Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Why I chose islam My True Life Story - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why I chose islam My True Life Story (411 Views)

The Boy Sending Emails From His Grave � True Life Story / Why Was My Thread On Why I Left Islam Removed / Why King Abdullah Chose Jews As His Bodyguards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I chose islam My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 7:17am On Jun 11, 2020
This is a true life story of me i dont mean to ridicle any religion cos i know most of us joined religion through birth and we follow what the spirit tells us. So how do we know which spirit is truely right or wrong without experiencing both sides spiritually since they are both comming as light and not darkness to their followers.
Asalamualaykum brothers and sisters, I happened to be one of the few people who have experienced spirituality in both Christianity and Islam simultaneously at the same time. When I say "spirituality" I mean received visions and messages through dreams hearing of voices from both religion I realised they are not the same truly. So Anyone saying the Christians and Muslims are worshipping the same God is totally wrong. I had to choose one because I couldn't serve two masters and I had to take my time before choosing so as not to end up with the wrong God.
The christianic spirit was trying to show me that christianity is the way while Allah was making me to see Islam as the way. I was not born like this it started when I was at the age of 23. To be continued...
Re: Why I chose islam My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 7:50am On Jun 11, 2020
I was born into an Islamic family but I wasn't a devoted muslim like I don't observe salat often but I was a Muslim. Since childhood I regularly sense a hand holding me down in my sleep when I am about to wake up which some people have proven to be "sleep paralysis" well at the time I didn't know anything about sleep paralysis. So I believed it could be some form of demonic attack.
I told my parent about it, my dad took me to an Islamic spiritualist he made some incisions on my head and assured me that it won't occur again when I was expecting him to give me some prayer point. But even after all that it didn't stop so I became used to it since it is not killing me it is just holding me down for some minutes "sleep paralysis" . Don't forget I was a Muslim but not devoted one.
I got admission to unilorin for my master program and a coursmate of mine was a pastor spiritually grounded. I noticed I always sleep in class whenever class is going on I don't concentrate so I approached my coursemate "the pastor" and told him what I was facing, he told me it was demonic attack and the hands holding me down in my dreams are demons. He said he will help me, he gathered his fellowship members a prophecy came to him confirming the demonic attack so we are to fast for 3 days and pray on a mountain the third day... We did that actually and it was successful and I accepted Christ as my lord and savior, I was a bible to study and a prayer point to pray at night. I was giving a name at the spot "Apostle Paul" due to the believe that Jesus is calling me to be an Apostle I did that and had 2 dream that particular night. First one I saw a very bright light second someone one placed a hand on my head and said received the holy spirit and I felt some vibrations in my body which also took effect in the physical realm at that moment I knew something as entered inside of me. I continued to fellowship with the Christians but after 5day I started having doubt for no reason, the holy spirit is speaking to me I was seeing visions yet I was still wondering how Jesus can possibly be God cos i taught in Islam that jesus was just a prophetright from childhood but this spirit was making me to see Jesus as God so this put doubts in my mind.
Left to me I prefer the Islamic doctrine but I have never had dream or vision before in my life about islam so it was now difficult for me to go back to Islam after experiencing all this.. To be continued
Re: Why I chose islam My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 8:37am On Jun 11, 2020
So I decided to meet some Alfas at Ilorin and told them about what I was experiencing if they can try to convince me back because I was already seeing christiainic visions how can I possibly go back in my mind it seems impossible to me unless Allah can give me Islamic visions and convince me back to Islam cos at this stage reading the "Quran" was not enough anymore which is what the Alfas were trying to tell me to do. so It seems I was fighting a lost battle because I never Muslims do dream and see visions too..
But the obstacle here is that Alfas can't make me see Islamic vision but only wishes guide me so they struggled to convince me. They told me the Christians are using they gave me a prayer book to pray and told to ensure that my salat(prayer) is complete and that the christianic spirit won't come to me again...
Well I tried it actually it worked for like 2weeks I didn't see any christianic visions again but I also didn't see Islamic vision or dreams so at that I followed Islam with faith not because I was convinced left to me the christianic spirit tried its possible best I just didn't yield. But the very mistake I made was that I thought everything was over so I stopped both the prayer and salat even though I was a muslim but I wasn't fellowshipping with christian either. So now I started having strange(bad) dreams about death, falling from high places, having sex in dreams e.t.c this was not part of my problems before now it just start all of a sudden I didn't know who to run to maybe Christians or the Muslims.
I decided to tell my "pastor coursemate" about it he said, he can't help me this time unless I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and saviour I told him I would come back. I went to meet the Alfa again he told me to continue the prayer they gave to me that the cause of it all was because I stopped the prayer.. I started again but not as devoted as before so there was no changes I just did not want to go and meet the Christians for no reason... This bad dreams an co went on for like roughly 2 months and it has started to have an effect on my academics. I went home to tell my parents about what is happening to me my dad took me to another Islamic spiritualist who gave me soap to bath with and some cream to rub off my body, another Islamic spiritualist gave me an amulet to always were.
The last spiritualist we went to gave me a prayer book that was exactly the same as some given to me at Ilorin and also performed "ruqya" on me but it didn't have any effect on me. To be continued
Re: Why I chose islam My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 8:48am On Jun 11, 2020
So I thought to my self it seems Islam is not working I have to back to Christianity now I believed I tried my best giving Islam a chance but then I wasn't just cos I was not following Islamic rules like the 5 daily salat how do I possibly expect Allah to interfere then.
So I went back to the Christians I told them I was ready to join Christianity and accept Jesus as my lord and saviour. It was at this point Allah interfered in this matter o I couldn't believe it how can there possibly be two different Gods claiming to be creator... To be continued
Re: Why I chose islam My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2020
My pastor prayed with me and also told me to pray some certain prayers at night like "Jesus reveal yourself to me", " holy spirit come inside of me" e.t.c I did as told and I experienced what I have never in my life.
I was on my bed and i started praying as told I felt like wind was blowing heavily to me my lips started stammering I guess that what christians call "speaking in tongues". As I was praying I felt something was entering inside of me well I was happy cos I have already made up my mind to follow Christ I slept and the vision I saw shocked..
"I saw my imam at home I told I was ready to leave Islam to join Christianity he asked me why I told him I didn't meet either Muhammed or Jesus I was only exposed to bible and Quran so I didn't which is truly true and he told me don't join the Christians" I woke up that was my first time of seeing Islamic vision but what surprised me more was I was praying in a christianic way and I was seeing signs physically. I never knew muslims do see visions but the question on my mind was "How was Allah able to dominate my vision"? When I didn't pray to him. To be continued
Re: Why I chose islam My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 11:06am On Jun 11, 2020
I told my pastor about the dream he said didn't understand it either. He said he saw a vision of his own too of Muslims calling me back to Islam. So we prayed together again, he was speaking in tongues I was silently reciting ayat kurisiyu from the Quran at that moment a spiritual clash was occurring between the 2 of us.
What he intended to do didn't work because of what I was reciting. I only did that to confirm if we are both calling on the same God now is getting glaring that they are not the same God.
At that moment if I pray in a Christianic way it will work I feel the presence of the holy spirit if I also in Islamic it will also work I also feel its presence now I am already going crazy which one will I choose when they are not the same.
So I decided not to go to both the pastor and Alfa anymore and find out since I have the ability to call on both and they will answer so now I have to find the truth myself at this moment no pastor and no alfa but it was time for me to test those spirits myself and find the truth. To be continued
Re: Why I chose islam My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
Now i see visions and dreams everyday somtimes not knowing which of the Gods is showing me So I started praying without mentioning both Jesus and Allah, I just say my creator, creator of heaven and earth.
Left to me though I prefer the Islamic doctrine that Jesus was a prophet but then Allah started exerting his dominance by giving me series of visions and dreams about the true nature of Christianity...

"In a vision I saw a lot of Christians chasing me but I was just too fast they couldn't get when I got to a place of shelter I raised my hand and i said Allahu Akbar(meaning Allah is the greatest) in a dream o.

" I heared a voice on a dream of Allah making to know that if I follow the rules and commandments no one can take me from him that I should not fear any other spirits"

"In another vision I found myself in the midst of Christians and I wanted to leave one of them pushed as the person was pushing I was getting like falling under anointing but the moment I said auzubillahi minnashaitani rajim(meaning I seek refuge in Allah from shaitan) they all scattered.

" I was told in a dream not to worship creation but the creator"

At this moment the Christianic spirit was not coming anymore maybe because I was not praying to it anymore.

"I saw another vision one time I was in a church and a pastor was telling me Christ is the highest source of power the moment I woke up something wanted to enter inside of me i guess the "holy spirit" cos it was like a rushing wind and I recited ayat kurisiyu from the Quran and it left immediately"

"I saw a banner in a dream one time written on it was Jesus is God then all of a sudden " Jesus" was stroked out and replaced with Allah"

And many more that I can't even mention here i just cherry picked some.

Right now I see vision and dreams everyday at least 3 per night but it is completely Islam now .
I don't mean to ridicule anyone or any religion its just from my personal experience that I share, May God Almighty Lead us to the right part. Amen

And remember life is a test for everyone of us.
Re: Why I chose islam My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
Allah SWT said:

قُلْ مَنْ رَّبُّ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالْأَرْضِ قُلِ اللَّهُ  ۚ قُلْ أَفَاتَّخَذْتُمْ مِّنْ دُونِهِۦٓ أَوْلِيَآءَ لَا يَمْلِكُونَ لِأَنْفُسِهِمْ نَفْعًا وَلَا ضَرًّا  ۚ قُلْ هَلْ يَسْتَوِى الْأَعْمٰى وَالْبَصِيرُ أَمْ هَلْ تَسْتَوِى الظُّلُمٰتُ وَالنُّورُ  ۗ أَمْ جَعَلُوا لِلَّهِ شُرَكَآءَ خَلَقُوا كَخَلْقِهِۦ فَتَشٰبَهَ الْخَلْقُ عَلَيْهِمْ  ۚ قُلِ اللَّهُ خٰلِقُ كُلِّ شَىْءٍ وَهُوَ الْوٰحِدُ الْقَهّٰرُ
"Say, Who is Lord of the heavens and earth? Say, Allah. Say, Have you then taken besides Him allies not possessing [even] for themselves any benefit or any harm? Say, Is the blind equivalent to the seeing? Or is darkness equivalent to light? Or have they attributed to Allah partners who created like His creation so that the creation [of each] seemed similar to them? Say, Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the One, the Prevailing."
(QS. Ar-Ra'd 13: Verse 16)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

(1) (Reply)

200+ Quran Verses Missing From A Single Chapter! / I Need Deliverance. I Am Losing My Faith / 3 Nigerians Injured In Macca Grand Mosque Tragedy – NAHCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.