Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Is This True About Yorubas - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This True About Yorubas (1732 Views)

Was The US Army Handbook Right About Yorubas, Igbos, And Hausas In 1964? / What Igbo People Like About Yorubas / So What's With This Rumours About Yorubas I've Been Hearing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
That oduduwa was just a diety peculiar to the ife people and not the entire yoruba race,and that samuel johnson happens to be the first yoruba historian who trace all yorubas ancestors to ife inother to unite them after the yoruba civil war he witnessed, and that oduduwa historically existed as a diety and not human but rather a diety worshiped by the ife people

TAO11 TAO12, Olu317 MetaPhysical

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by TAO12: 2:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
gregyboy:
[s]That oduduwa was just a diety peculiar to the ife people and not the entire yoruba race,and that samuel johnson happens to be the first yoruba historian who trace all yorubas ancestors to ife inother to unite them after the yoruba civil war he witnessed, and that oduduwa historically existed as a diety and not human but rather a diety worshiped by the ife people[/s]

Eeerrm ...Mr Edeyoung, I fail to see the evidence for your 'junky' statements.

Do yourself the favour of substantiating your claim (e.g. with an attachment that supports it) -- and also reference such attachment accordingly.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by lawani: 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
According to Yoruba theology, any where designated as Ife is the first point of human civilization. There are two Oduduwas, the earlier one like his contemporary Imoles all landed from space, the later one came with an entourage probably from the Middle East because he mentioned Nimrod as his ancestor to Ife people who corrupted it too Lamurudu.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

[s]Eeerrm ...Mr Edeyoung, I fail to see the evidence for your 'junky' statements.

Do yourself the favour of substantiating your claim (e.g. with an attachment that supports it) -- and also reference such attachment accordingl[/s]

Cheers!
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
lawani:
According to Yoruba theology, any where designated as Ife is the first point of human civilization. There are two Oduduwas, the earlier one like his contemporary Imoles all landed from space, the later one came with an entourage probably from the Middle East because he mentioned Nimrod as his ancestor to Ife people who corrupted it too Lamurudu.

Oduduwa existence was a work of fiction taken too serious, Oduduwa was a diety and he never existed, like every mythology they believe a diety was thier source of creation but representing the diety as a mortal beign who came to rule was a myth taken too far

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by davidnazee: 3:03am On Jun 11, 2020
lawani:

Did you use a crystal ball to see this?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 10:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
davidnazee:

Did you use a crystal ball to see this?? grin

They know the truth about oduduwa non existence but they keep hiding it from us.....
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by macof(m): 12:20am On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Oduduwa existence was a work of fiction taken too serious, Oduduwa was a diety and never existed, like every mythology they believe a diety was thier source of thier creation but representing the diety as a mortal beign who came to rule was a myth taken too far
The deity in question is not peculiar to Yoruba. You find the same element of creation of the world symbolically representing founding of a great settlement or great era
So history inspires the myth

Umueri Igbos say Eri descended from the sky to create land and his children populated the world
Edo say same of Idu.
Yoruba same of Oduduwa

So when you think to attack Yoruba for such tradition don't forget to attack everyone that has the same tradition

Infact best you don't attack anyone at all because you just don't comprehend anything

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 12:23am On Jun 13, 2020
macof:

The deity in question is not peculiar to Yoruba. You find the same element of creation of the world symbolically representing founding of a great settlement or great era
So history inspires the myth

Umueri Igbos say Eri descended from the sky to create land and his children populated the world
Edo say same of Idu.
Yoruba same of Oduduwa

So when you think to attack Yoruba for such tradition don't forget to attack everyone that has the same tradition

Infact best you don't attack anyone at all because you just don't comprehend anything

Yea, those people leave such stories as myth and nothing more, using that myth as yardstick to claim the benin royal stool is what am against

Thesame you, who agrees now that oduduwa oduduwa is just a mere myth, will disagree tomorrow and claim oduduwa son oromiyan founded the benin royal stool in a bid satisfy your your tribalistic ego
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by macof(m): 1:16am On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Nxt tine you quote me on benin-ife relationships please quote me with ths necessary evidence
LOL.
I wouldn't stress myself teaching you something as basic as Idu
You should be ashamed of yourself as a Bini who doesn't know of Idu
Before you come to online platforms to act like you are a proud edo defender, know about what you are defending

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 1:26am On Jun 13, 2020
macof:

LOL.
I wouldn't stress myself teaching you something as basic as Idu
You should be ashamed of yourself as a Bini who doesn't know of Idu
Before you come to online platforms to act like you are a proud edo defender, know about what you are defending

Pyscho......... Best word to describe you

Our oba said ekaladeran was sent to rule ife
am even helping you guys out to call it a lie, and that no relationship existed between the both party.....

Una come see me as bad person

For a while now nobody don argue the false account of benin-ife Oduduwa myth that's holds no weight

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by macof(m): 1:52am On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Pyscho......... Best world to describe

Our oba said ekaladeran was sent to rule ife am even helping you guys out to call it a lie and that no relationship existed between the both party.....

Una come see me as bad person

For a while now nobody don argue the false account of benin-ife Oduduwa myth that's holds no weight

LOL you're not a bad person. You just don't know much grin

The ekaladaran story is not taken seriously by anyone outside Bini.. Almost half of Bini call it false especially the Ogiamien family
To top it all off, no traditional relic supports this narrative

So it doesn't matter if you support the oba or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 2:01am On Jun 13, 2020
macof:

LOL you're not a bad person. You just don't know much grin

The ekaladaran story is not taken seriously by anyone outside Bini.. Almost half of Bini call it false especially the Ogiamien family
To top it all off, no traditional relic supports this narrative

So it doesn't matter if you support the oba or not

And no sane author supports the Oduduwa existence or even support ancient political unification under ife or support any yoruba direct ancestory from ife

Bro

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by macof(m): 2:37am On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

And no sane author supports the Oduduwa existence or even support ancient political unification under ife or support any yoruba direct ancestory from ife

Bro
LOL Suzanne Blier, Omotosho Eluyemi just to mention two
You are still a small boy in this matter. Keep reading sha
God help you

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 2:44am On Jun 13, 2020
macof:

LOL Suzanne Blier, Omotosho Eluyemi just to mention two
You are still a small boy in this matter. Keep reading sha
God help you

Suzanne Blier, is simply regurgitating oral account from what she heard despite all that they still note those accounts as mythology

This one na mumu Omotosho Eluyemi abeg grin

Tell me the truth were is your ancestors from stop giving me that trash called ife
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by macof(m): 12:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

Suzanne Blier, is simply regurgitating oral history from whst she held they still note it as mythology

This one na mumu Omotosho Eluyemi abeg grin

Tell me the truth were is your ancestors from stop giving me that trash called ife
This was your comment

And I gave you two scholars who have written extensively on it grin

Small pikin still dey do you.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
macof:

This was your comment

And I gave you two scholars who have written extensively on it grin

Small pikin still dey do you.

And i gave you my screenshot which says otherwise
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by macof(m): 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

And i gave you my screenshot which says otherwise

You are real mumu grin
You said no author (I'm sure you meant scholar, cus an author can be anybody)
You said no author talks about Oduduwa's existence and the unification of Ife

I mentioned two. And you say your screenshot says otherwise
Bloody mofo, I just mentioned two scholars that talk about Oduduwa and Ife during his era

That there already renders your claim null and void
Jeez.. So dumb

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
macof:

You are real mumu grin

Bloody mofo, I just mentioned two scholars that talk about Oduduwa and Ife during his era

Jeez.. So dumb

During which era mumu did they witnessed oduduwa era or they are just reporting
What they were told

Oduduwa is a myth
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by TAO12: 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

During which era mumu oduduwa era did they witnessed oduduwa era or they are just reporting
What they were told

Oduduwa is a myth

Just as Ekeladerhan, Eweka, Ewure, et al.

Who witnessed them?
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by macof(m): 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
gregyboy:

During which era mumu oduduwa era did they witnessed oduduwa era or they are just reporting
What they were told

Oduduwa is a myth
You said no author mentions oduduwa and ife

I mentioned two

Anything else you have to say is null and void

Receive sense

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2020
macof:

You said no author mentions oduduwa and ife

I mentioned two

Anything else you have to say is null and void

Receive sense

Not all scholars agrees to your oduduwa myth, the myth became little bit believable when we edos referenced it to our ekaladeran by oba eweka 11

An oyo author Samuel johson couldn't tell the appropriate history of the Benin people ,when the connection between oyo and benin ought to be strongest than that of ife, since they were brothers state

The myth totally left oyo out of the picture even when it noted oromiyan migration to oyo

What relationship existed between benin and oyo after migration of oromiyan to oyo....

Bullshit myth

I will believe the story of Hercules than this

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
TAO12:

Just as Ekeladerhan, Eweka, Ewure, et al.

Who witnessed them?

Thier influence are still on ground bro/girl
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by davidnazee: 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
macof:

You are real mumu grin

Jeez.. So dumb

I think the scholars talk more about the disintegration of Ife..
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by macof(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
davidnazee:

I think the scholars talk more about the disintegration of Ife..
A civil war is not a disintegration. Ife was never disintegrated

And instead of trying to correct me, correct your child gregyboy that keeps saying nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by TAO12: 1:30am On Jun 14, 2020
gregyboy:

Thier influence are still on ground bro/girl

Just as Oduduwa et al's. grin

However, that's not the point here (which you raised) gayboy.

The point remains, who witnessed your Ekaladerhan et al? /s
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by gregyboy(m): 4:33am On Jun 14, 2020
Oduduwa is a myth

And nothing more is adventures to benin by oromiyan is also a myth

While the nri failed in a bid to unite all igbos into one ancestory the yorubas myth succeeded
The yorubas success could be trace to the fact it happened earlier enough, and lack of internet at the early times which could promt individual research, the only source of information were books :
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by TAO12: 5:39am On Jun 14, 2020
gregyboy:
Oduduwa is a myth

And nothing more is adventures to benin by oromiyan is also a myth ...

Just like Oba Ewuare, Ekaladerhan and others? grin

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by davidnazee: 3:12am On Jun 15, 2020
TAO12:

Just like Oba Ewuare, Ekaladerhan grin

You forgot to add mythical Ife empire.
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by TAO12: 3:19am On Jun 15, 2020
davidnazee:
You forgot to add mythical Ife empire.

Show me Ewuare before Talbot invented him to deceive your fore-parents. /s

Show me Ekaladerhan before Roth invented him to deceive your fore-parents. /s

Who witnessed them (and many other audio Obas of Benin) just like gregyboy would ask? /s

It appears that your own shallow standards hurt you so bad. grin

Moreover, you're correct about Ife, the Europeans brought Ife with them on their ships and dropped it in Osun State. /s grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Yorubas by davidnazee: 4:04am On Jun 15, 2020
TAO12:

Show me Ewuare before Talbot invented him to deceive your fore-parents. /s

Show me Ekaladerhan before Roth invented him to deceive your fore-parents. /s

Who witnessed them (and many other audio Obas of Benin) just like gregyboy would ask? /s

Moreover, you're correct about Ife, the Europeans brought Ife with them on their ships and dropped it in Osun State. /s grin grin

Actually I think you are correct about the bold statement above..
Everything we know about Ife is what the Europeans wrote.. and they all wrote that Ife is a Myth..
Re: Is This True About Yorubas by TAO12: 4:15am On Jun 15, 2020
davidnazee:

Actually I think you are correct about the bold statement above..
Everything we know about Ife is what the Europeans wrote.. and they all wrote that Ife is a Myth..
While everything you know about Benin is what God wrote and he said Benin is a Myth.

Oga, look for another corner to go lick your wound jarey!

Ma kpa okuta si oro. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quality Branded/customized T-shirts And Indian Wears / Yoruba Proverbs / Strange And Fascinating Courtship Traditions Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.