Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus (588 Views)

Billionaires Supporting Fight Against COVID-19 / Wimbledon received $141m due to Insurance against Coronavirus/other pandemics / Pastor Sells Holy Oil To Protect Members Against Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Melaninprincess(f): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to affect the global business economy and lifestyle at large, various organizations have taken it upon themselves to alleviate the effect of this crisis on the people.

In Nigeria, top organizations like banks, FMCG and telecommunications firms and a lot of private companies has continued to help the less fortunate in the society and give back to the community where they operate.

Foremost is First City Monument Bank (FCMB). The popular bank has shown commitment to doing all they can to support customers and the population as a whole through this challenging times.

As part of the Central Bank's intervention initiative with partnership with the private sector to assist the Federal Government known as CACOVID, FCMB contributed a whopping 250 million naira to help support households and businesses to reduce the impact of Coronavirus by providing personal protective equipment (PPE), building of treatment and isolation centres and distribution of food items to as much as 10 million economically vulnerable Nigerians.

Also, FCMB in partnership with the Ogun State ministry of Health is sponsoring the testing of 3000 people in Ogun State to determine their COVID-19 status. This is done to support the state government's efforts to confirm and curtail the spread of the pandemic.

They have also provided palliatives to households across the country to people whose livelihoods have been impacted by the virus.

As a bank, they're urging customers and the populace at large to continue to stay safe and continue to practice social distancing.

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Corroro: 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
Wow, what these brands are doing is really good, apparently if all the organizations do this we might not need external support after all

2 Likes

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Techm8: 4:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
It's good to see the private sector support government's efforts. We're all in this together. Kudos to FCMB

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by sureinfo: 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
It's a nice thing seeing organizations collaborate with the government to fight this virus, Ogun state are really lucky, how I wish companies will indulge in this all round the country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Dandsome: 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
Melaninprincess:
As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to affect the global business economy and lifestyle at large, various organizations have taken it upon themselves to alleviate the effect of this crisis on the people.

In Nigeria, top organizations like banks, FMCG and telecommunications firms and a lot of private companies has continued to help the less fortunate in the society and give back to the community where they operate.

Foremost is First City Monument Bank (FCMB). The popular bank has shown commitment to doing all they can to support customers and the population as a whole through this challenging times.

As part of the Central Bank's intervention initiative with partnership with the private sector to assist the Federal Government known as CACOVID, FCMB contributed a whopping 250 million naira to help support households and businesses to reduce the impact of Coronavirus by providing personal protective equipment (PPE), building of treatment and isolation centres and distribution of food items to as much as 10 million economically vulnerable Nigerians.

Also, FCMB in partnership with the Ogun State ministry of Health is sponsoring the testing of 3000 people in Ogun State to determine their COVID-19 status. This is done to support the state government's efforts to confirm and curtail the spread of the pandemic.

They have also provided palliatives to households across the country to people whose livelihoods have been impacted by the virus.

As a bank, they're urging customers and the populace at large to continue to stay safe and continue to practice social distancing.

this is a great initiative, but with all these assistance why are people still complaining that they haven't received any palliatives
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Hundjager: 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
It's a good thing to see brands doing better than over government ever could.

2 Likes

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by enoch273: 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
This is definitely a good step in the right direction, the lives of the masses matters.
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by rmbgrasscutter: 5:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dandsome:
this is a great initiative, but with all these assistance why are people still complaining that they haven't received any palliatives

You receive any?
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by hexenbiest: 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
FCMB again, thumbs up to them, and I was feeling good about the #1,000 I received just for registering an account under them.

May God keep enriching these brands for their good works.
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Behankey(m): 5:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
A lot of companies have been doing this and it's good to see this bank partake too. Apart from keeping our money for us they are also giving back to us. Well done FCMB and Cacovid
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Iceman296: 5:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
The private sector really helped our ineffective government to cushion the Corona Virus effects on Nigerians. But it can be better.
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by AmadorSays: 5:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
The help rendered to speed up the testing process will help to manage and curb this pandemic in Nigeria no doubt, but then many Nigerians don't care about the test, they are hungry and might even prefer food or cash given to them than face masks and testing kits.

1 Like

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by shiftback: 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ogun has the 4th highest covid numbers in Nigeria... hopefully with this they'll ramp up numbers of samples tested.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by MaliMillion: 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
Personally I think every company's Coperate social responsibility during this period should be focused on the covid pandemic, that way the burden on the government will be greatly reduced.

2 Likes

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Ennyholar: 6:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
ItrendNaija:
What other state are the partnering...or is it just Ogun State?

I believe they won't stop at Ogun. It should extend to other States also.
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Abiodunspectre(m): 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
FCMB that's my bank cheesy
I give kudos to them for supporting the government against COVID-19. I hope they take this amazing initiative to other states too.
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Freelancerx: 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
Abiodunspectre:
FCMB that's my bank cheesy
I give kudos to them for supporting the government against COVID-19. I hope they take this amazing initiative to other states too.
naso. It's when they are doing well that we'll see you people. Lol. They be sabi bank sha.
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by thatkindthing: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dandsome:
why wont they? People are hungry and most palliatives come in form of face masks, ventilators and testing kits, most people sef don't believe in the government anymore and are seeing the pandemic as a means to loot funds undecided. Whatever sha, it's still a good thing organizations are doing by donating
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by thatkindthing: 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ennyholar:

I believe they won't stop at Ogun. It should extend to other States also.
please they should, these kind of things need to reach everywhere
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Melaninprincess(f): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
thatkindthing:
please they should, these kind of things need to reach everywhere
they are supporting a couple of states too with other palliatives
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by saxby(f): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2020
awesome, these donations will help improve testing speed, i am already in love with this bank.

1 Like

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by saxby(f): 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
AmadorSays:
The help rendered to speed up the testing process will help to manage and curb this pandemic in Nigeria no doubt, but then many Nigerians don't care about the test, they are hungry and might even prefer food or cash given to them than face masks and testing kits.
any Nigerian who doesnt care about the tests is rather naive of the situation at hand, i get it that people are hungry but truth be told, its only someone thats healthy that will want to even eat sef, health is wealth

1 Like

Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Melaninprincess(f): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
saxby:
any Nigerian who doesnt care about the tests is rather naive of the situation at hand, i get it that people are hungry but truth be told, its only someone thats healthy that will want to even eat sef, health is wealth
I even wish we tested more people.
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Niswayne19: 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
I actually have an account with FCMB and they always make me happy and proud.
Re: How A Top Organization Is Assisting With The Fight Against Coronavirus by Mohbola(f): 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Kudos to FCMB

(1) (Reply)

China Set To Rival Dangote With Proposed $20 Billion Refinery / Multi-purpose Liquid Soap / Buying & Selling Of Phones, Laptops, Electronics, Home & Hobbies, Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.