Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed (18536 Views)

Christians In Bauchi Reject COVID-19 Vaccines - Governor Bala Mohammed / Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus / Bala Mohammed Tests Positive For COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by ExAngel007(f): 8:29am On Jun 11, 2020
Fifteen COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Came From Infection-Free Calabar – Gov. Mohammed

Bauchi state Governor, Bala Mohammed, has cast aspersions on Cross River state’s COVID-19-free status.

In a press briefing on Wednesday, Mr. Mohammed said 15 COVID-19 cases in Bauchi were people travelling from Calabar, Cross River’s capital city.

He also threatened to lock down Bauchi city if the number of infections continues to rise.

According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Cross River state is the only region in the country without any confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus.

“I don’t want to join issues with anybody,” Mohammed said. “But I want to tell Nigerians that they are going to be accountable to God.

“There is no need pretending that this thing is not there. We as leaders, we must come out and face the challenges.

“We in Bauchi, we are not pretending.”

Bauchi reported a daily record high of 69 COVID-19 cases on Tuesday.

The Governor blamed the rising cases of infections on people’s lax attitude towards health guidelines such as handwashing, use of sanitisers and face masks.

“Some of our places of worship, especially the mosques, they are the epicentre of infections, and nobody is doing anything,” he said.

“I am pleading with the people of Bauchi, if this thing continues to happen – we are bordered by seven states, some of them are worse – in order to secure the common people of Bauchi, I might have to lock up Bauchi.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/06/10/fifteen-covid-19-cases-in-bauchi-came-from-infection-free-calabar-gov-mohammed/

3 Likes

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by FlordFlorez(m): 8:35am On Jun 11, 2020
Which cross river abeg. U beta keep ur virus and stop pointing fingers. Stupid leaders always politicising every issues.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by chatinent: 8:38am On Jun 11, 2020
Incompetent lots always blaming and lampooning others for their misdemeanors.

17 Likes

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 11, 2020
So if virus no de, make i claim say e de... Na wa oh

16 Likes

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by Fasindo: 8:48am On Jun 11, 2020
shocked

Very true.

The governor is very right.
The poverty nd almajiri that litters everywhere in Bauchi also came from Cross River State.
The high literacy rate in Bauchi also came from Cross River state

By the way the governor should do something about light in Bauchi, I can't remember d last time we had light in Tafawa Belewa local govt.

34 Likes

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by Caseless: 8:53am On Jun 11, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Which cross river abeg. U beta keep ur virus and stop pointing fingers. Stupid leaders always politicising every issues.
People like you are the reasons we are ruled in the most shabby way. What's politicizing the issue if he ask his colleague to face reality? Are they not from the same party?

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by Amotolongbo(f): 9:08am On Jun 11, 2020
But the state government has repeatedly
said the measures it put in place worked in
making Cross River free of the disease
An undercover investigation by
TheCable had exposed the lapses in Cross
River’s effort to tackle COVID-19.
Which measure did Cross River government put in place inside this Nigeria that could have made the state free of any recorded case?

Developed nations could not even curb the spread of the virus among their states, provinces and prefectures with more reasonable measures.

Ben Ayade should stop deceiving himself

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by Nbote(m): 9:14am On Jun 11, 2020
D fact dat most governors do not want to face d reality on ground and take dis pandemic serious is d major reason why Nigerians doubt d pandemic and d govt.. U can imagine states who have not carried out mass testing of its ppl claiming dey are covid 19 free..

40 Likes

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by bright007(f): 9:14am On Jun 11, 2020
grin grin
Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:15am On Jun 11, 2020
Gov. Ben Ayade just dey fool him mama age, no be us he go fool o. Him fellow Idi.ot Yahaya bello dn get sense, him no wan get abi e no like cash out from the covik 19 plandemic

Ben Ayade tell your house of assembly wey dem accept dat judge from Akwa-Ibom.

Cross river people dem dey craze o, all those burn wey dem burn thief and dem still dey catch covik19 since? How many thiefs dem dn burn this lockdown? I no believe am.

But Bala Muhammad you recover from covik na, use the drugs wey dem tey treat you, treat Dem na

Fasindo:
shocked

Very true.

The poverty nd almajiri that litters everywhere in Bauchi also came from Cross River State.

By the way the governor should do something about light in Bauchi, I can't remember d last time we had light in Tafawa Belewa local govt.
Wetin dey worry you, dem talk one thing you dey talk another thing, na Almajiri do you? All these Afonja people self

6 Likes

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by ODJ124(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2020
Hmm... me I no wan talk anything...

...Weed can make you go home and look at your wife for 10 minutes and ask her my sister when are you getting married ���...

1 Like

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by happyeaster157: 9:15am On Jun 11, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Which measure did Cross River government put in place inside this Nigeria that could have made the state free of any recorded case?

Almighty nations could not even curb the spread of the virus among their states, provinces and prefectures.

Ben Ayade should stop deceiving himself

2 Likes

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by inforesource: 9:15am On Jun 11, 2020
Funny indeed. The governor is too proud looking for my liking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by seunlayi(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2020
Cross Riverians are deceiving themselves. How can your neighbours be having and you will be claiming you are Covid-19 free? Yete dey sheep

6 Likes

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by iamauxin(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2020
Nigerian leaders will always shift blames to others

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by OakRealtorsNG: 9:16am On Jun 11, 2020
this is serious..
Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by madamori9: 9:16am On Jun 11, 2020
I actually believe there might be cases in Cross River. However, the governor should stop shifting blames. If they patients are actually from Cross River, what is he done to limit movements?
Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 11, 2020
Yet some are clamoring for direct primaries in Edo state just because they want to spite the Governor but wont mind the pandemic ravaging the people.

1 Like

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2020
what a governor
Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by MelesZanawi: 9:16am On Jun 11, 2020
FlordFlorez:

Look at Sanwo-Olu and look at the Hushpuppi in Cross River. Are you not ashamed that you have dedicated your life to defending foolishness?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by Omoiyaa: 9:17am On Jun 11, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Very true.

must you lie? You're just displaying nothing but hatred for the north in your post and I'm very sure you're an igbo. This same Almajiri system you are using to insult the state is no more. As for light and development bauchi is far batter than all the eastern. I did my service in bauchi and I will chose bauchi over any state in the south east any day any time

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by IamPatriotic(m): 9:17am On Jun 11, 2020
Lols , see casting

1 Like

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by FirstSon01: 9:17am On Jun 11, 2020
Matter don tie wrapper
Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by akmath: 9:17am On Jun 11, 2020
But no inter state movement na, why they allow people from Cross River State enter Bauchi?
Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by sammysmiles(m): 9:17am On Jun 11, 2020
Must he tell lies.... What's his problem and how did he come up with his senseless fact
Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by Jh0wsef(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2020
lol
Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by ibbo: 9:18am On Jun 11, 2020
They coming from cross river state doesn't mean that they got infected in cross river.

2 Likes

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by sofiscatedmoron: 9:18am On Jun 11, 2020
Audio and lies,

1 Share

Re: 15 COVID-19 Cases In Bauchi Are From Cross River - Governor Bala Mohammed by pretydiva(f): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2020
But the Government of the state said the state is free of the virus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Interesting Facts About Dentists And Teeth / Nano-particles & Bee Venom Can Kill HIV – New Study / Broken Jaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.