Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate (4853 Views)

Hardship: Perform Your Lagos Miracles - Solomon Dalung Taunts Tinubu / I Now Know Who Is Who: Wike Apologises To Oshiomhole Over Obaseki's Re-Election / Obaseki’s Certificate An Incomplete Photocopy, University Of Ibadan Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by lekanolas: 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
The factional Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, Anslem Ojezua has taunted the national leader of the party, Bola Tinubu over the certificate scandal involving Governor Godwin Obaseki.

Ojezua was reacting to the clearance by the authorities of the University of Ibadan (UI) that Gov Obaseki actually graduated from the university in 1979.

Ojezua noted that the clearance by the authorities of UI has shamed all those who have been witch hunting Governor Obaseki that he never graduated from the University.

Apparently referring to Tinubu, Ojezua said “This is not a case of Toronto or Chicago”. UI is not a University that you just walk into and graduate.

Recall that Tinubu a former governor of Lagos was enmeshed in a certificate scandal in 1999. Tinubu had claimed he attended Chicago State University as indicated in his INEC form 001 filled when he contested the Lagos State governorship poll.

A firebrand lawyer and human rights activist, late Gani Fawehinmi, went to court to compel the Inspector General of Police to investigate Tinubu. Fawehinmi did not live long enough to finish the lawsuit.

Tinubu is believed to be supporting the national chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole against Obaseki.

Oshiomhole and Obaseki who were allies, are now at daggers drawn with the former backing another aspirant for the APC governorship ticket.

Oshiomhole had on Tuesday, joined critics of the governor to question his educational qualification.

“Someone should approach the UI and end this matter once and for all. If the certificate Obaseki parades is that of the UI, find out – how did he pass senate screening of those days? I’m aware that in those days when this man never dreamt of becoming a governor, every student, no matter your status or your family name, must pass screening.

“How come the UI allowed him then. Did he do a remedial? which was not unlikely. These are questions. Many (who) came in especially in education and linguistics, did remedial for one year and if the result was good, gained direct entry and graduated three years after,” Mr Oshiomhole said after inaugurating the APC’s screening and appeal committees for the Edo election.

http://newsday.com.ng/apc-chairman-taunts-tinubu-over-obasekis-certificate/

2 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by BERNIMOORE: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
Toronto to Chicago.. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by Maxymilliano(m): 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2020
Toronto saga was Salisu Buhari

Chicago saga was Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Certificate forgers masquerading as leaders.

14 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by tinsel: 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
Why are these people busy creating enemies left and right for the governor.

14 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by seanfer(m): 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Obaseki didn’t have control of his appointees. Because Tinubu didn’t do what Obaseki wants, so his appointees can start insulting him. June 22 is around the corner. Remember Tinubu don’t fight in public.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by SadiqBabaSani: 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
Table shaking...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by Mraphel: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2020
Edo drama is too shameful

Na only Edo dey for the country?

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by Mraphel: 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2020
tinsel:
Why are these people busy creating enemies left and right for the governor.
Can u imagine

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by popez: 10:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
seanfer:
Obaseki didn’t have control of his appointees. Because Tinubu didn’t do what Obaseki wants, so his appointees can start insulting him. June 22 is around the corner. Remember Tinubu don’t fight in public.

And also remember, Edo state is not Lagos state.

13 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by carterguccy(m): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2020
K
Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by joyandfaith: 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
seanfer:

Tinubu reign will come to its end. no emperor reigns forever.he may win all battles now but he cannot live forever.

8 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by Mraphel: 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
joyandfaith:

Tinubu reign will come to its end. no emperor reigns forever.he may win all battles now but he cannot live forever.
What's bad in direct primaries? Which is in line with APC constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by Mraphel: 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2020
popez:

Lagosians are more civilized and well oriented compared to them

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by freshkpomo(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
Take it or leave it Obaseki is a good governor.. There have been major reforms in several sectors,but our citizens so believe that it's only q governor that tars road that won't last a year or that fixes street lights just two weeks to elections that worked... We still have a long way to go.

Together we can make Nigeria better.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by Olugbanko: 10:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
but edo isn't Lagos na!

2 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
Toronto and Chicago!

Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by emkz: 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
Governor Obaseki, please don't listen to this man. He is busy making more enemies you don't need. This is the time to negotiate a soft landing because once they kick you out, you'd be made irrelevant.

UI said you graduated from there. Your guys taunting Tinubu is unnecessary. Tinubu could not have risen to become the treasurer of a multinational company like Exxon if he lied about his qualifications.

Your concern should be what your plan B is when you are kicked out as governor. Anslem Ojezua would avoid you like a plague.

5 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by Intrepid01(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Obaseki's and his boys at just foolish....so Tinubu who worked for many years at Exxon Mobil and rose to beco the Head of Treasury didn't go to school? some people are just dumb...

7 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by snowball11(m): 12:10am On Jun 11, 2020
popez:

Don't mind that ignoramus! They keep hawking that 'thing' like a demi-god in Lagos

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by snowball11(m): 12:16am On Jun 11, 2020
Mraphel:

Ehen,........Lagosians are more yhen, yhen, yhen! The same people who urinate and defecate all over the place like dogs are more civilized! undecided

5 Likes

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by popez: 1:52am On Jun 11, 2020
Mraphel:

This is sarcasm right? undecided
Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by kunle4toyeyaho: 2:21am On Jun 11, 2020
popez:

The same mantra that led the governor to this message. He should be grateful to his benefactors. Improper Inauguration of house by the governor is not only condemnable ,It is also ungodly.How can he deny some members-elect the opportunity to represent their constituencies and you people are still hailing him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by SalemCiti: 2:49am On Jun 11, 2020
"Someone should approach the UI and end this matter once and for all. If the certificate Obaseki parades is that of the UI, find out – how did he pass senate screening of those days? I’m aware that in those days when this man never dreamt of becoming a governor, every student, no matter your status or your family name, must pass screening.

“How come the UI allowed him then. Did he do a remedial? which was not unlikely. These are questions. Many (who) came in especially in education and linguistics, did remedial for one year and if the result was good, gained direct entry and graduated three years after,”
Mr Oshiomhole said after inaugurating the APC’s screening and appeal committees for the Edo election.

If the quoted statements were those made by Oshiomole about the Obaseki's certificate controversy and nothing more, I don't see where the statements indicate any intention to spite Obaseki by Oshiomole as reported by some sections of the media. Rather, the statements even helped to throw more lights on the possibility of graduating within three years from a University which some of Obaseki's detractors were hyping as impossible before now.

Oshiomole's statements above do not sound like a criticism of Obaseki's certificate qualification but rather a positive attempt to explain in favour of the Governor and calling on any doubter to approach the University to clear their doubts.

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by Top1gun: 3:09am On Jun 11, 2020
joyandfaith:

The only thing Tinubu need in this life is living beta than your father. He accomplished that already, let your father live forever, sebi him na Methuselah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by popez: 6:52am On Jun 11, 2020
kunle4toyeyaho:
The same mantra that led the governor to this message. He should be grateful to his benefactors. Improper Inauguration of house by the governor is not only condemnable ,It is also ungodly.How can he deny some members-elect the opportunity to represent their constituencies and you people are still hailing him

So because of that we should punish the governor by handing over the state to Tinubu?

Does your logic sound sane to you?

1 Like

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by joyandfaith: 7:25am On Jun 11, 2020
Top1gun:

T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶T̶i̶n̶u̶b̶u̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶a̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶,̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶s̶e̶b̶i̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶n̶a̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶M̶e̶t̶h̶u̶s̶e̶l̶a̶h̶
since you have decided to bring personal issue here let us start, omo ale jati jati. eranko a to sile, osi omo. I would not blame you because all your entire generations have cursed, nobody can be successful again. your father died a miserable death-magun- on top of another man's wife. please beg Tinubu so that your dying mother can have access to healthcare. you are here shouting Tinubu but your mother is living in a village hut. you cannot even send her money. you are a bastard, oponu a lai lopolo.
Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by JAMO84: 7:53am On Jun 11, 2020
Intrepid01:
Obaseki's and his boys at just foolish....so Tinubu who worked for many years at Exxon Mobil and rose to beco the Head of Treasury didn't go to school? some people are just dumb...
I dey tell you my brother, they are the real dullards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Chairman Taunts Tinubu Over Obaseki’s Certificate by Yebosola(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2020
popez:

So because of that we should punish the governor by handing over the state to Tinubu?

Does your logic sound sane to you?

So with this your stupid logic Oshio is now Tinubu?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBB Owns UBA - Kemi Olunloyo / Igbo Business Man Makes Use Of Words By Buhari To Create Wealth / Ekiti 2022: PDP To Commence Sale Of Forms On September 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.