Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? (926 Views)

UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK / Pls I Need Reliable Travel Agent That Can Help With Canada Working Permit / Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by tolajay: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
Let me start from the end.

Right now, my father has a heart problem due to the shock of failed migration abroad after spending millions of Naira through a travel agent.

2005: The urge to travel abroad was so intense, given the pecks that come with living and working abroad.

We got to know of a travel agent through a family friend, who assured us that the agent has good network, influence and track record to help actualise the dream of travelling abroad.

So, we started application process to the United Kingdom.

Money were expended, time committed and hope expressed.

After spending above the estimated fee, the agent kept asking for more. My parents sold up five plots of land to raise funds to give to the agent.

Long story short, the whole process ended in futility. More lost, time wasted, hope dismissed, trust shattered.

Till date, I and my family members still abhor anyone that tags him/herself a travel agent...My father will never recover from the effect of the dubious travel agent.

Please share your story/experience with travel agents, either positive or negative.
Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by Davash222(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
You see all these travel agents that talks too much, avoid them!

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by tolajay: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hahahaha!

Talk is cheap, right?

Davash222:
You see all these travel agents that talks too much, avoid them!
Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
Any travel agent wey scam you just make sure you know his full name go give baba lambe the travel agent go beg you make you come collect your money grin when you say you don't want to do wicked things you will surely see people who will ask for it
Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by deleson: 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sorry about your misfortune.

As always, fake agents cash out on people with desperation, ignorance and nativity.

Secrecy is another tool they use. They tell their victims not to tell anyone so it won't cast. But all na format.

People need to be more enlightened and thoughtful about things, migration inclusive.

Consult people wey sabi.

In fact, a lot of travelling processes can now be done online by anybody without the assistance of any agent.

tolajay:
Let me start from the end.

Right now, my father has a heart problem due to the shock of failed migration abroad after spending millions of Naira through a travel agent.

2005: The urge to travel abroad was so intense, given the pecks that come with living and working abroad.

We got to know of a travel agent through a family friend, who assured us that the agent has good network, influence and track record to help actualise the dream of travelling abroad.

So, we started application process to the United Kingdom.

Money were expended, time committed and hope expressed.

After spending above the estimated fee, the agent kept asking for more. My parents sold up five plots of land to raise funds to give to the agent.

Long story short, the whole process ended in futility. More lost, time wasted, hope dismissed, trust shattered.

Till date, I and my family members still abhor anyone that tags him/herself a travel agent...My father will never recover from the effect of the dubious travel agent.

Please share your story/experience with travel agents, either positive or negative.
Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by tolajay: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
Your points are valid.

If I knew the things I know now, I'm certain we won't have fallen victim of the agent's antics.

As I look back, I see that we were naive, desperate and ignorant.

You know we refused to tell one of our uncles who'd travelled severally. We were hoping we'd surprise when the processing is completed.

Anyway, we surprised him but in a negative way. grin

deleson:
Sorry about your misfortune.

As always, fake agents cash out on people with desperation, ignorance and nativity.

Secrecy is another tool they use. They tell their victims not to tell anyone so it won't cast. But all na format.

People need to be more enlightened and thoughtful about things, migration inclusive.

Consult people wey sabi.

In fact, a lot of travelling processes can now be done online by anybody without the assistance of any agent.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by walkwithgod(m): 10:08am On Jun 10, 2020
Why do you need a Travel Agent when you have the internet and YouTube ?

What is the purpose of Google on a smartphone ?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by Deltayankeeboi: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2020
I'm here to read comments.
Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by tolajay: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2020
LOL!

That's applicable to those who believe and patronise juju men.

But I believe in karma, posterity and natural principles of life.

Quite sure he'll live to rip everything he's done.

ZINIBANKS:
Any travel agent wey scam you just make sure you know his full name go give baba lambe the travel agent go beg you make you come collect your money grin when you say you don't want to do wicked things you will surely see people who will ask for it
Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by tolajay: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2020
Well, that sounds like an option now.

Back then, knowledge was not this decentralised. You'd even need to go to a cybercafe to upload documents or check mails.

Plus these things were fuelled by ignorance, desperation, naivity and secrecy.

This generation has no excuse for failure...Too many resources are available at the click of a button, only the lazy will regret.

walkwithgod:
Why do you need a Travel Agent when you have the internet and YouTube ?

What is the purpose of Google on a smartphone ?

Re: What's Your Experience With A Travel Agent? by mamatwiny(f): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
If you want to use an agent, use a registered agent wey Sabi. Make sure you know someone that has used the same agent and the person has already gotten the visa and is in the country you intend to relocate, not that the person is still processing ....
Review! Review!! Review!!!

In as much as we need to do it ourselves, sometimes use of licensed /registered agents are necessary to save time and emotional trauma. A friend of mine was married to another friend( a US citizen by birth ) but the guy is based in naija. She applied to travel to USA on tourist visa for honeymoon and was denied. She applied like 3 more times for tourist visa and was denied those 3 times. She ended giving birth to their first child in Naija. It was on the 4th trial that the merciful visa officer told her the reason. She was married to a US citizen and the hubby should file for her. As I speak with you she is now in USA .

If she had consulted a qualified /licensed agent, she would have been adequately advised to apply for the spousal visa or fiance visa ( for the honeymoon ) . She would have done her honeymoon in USA and her first child would have been born there.

The problem is that a lot of us use oluwole visa agents that will forge documents and even put you in more trouble. Many years ago,my cousin was banned from applying for UK Visa for 10yrs cos the agent used oluwole documents

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Why Does Passport Officers charge Way Higher Than Online Cost / Shocking:Racism Is Alive And Well In America(photos) / Venezuela!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.