Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others (17621 Views)

Exchange Rate: NERC To Increase Price Of Prepaid Meters / NERC To Begin Another Electricity Tariff Review / NERC To Begin Mass Metering On May 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by etokhana: 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission has issued notices of intention to commence enforcement action against Seven electricity distribution companies over their failure to comply with the Order 197/2020 on capping of unmetered R2 and C1 electricity customers.

The Discos are Benin, Enugu, Eko, Ikeja,Kano, Kaduna and Port Harcourt.

The Discos have 14 days beginning from June 4, 2020, to explain why the Commission should not sanction them over their alleged non-compliance.

https://twitter.com/NERCNG/status/1270323580610502656?s=19

6 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Roundpeg: 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
That's good

8 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by dominique(f): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
Abuja DISCO should have been included every single DISCO is guilty of this

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by ThinkB4mention(f): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hmm
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by money121(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Scammer

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by otokx(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Why have they refused to provide meters for consumers?

24 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by bayotwice(f): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
H
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by miniziter(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
I surely know my BEDC will be there.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Kingpele(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
I don't know why they can't provide meters for their own clients.. Even when u pay for one, it will take them eternity to put it for u, this is one of the corruption of our past leaders, people that are not ready for business, you sold off national assets to them because they are your friends and associates, even this Oder will not be observed and nothing will happen, this NERC are just toothless bulldogs...

17 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by kayswag100(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
dominique:
Abuja DISCO should have been included every single DISCO is guilty of this

Your right. Styl pay 7k every month as they've refused to deliver meters to our block of flats

3 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by ThereIsHopeee: 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Way to go!
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Abuja disco is the best.

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Donald3d(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
please do

We almost had a "fight" with IBEDC officials today.
Every month they keep increasing the bill, yet power keeps getting worse.Its very annoying.

The entire power sector should be privatized. Look at what happened in the telecom sector, competition has forced them to render better and cheaper services over time.

Fix power in Nigeria and see the economy pick up.

The Nigerian government likes being penny wise, pound foolish, just to extort the average Nigerian .

As a work-from-home programmer , I can just imagine how much I would have spent on fuel if I didn't wake up on time to get an inverter .

How can I be paying for something that is almost non-existent

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
Up NEPA!!!

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by larryeffizy1(m): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nig my country my country... Diff stories every day....
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Prodigee: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good one. Make dem provide prepaid meters, lailai na war

2 Likes

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Dottore: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by ForeThinker: 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
What to do..... !!!

But this one HarsH small sha...

Weytin I know sef ?

I jux dey my dey like Dele...

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Galactico4ever(m): 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
God bless NEPA.Who else enjoyed shouting UP NEPA as a kid? cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Dupalmer: 5:54pm On Jun 09, 2020
Enugu and Rivers State are the worst
Their licenses should be revoked an the company should be made to refund the outrageous extortion on users

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Emmastan291: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
FG should do more for Nigerians regarding electricity issues...We deserve better...Many businesses will blossom if there is consistent electricity in Nigeria as a country...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Chogzee(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
This is Nigeria, Don't be surprise NERC is part of the problem. Nigeria is so bleeped up as regards the power sector, just forget it. #CashOutLoading4NERC
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Franklyspeakin: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lols EEDC Eko and Ik3na must dey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by otomatic(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
More action, less talk.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by ecolime(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
About the right time.

Infact, I am about to escalate EKEDC matter to NERC before dem use estimated bill pursue me back to village.

I received a bill of N43k in April (up from N10k fixed rate), I complained and was promised a reduction in May. Lo and behold I received N21k bill this evening for a small flat.

For their eyes N21k is small money. Applied for prepaid meter over a year ago yet no show till now.

Mad people.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by dammyhtviberex: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
nonsense
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by jplusnaira: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
This is just gra gra by NERC. At the end they no go fit do anything to them after the usual things exchange hands.

What a shit hole of a country. Nonsense.
Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by Decolonel(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
See pot calling kettle black. Werey confused ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Estimated Billing: NERC To Sanction EKEDC, 6 Others by princeade86(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
Good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FCTA Speaks On Rumoured Boko Haram Attack In Abuja / 2023: Tinubu Will Get 70 Percent Of South- East Votes - Afegbua / Mother Of Slain Chiadika Writes A Petition To Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.