Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President (35481 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by etokhana: 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2020
Dr Jennifer Blanke, the Vice President for Agriculture, Human and Social Development at the African Development Bank, AfDB, has on Wednesday, resigned her position.

Blanke who joined the bank in 2017, said she is leaving purely for family reasons.

Her words: “I am leaving purely for family reasons to rejoin my family in Switzerland, after a very fulfilling time at the bank. I will miss the bank and the excellent team we have built. I will continue to strongly support the bank from wherever I am.

“I thank President Akinwumi Adesina for his strong leadership, guidance, and support which have undoubtedly motivated and helped my team and I to play a key role in the transformation of the bank.

“I feel privileged to have been given an opportunity to contribute to the bank’s agenda for accelerating Africa’s social and economic transformation.”

Recall that the U.S Treasury Secretary, Steven Mnuchin, had called for an independent probe into allegations by a group of whistleblowers against the AfDB President, Akinwumi Adesina thereby rejecting plans by the bank’s board to stop the investigation on the issue.

Adesina had long denied the allegation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/breaking-jennifer-blanke-afdb-vice-president-resigns-says-she-is-leaving-purely/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by festacman(m): 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2020
This sudden resignation of Dr. Jennifer Blanke from her post as VP at African Development Bank (AfDB) might be indicative of the relentlessness of US' interference to indict Dr. Akinwumi Adesina using independent investigators.

However, as we observe closely the unfolding events, let all Nigerians be consoled by these two beautiful quotes from Dr. Jennifer Blanke's resignation letter:

“I am leaving purely for family reasons to rejoin my family in Switzerland, after a very fulfilling time at the bank. I will miss the bank and the excellent team we have built."

“I thank President Akinwumi Adesina for his strong leadership, guidance, and support which have undoubtedly motivated and helped my team and I to play a key role in the transformation of the bank."

These words of testimonies about the leadership of Dr. Akinwumi Adesina from an American-Swiss who is a renowned and globally respected development economist, with over 20 years of experience, put a big question mark on the motive behind the effort to paint Dr. Adesina black and deny him merited 2nd term as AfDB president.

124 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by baby124: 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
E pain am. Maybe Na she dem don promise Adesina position. grin cheesy. As the thing fail she don do protest resignation or maybe she has been busted as the instigator of all the issues o ya japa. Something is fishy with the resignation as it comes on the heels of Adesina not being investigated as expected.

57 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by DardyGentle(m): 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
We wish her well.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by FlordFlorez(m): 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
Matters arising. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by XXXXTENTACION: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
undecided
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Coder2Client(m): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2020
Should we be worried?

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Iytech(m): 12:00am On Jun 11, 2020
A Sign that all is not well in the AFDB.

High wired international scheming taking place behind the scene.

12 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by gambia(m): 12:03am On Jun 11, 2020
Its none of my business.

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Racoon(m): 12:22am On Jun 11, 2020
Why the sudden resignation? Hope the US is not instigating a crisis of confidence from behind? Akinwunmi Adeshina should be allowed to finish his 2nd tenure.

4 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by tillaman(m): 12:34am On Jun 11, 2020
Inevitable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SarkinYarki: 12:57am On Jun 11, 2020
festacman:
This sudden resignation of Dr. Jennifer Blanke from her post as VP at African Development Bank (AfDB) might be indicative of US unabated interference to indict Dr. Akinwumi Adesina using independent investigators.

However, as we observe closely the unfolding events, let all Nigerians be consoled by these two beautiful quotes from Dr. Jennifer Blanke's resignation letter:

“I am leaving purely for family reasons to rejoin my family in Switzerland, after a very fulfilling time at the bank. I will miss the bank and the excellent team we have built."

“I thank President Akinwumi Adesina for his strong leadership, guidance, and support which have undoubtedly motivated and helped my team and I to play a key role in the transformation of the bank."

These words of testimonies about the leadership of Dr. Akinwumi Adesina from an American-Swiss who is a renowned and globally respected development economist, with over 20 years of experience, put a big question mark on the motive behind the effort to paint Dr. Adesina black and deny him merited 2nd term as AfDB president.

So you can't see she was the petitioner .when your petitions fails the honorable thing to do is resign.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Olominira(m): 1:01am On Jun 11, 2020
She suddenly remember she has to be with her family at this critical time. Generally, people can never be trusted even though she has nice words for Adesina.

There are two things happening here, either she's leaving probably she honestly feel disappointed by the US action or she's the whistleblower and things not going as planned making it a game over

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by ursullalinda(f): 4:02am On Jun 11, 2020
She could also be resigning genuinely.......let's not rush into conclusion.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by kayusely70(m): 5:41am On Jun 11, 2020
The intrigues continue

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by seunmsg(m): 6:13am On Jun 11, 2020
Those behind the failed petition are gradually resigning in shame.

4 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by phemmyfour: 6:39am On Jun 11, 2020
Things fall apart
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Azmanaty: 6:42am On Jun 11, 2020
Soldier go soldier come, Akinwumi remain.

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by chinavs9ja(m): 7:45am On Jun 11, 2020
Next person please!

Check my signature
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Roon9(m): 7:45am On Jun 11, 2020
Isn't that what the Yorubas call japa grin

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2020
Serves her right
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by ForeThinker: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2020
Power pass power
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by IYANGBALI: 7:47am On Jun 11, 2020
She no even fine sef
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by solmus: 7:47am On Jun 11, 2020
cool

fvck off madam

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by DModeCntStopMe: 7:47am On Jun 11, 2020
shocked

Something is definitely not right with AfDB, I believe the truth would be made open soon.

I think we are in for some kind of surprises.

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Goke7: 7:48am On Jun 11, 2020
witch fly for night, pikin die the following morning grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Adedotguy: 7:48am On Jun 11, 2020
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Asks Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Southern States / Kashim Shettima, Ganduje, Sanwo-Olu & Others At Alaba Rago Today / Kogi: INEC Makes A U-turn, Declares PDP Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.