Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) (81679 Views)

See The Snake We Killed In My Neighborhood. / A Big Monitor Lizard Killed In My Neighborhood / See The Snake Killed In My Neighborhood Today. What's The Name? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2020
tyup:
The rate at which Cobra is increasing in this country is xo alarming

And what is Buhari doing to curtail their growth na. nawa o sad
They have always been around..imagine how frequent they were to the locals before industrialization lol..when most places were still thick with vegetation...that particular specie with the stripped red underbelly is common in West Africa.
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by victor44843(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2020
Good
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by foleskay(m): 10:38am On Jun 10, 2020
I really detest black snakes. Their look is always so dreadful and scary. I saw a big black snake like that last week along a bush path, it wasn't even scared nor ran, just crawling sluggishly as it moved passed me. I was also scared to even mk move to kill it, was just staring at it. I fear snakes oo
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2020
pocohantas:
It is a cobra- a forest cobra. Yes it is HIGHLY venomous. Would avoid humans, but very aggressive when provoked.

Since it had ruptured abdomen, then it most likely died from ingesting your landlord’s poisoned rat.

There are some poisons the snake’s system can fight off, the type Patience Ozokwo puts in her husband’s meal and has the guts to taste it before serving him. Your landlord obviously used something lethal. The rat didn’t stand a chance, neither did the snake.

The snake broke an important rule- only eat your kill. When no be say e be vulture or hyena, why e chop something wey done die?grin grin

So, how was it terrorizing your neighborhood? Did it snatch your phone or chyke your babe? undecided
You forgot to add that it's among the few spitting types...it doesn't have a wide hood like those in India...don't know the potency of its bite..but I believe the survival rate is high.
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Mkpatad(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2020
anibi9674:
Ok
It is an unfortunate situation, i think I agree with you for a thorough investigation.
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Thatsammie(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2020
africandollar:

Not reall a snake a lover but...

I love the OP's use/command of english, it's quite unlike some 'one-naira' english others use in their posts. tongue
Absolutely. The original poster's use of english is flawless.

1 Like

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by causimalbarka(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2020
God bless u..

U made a very good point ...

But the stupid Trump instead of thinking straight and acting smart, he's sitting there opening his buca cavity called mouth saying nonsense
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Joefat: 10:44am On Jun 10, 2020
tyup:
The rate at which Cobra is increasing in this country is xo alarming

And what is Buhari doing to curtail their growth na. nawa o sad

Lol. You eenh
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by mondi2: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2020
My broda, in wish state did this incident happened?
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2020
Lala

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by eodavids(m): 10:48am On Jun 10, 2020
I don't like snakes
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:48am On Jun 10, 2020
GuestLog:
Please can your help ask your Landlord what the name of the rodent poison is?

Some of the rat in my hood are too confident in their mischief

Hahahaha! laugh want finish Me. As in they even gallivant around with reckless abandon . I'll get back to you on that.

1 Like

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by MrReeseG(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2020
OP chai!!!

Na this english you dey use dey chyke the babes for your area abi?
Bad guy!!!
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Mbbscentric(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2020
pocohantas:
It is a cobra- a forest cobra. Yes it is HIGHLY venomous. Would avoid humans, but very aggressive when provoked.

Since it had ruptured abdomen, then it most likely died from ingesting your landlord’s poisoned rat.

There are some poisons the snake’s system can fight off, the type Patience Ozokwo puts in her husband’s meal and has the guts to taste it before serving him. Your landlord obviously used something lethal. The rat didn’t stand a chance, neither did the snake.

The snake broke an important rule- only eat your kill. When no be say e be vulture or hyena, why e chop something wey done die?grin grin

So, how was it terrorizing your neighborhood? Did it snatch your phone or chyke your babe? undecided

You write well ma!

1 Like

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Ospic2014: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] what a beautiful snake ?
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by eodavids(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2020
Don't like reptiles
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 10, 2020
This type of cobra with white line at its neck are very dangerous, you guys just killed your landlord's Grandfather, the cobra wants to speak to your landlord but you're the one disturbing it, that's the reason why it keeps appearing and disappearing
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by code1831: 10:56am On Jun 10, 2020
[color=#] 549708[/color]
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by jrusky(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Akaegwu:

Their brother swallowed money sometime ago, they are searching for Nigerian money

Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by ArticleBeast: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2020
TheBusinessHub:
This is huge
Shey you go dey pay them as them dey write. If na by the end of the contract I pity who go apply

1 Like

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by DLuciano: 10:58am On Jun 10, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
This big black snake once startled me close to my house at night on my way back from work. I told my landlord so we kept on the look-out for it without success. Some months later, I returned from work at night and met my landlord sitting outside. While discussing with him, His wife noticed something moving on top of a pile of building blocks arranged in an undeveloped plot of land close to us and it turned out to be the snake. Once again it escaped.

Some days ago my landlord used rat poison to kill the small rats wrecking havoc in his apartment, He then gathered the dead rats and disposed them in the same plot of land that doubles as our refuse bin and a safe haven for the slithery creature. Just this evening we discovered that the snake was lying stone dead in the refuse bin haven probably fed on the poisoned rats. A critical observation revealed a decomposing portion in its abdomen arguably resulting from a secondary poisoning from the rats it fed on. How the mighty have fallen easily.

Petrol and rags have been used to burn up the remains to avoid the poignant smell that will infiltrate the atmosphere if it is allowed to putrefy.

NB: No pepper soup things on this as I wont have been alive to type this. grin grin grin

Fellow Nairalanders what specie of snake is this? Is it venomous? Please manage my camera quality.
Op, from your write up, this is a great discovery unknown to to you.

DISCOVERY: if you want to kill a snake lurking somewhere around your neighborhood, drop some poisoned dead rats around there.

Thanks for the sharing. shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by slysteel: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
This big black snake once startled me close to my house at night on my way back from work. I told my landlord so we kept on the look-out for it without success. Some months later, I returned from work at night and met my landlord sitting outside. While discussing with him, His wife noticed something moving on top of a pile of building blocks arranged in an undeveloped plot of land close to us and it turned out to be the snake. Once again it escaped.

Some days ago my landlord used rat poison to kill the small rats wrecking havoc in his apartment, He then gathered the dead rats and disposed them in the same plot of land that doubles as our refuse bin and a safe haven for the slithery creature. Just this evening we discovered that the snake was lying stone dead in the refuse bin haven probably fed on the poisoned rats. A critical observation revealed a decomposing portion in its abdomen arguably resulting from a secondary poisoning from the rats it fed on. How the mighty have fallen easily.

Petrol and rags have been used to burn up the remains to avoid the poignant smell that will infiltrate the atmosphere if it is allowed to putrefy.

NB: No pepper soup things on this as I wont have been alive to type this. grin grin grin

Fellow Nairalanders what specie of snake is this? Is it venomous? Please manage my camera quality.
What is wrong with you Nigerians? This is not a cobra
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Deltayankeeboi: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2020
Jarus:
Since I have been reading about and seeing pictures of snakes on Nairaland in the last 4 years, I have been extremely careful, probably paranoid.

Even rope now looks like a snake to me. I once saw something under my generator and rushed out to call boys in my neighbourhood who came out with matchete, only to find out it was a rope.

I hardly step out at night or early in the morning again.

You are ophidiophobic. Fear of snakes.

I have the same phobia too. I have this fear of snakes especially snake bite.
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by femmyapson(m): 10:59am On Jun 10, 2020
TheBusinessHub:
This is huge
This guy is fake..
He will use you and not pay
How on earth have you not gotten five writers since about 2months now if you are not fake

1 Like

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Prophet777: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2020
The poster is a good writer... nice one!

1 Like

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Theoarhics: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2020
Poison kills poison.

1 Like

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by TheBusinessHub: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2020
femmyapson:

This guy is fake..
He will use you and not pay
How on earth have you not gotten five writers since about 2months now if you are not fake

Why did you judge hastily. Did I use you and not pay you for services rendered?

Please, point me to one person I've used and refused to pay for their services.

Are you aware I even given my address to my partners working with me aboard my team's project.

Be careful how you go about maring the image of other people. Only speak what you know about and when anything is beyond your scope of knowledge, learn to walk away.

I leave you to your conscience. Do to others as you would like done to you

As for writers, many declared interest:

1. Can't combine primary work with writing

2. Too many grammatical blunders

3. Disomcovered they were too busy after we started

4. Some have relatives dead even after they qualified to work with me. Atleast three

5. I keep getting projects and need to expand despite getting three writers

FYI, I sent 10k to a Nairalander who could write very well but didn't have a phone or modem. If the police wants to confirm, he's available

Learn not to talk and gossip about other people's engagements you have zero facts about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2020
This is a cobra if u value your life cut of the head and burn it
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2020
How are the mighty falling. Lalasticlala sorry o
Re: Rat Poison Kills Cobra Terrorizing My Neighborhood (Photos) by BABANGBALI: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2020
Gabbyodogwu:
This is a cobra if u value your life cut of the head and burn it
Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thirsty King Cobra Is Given Water From A Bottle In India Village(photos). / See What A Man Was Spotted Doing On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning(pic) / Where Some Lagosians Hang Their Clothes To Dry After Washing (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.