Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,756 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights (34150 Views)

How Much Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou Made From The Fight Last Night / Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury In War Of Words / Anthony Joshua And Sister, Janet Joshua On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by ogbiwa: 7:55am On Jun 11, 2020
British world heavyweight champions Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury have agreed to a two-fight deal, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

Talks over a historic bout for the undisputed title began in early May.

Joshua, 30, holds the WBA, IBF and WBO belts while 31-year-old Fury is the WBC champion.

"It's fair to say [Joshua and Fury] are in agreement regarding the financial terms," Hearn, who is Joshua's promoter, told Sky Sports News.

"We're in a good place. It's fair to say that, in principle, both guys have agreed to that fight. Two fights."

Fury expressed his delight at the news in a social media post. The Manchester-born boxer said he would fight Joshua in 2021, but would first have to overcome the "hurdle in the road" Deontay Wilder, in a third meeting. Fury is contracted to fight the American, from whom he won the WBC title in February.

Joshua, who reclaimed his world titles in December, has to face his mandatory challenger, Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev, when the sport fully resumes after the coronavirus shutdown.

Hearn added: "There is still a lot to overcome. We are looking at venues and dates.

"We've been talking to [Fury's management team] MTK, giving them the assurances from Joshua's side that all the details on the structure of the deal is approved from our side. And it is from Fury's side, as well."

'Biggest sporting event in UK since England won World Cup'

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, Fury's promoter, Frank Warren, said: "The only way it could not happen is if one of the guys gets beat."

He added: "Every one wants it to happen. For me this will be the biggest sporting event in this country with these fighters - four belts on the line, two Brits fighting for the world title, both champions. This is just mega. I think it'll be the biggest sporting event in this country since England won the World Cup in '66.

"Fury is really happy… it's something he wants, something he's wanted for a long, long time.

"I think it's a great fight for both of them and for fans in this country and round the world.

"It's not going to get any more competitive than this."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/52997084

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by logon599: 7:55am On Jun 11, 2020
I read an interview by Fury's wife after the Wilder fight and ever since then I've surprisingly come to like the guy, so I must say I don't know which side I'll be on for this one.

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

13 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Emmacolinho(m): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2020
Issorite
Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by yanabasee1(m): 9:04am On Jun 11, 2020
Fury is a dedicated boxer and he's got too much strength in him....And he's got full confidence and always fearless.... AJ is fearful and doesn't have much confidence.....

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Ejima1: 9:14am On Jun 11, 2020

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by RedDoor: 10:30am On Jun 11, 2020
cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Johnbosco77(m): 10:30am On Jun 11, 2020
AJ all the way......

Like to AJ......

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by valves: 10:30am On Jun 11, 2020
This is going to be the ultimate test for AJ yet.

I believe Fury is currently the favourite. AJ needs to be at his best to beat Furry.

I support AJ.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by DriggityDre: 10:30am On Jun 11, 2020
Definitely gonna see that fight.

If AJ can be swift to counter his jabs, then he might win; else, my mind's on Tyson.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by ednut1(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
Only one winner. If wilder cannot ko fury,Joshua cannot. Fury is a better boxer with stamina. AJ has stamina issues and a limited boxer. Sorry aj

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by MerisaJ: 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
New videos of Davido's girfriend and mother of his new baby boy Larissa London is trending online. See what Davido saw that made him cheat on long time lover, The Chef Chi.

Watch the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1wn3MhL-Q
Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by nemelu123(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
Na to beat AJ dy hungry Fury since

His happy he have gotten the deal

14 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Sacchi1162(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
When Fury is done beating the hell out of Wilder again, then he'll become undisputed by knocking out Joshua... God bless the Gypsy King

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Ayemileto(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
cool
Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Offpoint: 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
May the best fighter wins...

I've find out a way to drive free unlimited traffic to your blog, website and affiliate links.

Follow the link on my signature, after you are done registering and Inputing your site and doing the necessary settings, click STURF, click START STURFING and minimize your browser...

That's it, wait for the magic

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Onyi22(f): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
My love will surely win

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Built2last: 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
This fight will be divided by Race

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by obajoey(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
Padi padi no dey for boxing o.
Somebody go chop am well well that day but I no wan mention name cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Ayt27(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
Fury's like a crazy tornado, making him difficult to predict and his punches carry better weight, ask Wilder. Factors like stamina(AJ is lacking in stamina), being able to convert every opening will matter alot. If anyone wins it would be by an inch or two.

Personally, I think this will be the toughest fight for both sides, it's tough to call all I can say is they are evenly matched, but my money seems to be on Fury.

Luck dey for sports no be for boxing

Modified:
I pick Fury not because he may/may not be better fighter, he seems to have that serial killer look in his eyes, natural born predators, which is what you def want in a boxer.

19 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Finnese001: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2020
Lol is he tired of running away... fury go beat this guy ehn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by addexx: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2020
cool
Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by redcliff: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2020
this guy for enjoy this belt till next year ending before he release am na....damn!

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by DontBullshitMe: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2020
The gypsy king. grin

The winner will be decided on points. If at all a KO will happen, AJ will be the victim.

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by Naija4love(m): 10:32am On Jun 11, 2020
What 2021 why if him bone done weak before den, I beg make the fight start next month

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by AmazingELixir: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2020
lipsrsealed

Over hyped fight....they should get done with it already.
Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by saxby(f): 10:33am On Jun 11, 2020
i know A.J my love will come out winner kiss. who would subcribe for me, i would love to watch that match live on my TECNO phone

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua And Tyson Fury Agree A Deal For Two Historic Fights by edidiongmichael(m): 10:33am On Jun 11, 2020
Joshua will miss the match. Vision 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard / Jesse Lingard Reacted To Marcos Rashford Penalty (pics/video) / Papa Eaglets And Our Cheating Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.