Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css (552 Views)

How To Arrange School Broadsheet Sheet From Mysql Tables / Notice the nairaland layout changes / After 10days Of Coding With Html, Css And Javascript Forum4africa Is Ready (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css by Akhigbeblog(m): 12:02am On Jun 10, 2020
Good day everyone, we all know if we're browsering with our phones, the webpage layout contents fall under eachother but when you use a bigger screen like laptop or desktop computer to browse the layout contents are arranged in columns. My questions is how can I make my webpage layout work perfectly on both screens?
Re: How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css by kellidoo(m): 12:06am On Jun 10, 2020
Do you mean how to make you website responsive?
Re: How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css by stanliwise(m): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2020
Akhigbeblog:
Good day everyone, we all know if we're browsering with our phones, the webpage layout contents fall under eachother but when you use a bigger screen like laptop or desktop computer to browse the layout contents are arranged in columns. My questions is how can I make my webpage layout work perfectly on both screens?
give us a visual of what you have done.
Re: How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css by Abdulmalik052(m): 1:20am On Jun 10, 2020
Akhigbeblog:
By specifying rulesets. In other words, by using media queries in your css sheet.
Re: How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css by SUPREMOTM: 2:40am On Jun 10, 2020
Akhigbeblog:

It is called Responsive Design, and you need to learn it to make your page adapt to all screen sizes. It is made by adding media queries to your CSS.

Your content is not looking okay on all devices because your page is not yet responsive.

You need to write some more CSS rule sets to make that happen. Just look for tutorials on media queries and responsive design and you'll see how it is done; you will not be learning a lot of new stuff; just how to modify your existing style sheets or add a new style sheet to your HTML head tag.

To make responsive design a painless experience, you need to learn how to use some CSS3 properties like Flex-box and Grid instead of Float and also learn how to use units like vh, vw, rem, % instead of px.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css by Maskyy(m): 10:49am On Jun 15, 2020
SUPREMOTM:

It is called Responsive Design, and you need to learn it to make your page adapt to all screen sizes. It is made by adding media queries to your CSS.

Your content is not looking okay on all devices because your page is not yet responsive.

You need to write some more CSS rule sets to make that happen. Just look for tutorials on media queries and responsive design and you'll see how it is done; you will not be learning a lot of new stuff; just how to modify your existing style sheets or add a new style sheet to your HTML head tag.

To make responsive design a painless experience, you need to learn how to use some CSS3 properties like Flex-box and Grid instead of Float and also learn how to use units like vh, vw, rem, % instead of px.

Just like this comment. You need to add up a developer tools usage in browsers. With this you can resizr and select the screen size you want.
Re: How Can I Arrange My Layout On Css by Maskyy(m): 9:08pm On Jun 15, 2020
seunisamidget10:
Go learn bootstrap!

Gerrout of here

grin funny but true. I use tailwind CSS and bit of bootstrap. But understand CSS before coming to this

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Become A Big Data Engineer? This Free E-book Will Guide You / .Net Core 3.1 Web Api And Angular 9 With Jwt Authentication And Role Base Auth / Paystack Payment Verification Integration In PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.