Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Ondo Activist Accuses Governor Akeredolu Of Blocking Him On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Activist Accuses Governor Akeredolu Of Blocking Him On Twitter (199 Views)

Kwara CAN Accuses Governor AbdulRazaq Of Marginalising Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Activist Accuses Governor Akeredolu Of Blocking Him On Twitter by bigboluet(m): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ondo Activist Accuses Governor Akeredolu Of Blocking Him On Twitter For Demanding Accountability

Ajongbolo had recently helped trend #OndoMissingFunds on Twitter with a lot of residents of the state jumping into the conversation to demand how their taxes were being spent.

n activist based in Ondo State, Oluwagbenga Ajongbolo, has accused the state governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, of blocking him on Twitter for simply demanding accountability on how state resources were being spent.

Ajongbolo had recently helped trend #OndoMissingFunds on Twitter with a lot of residents of the state jumping into the conversation to demand how their taxes were being spent.

Speaking with SaharaReporters on Tuesday, Ajongbolo said he was blocked by the governor on Twitter for demanding how the N4.3bn kept in a secret account for over 10 years was spent.

Governor Akeredolu
He said, "A week ago, I led residents and indigenes of Ondo State on a Twitter protest to demand the whereabouts of our N4.3bn stashed in a Zenith bank account in 2008, discovered and spent in 2018 by the government of Arakunrin Akeredolu without the knowledge and approval of the state's House of Assembly.

"Using #OndoMissingFunds, we demanded that explanation be given on the 'butchered' money, the interests it accrued in 10 years and the 'consultant' who was paid a whopping 35 per cent of the money, allegedly converting it to internally generated revenue.

"I wanted to remind the governor or his Twitter handler something this afternoon and I discovered I have been blocked.

"Who does that? A man who eats our commonwealth, drinks from our common patrimony and rides vehicles purchased from our taxes is now blocking Ondo active citizens from asking questions."

Now that Akeredolu has imposed another dusk-to-dawn curfew on us in Ondo State, we will lay all the blames on the feet of the government.

I'm not talking about you blocking me! pic.twitter.com/2778gg7i6z

— Oluwagbenga Ajongbolo (@arakunrinajos) June 8, 2020
Commissioner for Information in the state, Donal Ojogo, could not be reached for comments, however, a government official stated that Governor Akeredolu had always received criticisms well no matter how harsh.

The official said, "The social media platforms are meant for interactions but seems people are now taking it for granted by using it to insult their leaders."

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/09/ondo-activist-accuses-governor-akeredolu-blocking-him-twitter-demanding-accountability

1 Like

Re: Ondo Activist Accuses Governor Akeredolu Of Blocking Him On Twitter by Brandstudio01: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
It happens everyday. My only worry is their supporters who think they got a boss
Re: Ondo Activist Accuses Governor Akeredolu Of Blocking Him On Twitter by Ipromote: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
His block, his account, his business

Increase sales by advertising on social media. See my siggy
Re: Ondo Activist Accuses Governor Akeredolu Of Blocking Him On Twitter by OndoFirstBorn(m): 9:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
You mean a CASHTIVIST?
Re: Ondo Activist Accuses Governor Akeredolu Of Blocking Him On Twitter by bigboluet(m): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aketi Block Arakunrin Ajos on Twitter.

That MissingnFund trend hit him badly.����... E be like say na everybody e go block las las... Governor that can't be accountable for Our State funds.

Is that one a Governor?

(1) (Reply)

9th House Of Representatives Unveils One Year Scorecard / Senate Threatens To Issue Arrest Warrants For Lai Mohammed, Sylva, Others / Why Oshiomhole Decided To Deal With Obaseki And Get Him Disqualified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.