reality show, you will know she respects her elders, the rich doesnt get a pass when it comes to certain things, what a rich person can do, a poor person can do it too, or are you saying only poor people are respectful? What a wack way of thinking.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by comtem2011: 9:56am On Jun 11, 2020
Mother-in-law with their trouble, I can relate.
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by callmeRichie(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2020
[quote author=TimmyEEE post=90476341]

Your brother is holding a Live Wire!!! If she can disrespect your mother, she can disrespect anyone of you.

I don't know where our ladies were getting these mentalities from sef! Later they would be forming one stupid British charisma and culture!

Talk to your brother, you're not too young to correct him if you love him! Pinpoint the red signals like this to him, before he regrets later!
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by extremelygolden: 11:26am On Jun 11, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Otedola's daughter will carry the bag and also kneel to say sorry, why? Because she is Yoruba and it shows respect, case in point Cuppy, if you've seen her reality show, you will know she respects her elders, the rich doesnt get a pass when it comes to certain things, what a rich person can do, a poor person can do it too, or are you saying only poor people are respectful? What a wack way of thinking.

Thank you, Madam.

Now, do have a nice day.
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2020
extremelygolden:

Thank you, Madam.

Now, do have a nice day.

You too.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Lamanii22(f): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2020
aeion:
You're simply creating non-existent issues because these scenarios don't depict any disrespect at all.

It does according to the Yoruba culture..... Maybe the OP's mom is one of those very cultured Yoruba women... I have many of them in my area lol... The OP's brother's wife should just try to be humble... She should try to know OP's MOM's likes and dislikes...
Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Mariangeles(f): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
TimmyEEE:
My elder brother has a girlfriend whom I can call his fiance , because our parents know about it and they are getting married very soon

We live very close , his girlfriend's parent house is directly opposite ours,so she comes to our house virtually everyday

It happened that last Sunday , the girl, her younger sister , her mum , and my mum had to come home together after the Church service. Both mums were carrying bags , her younger sister collected from her own mum. Courtesy demands that she collects the bag from my mum not because she is her mother-in-law to be , but she is also well older than her mum. She didn't collect the bag from her.she once did the same thing and I heard my mum reporting her to my dad.she does other things that show she doesn't have respect for my mum

This one she did last Sunday got my mum to report her to my brother and I was even surprised that my brother couldn't even say what I expected him to say. He was like " she(my mum) should have called her and correct her rather than coming to him"

They ( my bro and his girlfriend) went somewhere together on Sunday and they came back later at night. He actually told her about what my mum said.when they got back at night
, they both went inside the room before she could even come out and beg my mum( she didn't even kneel down)

Since then, my brother hasn't been talking well to my mum.I wonder why.

I'm really pissed off right now
What do you say about this please?

I know you mean well for your mum, but your mum should've corrected her then, instead of taking the matter to your brother.
Also, try not to get too involved.

1 Like

Re: My Brother's Girlfriend Is Disrespecting My Mum by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
This your bros relationship is disguising to me. How can you live in a family house and dating an opposite neighbour for marriage?. omg. People get mind ooh. How can you and your family and entire in-laws be seing each other every day... There'll be no respect here. Total SEE FINISH will Bleep you guys up.. Your brother is just a stupid guy. He has no respect for your family.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Met FFK'S Enstranged Wife In Court Today / Three Ways To Approach Any Woman You Love For Marriage / Get Rid Of Baby Eczema Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.