Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,472 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:00 PM

Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor (2230 Views)

My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other / What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? / “I Dont Wear Pant, If My Child Makes Suspicious Money In Ghana I Wont Take” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by lekki1444: 7:05am On Jun 10, 2020
I have discovered that Nigerians like to take advantage of each other and especially the poor and i find this very disturbing. its like kicking a man when he is down. Here are two scenarios that i witnessed

1- So i parked my car in an estate in Lekki. It rained so hard on this particular day like 4 weeks ago. So i woke up and went to get my car and the inside of it was full of water. So i went ahead and used a towel to mop out all the water but i couldnt get to the water trapped underneath the carpet and after a day the car started to smell funny. So i called around and found a car wash place that said he would do it for me. I asked the guy how much he said 7000 naira. I looked at him like really ? to run a hot vacuum over the car floor for like 5 to 10 minutes is 7000 so i said all i had was 4000 and pretended like i was about to drive off and he ccalled me back and said he would do it for the 4000. So i sat down and watched. First of all i noticed that the job was taken on by 3 grown men, and secondly i noticed they took out all the back seat andd front seat of the car. they literally gutted the car to get to the water in the chasis. And then i notiiced the job was going on for like 2 hours. After observing all this I started to feel guilty for beating him down from 7000 to 4000 because i saw all that was involved.. Me i was thinking it was just a quick blow dryer job. So I called the man aside and said i was sorry for beating him down from 7000 to 4000 and that i didnt know it was that mucch work invvolved.. i said i would not give you the 7000 you asked for i will give you 8000. and he and the 3 guys were extremely happy when i gave them the 8000 after the job. Now while i was sittinng there waiting for them to finish a guy who was sat beside me called one of the hausa guys who do manicure. The hausa guy did this guys manicure for close to 30 minutes and you can look at this hausa guy and see that he was suffering. the hausa guy asked for only 200 naira for a 30 minute job and this guy started shouting that are you crazy ? i will pay you 150, now take this 200 and go and bring my 50 naira change. the hausa booy hadd to go around looking for 50 naira to give this guy. i mean someone spent 30 minutes of thheir time beautifying your nails and you cant just say here is 500 naira keep the change ?

2-Case number 2 - I was trying to move into an estate and the estate manager called a carpennter to come and fix the door. the carpenter travelled all the way from Ajah to Lekki phase 1 to come and fix this door because it was a sunday and there was no one else to do it and i was desparate to move in on that day. So after this guy travelled that long diistance and fiixed the door, the estate manager told the guy that he doesnt have money o jare makke you manage this 150 naira. Apparently they have a rapport going and have been working with each other for long and are friends but to givve smmeone who travelled from ajah to lekki phase 1 and who fixed a door 150 naira is an insult

i have noticed this disturbing trend amongst nigerianns of just undervaluing each others labor and taking each other for granted and just using each other as slaves and not respecting each others time and labor. why are nigerians this demonic ?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by yvelchstores(f): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2020
Hmmm, very good observation. It's indeed an inhumane habit. I try my best to be considerate when paying for labor because I calculate time and effort put in. I think I will do even better from here on out!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by lekki1444: 8:55am On Jun 10, 2020
yvelchstores:
Hmmm, very good observation. It's indeed an inhumane habit. I try my best to be considerate when paying for labor because I calculate time and effort put in. I think I will do even better from here on out!
Thank you sweetie. And one thing you will notice is that the more humane you are to people the more the universe rewards you. I am living proof of that. The more I give the more i receive. And the less humane you are the poorer you are.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by austine4real(m): 9:02am On Jun 10, 2020
Good observation

But don't over do it cos people will see u as mumu and take advantage of u .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by lekki1444: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2020
austine4real:
Good observation

well i dont get the chance to overdo it because i do everything myself. i know if i decide to pay people what i feel their labor is worth i may end up spending all my money on people lol so to prevent this i do everything myself. No houseboy or housegirl, i clean my own house, wash my own clothes, fixed my own generator twice now, changed socket twice now, buy my own petrol when gen petrol is finished, i have equipment to pump my own tire if it goes down and jumpstart my car etcc etc. i try as much as possible not to use people for anything. i do everything myself it is only when the job pass me that i then engage people and i pay them what i think they deserve.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2020
Like when I took bike from ikorodu garage to my house, I do pay 300 but this bike man said it's 150 I wyned him that I'll pay 100 he agreed, he drove me to my place but it's very far and my conscience wouldn't let me pay him 100, so I gave him 500 told him to keep the change, this guy laid on the floor to thank me.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by lekki1444: 10:20am On Jun 10, 2020
Bozzyironlady:
Like when I took bike from ikorodu garage to my house, I do pay 300 but this bike man said it's 150 I wyned him that I'll pay 100 he agreed, he drove me to my place but it's far my conscience wouldn't let me pay him 100, so I gave him 500 told him to keep the change, this guy laid on the floor to thank me.
priceless

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by jieta: 10:51am On Jun 10, 2020
Bozzyironlady:
Like when I took bike from ikorodu garage to my house, I do pay 300 but this bike man said it's 150 I wyned him that I'll pay 100 he agreed, he drove me to my place but it's very far and my conscience wouldn't let me pay him 100, so I gave him 500 told him to keep the change, this guy laid on the floor to thank me.
Wow you are indeed a good man.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 10, 2020
God bless you OP. I thought I was the only that noticed this. Someone up there said they’ll take you to be a fool. But what people don’t know is whenever anyone takes your kind heartedness to be a “mugu” and cheats you, you’ll get it back in 10 folds while the person that cheated you will still go about looking for who to cheat. Hence they remain stagnant in life always looking for who to reap off.

Always appreciate people’s effort no matter how small. Whatever you give out to appreciate or support someone gets rewarded to you, I don’t know how this happens but it keeps happening. This is the more reason I believe we are not alone in this world, there’s a supreme being taking note and rewarding you of your good deeds.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by bukatyne(f): 11:44am On Jun 10, 2020
lekki1444:
I have discovered that Nigerians like to take advantage of each other and especially the poor and i find this very disturbing. its like kicking a man when he is down. Here are two scenarios that i witnessed

1- So i parked my car in an estate in Lekki. It rained so hard on this particular day like 4 weeks ago. So i woke up and went to get my car and the inside of it was full of water. So i went ahead and used a towel to mop out all the water but i couldnt get to the water trapped underneath the carpet and after a day the car started to smell funny. So i called around and found a car wash place that said he would do it for me. I asked the guy how much he said 7000 naira. I looked at him like really ? to run a hot vacuum over the car floor for like 5 to 10 minutes is 7000 so i said all i had was 4000 and pretended like i was about to drive off and he ccalled me back and said he would do it for the 4000. So i sat down and watched. First of all i noticed that the job was taken on by 3 grown men, and secondly i noticed they took out all the back seat andd front seat of the car. they literally gutted the car to get to the water in the chasis. And then i notiiced the job was going on for like 2 hours. After observing all this I started to feel guilty for beating him down from 7000 to 4000 because i saw all that was involved.. Me i was thinking it was just a quick blow dryer job. So I called the man aside and said i was sorry for beating him down from 7000 to 4000 and that i didnt know it was that mucch work invvolved.. i said i would not give you the 7000 you asked for i will give you 8000. and he and the 3 guys were extremely happy when i gave them the 8000 after the job. Now while i was sittinng there waiting for them to finish a guy who was sat beside me called one of the hausa guys who do manicure. The hausa guy did this guys manicure for close to 30 minutes and you can look at this hausa guy and see that he was suffering. the hausa guy asked for only 200 naira for a 30 minute job and this guy started shouting that are you crazy ? i will pay you 150, now take this 200 and go and bring my 50 naira change. the hausa booy hadd to go around looking for 50 naira to give this guy. i mean someone spent 30 minutes of thheir time beautifying your nails and you cant just say here is 500 naira keep the change ?

2-Case number 2 - I was trying to move into an estate and the estate manager called a carpennter to come and fix the door. the carpenter travelled all the way from Ajah to Lekki phase 1 to come and fix this door because it was a sunday and there was no one else to do it and i was desparate to move in on that day. So after this guy travelled that long diistance and fiixed the door, the estate manager told the guy that he doesnt have money o jare makke you manage this 150 naira. Apparently they have a rapport going and have been working with each other for long and are friends but to givve smmeone who travelled from ajah to lekki phase 1 and who fixed a door 150 naira is an insult

i have noticed this disturbing trend amongst nigerianns of just undervaluing each others labor and taking each other for granted and just using each other as slaves and not respecting each others time and labor. why are nigerians this demonic ?

Good thread, God bless you.

I try not to underprice labour and would even make more efforts not to do so.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by lekki1444: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
bukatyne:

Good thread, God bless you.

I try not to underprice labour and would even make more efforts not to do so.
God bless you too Darling as you join the movement to appreciate peoples time and labor

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Donald3d(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
Nigerians are very good at under-pricing labor and effort , trust me, dem full here for Nairaland

One said he wanted an e-commerce website job done , to be built from scratch , this would take me like 2 months at least, baba said his budget was 20k, I asked him if he meant 200k (even though this is still small for the detail he wanted), he typed it in full "Lol, I mean twenty thousand Naira oo "

I have plenty stories like this, one wanted an android app and wanted to pay 3k, I kid you not, job of at least 2-3 months grin grin and he was serious !!!

I charged another one for an app of 4 months or so, he asked me if we wanted to buy land , insinuating that "is it not ordinary app" .

This is why almost everything around us is mediocre, most Nigerians don't understand the value of things, the annoying thing is, some so called wealthy people also do this.

An average developer in other countries, earns nothing less than $15k-$50k per month.Those are people who understand value.

I heard of a Nigerian tech company, the man collected millions for a project and paid the developer that did the job, if I remember well, 30k !!!! ... Some people will not make heaven in this life, no be curse.

This is why I chose to go freelance, I can choose who I work with. No matter how broke I may be, if the amount you want to pay isn't worth the stress, I politely turn you down...I learnt the hard way that the cheap people are always the most problematic...And its like that every where, cheap people have a very nauseating sense of entitlement. One client was even threatening me after I did much more than the client paid for even after I did other free extra work on top of the work and stress that wasn't even worth the price paid, just so I can keep a good name .

SIDE NOTE: If you work freelance, or provide any service, ALWAYS have a signed agreement of the list of features and price to be paid, if you think only service providers are dishonest, think again, some customers are scammers too, they would lay claims to something that was never agreed upon, for the same cheap price.

We can do better.All this acts stem from selfishness and self-centeredness . We need to become more selfless and put ourselves in other peoples shoes, "If it was me, would I like to be treated this way " ?

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by bukatyne(f): 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
Donald3d:
Nigerians are very good at under-pricing labor and effort , trust me, dem full here for Nairaland

One said he wanted an e-commerce website job done , to be built from scratch , this would take me like 2 months at least, baba said his budget was 20k, I asked him if he meant 200k (even though this is still small for the detail he wanted), he typed it in full "Lol, I mean twenty thousand Naira oo "

I have plenty stories like this, one wanted an android app and wanted to pay 3k, I kid you not, job of at least 2-3 months grin grin and he was serious !!!

I charged another one for an app of 4 months or so, he asked me if we wanted to buy land , insinuating that "is it not ordinary app" .

This is why almost everything around us is mediocre, most Nigerians don't understand the value of things, the annoying thing is, some so called wealthy people also do this.

An average developer in other countries, earns nothing less than $15k-$50k per month.Those are people who understand value.

I heard of a Nigerian tech company, the man collected millions for a project and paid the developer that did the job, if I remember well, 30k !!!! ... Some people will not make heaven in this life, no be curse.

This is why I chose to go freelance, I can choose who I work with. No matter how broke I may be, if the amount you want to pay isn't worth the stress, I politely turn you down...I learnt the hard way that the cheap people are always the most problematic...And its like that every where, cheap people have a very nauseating sense of entitlement. One client was even threatening me after I did much more than the client paid for even after I did other free extra work on top of the work and stress that wasn't even worth the price paid, just so I can keep a good name .

SIDE NOTE: If you work freelance, or provide any service, ALWAYS have a signed agreement of the list of features and price to be paid, if you think only service providers are dishonest, think again, some customers are scammers too, they would lay claims to something that was never agreed upon, for the same cheap price.

We can do better.All this acts stem from selfishness and self-centeredness . We need to become more selfless and put ourselves in other peoples shoes, "If it was me, would I like to be treated this way " ?

Gbam!
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by omobacyprus(m): 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
They hide this wicked acts under the guise of being street. Very wicked beings. You have more than enough will still be taking advantage of those that don’t have enough. If you’re reading this and you do that God will punish you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by KanwuliaExtra: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Blame slavery, colonialism, ethnic-bigotry and RACISM!

Please, BEND THE KNEE ON for THE BLACK RACE! embarassed
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Donald3d(m): 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
austine4real:
Good observation

I have learnt something very important in life, very important :

All you have to do is the good and right thing, what the receiver of your action does or how they treat you back is not relevant. Spread goodness and compassion, that's what counts. Your deeds are more important than what is done to you, because whether you believe it or not, good or bad, you would get your reward in multiple folds according to your deeds and intentions.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by SweetCunt97(f): 12:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
Okay I'll do well to change cos I can price for Africa. But most people will overbill you especially you they sense you don't know d price.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by SweetCunt97(f): 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
omobacyprus:
They hide this wicked acts under the guise of being street. Very wicked beings. You have more than enough will still be taking advantage of those that don’t have enough. If you’re reading this and you do that God will punish you
Lolzzz, many are like that. It's pathetic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by SweetCunt97(f): 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
Donald3d:

The developer does not know his worth. Know thy Worth son of man.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Donald3d(m): 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Okay I'll do well to change cos I can price for Africa. But most people will overbill you especially you they sense you don't know d price.

I bargain prices of stuff too, but there is a point where it becomes unreasonable, especially when you can afford it and the VALUE is worth the price you are being charged, especially for services. Its easier to place a price tag on products and bargain as much as you want , reasonably of course. But for services, consider the persons effort, time, resources used and the VALUE you are getting from it. That's what OP is trying to say, not that you should completely stop bargaining

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Donald3d(m): 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
SweetCunt97:
The developer does not know his worth. Know thy Worth son of man.

I do know my worth, but for people working in a company setting, its harder for them, especially those dependent on 9-5 jobs.
Most people take what they can get, because they don't know when next they would get that opportunity, or they manage what they have before they get something better.
I think the guy was an intern at the time, but its still very unfair pocketing millions for a job that you made no direct effort in executing and paid the person who had sleepless nights 30k !

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by ibkayee(f): 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
I don't understand how you can see the poor state someone is in, knowing how much of a struggle Nigeria is and still underprice someone for their labour. I am talking about the people who knowingly pay an amount disproportionately lower than the effort of work, it's inhumane.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Pavore9: 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
ibkayee:
I don't understand how you can see the poor state someone is in, knowing how much of a struggle Nigeria is and still underprice someone for their labour. I am talking about the people who knowingly pay an amount disproportionately lower than the effort of work, it's inhumane.

For some it is being "smart". angry

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by lekki1444: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2020
ibkayee:
yeah its like i am slowly starting to find out that most nigerians are cold hearted, self centred and wicked Thats the only explanation for the total lack of empathy they display on a daily basis as they take advantage of the disenfranchised

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Acidosis(m): 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Majority of the informal guys actually overbill clients. Most of them are crooks and have mastered the acts of inflating cost of goods and products. From the average kazeem to the road side electrician, generator guy, painter, plumber, etc. It's like you just got back from yankee.

You should be having this conversation with employers that pay graduates 50k, 70k, 80k, etc. a month after spending more than 1-2m on school fees.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Unnerve: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
lekki1444:

1- So i parked my car in an estate in Lekki. It rained so hard on this particular day like 4 weeks ago. So i woke up and went to get my car and the inside of it was full of water. So i went ahead and used a towel to mop out all the water but i couldnt get to the water trapped underneath the carpet and after a day the car started to smell funny. So i called around and found a car wash place that said he would do it for me. I asked the guy how much he said 7000 naira. I looked at him like really ? to run a hot vacuum over the car floor for like 5 to 10 minutes is 7000 so i said all i had was 4000 and pretended like i was about to drive off and he ccalled me back and said he would do it for the 4000. So i sat down and watched. First of all i noticed that the job was taken on by 3 grown men, and secondly i noticed they took out all the back seat andd front seat of the car. they literally gutted the car to get to the water in the chasis. And then i notiiced the job was going on for like 2 hours. After observing all this I started to feel guilty for beating him down from 7000 to 4000 because i saw all that was involved.. Me i was thinking it was just a quick blow dryer job. So I called the man aside and said i was sorry for beating him down from 7000 to 4000 and that i didnt know it was that mucch work invvolved.. i said i would not give you the 7000 you asked for i will give you 8000. and he and the 3 guys were extremely happy when i gave them the 8000 after the job. Now while i was sittinng there waiting for them to finish a guy who was sat beside me called one of the hausa guys who do manicure. The hausa guy did this guys manicure for close to 30 minutes and you can look at this hausa guy and see that he was suffering. the hausa guy asked for only 200 naira for a 30 minute job and this guy started shouting that are you crazy ? i will pay you 150, now take this 200 and go and bring my 50 naira change. the hausa booy hadd to go around looking for 50 naira to give this guy. i mean someone spent 30 minutes of thheir time beautifying your nails and you cant just say here is 500 naira keep the change

Now assuming you had left your car behind and was not present with them to watch the effort they put into steam-drying the undercarpet, you still would have paid them 4000, yeah?

Well that's the real problem, ain't it? You had no idea what the job was worth and this is a real reason why a lot of people underprice products and services.
Making the assumption that a seller is overpricing is normal, this is not just a Nigerian thing because it happens everywhere.

Unless there is a printed price list or price tag on a service or product, everyone tries to bargain downwards, not just Nigerians. Even with a price list, some people will still bargain.

For informal services that depend strictly on bargaining power and goodwill, I believe it's best to have an idea on the going rates for that particular service before surmising that a chosen rate means undervaluing hardwork.
Rates can depend a lot on the reputation of the person offering the service. For instance, there are some autowashes that will bill you at least 10,000 for that same drycleaning service and once you start bargaining, they won't pay you any mind and you'll drive away with no one bothering to call you back. Same way there are autowashes you'll go and they'll tell you to pay only 2,000 with abeg just for them to dry your carpets for you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by ibkayee(f): 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
Donald3d:

This made me laugh hard and hiss in disgust at the same time. Lmao sha, Nigerians....Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Donald3d(m): 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
ibkayee:

This made me laugh hard and hiss in disgust at the same time. Lmao sha, Nigerians....Nigerians

My sister, na so we see am smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by ibkayee(f): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
Donald3d:

My sister, na so we see am smiley
Lmao it genuinely resonates with me because I work in tech, so I know how the blood and sweat that would've gone into creating something may seem 'small' to a layman, I can just imagine you asking if they meant 200k and the way you must've done a double take when the other person you mentioned offered 3k grin

God bless your hustle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by Uyi168: 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
Donald3d:

Very on point.. Especially the last part..
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by cococandy(f): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
Good thread.

I like the opinion of that guy who suggested it might be because they don’t understand what goes into the work. I want to believe they (some of them) are not mean/cold hearted but just don’t understand what it takes to achieve what they are asking for.

Another reason could be finance. People need to learn to shop within their budget. Like someone who wants to start a business but only has 150k (For example). Instead of him/her to do a business within their budget, they want a full standard website and all the frills, thus offering peanuts to website creators and stuff like that. And if you don’t accept the offer, they think you don’t want them to succeed.

And of course there are many who are just mean.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Dont Respect Each Others Time And Labor by missimelda01(f): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
An average Nigerian doesn't know the value of things. That's why hanging out with successful people eventually helps you become successful. Imagine someone comparing the glasses I sell with the ones aboki hawk around, I block off people like that.. I don't need bad energy please.

I try as much as I can to appreciate people's effort and it really hurts if they can't do the same..some will say I have high expectations but it doesn't change the fact that some people can be inhumane angry

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Could Make Her Leave Home Since Yesterday? / Are Men Naturally Polygamous? / Why I Despise My Father.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.