Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (26370 Views)

My Cucumber Farm Dairy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2020
@Jamestown123
A plot of land sized 100sqm by 100sqm can contain 2 ula.. that's 800 heaps
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by HornyTave: 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
willybaby:
My farm manager in action

Do you mean the pre emergence herbicides is effective when there's no weed?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by HornyTave: 6:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
[quote author=ideepaul post=90635883][/quote]

Oga Paul, I've been expecting your quote on rabbit hutches
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
HornyTave:

Do you mean the pre emergence herbicides is effective when there's no weed?
premergence chemical interacts with the soil to give results not the weed
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by HornyTave: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
willybaby:
premergence chemical interacts with the soil to give results not the weed

How long did you wait before planting corn
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by ideepaul: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
HornyTave:

Oga Paul, I've been expecting your quote on rabbit hutches
Maybe I will have to open a thread as that may derail the op's thread because I am doing a lot of farmwork due to the lockdown...btw, which aspects of the rabbit Hutch are you interested in?
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
HornyTave:

How long did you wait before planting corn
2days
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
ideepaul:

Maybe I will have to open a thread as that may derail the op's thread because I am doing a lot of farmwork due to the lockdown...btw, which aspects of the rabbit Hutch are you interested in?
that's interesting, please do open your thread on rabbits I love bunnies
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by HornyTave: 7:43am On Jun 30, 2020
ideepaul:

quote on constructing rabbit cages to house 20 rabbits. I need the urine
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Jamestown123: 11:39am On Jul 01, 2020
willybaby:
@Jamestown123
A plot of land sized 100sqm by 100sqm can contain 2 ula.. that's 800 heaps
Thank you. I want to ask you something about price of cassava privately. I don't know if you can WhatsApp me or flash me. 07085895462. Please oiene please I dey Benue too.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2020
@jamestown123 have called you multiple times.. thank you
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2020
Goodmorning everyone hope you all well and fine, yesterday I visited the second farm and am happy to say the chemical sprayed has really done its job... Pictures attached..

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2020
Raking of grasses will be done today remember this land is much bigger than the first

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 9:07am On Jul 03, 2020
So everyone stay tuned till Monday when the hoes come calling, and a little secret the corn to be planted here is White.. it's a new hybrid variety that matures in 2 MONTHS.. YEA 2 MONTHS... it was ordered from kaduna yesterday and will be unveiled to you guys soon..
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Textra(m): 10:09am On Jul 03, 2020
You melt my heart bruh. This is exactly my plan. Though covid 19 spoil show coz it affected my finance. But have learnt a lot here and I will also do well to follow you and contact you. Hopefully next year I will do mine. I love seeing people farming.
Wish you all the best bruh.

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
Textra:
You melt my heart bruh. This is exactly my plan. Though covid 19 spoil show coz it affected my finance. But have learnt a lot here and I will also do well to follow you and contact you. Hopefully next year I will do mine. I love seeing people farming.
Wish you all the best bruh.
thanks and feel free to contact me when ever
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Jamestown123: 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
willybaby:
@jamestown123 have called you multiple times.. thank you
Sorry bro, send me a message on WhatsApp please I'm begging you. It's important.
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Liadi2(m): 2:33am On Jul 04, 2020
willybaby:
Goodmorning everyone hope you all well and fine, yesterday I visited the second farm and am happy to say the chemical sprayed has really done its job... Pictures attached..
Please the name of the chemical used
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 8:43am On Jul 04, 2020
Liadi2:

Please the name of the chemical used
RAKEOUT there's a picture of it at page 1 or 2
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
Good evening all hope your day was great... Today's farming update coming up
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
Update from farm15....
We went to the farm today to observe and see how our crops were doing and the outcome was very good with a little bad that's agriculture for you and I love it.
First with the bad news...
1.. some part of the farm our corn didn't grow while investigating what might be the reason it was discovered the labourer who sprayed the premergence chemical was overzealous to impress and doubly sprayed some areas this increased the concentration. Happily the farm is weed free but sadly our corn needs to be replaced...
2.. As was expected and planned for some cassava stems didn't grow, this also will be replaced on Monday..
Be always prepared dats our rule and it should be yours too..

Now to the good news
1. Our cassava stems had a growth rate of about 90%
2. Our farm after 3 weeks is totally weed free this shows our rooter premergence powder is the bomb.
3. Our corn has sprouted and is competing in length with the cassava stem.
Below are beautiful pictures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
A section of the farm

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 11:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Even a farmer of 50years still has something to learn, things change, innovations take place etc so feel free to ask questions, drop advices, criticism and thanks for all the calls have been receiving

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Textra(m): 12:08am On Jul 05, 2020
The way you guys planted the cassava stem is quite funny to me. Here we plant in slanting form and not vertical. Well, I don't think it will have any effect anyway.

2 Likes

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 7:11am On Jul 05, 2020
Textra:
The way you guys planted the cassava stem is quite funny to me. Here we plant in slanting form and not vertical. Well, I don't think it will have any effect anyway.
good morning if you look closely some are slanted some are vertical.. the idea of slanting is due to wind effect so grown up stems don't break that's all. Most stems on d outside edge of the farm was slanted
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Henryimoter(m): 7:23am On Jul 05, 2020
For soyabeans call 07069670428
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by Henryimoter(m): 7:25am On Jul 05, 2020
This is the planting season for mangoes, cirrus ( orange ) , Ogbono, palm tress, coconut etc call 07069670428

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by prince2blinks(m): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2020
Happy Sunday all, please how long will it take for it to get to harvesting stage...
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
prince2blinks:
Happy Sunday all, please how long will it take for it to get to harvesting stage...
8months to a year
Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Happy Sunday everyone...
So I woke up today feeling bored but brining with energy so I decided to go planting instead of waiting for tomorrow.. happily a quarter of the corn that didn't germinate was planted...

Yea the corn is blue

1 Like

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hybrid improved quality white shelled corn.. this corn was improved in Nigeria by Nigerians.. it's maturity rate with all things being right is 2 MONTHS...
We fetched a little from one of the sacks to go plant in farm15.. farm20 doesn't have to enjoy it all lol....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner by willybaby(m): 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Oba 98 your expensive but surely among the best, termites can't eat you, rain can't drown you and with needed nutrient your gonna grow up quickly and fine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Farmer Battles To Rescue Sheep Buried In Snow In Staffordshire (Pics, Video) / Egg Price Rises As Many Poultry Farms Shut Down In Kano / Why We Are Importing Grass By Minister Of Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.