Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,537 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller (68388 Views)

From Biafra With Love Is A Bestseller! / Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra / 35 Author Hashtags To Market Your Next Bestseller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Lovelyn451(f): 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
Shey if I start writing book I'll go to America
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by dropurluv(m): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
anyone talking about racial equality in Nigeria is nothing but a hypocrite... I can't imagine the continuous Igbo/Yoruba debacle here always... when next we all see anything that has to do with racism, it's best we just shut it...thumbs up to the young Lady, making the world proud through her depth of knowledge... quite commendable.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Nothing like Nigerian American. She's Biafran American.
this your comment deserves accolades

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by fordunit(m): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Waoh! This is great. The igbos are good people

I have not seen any muslim woman from the north who is a popular writer

Note: Zainab Alkali was a Christian lady. She was Elizabeth Alkali from southern Borno, Borno State. A member of ECWA church but later converted to Islam.

If you know any northern woman who is a Muslim from birth and is a writer, let me know so that I can do research on her

The smell of hatred and ethnicism is evil. It has permeated so deep into our society that seemingly learned people make a mockery of themselves on Nairaland on a daily basis. It's about time Seun start flushing out the ethic bigots from this group. Oh wait...what if he is also one of them?

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Sambai65(m): 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
SecretSpy666:

Note: Zainab Alkali was a Christian lady. She was Elizabeth Alkali from southern Borno, Borno State. A member of ECWA church but later converted to Islam.

If you know any northern woman who is a Muslim from birth and is a writer, let me know so that I can do research on her
it will hard for you to see any hausa ladies around Allen Avenue 8pm except igbo

5 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Gee64: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
Igbos are very enterprising. They are the centre of commerce and ingenuity in Nigeria.

They are very hard working. But some unscrupulous ones can do anything for MONEY.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by ChiefSupplier55(m): 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
Am proud of the Southeasterns the igbo

check it out
https://www.nairaland.com/chiefsupplier55

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sircrabo: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
Aunty I.J, thank you for bringing Glory to your Home country. Like Chimamanda like you. keep up with the good work

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Enoch07: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Nothing like Nigerian American. She's Biafran American.
u don use laugh finish me here

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Emmacolinho(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Enemies of Biafra won't like this one oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by wman(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Some people are just too silly and bitter.

Congratulate your sister.

Why bring your hate for other tribes into this lovely and beautiful news?
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by seangy4konji: 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
abeg make i hear word jare.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by kabukabu50(m): 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
fordunit:

The smell of hatred and ethnicism is evil. It has permeated so deep into our society that seemingly learned people make a mockery of themselves on Nairaland on a daily basis. It's about time Seun start flushing out the ethic bigots from this group. Oh wait...what if he is also one of them?

It's a simple opinion.

Being your own facts of you think he is wrong.

Northerners don't place much value on literature talk less of women's literature.

Your very own president believes his wife belongs in the other room while men are making decisions for women.

So don't cry about it.

All the notable Nigerian intellectuals have heritage from the south or the west.

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Depressed101: 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
[s]Horrible human being. As if you pay to be here on Nairaland. Depression is about to kill you.[/s]

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
Tranquillity360:
If you like call buhari,the truth must be said.

When an Easterner
commit crime,he/she become IGBO but when achieved
great thing,he/she becomes a nigeria.

I always congratulate Igbos when you do good things. I visited this thread to do the same until I read your bigoted statements, so I’m calling on the mods to moderate this thread so we can congratulate Igbos and celebrate her as a Nigerian.

Anyways congratulations to her, Igbo Amaka! You people are very good writers, Chinua Achebe is one of my favourites grin

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by BigBankBlack(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice

But honestly bro, how do u cope..commenting on every single thread?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by gowonmaharajah(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
Naija to the world. cool

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Dpaulie(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
Depressed101:
you haven't read widely then there are excellent northern women writers too
You should be sure enough to tell him the names of those northern writers who have done excellently bro
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Burgerlomo: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Nothing like Nigerian American.
She's Biafran American.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by CORRECTMAN78(m): 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
[quote author=Anazp post=90566994]Some people will come here and start saying she's Igbo. Nonsense. When last did she visit Igbo land? Inferiority complex and the south easterners are like Siamese twins[/quo

Would you have put up this argument if she was nabbed for fraud?

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Noel19: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
Anazp:
Some people will come here and start saying she's Igbo. Nonsense. When last did she visit Igbo land? Inferiority complex and the south easterners are like Siamese twins
You're the biggest slowpoke in the history of the world.

I have a cousin sister who's was born in the states and hasn't visited Nigeria till date. Now are you going to say she ain't Igbo?

Take your hatred and bitterness off before it consumes you and your entire generation's to come.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
Tranquillity360:
Why crying to mod,continue posting your hateful comments against Igbos.

I only do that as retaliation, I never attack Igbos first until I read false information or otherwise provoked to do so.

Anyways congratulations to her.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Burgerlomo: 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
Congratulation cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Brunicekid(m): 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2020
SecretSpy666:

Stop bringing tribe into this whole issue.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by meccuno: 5:30pm On Jun 13, 2020
Masterkernel1:

If she has committed crime, you will trace her down to her origin, I hate snakes.
grin

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Tranquillity360: 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
DuwaRepublic:

I only do that as retaliation, I never attack Igbos first until I read false information or otherwise provoked to do so.

Anyways congratulations to her.
And i commented that as a retaliation of what you yorubas have been posting against Igbos.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by meccuno: 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
legitimatefrank1:
this your comment deserves accolades
grin

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
Tranquillity360:
And i commented that as a retaliation of what you yorubas have been posting against Igbos.

Okay, well back to the topic. Let’s not derail this thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tales Of Abigail / The Corridor of Hell / For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.