Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos (433 Views)

Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Pay Estimated Billing For Electricity If I’m President / Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others / NERC Stops Estimated Billing By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by ogododo: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission on Tuesday issued notices of intention to sanction seven distribution companies over their alleged failure to comply with the Order 197/2020 which placed limits on estimated bills that can be issued by Discos to unmetered customers.

In a statement, the regulator said Benin, Enugu, Eko, Ikeja, Kano, Kaduna, and Port Harcourt Discos have 14 days beginning from June 4 to explain why they should not be penalised over their alleged non-compliance.

In the order which took effect on February 20, 2020, NERC had said it cancelled the Estimated Billing Methodology Regulation as a basis for computing the consumption of unmetered customers by the discos.

The commission said all unmetered R2 and C1 customers should not be invoiced for the consumption of energy beyond the cap stipulated by it.

[

R2 customers are residential customers who consume more than 50 kilowatt-hour in a month (single phase and three-phase), while C1 customers are small businesses (single and three-phase).

“A consumer of XYZ Disco resident in White Acre under R2 (single phase) tariff class has an energy cap of 78 kilowatt-hour per month and a tariff of N42 per kilowatt-hour. The maximum that XYZ Disco can invoice such a customer is 78kWhr x N24/kWhr = N1,872 per month,” NERC said.

It said all other customers on higher tariff classes must be metered by Discos no later than April 30, 2020, adding customers would not be liable to pay any estimated bill issued if the Discos failed to supply meters.

“The customer shall remain connected to supply without further payment to the Discos until a meter is installed on the premises under the framework work of MAP Regulations or any other financing arrangement approved by the commission,” NERC added.

https://punchng.com/estimated-billing-nerc-queries-ikeja-electric-six-discos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by Runaway: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by TransflectTP(m): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
OK ok
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by SLAP44: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by lwise(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
Is this true.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by edoairways: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
NERC when you done barking let me know
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by hisgrace090: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
Not when nerc have been known as a toothless bulldog by all.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by jidamsel43(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nigeria , a country in the world, where every abnormal things are normal and normal things are abnormal
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by Anijay1212(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
Una see dis Naija so? Na only God fit settle this electricity matter for us.
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by budaatum: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
edoairways:
NERC when you done barking let me know
If, they done barking they should let you know so when they done barking you can bark for yourself.

In fact, I am certain, you are barking now. For there's no way you won't have the sense in your head but to join in and bark for what is better for you.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by primeache: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
If you think NERC is a toothless bulldog you are wrong.
I have had them intervened though their process was slow, it was worth it in the end.
I think Nigerians should rally round NERC on this issue, but then majority are cowards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by edoairways: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
budaatum:

If, they done barking they should let you know so when they done barking you can bark for yourself.

In fact, I am certain, you are barking now. For there's no way you won't have the sense in your head but to join in and bark for what is better for you.
NERC is one of the toothless regulatory body I have ever seen in Nigeria, NCC is better than them.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by edoairways: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
Anijay1212:
Una see dis Naija so? Na only God fit settle this electricity matter for us.
angry angry angry angry angry
God will not fix it for us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by Anijay1212(m): 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
edoairways:

God will not fix it for us
Pray tell me what we have been able to fix and maintain in this country since independence.
Nothing my brother so i have decided to look up to God.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by budaatum: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
edoairways:

NERC is one of the toothless regulatory body I have ever seen in Nigeria, NCC is better than them.

https://www.nairaland.com/5913228/free-book-first-20-people

Quick! Before it runs out. It might make you understand how formidable the enemy is.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC Queries Ikeja Electric, Six Discos by budaatum: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
primeache:
If you think NERC is a toothless bulldog you are wrong.
I have had them intervened though their process was slow, it was worth it in the end.
I think Nigerians should rally round NERC on this issue, but then majority are cowards.
10 whole likes for you! First one ever!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Return Power To A Southern Christian In 2023 Or...says BYLN / Another Protest Rocks Kastina Over Insecurity(photo) / Edo Is Not Lagos (political Mantra For Obaseki 2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.