Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,524 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

My Experience With My Landlord - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With My Landlord (698 Views)

My Landlord's Daughter Does This And It Affects Me Seriously... / I Caught My Brother And My Landlord's Wife On The Bed / See This Landlord's Wife Bleeping Her Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With My Landlord by Iamemma(m): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
I got a self contain apartment this year, January Precisely. I paid a total of #261,000, 230000 as the rent, 11k for tenancy agreement and 20k for Agent.

Early this week my landlord invited OSPAC to the compound, with their guns and he told me that he has leased the building and I have one week to move out that he will pay for the new accomodation,that I should provide my account details which I did there.

Before providing the account details I told him to hold on so I can get a new place and confirm the amount they are willing to take. To my greatest surprise he transferred 160k, which I called his attention to the fact that the money was not enough if he is to give me one week,for which he said he can't do anything again.

I had to contact a lawyer when OSPAC personels started calling to intimidate and harrass me. My lawyer told him clearly to provide his account details so I can transfer his money back, or fullfull his promise or allow me to exhaust my tenancy. The next day as early as 4 am he invaded my home and arrested me and my fiance,we were both detained and thrown in the cell, the police refused us access to our mobiles or to call our lawyers.

They later brought me out and told me to make a statement, all this time I was already stripped, when he later came they asked us to explain which I did and they told me I am wrong that I should vacate the house,that I am stubborn, that why did I provide my account details and all what not, I tried to call there attention to the fact that my lawyer contacted him via a letter informing him to provide his account details so I can return the money.

The police took 20k to bail us and sent us away.

I am not satisfied,lawyers do I have a case?
Re: My Experience With My Landlord by SirMichael1: 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
No, you don't have a case except there was a tenancy agreement that prevents you from being kicked out and the only case you'd have is that the time frame he gave you is too small. 3 months is the minimum required duration.

you shouldn't have sent your account details to him. Although he paid you 7k over what should have pay you and that's good, so, take the money and move.
Re: My Experience With My Landlord by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
What kind of useless landlord is that?

I hope you get a good landlord. You will remain in that house till your rent expires and he will pay you for the harrasment. Please, just get a good lawyer.

The main reason why Nigeria is bad is because of Nigerians themselves.
Re: My Experience With My Landlord by sirrotex: 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
You have a good case. The only challenge is whether you have evidence to support all what you have said. I believe your lawyer knows what to do
Iamemma:
I got a self contain apartment this year, January Precisely. I paid a total of #261,000, 230000 as the rent, 11k for tenancy agreement and 20k for Agent.

Early this week my landlord invited OSPAC to the compound, with their guns and he told me that he has leased the building and I have one week to move out that he will pay for the new accomodation,that I should provide my account details which I did there.

Before providing the account details I told him to hold on so I can get a new place and confirm the amount they are willing to take. To my greatest surprise he transferred 160k, which I called his attention to the fact that the money was not enough if he is to give me one week,for which he said he can't do anything again.

I had to contact a lawyer when OSPAC personels started calling to intimidate and harrass me. My lawyer told him clearly to provide his account details so I can transfer his money back, or fullfull his promise or allow me to exhaust my tenancy. The next day as early as 4 am he invaded my home and arrested me and my fiance,we were both detained and thrown in the cell, the police refused us access to our mobiles or to call our lawyers.

They later brought me out and told me to make a statement, all this time I was already stripped, when he later came they asked us to explain which I did and they told me I am wrong that I should vacate the house,that I am stubborn, that why did I provide my account details and all what not, I tried to call there attention to the fact that my lawyer contacted him via a letter informing him to provide his account details so I can return the money.

The police took 20k to bail us and sent us away.

I am not satisfied,lawyers do I have a case?

(1) (Reply)

Lady Found Dead Days After Voicing Out About Her Rape (photo, Video) / Bridesmaid Pushed Away By Bride While Trying To Tweak For The Groom. / Nigeria Man Stuck In Friend's Wife After S*X [watch Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.