Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner - Agriculture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (26321 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Dairy (pilot Phase) / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / My Soybean Farming Dairy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:14am On May 03, 2021
please note farming is not Bitcoin or MBA forex etc.. last year personally I lost money in my soyabean farm, you can all check out the thread to see mistakes made..

so agriculture ain't rosey rosey always.. but I assure you, with proper planning and good agricultural practices it always never goes wrong, and another reason while we going for Cassava is because Cassava is a naturally insured crop. it can withstand drought or high rains, climate change is real folks, it can grow in poor soil, although our soil is rich and we will be applying compost and fertilisers too. no Fulani herdsmen issue here, bush burning is prohibited. A big factory close by to process all your Tons Tons Tons into garri, cassava chips etc

every factor whether big or little has been carefully considered to reduce the risk of loss..
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:20pm On May 03, 2021
willybaby:
Am sure some keen followers would have been asking when would land preparation start for the new season, grin well it's because this season machines are doing all the work, the plan is to cultivate double digits in heactres for Cassava and maybe a heactre or 2 of maize,

if you'd observe no specific number of heactres was given this is due to the fact that there's an open room to partners

please note am not saying it's an investment program where you put this to get that, infact if you do not have passion for agriculture it's advisable you stay off,

Proposed land to be cultivated is in Benue State Nigeria, lower Benue basin authority, 2000 heactres of arable land is available, human labourers, tractors, harvesters, etc all available for rent and personal tractors / machines can be brought in too. No Fulani issues, you can sell from the farm or process harvest using one of the numerous factories near by..

I and my team are fully on ground, you can come visit in person, send a representative/ lawyer etc for more facts finding there's no rushing

you can farm with us in two ways by
1. running your farm yourself while we act as supervisors and get paid a fee

2. An agreed percentage of what's cultivated while be yours at harvest..
you tell us how much you willing to put in, all factors are calculated and agreed by all parties, we cultivate everything and at harvest you produce is all yours

3. my number remains 08062429778 call, visit etc you too can be a part of winfarms let's start together
good evening everyone.. just reminding you all.. below this post will be the total break down I promised
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:28pm On May 03, 2021
I got some calls today and I appreciate you all.. below is a break down of cultivating a heactre with us..

Please note it's way less or can more more compared to what others might use to cultivate a heactre, everything below is based on conditions available to us, eg soil texture and fertility that's y no fertiliser application because the soil here is rich for Cassava etc..

both pictures are the same just made one bright and the other dark for easy viewing.. sorry I don't have a printer so couldn't print from my laptop.

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:54pm On May 03, 2021
WinFarms �
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:59pm On May 03, 2021
I know trust seems to be a extinct in Nigeria that's why I urge anyone interested if you can please visit, and they are many ways to protect your money, can use a lawyer/law firm, can use a military or police personnel anything that makes you comfortable etc..

Remember
WINFARMS Benue State Nigeria...
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:19pm On May 03, 2021
since the initiation of this thread have given out info and knowledge as freely and easily possible, today I just gave out more, actually some colleagues were of the opinion I shouldn't post it here I should reply please DM me to all enquiries but I said no.

let's all help ourselves as much as we can for we are all Nigerians one great people, let's build our rice, beans, groundnut, garri etc pyramids together..

We will all enjoy a peaceful prosperous nation.. that's my prayers, and in that regard am thinking of starting a let's show love project where after I harvest my Cassava I will gift a FULANI, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba livestock owner who ranches his livestock my Cassava leafs as feed for his or her livestock I believe in my own little way am encouraging ranching..

so to everyone who's interested in casava wit or without WinFarms please I urge you to use any useful information here, and on other threads, all info given by me and all other good hearted people on this thread..

NO DULL YA SELF.. grin bountiful harvest awaits us all.. Amen..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:14am On May 06, 2021
Visited farm15 today in preparation for our harvest and processing.. harvested 2 stands as sample and I must confirm what was earlier discussed on this thread.. TME 419 is now second in my books.. planting more of the brown stems next year... See pictures below.. the smaller one is TME419

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 8:32pm On May 06, 2021
willybaby:
Visited farm15 today in preparation for our harvest and processing.. harvested 2 stands as sample and I must confirm what was earlier discussed on this thread.. TME 419 is now second in my books.. planting more of the brown stems next year... See pictures below.. the smaller one is TME419
Time to cash out!
Send 1 mudu of garri to me I want to test something undecided
Please snap the picture of the stem and leaf of the brown stem.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:41pm On May 06, 2021
Ameboperoo:

Time to cash out!
Send 1 mudu of garri to me I want to test something undecided
Please snap the picture of the stem and leaf of the brown stem.
hahahaha Na so sir, its totally surprising how I forgot to snap d stems fa, buh will surely do that tomorrow when I go to the farm..
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:44pm On May 06, 2021
Someone who came begging to buy my Cassava today, added he will introduce 4 months stem to me if I agree to sell..

Has IITA done another wonder ? Please whose come across this new 4months variety.. he says it's brown in colour and short in height thats stems branch but don't grow tall

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ideepaul: 1:12pm On May 07, 2021
willybaby:
Someone who came begging to buy my Cassava today, added he will introduce 4 months stem to me if I agree to sell..

Has IITA done another wonder ? Please whose come across this new 4months variety.. he says it's brown in colour and short in height thats stems branch but don't grow tall

In as much as I am not really into commercial cassava cultivation, I walk/work with few individuals who do. Not all improved cultivars can be cultivated anywhere, due to climate, soil texture, rainfall, nutrient availablity, market acceptance (starchiness, colour, cyanide level, etc), shade tree, etc, before you plant it commercially, try out like 20-50 mounds, see how they react to your environment, and if favourable, you could expand from there.
To make this clearer,let someone cultivars that are best suited to oil palm plantation and cultivate them in another open community, the results may be totally laughable. Another person will take some zone adapted stems and plant them by the riverbanks in the south, and weep for the poor growth, but when you uproot them, you will be pleasantly surprised
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 5:14pm On May 07, 2021
ideepaul:

In as much as I am not really into commercial cassava cultivation, I walk/work with few individuals who do. Not all improved cultivars can be cultivated anywhere, due to climate, soil texture, rainfall, nutrient availablity, market acceptance (starchiness, colour, cyanide level, etc), shade tree, etc, before you plant it commercially, try out like 20-50 mounds, see how they react to your environment, and if favourable, you could expand from there.
To make this clearer,let someone cultivars that are best suited to oil palm plantation and cultivate them in another open community, the results may be totally laughable. Another person will take some zone adapted stems and plant them by the riverbanks in the south, and weep for the poor growth, but when you uproot them, you will be pleasantly surprised
my oga you've been quiet fa, I so miss your inputs and all.. our plan is if he brings the stems, we will propagate it using the 3 node stem propagation technique if it performs then it can be cultivated next year..
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ideepaul: 7:42pm On May 07, 2021
willybaby:
my oga you've been quiet fa, I so miss your inputs and all.. our plan is if he brings the stems, we will propagate it using the 3 node stem propagation technique if it performs then it can be cultivated next year..
that a good plan... Boss as money nor dey and farmwork stress wan kill your boy, how I wan do...abeg pass me 2 cups of your garri, I wan show NAFDAC something

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:57pm On May 07, 2021
ideepaul:
that a good plan... Boss as money nor dey and farmwork stress wan kill your boy, how I wan do...abeg pass me 2 cups of your garri, I wan show NAFDAC something
grin it's all gonna be alright Las Las.. God bless us all
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by safarifarms(m): 9:49pm On May 07, 2021
willybaby:

4 months cassava? grin
I once heard of 6 months cassava and called a contact of an IITA researcher that I found online and he advised me not to get deceived that the best early maturing cassava available matures in 10 months.

So I will suggest you thread with care. Someone is likely trying to rip you off.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by northbird: 8:19am On May 08, 2021
@ wilybaby, nice work. Please, after spraying the glyphosate for killing weeds, how many days will one wait before planting?

7 days?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:15am On May 08, 2021
northbird:
@ wilybaby, nice work. Please, after spraying the glyphosate for killing weeds, how many days will one wait before planting?

7 days?
it's depends on the chemical product used, the measurement and some other factors. Buh at most in 2 weeks you should see the result.. hope you talking about spraying to clear the bush before ridgging and heaping.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:53am On May 10, 2021
A morning 4 d beds and not the farm.. Cool refreshing rains.. this new week is blessed already.

A question everyone what do you think about buying a power tiller or hand held tractor as it's sometimes called... Is it a good or bad investment ?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 12:59pm On May 11, 2021
Update from farm15, there was a very heavy rain yesterday, so needed to go check and confirm ma Cassava babies are ok. grin

was doing some research yesterday and I got to discover crops too needed to be cared for and loved like animals after all thy are living things too....

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2021
Farm15 looking like a Cassava forest

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2021
Also picked up some farmers palliative to go share with friends and neighbours

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:06pm On May 11, 2021
Rains really flooded the roads with mangoes and many other fruits

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:14pm On May 11, 2021
A little story here, so I didn't go to d farm with any sack or bags and I couldn't leave my sweet juicy mangoes to rot when I can take them home and share to everyone,

I had to fashion a backpack Rambo style using my long sleeve shirt... Pictures below.. mangoes on my back all snugly and comfy..

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 1:17pm On May 11, 2021
willybaby:
A little story here, so I didn't go to d farm with any sack or bags and I couldn't leave my sweet juicy mangoes to rot when I can take them home and share to everyone,

I had to fashion a backpack Rambo style using my long sleeve shirt... Pictures below.. mangoes on my back all snugly and comfy..

grin grin grin grin
I miss farm o.

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 1:24pm On May 11, 2021
willybaby:
This is the type of place i like to relax from the hustle and bustle of the town when I need inspiration.
The feeling is heavenly with the birds around giving you sweet music as fresh air blows and your crop waving at you.
Nothing compares to the taste of farm fresh desserts offered by the mango trees for free. Eat as much as you can.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 1:32pm On May 11, 2021
What variety is this?
willybaby:
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:34pm On May 11, 2021
Ameboperoo:

This is the type of place i like to relax from the hustle and bustle of the town when I need inspiration.
The feeling is heavenly with the birds around giving you sweet music as fresh air blows and your crop waving at you.
Nothing compares to the taste of farm fresh desserts offered by the mango trees for free. Eat as much as you can.
am so In support sir, the peace and quality relaxation you get as you've just explained can't be equated with some 5star hotel self.. some times I stroll to the farm just to sit, plan, improve ideas

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:37pm On May 11, 2021
Ameboperoo:
What variety is this?
seriously I too have been looking for the name, have done a Google image search and came up wit nothing, here it's just called red Agric.. the stems are reddish brown and it branches.. over here in tuber production TME419 can't compare. It's actually my stem for this season..
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ajoyeleke(m): 7:46am On May 12, 2021
Fully mechanised garri processing factory for sale in Ibadan

Contact 08055462963 to inspect
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Gidigidi3(m): 7:38pm On May 12, 2021
willybaby:
A morning 4 d beds and not the farm.. Cool refreshing rains.. this new week is blessed already.

A question everyone what do you think about buying a power tiller or hand held tractor as it's sometimes called... Is it a good or bad investment ?

Abort mission, I repeat, abort mission. That thing is meant for hard grass land like we have in far north or turning mashy rice field.
It fails woefully where stumps and loose earth abounds.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by aliadi2: 7:53pm On May 12, 2021
Gidigidi3:

Abort mission, I repeat, abort mission. That thing is meant for hard grass land like we have in far north or turning mashy rice field.
It fails woefully where stumps and loose earth abounds.
And you make sure u remove all stumps before using it. Atleast you plough your land first before using it
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Ameboperoo(m): 8:41pm On May 12, 2021
aliadi2:

And you make sure u remove all stumps before using it. Atleast you plough your land first before using it
And the land should be free from big stones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

How Maureensylvia Expanded From Raw Agro Produce To Agro-processing In Two Years / Why Is Pig Farming Not Fully Explored In Nigeria? / Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.