Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha (38958 Views)

Ngige: I Have Consulted God, Angel And Arch-Angels On My Presidential Ambition / Abba Kyari: 3 US Law Firms Consulted To Defend DCP / The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by FEGNO: 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
All these efforts to whitewash Abacha's can only be rivalled by Goebbels propaganda machine when Germans where told they had conquered Europe even as Allied and Russian troops were pouring into Berlin. We all know the truth and whether they call it Abacha asset oh or Abacha savings, loot nah loot. Thieving fools

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by 9gerian: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
This is super story...

There’s so much malfeasance in the Nigerian space, else, we won’t have such people boldly trying to defend the indefensible.

ijustdey:
Abacha loot: Emirs and Chiefs were consulted when money was kept overseas ― Al-Mustapha

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/abacha-loot-emirs-and-chiefs-were-consulted-when-money-was-kept-overseas-―-al-mustapha/

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Hienna(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
Mr abdulsalam can explain better
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by ledaman: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
Stupid analysis from a stupid a man,Nigeria were to be sanctioned yet money was still transferred abroad stupid man. undecided

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Emmanuelcann: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
It's true. I was very aware of it also.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Biodun1929(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2020
baby124:
But Abachas wife confessed that they can never be poor. Relating to the lots stashed abroad. If it was Nigeria’s loot it will be in the country’s name. Not Abachas name. Besides which one of those Emirs or chiefs will refuse? So Abacha can send you to kill them abi?

Did you ever watch a video where Abacha's wife said that? Or you just heard someone say she said so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by AerialMapper: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
This story get as e be

Buhari was in that government; he wasnt aware of this? Anyway, seems he has a track record of not being aware

Here is the real story.. He knew about the money; many of the the people in the current government did as well

This was the reason why he struggled to come to power to enable them not only bring in the money without repercussions but also share it illegally through useless programmes
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Biodun1929(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
Openbusiness:
Honestly, I am inclined to see reason in this Al Mustapha story. Because out of all the corrupt thieves in this country that stashed money abroad, how come it is only so-called Abacha loot that everybody knows where and which country it is kept. And those governments abroad return it back without issue. Because no other person's loot have same recovery and announcements like Abacha own. Maybe it's because it wasn't a loot. Maybe it was a savings. I think this account is actually believable. I know Abacha is not a saint but compared to the devils in power today, Abacha was a good Head of State abeg

Most reasonable comment on this thread. People don't want to read and reason logically because of the picture of Abacha they have in their minds as an evil man.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Biodun1929(m): 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
Openbusiness:

They didn't go to court to stop the FG from recovering Abacha money abroad. They went to court to stop FG from recovering the money in their own account. The money they got from Abacha or should I say got for being an Abacha family. I'm not saying Abacha is 100% clean, but i'm saying his stashes abroad were well documented, people knew where to look and how to find it. The records were available. So I think it might actually not been a loot after all. Can the FG find other thief politicians loot of today, all their loot being well documented to find like the Abacha own? And as for Abacha family living like Kings and Queens. Very true, I agree with you. But what about the thieves in power today? They are living like Emperors and gods.

Exactly! You have said it all. Also, Patience Jonathan went to court to stop the government from acquiring the riches she obviously amassed from the government when her husband was president. What are people saying about that.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Biodun1929(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
marijay:
I think I believe this story.. If he did stole the money, his family members will be signatories to the accounts..

My thoughts anyways

A thinking mind.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Kaytixy: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
This man is too loyal to Abacha. Even wen d man don die
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Biodun1929(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
CzarChris:
I know I will be attacked for this, but the entire truth will surface one day. Gen. Abacha was the best thing to happen to this country till date. Obasanjo demonized his image, when he came into power as president, we all know how vindictive baba iyabo can be knowing that the then late General threw him into prison for his alleged role in a coup that tried to topple Abacha's government. So Obasanjo's aim was to demonize the public's perception of Abacha and the unfortunate death of Ken Saro wiwa and kudirat Abiola didn't help the general's posthumous case, hence the oputa panel.
Either way, all I know is that time will tell, the truth can never stay hidden forever.

Word.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2020
4 me I always felt that abacha didn't actually siphon dis money. It was a undercover attempt t protect our foreign reserve from being attacked by the US and others at the time, is people that didn't knw d man that would say he actually stole d money and is d same people calling him a looter that has actually looted d funds he stashed, I'm sure if he was alive he would have cleared himself buh he's dead now so anybody can talk trash abt him lyk d want,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by segun18(m): 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
This is preposterously humiliating of our sensibilities.
Quote of one of my old University Professor.

Mustapha and his associates are all Incorrigibly moronic and stupendously foolish.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by slivertongue: 2:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
shadeyinka:
You spoke like you know something the rest of us don't!
Are u sure ? check the comment under the quote
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by oloripeter(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
Abacha dey send our money back he no say bubu and co money to loot. Looter dey lootest
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by sureinfo: 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
hmm story for the Gods. well i would love too hear about the 8 coups against Abacha
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Femeto: 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
All Nigerian Presidents dey get K Leg.Its one problem or the other. Think about it.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by golddare: 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
[quote author=ijustdey post=90549608]Abacha loot: Emirs and Chiefs were consulted when money was kept overseas ― Al-Mustapha

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/abacha-loot-emirs-and-chiefs-were-consulted-when-money-was-kept-overseas-―-al-mustapha/
[/quot ;De]

Those chiefs and emirs dont have names? Mention their names for verification.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by bro4u: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
Samysearch:

Ur daftness is legendary. How can u attribute the failure of northern Nigeria to Islam. Is Dubai, UAE, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia a Christian country? Don't be led by hatred. Avail ur self of the bickering & hatred u plunged ur self into by seeking proper education!
I'm as surprised as you are bruh, same religion but different mindset so don't put the blame on me or call me a hater. Let's just say Muslims over there practice progressive Islam unlike the ones we have here.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Shimran(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
bro4u:
They've ruled this country more than any other region, they own most of the oil wells, they've got massive land at their disposal, they've got hard-working people when it comes to Agriculture, they have all it takes to make their region great, but unfortunately religion and illiteracy won't let them attain it. So unfortunate

Modified: Don't be deceived, southern leaders were not consulted, they're only trying to justify Abacha's loot and share part of the guilt to southerners.
Unfortunately illiteracy won't let them attain it. So unfortunate.
Please take note
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Teenaira: 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
ijustdey:
Abacha loot: Emirs and Chiefs were consulted when money was kept overseas ― Al-Mustapha

Why was I not aware that Nigeria is saving money in view of an impending sanction ? Is this man trying to say I am not a VIP ?

Anyway, does anybody know how much was saved self ?
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by olajizz01(m): 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
bigx:
So why wasn't it all returned immediately the sanctions were lifted? It's taking over 20 years
Don't mind that fool,had it been he didn't die awfully, nobody will hear about the money again and he will be enjoying his loots just as maradona and other useless head of state/presidents we have in this country.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Kubernetes: 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
helinues:
Western countries have to come out and explain their own part of the story.

Abacha, the Nigeria ancestors ATM remitting funds when needed...

It's like the money belongs toyo Nigeria but in Abachas name.Something similar to Gadafis own
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Lymasaba(m): 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
mofedamijo:
Lol...then he used his name to open the account... lol. Mustapha is a big fool. In a bid to save his boss, he now sounds so stupid. Apparently, if not for the military, a person like mustapha will probably be a shoe shiner or mai shai. Dan ubanka mustapha, buro banbanka.....wawa kawai....
so what name did he use to open the account. I'm just curious if it is possible ..and we never heard of the name.. my take is that the western countries need to explain their side of the story as the first comment said
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by ijedeikorodu(m): 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
Some of the politicians in various parts of government are fully aware of the looting by Abacha
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by fortune1968: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
Na animal talk be this ooooo .! ( Apology to Baba70 )
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by frog12: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
na emirs and chiefs dey run government? why this man dey lie? why he wait till now? because the script get support.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Lymasaba(m): 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Emir's, Obas and Chiefs were respected and recognized by the Abacha. Governors were seen as errand boys. Then when the Head of State wants to make a pivotal decision, a particular decree, creation of State, e.t.c he will have to consult with the traditional rulers of the country and he will carry them along. Now a traditional ruler will not dare bark at a Governor

I wanted to believe you because the mate hate the west so much then will definitely respect traditional rulers
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by alizma: 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
slivertongue:
"Sani Abacha made such move because “there was a period Nigeria was to be sanctioned”, so there was a need to “keep money overseas so that Nigeria and Nigerians would not suffer"

and he kept Nigeria's money in his account. pls find another narrative, this won't sell
Did you read through or you stopped half way? He said Abacha never open an account in his name for those money neither did he append signature anywhere claiming the monies are his. The other question is to ask our elders alive, both from the South and North if there was a time something of such was discussed and if yes, why have they been silent.
Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Omoejigbahe(m): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
He stashed the money in the countries that were about to sanction him, what a wise move. Mustapha you're a mumu man.

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Emirs, Chiefs Consulted When Money Was Kept Overseas - Al-Mustapha by Ezmans: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
MEGA4BILLION:
Story for the gods. There is nothing you can do to redeem the image of that looter.
Please tell me the names of those chiefs in the south let me go & ask him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Leaders In Happy Mood As They Shake Hands At Campaign Meeting (Photos) / Jonathan's Declaration On 11-11-2014 Has Occultic Significance - Chris Okotie / Edo Election: Ize-Iyamu Wins Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.