Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner (2137 Views)

Where To Start When Going Into Poultry (broiler Farming). / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 50 Broilers From A Day Old To 6 Weeks / Farm Job Opening: Poultry Broiler Attendant, 45k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
good day. my fellow nairalander,
this is my first experience training Agric fowl from day old..
I have been into it before but not day old, they are either a week old or two. so I decided to delve into this risky game... below are my experience...
.... source of fund.......... LOAN

.... amount of loan collected......... 200k

....type of chick.......... broiler

....number of chick.....200

.... price per carton.... 20k

.... total price of chick.... 80k

....day started...... Tuesday 09/06/2020

....number of feed purchased yet.... 6 bags

....price of feed per bag...... 3900

....total price of feed........... 23400

....medication so far supercyclin, glucose, vitalite.

....price of medication..... 2300

....medication given so far..... glucose

....feeder and drinker 7 feeder 5 drinker

....price of feeder and drinker 3950

....a bag of charcoal....... 1500

....3 after nepa n battery 700

....sawdust and nets... 7k

....coal pot.......... 1k

....TOTAL EXPENSES AS AT DAY ONE ====#124k

below are my chicks in pictures......
I look forward for ur observation, correction, recommendations and ur comment as well...thanks and have a lovely days ahead as I continue from day TWO...

2 Likes

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by IRIENBOY(m): 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
nice
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by PlayerMeji: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
Agbé lobá
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by ublight: 11:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
hope no saw dust on the floor. Better to use carton
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 12:10am On Jun 10, 2020
make jah help our hustle o
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 12:13am On Jun 10, 2020
I use saw dust o, sourcing carton may give me tough time but I never knew the implications
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 12:16am On Jun 10, 2020
chiefdiye hope this saw dust will not affect their health? because I left there by 11pm in the night and they were all sleeping despite enough light:
I use saw dust o, sourcing carton may give me tough time but I never knew the implications
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by temiyato(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
God go bless our hustle. I wonder if 200k will be enuf for ur project sha If u are targeting 12 weeks before sales( say average of 4kg per bird ). These boilers dey chop o my brother . and the more u feed them , the bigger they get.
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by temiyato(m): 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
I will embark on mine first week of August......December sales on my mind.
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by Kimberly042: 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
I will love to partner with someone for poultry farming..
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by EKEMIL: 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nice one.
Which feed are you giving them?
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by ublight: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
i will be selling xmas chiks for 5k or 6k
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2020
i pray money cones before I exhaust my budget o:
God go bless our hustle. I wonder if 200k will be enuf for ur project sha If u are targeting 12 weeks before sales( say average of 4kg per bird ). These boilers dey chop o my brother . and the more u feed them , the bigger they get.
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
plz can I use old lantern in place of charcoal fire?
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
may God Abeg bless our hustle o
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by PureGoldh(m): 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
@ Op kindly use cartons instead of the sawdust.

When the birds get to 3weeks plus then you can use sawdust.

I wish you all the best bro
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
chikum: Nice one. Which feed are you giving them?
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by MAMMAN777(m): 4:15am On Jun 11, 2020
chiefdiye:
plz can I use old lantern in place of charcoal fire?
my brother no even think am because is just used for light, it can not provide enough heat for the birds

1 Like

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by fjjc(m): 7:14am On Jun 11, 2020
chiefdiye:
Saw dust is okay
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by fjjc(m): 7:17am On Jun 11, 2020
Lattern would have been okay for them by now. I believe the heat is too much for them o. So, work on that because if the heat is too much for them it can affect their growth.

1 Like

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by fjjc(m): 7:22am On Jun 11, 2020
You can see from the picture, they are not close to the coal pot. Which means they do not need that amount of heat, if they do, you will see them very close to the coal pot. Please, quickly work on this, as I said earlier, lattern will be okay for them, just get two or three latterns will be okay.

1 Like

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by maisauki: 8:35am On Jun 11, 2020
I wanted to just come here, read and zoom off buh I've got to doff my hat for the op and make input
I WAS into poultry before ...WAS being the word(in Dr Lyor Boone's way). I just wanna reassure the op that you'll make it...simple things u need are
never say never
doggedness
prudence
RECORD KEEPING

Business idea? next time, pls don't invest all ur money at a go
many more ideas buh I've got no time to check time

1 Like

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 10:17am On Jun 11, 2020
let me check there asap so as to reduce the heat.
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2020
ok I will try and do something about that:
You can see from the picture, they are not close to the coal pot. Which means they do not need that amount of heat, if they do, you will see them very close to the coal pot. Please, quickly work on this, as I said earlier, lattern will be okay for them, just get two or three latterns will be okay.

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 10:25am On Jun 11, 2020
thanks for that :
I wanted to just come here, read and zoom off buh I've got to doff my hat for the op and make input
I WAS into poultry before ...WAS being the word(in Dr Lyor Boone's way). I just wanna reassure the op that you'll make it...simple things u need are
never say never
doggedness
prudence
RECORD KEEPING

Business idea? next time, pls don't invest all ur money at a go
many more ideas buh I've got no time to check time
Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by temiyato(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2020
fjjc:

But they are not hiding at the corners of the room which signifies that the amount of heat is moderate. The coal pot is the best for a small scale poultry farm. But kindly check them every 2 - 3 hours whenever u have the coal pot there. God will bless ur hustle.

1 Like

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by temiyato(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2020
PureGoldh:

3weeks is too much. A week is better.

1 Like

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by VULCAN(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Pls what's the difference BTW the two as far as the chicks are concerned.

PureGoldh:

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by PureGoldh(m): 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
VULCAN:
Pls what's the difference BTW the two as far as the chicks are concerned.

The chicks are still too tender and as such their nostrils ain't that wide...they might tend to inhale the particles of dust when playing on it

1 Like

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by Munzy14(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
@chiefdiye.

It is so nice to see new farmers spring up every day...It is a move to secure our food security as a nation..

When you want to embark on such project, make sure you have acquired the necessary technical know how.

Now to the business of the day, If you are raising 200chicks, you will have to work on 1200-1400 x 200chicks for 8-10weeks.

This money covers money for purchasing of birds, drugs and feeding.

pay attention to bio-security.( That is, cleanliness of the farm, farm tools, protective wears for attendants and proper sanitation).

Looking at the pictures you shared, you need to place news paper on the wood shaving. This will help you prevent the chicks from picking up particles from the litter...This stays till 3days, then you remove all the papers. By this third day, they can differentiate properly between wood shaving and feed.

Again, If you are using such a big space for brooding, get blocks to restrict the birds, and gradually expand every 4-5 days till the birds gradually take up the whole space.

Also, monitor the chicks spread, if they cluster together around heat source, It is cold.
If they run away from heat source, it is hot. What you need is warmth environment and a temperature of 33-30°C. Which you reduce by 3°C every week.

Avoid use of kerosene lamp.

And ensure you observe the birds carefully.

Wishing you luck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by VULCAN(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Thank you

PureGoldh:

The chicks are still too tender and as such their nostrils ain't that wide...they might tend to inhale the particles of dust when playing on it

1 Like

Re: My Race To Poultry (broiler) Rearing as a beginner by chiefdiye(m): 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
[b:
[/b]Thanks so much man, I appreciate ur effort and the information, may His bless you ]@chiefdiye.

It is so nice to see new farmers spring up every day...It is a move to secure our food security as a nation..

When you want to embark on such project, make sure you have acquired the necessary technical know how.

Now to the business of the day, If you are raising 200chicks, you will have to work on 1200-1400 x 200chicks for 8-10weeks.

This money covers money for purchasing of birds, drugs and feeding.

pay attention to bio-security.( That is, cleanliness of the farm, farm tools, protective wears for attendants and proper sanitation).

Looking at the pictures you shared, you need to place news paper on the wood shaving. This will help you prevent the chicks from picking up particles from the litter...This stays till 3days, then you remove all the papers. By this third day, they can differentiate properly between wood shaving and feed.

Again, If you are using such a big space for brooding, get blocks to restrict the birds, and gradually expand every 4-5 days till the birds gradually take up the whole space.

Also, monitor the chicks spread, if they cluster together around heat source, It is cold.
If they run away from heat source, it is hot. What you need is warmth environment and a temperature of 33-30°C. Which you reduce by 3°C every week.

Avoid use of kerosene lamp.

And ensure you observe the birds carefully.

Wishing you luck!

(1) (2) (Reply)

500MT Of Clean White Sesame Seeds For Sale!! / Cheap Palm Oil Dealer In Delta State / Hidden Facts About Pig Farming (our Practical Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.