Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

We Need Our National ID Cards - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We Need Our National ID Cards (31270 Views)

Missing Wallet, ID Cards & Money Found By A Lady (Photos) / Osinbajo: How Youth Contributed To Building Nigeria, Increase Our National Pride / NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Nnemuka(f): 11:24am On Jun 11, 2020
Did mine in 2012, till date nothing
8years of waiting for my nimc Card
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by emperorlaqrin: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2020
OneKinGuy:

which country?

Long story
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by emperorlaqrin: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2020
IME1:

You be Anthony Joshua grin cool shocked

Yeah I wan fight Tyson fury cheesy grin
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Femeto: 11:25am On Jun 11, 2020
Adejoncy01:
I saw a news earlier which the director of NIMC was saying less than 100 million Nigerians have any means of identity.

Now, my issue is, have they issued ID cards to the ones who have registered for it?

I've registered for the National ID card for not less than 3 good years without my ID card.
This is an era where banks give ATM cards instantly. What stop NIMC from emulating them.

Someone should tell NIMC that we need our National ID card!
Don't mind that man.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Ojycelarma: 11:27am On Jun 11, 2020
Okay

1 Like

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 11, 2020
Ayt27:
I don't even know the status of mine, I have NIN number but no ID card.
Funny thing is I got the NIN from my GTB USSD platform

Same thing here. I saw my NIN in my GTB platform and also when I check my pension balance on the stanbic ibtc pensions platform
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by OKTolu: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2020
9ja everything na scam
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Ayt27(m): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2020
GODPUNISHUNA:

Same thing here. I saw my NIN in my GTB platform and also when I check my pension balance on the stanbic ibtc pensions platform

My guess is the banks have access to NIN data for synchronisation, it's either bankS or NIN cross matched and when they verified BVN they Issued NIN numbers.

1 Like

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by monaPhilz: 11:39am On Jun 11, 2020
prekumohtim:

I was called to pick mine after 7 years of registration. The process is just too slow
Simple thing. Sack those snails and employ humans

1 Like

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by IME1: 11:39am On Jun 11, 2020
emperorlaqrin:

Yeah I wan fight Tyson fury cheesy grin

Na only Anthony Joshua do NIMC sharp sharp oh
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Chirowman(m): 11:42am On Jun 11, 2020
is this not foolishness, trying to defend their incompetency .
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by richard870(m): 11:42am On Jun 11, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
They can make voters card available in two weeks during election period, but they can't make nimc card available.. Very incompetent people!!
Thats the spirit of corruption
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by walezy85: 11:45am On Jun 11, 2020
Yeye people one cant even contact them
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by NisforNicky: 11:49am On Jun 11, 2020
IME1:
cheesy
Me I'm indifferent oh, as someone said above who Nigerian identity epp tongue I'm a proud happy Nigerian oh don't mind me. But as I stepped out of the NIMC office the day I did mine (maybe 100 years ago) after paying for fuel and refusing to pay for lamination, I removed my mind. Whenever the are ready they should give me. The only ID I am managing is voters card. My passport has expired and Buhari's new cost is unnecessary and ridiculously high. My drivers license has spelling error caused by the FRSC woman and I've to wait till it expires they say before I can rectify it. Many places don't accept work and school ID so wetin, na NEPA bill or garbage bill or TIN card I go dey carry about?
undecided I beg finish cleaning, make I dey begin go before traffic go build...

you are a funny fellow
cheesy

thanks for making me smile smiley
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by ofiko123(m): 11:50am On Jun 11, 2020
Yes we need our national identity cards...things like this cannot happen in saner countries like the united states..
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 11, 2020
I registered in 2014 and I'm still waiting for my ID card. The passport photo they took 5+ years ago doesn't even look like me right now grin.

But seriously. Can we all agree that exercise was just another massive scam? Project was awarded, but no delivery. Who are they deceiving?

1 Like

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by olax02(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2020
Mine was since 2015, and up to this moment no call, no text message from them...this country is a joker..
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by eneyoduke(m): 11:55am On Jun 11, 2020
E don set for them, we there on our own not until their fake news was publish
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by alexola20(m): 11:57am On Jun 11, 2020

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by phemmyfour: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2020
Adejoncy01:
I saw a news earlier which the director of NIMC was saying less than 100 million Nigerians have any means of identity.

Now, my issue is, have they issued ID cards to the ones who have registered for it?

I've registered for the National ID card for not less than 3 good years without my ID card.
This is an era where banks give ATM cards instantly. What stop NIMC from emulating them.

They ll tell you that you already have an identification no. To them, NIN is importanter not the card
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by extremelygolden: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
Adejoncy01:

When my registration lasted 3 years + without notifications to come pick up my Card, I visited their office at Nigeria Civil Defence Office Complex in Alausa, Ikeja, though my registration was done at their Lagos headquarters, Ikoyi. Reason was that I thought it would be attended to earlier than those done elsewhere. cheesy

Do you know what they asked me after confirming from me the exact time and place I did my registration?

[/b]Only 3 years + and you're here disturbing us? What of people that registered years before you?[b]

I was completely speechless by that question and their arrogance.

A year and some months after that visit, I received a message from NIMC asking me to come pick up my National ID at Bonny Cantonment, Victoria Island. Initially I thought it was a scam. I googled and found out my card was ready for collection.
It was actually produced about 2 months after my registration, but they decided to use it to decorate their office for more than 4 years.

I eventually went to collect it, and it was already near expiration. And the cards I saw in that office that day was several millions. Those of us that came for collection were just glancing at the heaps of cards stacked almost room full and glaring at ourselves. We couldn't talk because the collection centre was right there in the middle of the Cantonment.

Only God knows why they decided to hold on to people's cards.

2 Likes

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Melanyn(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
I swear since 2017...
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by Adakaazubuike(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
I registered since march 2014 till today but I have not received my permanent id card

What a useless country

Adejoncy01:

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by avast01(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
IME1:
cheesy
My drivers license has spelling error caused by the FRSC woman and I've to wait till it expires they say before I can rectify it. ...

will it be corrected if lost ??
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by greenskittles: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
Adejoncy01:

A few months ago they made a press release saying that slip you're given upon registration serves as your ID card
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by ladundami: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
I got my card after five years of registration. Itz more than five years now, my wife is yet to get hers.
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by emperorlaqrin: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
IME1:

Na only Anthony Joshua do NIMC sharp sharp oh

No be only Anthony Joshua ooo
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by paix(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
realstars:
Maybe They Are Not Ready To Identify The People They Put To Cronic Poverty, After Votting Them Into The Power Of The Looters.,
INTEGRITY

1 Like

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by paix(m): 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
greenskittles:

A few months ago they made a press release saying that slip you're given upon registration serves as your ID card
That's why it doesn't have EXPIRY date.

1 Like

Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by paix(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
Adakaazubuike:
I registered since march 2014 till today but I have not received my permanent id card

What a useless country

Same here!
Re: We Need Our National ID Cards by FromZeroToHero(m): 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
I did mine since 2015 and up till now its not ready. I have willed it to my grandchildren if it will be ready by then o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? / "Cows Are Historic More Than Some Tribes In Nigeria" - Fulani Man Says. Photos / Lifeless Body Of An Elderly Man Along Airport Road Ikeja [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.